Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always
Please respect your betters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ghost bones posted:

Please respect your betters.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Riller posted:

The GiP nerds broke it.

ur name backwards is friend of the family so whos the pos now fairy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Riller posted:

The GiP nerds broke it.

Please don't project. Thanks, G*d bless.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
My sick real life KD/R broke your weak beta male server

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Riller posted:

The GiP nerds broke it.

Please do not be mad you got kicked from the squad.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The Glorious Lord Carl Gustav broke the server in his ascended, UCAV form.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I am a whore: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/g4rfu/weapons/336765577/pc/

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Someone likes pistol servers.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

You are a goddamn crazy man.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So the SAR-21 is quickly becoming my favorite assault rifle. It has no loving recoil. I'm convinced it has literally none.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

OneEightHundred posted:

The main thing with burst weapons is that the first-shot recoil is delayed until the third bullet, which means the burst itself will be pretty accurate, but spamming multiple bursts will make it eat the multiplier repeatedly and bounce pretty hard. That tends to make them better at taking out enemies at medium range, but worse at hosing down enemies at short range.

That's been my general experience. Although given the number of people I see, shoot at, then kill me having ~75% health left I might have bigger problems. :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gonkish posted:

So the SAR-21 is quickly becoming my favorite assault rifle. It has no loving recoil. I'm convinced it has literally none.

I used to like the SAR-21 a lot, but then I switched back to the SCAR-H. At least with the SCAR I have a slightly better chance at CQC because the bullets do so much more damage.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Gonkish posted:

Check out l85a1. It's basically the SAR with 200 higher rpm.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I loaded that one goon's save posted a long time ago and got everything with one play. I did have to fix all his awful game configurations afterwards but that was a small price to pay.

Hey can you link to that post/can it be added to the OP? I tried searching for it but came up short.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The L85 reminds me more of the M16A3, but the SCAR-H is also a favorite. Plus, the SCAR is sexy.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Pistol progression is loving painful. They meticulously put all of the good ones past a bunch of completely interchangeable 9mm pieces of poo poo, and a full round on a pistol server only gives about 2000 points. I don't know how they expected anyone to unlock anything on regular servers.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
During double XP with boosts on, presumably. Just go to pistol servers for a while though, it's worth having the selection if you don't want to use the MP443 forever.

Mr.Citrus posted:

Check out l85a1. It's basically the SAR with 200 higher rpm.
Don't insult the L85, man.

The QBZ-95 is totally better than the SAR but its downside is that you can't currently use it with a sight.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

OneEightHundred posted:

Pistol progression is loving painful. They meticulously put all of the good ones past a bunch of completely interchangeable 9mm pieces of poo poo, and a full round on a pistol server only gives about 2000 points. I don't know how they expected anyone to unlock anything on regular servers.

The MP443 is a really good pistol and definitely the best one until you unlock the M1911 and 93R. Then use either of those(or dont) until you get the Compact 45.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The QBZ-95 is totally better than the SAR but its downside is that you can't currently use it with a sight.

True, but that reload speed is terrible. 3 seconds for a tactical reload.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Gonkish posted:

The L85 reminds me more of the M16A3, but the SCAR-H is also a favorite. Plus, the SCAR is sexy.

The SCAR is loving ugly. And so are all the stupid ACE variants. :colbert:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

People use to the SCAR to play out their Navy SEAL fantasies. After getting all the unlocks for the SCAR-H, I personally see no reason to use it since the Ace 52 CQB exists.

[edit]

folgore posted:

The SCAR is loving ugly. And so are all the stupid ACE variants. :colbert:

Man, Galils are hot poo poo dude. The only thing I don't like about SCARs is the UGG boot buttstock.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Has anyone encountered the "my teammate is invisible" bug? My friend and I were playing on Lancang Dam earlier tonight and I got near him and couldn't find him anywhere, and then realized his name was hovering above nothing, I followed him around for awhile and he was just completely invisible. Other people could see him, enemies were shooting at him, but for me he wasn't there. Just another weird fluke to add to the ever growing list.

As for pistols, I like the default pistol. I played a couple rounds of pistols only and went 43 and 22 on my first attempt, unlocking a couple more guns and red dot sights. I'm not really obsessed with getting all the pistol unlocks but I like having that RDS.

Also unlocked and got my first SUAV roadkill tonight. At least that gives me an excuse to play recon. I'm considering just playing recon with a carbine like a regular soldier once in awhile for the occasional SUAV action. Sniping is not my strong suit, thankfully.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

caldrax posted:

I'm considering just playing recon with a carbine like a regular soldier once in awhile for the occasional SUAV action. Sniping is not my strong suit, thankfully.

