Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

People always talk about Trevor's best switches, but Michael angrily staring at an empty slip in the marina and cursing Jimmy is the best switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Law posted:

Alright so is there any way I can skip the you-know-what mission? I am seriously not comfortable playing that. Shelving the game until I can go back to cruising down highways to Rihanna and stalking celebrities.

Jesus Christ. Something Awful dot com: The internet makes you wimpy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm a bit confused about how the switching between protagonists works for the main storyline. I only have Franklin and Michael at the moment and notice the plot seems to be moving along regardless of who I start missions with - is the "you must play as X" requirement only for side activities?

The protagonists all have their own individual missions that only they can trigger as well as "team" missions that can be started by any of the characters who are taking part, though there are often missions that can only be started by a single character where the other 2 become involved later.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

Something I got early on but always wondered about, concerning Franklin's clothing: He has three or four "Urban Riders" outfits that are kinda cool, everything is black or silver and looks like it's meant for motorcycle riding. I didn't start the game with them, but they were definitely there after five or six missions.

Anyone know how I unlocked these, and if Michael and Trevor have similar unlocks as well? I have the Special Edition, so maybe it's that?

You get them when Lamar gives you the Bagger. I guess that Franklin joins the Uptown Riders (Black Motorcycle Gang) from TLaD.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Does VAG ever recover after the first heist?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BitBasher posted:

Not that I know of. It's Trevor, I can't imagine he has too much luck with the ladies. I was just trying to hook him up.

The first time you see him post prologue he's getting his end away in someone else's girlfriend...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They should have got the writers of Spec OPs: the Line (really underrated indie game that serves as a criticism of military shooters) to do the torture scene. I feel they could have gotten some really positive introspection out of the scene and bought some maturity to GTA V.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

causticBeet posted:

I think it's cool that they made one of the main characters homosexual/bisexual without making his sexuality the defining part of him.

He's a straight dude who fucks men prison rape style. Hardly what I'd call a progressive depiction of homosexuality.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

causticBeet posted:

Where did I say it was a portrayal of the gay population? I just thought it was cool they made a queer character that didn't have his whole schtick be that he was a token gay character.

It's really cool that the insane rapist doesn't act like a stereotypical flamboyant gay. I'd be pretty offended if it was Florian from GTA 4 going around forcing himself on other men.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The plot is an excuse to do wacky missions which is better than the ham fisted bullass that every single video game developer os crapping out these days.

Remember GTA 4? Lmao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Macys posted:

I regret only purchasing 2500 shares of H&L. :sigh:

I sold all mine to buy VAG after doing the first heist. :gonk:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Antti posted:

Rockstar have said sales were not what they had hoped with those two, so disregarding them when charting out what GTA V's DLCs might look like seems reasonable.

Did they say this pre or post Undead Nightmare?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I tried this and it ended up being a one hitter quitter which, while hilarious, considered him to be dead which I didn't want.

All but one of my bail bond guys died this way which is a pain because it's one of the few ways for Trevor to catch up money-wise after the first heist.

Totally my fault because I kept punching the guys after the first one died, but still.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Don't do the sub part collection. I want that 2 hours of my life back. :gonk:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ShineDog posted:

Woah, Franklins Talking dog mission

Any follow up to that?

That depends which talking dog mission you're talking about.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

Alright people, admit it. The Grotti Carbonizzare is actually some big internet hoax and doesn't actually exist, does it?

I just dumped one to swap cars while being chased by the cops. :dukedog:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tooooooo bad posted:

What the gently caress.

Is this the last Triathlon? I had this too, but the guy kindly waits at at the running section.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FallinInTheBlak posted:

PIS is at $6 now. What are we expecting it to peak at? I currently have 120m invested into it.

Everyone on Reddit is going to sell on Monday US time, but I suppose that means that a bunch of smart arses will try to sell early so sell now.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

Wow, we could really screw with Redditors if the paywall here goes up. We could watch their stock chat and dump all of our money into their competition so their stocks just plummet (I think, I'm not really sure how stocks work).

Isn't reddit like waaaay more popular than SA at this point?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

Thanks for the link, not too keen on the stock market overall. Don't bring accountancy into my murder simulator. :saddowns:

Anyway, it's hilarious watching my brother play this. He's killing a lot more people, and has far worse aim, so a lot of NPCs are giving Franklin constant poo poo for it which they didn't do for me. Does the game really take that much into account or is it just front loaded?

I know the psychiatrist talks about how much mayhem you cause and whether you make Michael root strippers and prostitutes.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Obsurveyor posted:

I think he says it regardless. I've never touched a stripper or prostitute with Michael but I'm always getting accused of it. Maybe Michael cheats when I'm not playing him. :D

I never do and Michael is always deadpan "Nope" when asked about his sexual escapades. I went to one before turning it off tonight for 100% so I'm curious as to what he's gonna say when I meet him next time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dear Rockstar,

Whoever designed the Stunt Jumps needs to be taken out the back and shot.

