Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
How much heavier is Battlefield 4 versus 3? I imagine there's all sorts of new fancy dandy improvements that become more demanding, but my computer's performance between BF3 and BF4 at the same settings is kind of night and day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gonz posted:

Christ, I had totally forgotten about that. Bear with me, i've been drinking a bit this evening. Yeah, I have a 125 GB SSD; but when I install the game via Origin, it doesn't give me the option to install it to said SSD; it just goes from downloading the game to installing it automatically on my C: drive.

There's a setting in Origin that lets you set where you want your game installs to go. I don't think you can do it on a per-game basis though.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So do counter-knifes only occur if attacked from the front?

I countered a knife attack last round and felt awesome.

And then I got countered myself. :downs:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think my worst experience with a map so far has been Flood Zone on Obliteration.

I don't know why the bomb keeps teleporting off the map. Maybe it's falling into the water? Whatever, it's disorienting as all gently caress.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Bought some slim jims for battle packs, won Need for Speed Rivals instead. Hooray? I don't really play racing games so I don't know if it's any good.

Anyways, can knives only be found in gold battlepacks?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What's the Offensive/Defensive/whatever perks that you have with each class? How do you fill up the bar to activate them?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Do I need to sit through the credits to get my end of campaign medals? My game crashed during the credits roll and I didn't get my p90 :mad:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Deep Space Hitler posted:

Just played my first round on Flood Zone and jesus christ the water in this game...

Traversing water made a whole lot more sense to me once I found out I could dive by hitting the crouch or prone toggle. That and you can use a pistol while swimming. And C4 I think?

Also any goons on budget builds able to get this game running smoothly framerate-wise?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Riller posted:

I was too, and then I changed the audio to "War Tapes" and I was just :asoiaf:

War Tapes?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Shima Honnou posted:

Played a while on a hardcore pistols only server. The REX is super bad, even in hardcore it takes like 2 shots to kill up close most of the time.

Gonna grind that poo poo out to be done with it forever :suicide:

I hope the .44 Magnum is better. I swore by that gun in Battlefield 3.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Urby posted:

I'm bad at making videos... but battlefield is always more fun when you aren't playing seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzynpWXvaMs

Is the EOD bot easier to control than in BF3? I remember controlling BF3's EOD bot was like trying to control an epileptic cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So... on a scale of 1 to 10, how buggy is this game at this stage? (10 being how buggy it was the first few months of launch, and 1 being uhh... Battlefield 3's current state.)

Final Stand looks like a bunch of fun but the Premium package is still a pretty penny.

• Locked thread