Play Recon with the M870 shotgun, C4, and your SUAV with the spec-ops perks—poo poo is fun as hell. (I don't have the SUAV, so I just use motion sensor balls :shobon:)

Can you attach C4 to a SUAV?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So here's something :dice:worthy. Evidently, attack helos are now immune to tank sabot shells. Played a round of golmud, and lost three tanks to assholes happily hovering 20m from my cannon and eating 2-3 sabot rounds while killing me off. Heli was at a dead hover, the hit graphics would be there, but no hitmarker or damage was done to the helo. Kills the transport and scout helis just fine, but the attack helo is evidently carrying advanced armor that makes it 100% immune.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I never switch teams.

I think I perform better when people are coming at me rather than me hunting them.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

teagone posted:

I doubt it, since you just pull it out and hold it and immediately throw it. I haven't really tried out the shotguns in this game much, I might try that loadout soon. I tend to be more likely to break out a shotgun in TDM or Domination though.

As to the "switching to the winning team" thing, I find it much more rewarding to get in a game with a friend of mine and carry the team from behind into victory, knowing I made a difference. I'm willing to risk my Win/Loss percentage for the chance to do that. I try not to care about my stats, but it feels good to watch them go up. It comes naturally though from just making an attempt to be decent.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
getting really sick of the "disappearing" round when I fire from the tank, dead-shot, perfect aim and it literally goes right through it and no explosion, no hit, no nothing.

Please tell me this happens to others because its causing me to lose battles....

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!
Between people crashing on purpose after a missile hit to deny the kill or having every plane I tag blown up by a teammate before I can finish the job, I'll be happy when well shot of jets. How in god's name does someone go 30/6? I'm trying to use the gun and lead with the tiny dot but even a good run only nets me ~30 damage before I lose the plane or get blown up myself. I was on a hardcore air sup map though, does that make any difference?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Naturally Selected posted:

So here's something :dice:worthy. Evidently, attack helos are now immune to tank sabot shells. Played a round of golmud, and lost three tanks to assholes happily hovering 20m from my cannon and eating 2-3 sabot rounds while killing me off. Heli was at a dead hover, the hit graphics would be there, but no hitmarker or damage was done to the helo. Kills the transport and scout helis just fine, but the attack helo is evidently carrying advanced armor that makes it 100% immune.

They're definitely not immune to sabot shells. I took one down just a few hours ago on a China Rising map. It sounds like some other sort of bug, but there's no special immunity for sure.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

True, but that reload speed is terrible. 3 seconds for a tactical reload.
Not everything can have a nice reload, that's why everything else about guns like the MTAR are so good!

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
Is the UCAV hosed up? I just unlocked it and it is giving me the option for airburst after I launch it. When I click, about 1 out of every 4 times it will act like it exploded, but it doesn't do any damage and it just keeps flying.

I haven't even touched the bomber, so I'm not sure how the airburst is an option for me.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

TheRationalRedditor posted:

During double XP with boosts on, presumably. Just go to pistol servers for a while though, it's worth having the selection if you don't want to use the MP443 forever.

Don't insult the L85, man.

Does the L85 have the sight problem?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

No it's perfectly calibrated

Griz
May 21, 2001

CombatBonta-kun posted:

I haven't even touched the bomber, so I'm not sure how the airburst is an option for me.

It's not, the text is bugged and appears randomly when you don't have it unlocked.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I feel like guilin peaks is a bit like playing ps2 (but actually fun). You end up in these massive roaming gangs that swoop about the map having these mid range fights.

Only having the one chopper makes it really interesting. I'm also a huge sucker for the way it looks and feels. Those steps (are they called that?) which go down levels mean you can flank people and pop up and shoot them even if they have the height advantage.

It's a really nice map.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
Hahaha well at least BF4 has a theme that moves back in the right direction right?

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

So can we get a list of where goons are playing? kfs is dead as poo poo and I'd like to see some doritos over an enemy head once in a while.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

caldrax posted:

I doubt it, since you just pull it out and hold it and immediately throw it. I haven't really tried out the shotguns in this game much, I might try that loadout soon. I tend to be more likely to break out a shotgun in TDM or Domination though.

As to the "switching to the winning team" thing, I find it much more rewarding to get in a game with a friend of mine and carry the team from behind into victory, knowing I made a difference. I'm willing to risk my Win/Loss percentage for the chance to do that. I try not to care about my stats, but it feels good to watch them go up. It comes naturally though from just making an attempt to be decent.

Had an excellent round last night. I was on my iPad as Commander and on Paracel Storm the other side were raping us with 3 attack boats and we quickly went something like 614 v 850 tickets. Those boats were just hammering us and we all HVT's but we managed to keep B capped and finally they clued into using the gunships to attack the boats.

In the end we clawed it back to win by 27 tickets. Great feeling.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

teagone posted:

Yes, it's called the airburst UCAV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

all apologies posted:

getting really sick of the "disappearing" round when I fire from the tank, dead-shot, perfect aim and it literally goes right through it and no explosion, no hit, no nothing.

Please tell me this happens to others because its causing me to lose battles....
I don't drive around in tanks a lot but I've had this happen A LOT with the m203. The grenade is launched from the tube and I can see it hit someone, but it just doesn't do anything.

• Locked thread