Kind regards

Knuc

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Just noticed thread title change. Love it.

I was kinda surprised these were required for 100% (well half anyway). Only game I bothered getting 100% on was SA and I'm pretty sure even back then they realized searching across the map for unmarked stunt jumps was kinda lame.

Probably wouldnt mind as much if they at least showed up on social, even just the ones you've completed, but gently caress it.

I don't mind using an interactive map to find them, they are just crappy in general with little room for error.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

more friedman units posted:

This is clearly THE official Trevor tattoo. It fits his character so much better than the other choices.

gently caress cops and the pig rear end in a top hat imho.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yardbomb posted:

Huh? I don't think saving would do anything when it's the R* server market I'm talking about.

Save. Cash out. Save in a new slot. Load up pre cash out save.

Why wouldn't this work?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yardbomb posted:

Oh, somehow I was overthinking it really hard and got myself all turned around. :v:

Yeah, it's so simple, I didn't even think of it until I saw it just now. Good idea.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

coyo7e posted:

Correction to the OP's second post: in the torture scene, it's not the knees that he smashes.

In my game he smashed his knee in.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

randombattle posted:

I don't understand the logic behind anyone doing something different. The game lays everything out that it's like

A: Help super douchbag who hosed you over and gloated about it the whole time?
B: Help the alternative but still collossal rear end in a top hat who hosed you over 10 times as worse?
C: gently caress THOSE FUCKERS AND gently caress THEM UP YEAAAAAAAH DEATHWISH BABY

I just don't understand anyone who is like "HMM... Well Steve was such a pal to me the whole game so I'll kill Trevor as a favor to him. I mean he always kept his word when he said this was the last job right?" or similar for Devin. The dudes spent the entire game loving you left and right and laughing in your face about it why the gently caress would you not pick the gently caress you option?

Because Trevor hurt your feelings by being a psycho meanie?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I can see it if you really hate Michael or Trevor, but I agree it's a stretch.

Also, Option C being labeled "Deathwish" might imply to some players that Franklin's probably going to die, so they're picking their least favorite character not even considering that C might be the "good ending".

I considered that, but I thought "gently caress it" anyway because I'd rather one/all of my dudes go out guns blazing than having 1 die like a bitch. I liked Michael and Trevor way more than Frank anyway.

Knuc U Kinte fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 1, 2013

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

bow chicka wow wow posted:

It would have actually been really cool if they made Devin/Steve playable to replace Michael/Trevor if you picked A or B. A ton of (mostly unnecessary) work on their end, but losing a character forever is really weird.

I was thinking Jimmy/Wade/Lamar.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Gaspar Lewis posted:

If Franklin is your least favorite character you get what you fuckin' deserve.

A grand ending befitting the story?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

Royale with cheese.

Nice.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

futureproof posted:

This is the worst character creation system I've ever seen.

Amen. I am playing on an hd monitor and I can't really tell what the grandparents look like. It's some serious 2002 Sims 1 portrait bullass. Let me make my own dudes dammit.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zedicus Mann posted:

Except Brad's dead. He's buried in the grave marked "Michael Townley"
That's a major plot twist spoiler too, if you didn't play the story.

It's not major at all. It's revealed as soon as you meet Dave Norton.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nerolus posted:

I just did all the Sonar Collections Dock stuff in one run, one sitting. Took almost 2 hours, gently caress. I never want to get in a submarine or go underwater again. My sub looked like a crushed up yellow soda can by the time I was done. gently caress this place. Looks like there's some new strangers and freaks stuff that unlocks after you get the waste though, so we'll see if it was worth it or not.

Don't do the sub part collection for your own sanity. It's not part of 100% and the reward is $10 and the meagre catharsis you get from beating the NPC who gave you the quest to death for wasting your irl time

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

cb rocks posted:

When going for gold medals replaying the missions do I have to fulfil all the requirements in one go or can I take one attempt at beating the time limit and the next fulfilling other criteria? (headshots/accuracy etc)

You can fulfil the objectives individually.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Do something else for a short while. For some reason the game doesn’t register the bump if all you do is sleep.

Yes it does. Check the week day. If it's the weekend, the markets don't update until Monday.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Emron posted:

Finished the mission on a Monday, cashed in late Monday night, turned my system off in confused disgust mid-Thursday. The stock trend was nothing but negative in the intervening period :smith:

Maybe they patched it. I did it maybe a week ago and cheesed myself 6 billion dollars.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

MZ posted:

No pressure then, GTAVI........ :stare:

Is it just me or does he look a bit like Billy Bob Thornton?

He looks a little bit like Trevor from GTA V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ak Gara posted:

I love that Trevor doesn't like people knowing his sordid secret past that he's actually a Canadian.

He's not actually Canadian though. He was born on the American side of a border town.

• Locked thread