Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Multiplayer is fantastic. Motherfucking killed an attack helicopter with the train.

Tried the campaign, which was pretty cool till it started bugging the gently caress out. 2 crashes and my loving favorite, this:

lovely phone pick, but that right there is me after I fell through the floor and under the map. Where it check pointed me. Haven't felt that big of a gently caress you since the endless looping intro in BF3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trilin posted:

I haven't played this game yet but what's wrong with this? Burst fire modes are woefully underused in video games general as it is.

BF3* was the game that taught me select fire is actually a really good idea. I don't really see the issue?

*Outside of ArmA.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just had a match on Paracel. Probably one of my favorite maps I've played so far. Hopped aboard a murder boat and had a loving blast. We were killing helo's, boats, mans, and we were capturing objectives like it was no thing (also I machine gun'd all the bridges apart). When the storm hit everyone in the boat switched to OHSHI- mode and we started battle ramping waves, a few times going under water.
The Battle Boat stayed afloat for 10 minutes :911:. I must have leveled the drat thing up 5 times.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WastedJoker posted:

Yeah boats do look fun but I've enver tried them.

Jetskiing during the storm is a big pain in the arse though. It turns far too sharply for the slightest press of A/D!

A-loving-greed. When the boat finally got sunk I deployed to the jet ski. Which took my key presses as me sledgehammering my keyboard. Once I got it under control it spent the remainder of the match ramping waves next to exploding things.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone know if I can change my emblem from the battle log app, if so how?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For the love of God don't try hardcore mode yet. That poo poo is just bananas, double so for maps with armor on them.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tab8715 posted:

But it makes DMRs so much fun!

Take the scope of the MK and it's pretty much a wrap.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaphod42 posted:

Hey, at least you can't spot through dust and poo poo like you could in BF3, that was really broken.

Play on hardcore. Problem solved.

Hahah that reminds me of the plethora of times I got accused for cheating by shooting through smoke. Like people believed that the smoke made them invincible or that I couldn't see the loving marker right above their heads.
If I see smoke getting popped I'm probably just going to shoot into it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Not an Anthem posted:

I never really played the COD/BF games until recently so I'm crap at the mechanics but I love BF4! I've been engineer and scout because I'm not as great with figuring out targeted shots as well as all the well-hid enemy snipers.

Engineer: get in a heli and repair all loving day and then shoot anyone you see with rockets. Alternately sneak up on tanks and do this. I've killed a lot of tanks who should really have seen me this way.

Recon: press Q and drop C4 on vehicles, use your pistol a lot. One round all I did was press Q and I got so many loving points.

That's one of things I really like that got changed. You can score hella points by just assisting and being a good teammate. I remember seeing the 'Squad Mate Kill counts as Kill' assist with 110 points, that was great.
It's just like "Hey you tried your hardest to kill that guy but your bro got him first, but gently caress it dude you get the points too."

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
15 kill rampage on locker, meet my grenade launcher guys!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahaha holy poo poo there's nothing like locking down a 32 man team to Objective A.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As much as a slog as some of the campaign was the last missions were actually pretty good.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

suddenlyissoon posted:

It's official. Hardcore is 10x's the fun of the regular mode. I can easily rack up 20 or more kills per round in hardcore but in regular mode I'm more likely to get 20 deaths.

Double fun, play Locker and bring an underslung. People just love to group up.

quote:

Speaking of unreasonable mechanics; I'm like 99% sure the answer to this is no, but is there any way at all to use freelook while also controlling your plane (beyond yawing)?
Right click.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 6, 2013

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bohemian Nights posted:

Binding free look to right click changes the mechanic? Right now I have it bound to middle mouse button, and that freezes all my controls except yawing, just like in BF3. Is it really that simple?

E; I'm stuck at work, or I'd check it myself, but that sounds pretty weird to me!

I mayyy have misunderstood your question. Do you mean the ability to look around your cockpit? If so then it should be defaulted to right mouse button. It's odd that remapping it would mess up the rest of your keys, I was thinking about mapping my free look to left alt.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gropiemon posted:

Playing with a friend on Rogue Transmission. We both parachute in on top the dish, drop down behind 4 dudes, we knife all of them square up and snipe two guys in the construction buildings. Enemy MAA rolls over us in that pit, friend C4s MAA and we take the flag. Ugh so gooooood I can't stop shooting loads.

Also came back from like a 200 ticket deficit. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/397987504322919808/362801058/

Dude, same map. Enemy team was camping the piss out of the hills by Helicopter Pad. For whatever reason it kept spawning me below their line of sight, oh so very many tags were nabbed today.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gazaar posted:

I've been playing a bunch of 32 man tdm when I get bored with vehicles being a factor and it's great. Railway TDM especially feels like BC2, it's just a bunch of fully fuckable houses to go hog wild in.

I tried a HC squad tdm. Thinking it would be more of the same.

Don't loving play HC Squad Tdm.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Operation locker, hardcore Obliteration.

2 hours, 70 kills. When I finally planted the last bomb I felt like loving Moses leading his people from slavery.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liberatore posted:

Let me guess... You were in the Russian side?

Edit: My best experience in Operation Locker was when we needed to blow up the last point, and there were around 12 enemies covering the bomb carrier out in the snow. I ran up the stairs in the middle of the map, quickly shot the carrier in the back, grabbed the bomb, ran back, jumped down and made it to like 10 meters away from the point before an enemy shot me. A teammate took the bomb and planted it. I think this is the closest I will ever be to playing American Football in a video game.

Those things are unrelated. The sound loops because the game freezes.

A bunch of people have posted fixes for your problem, though. Have you tried any of them? I suggest going to the official tech support forum if you haven't.

Yes. And that's basically how it ended. That and everyone was so loving through with the match. Basically some guy got the bomb to the last station, died. I ran in and grabbed it and planted it while the whole room was just loving exploding as 40 dudes were making mince meat out of each other. When that game over screen popped up I nearly fell to my knees.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WastedJoker posted:

I followed this guide:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1439672/want-to-increase-bf4-frames-unpark-your-cores/30#post_21133583

Seems like a more user friendly version of the tweak.

If anyone is having stuttering do this poo poo now. It's like magic.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WastedJoker posted:

Uhhh, bad guys never have a blue icon over them. That's how I determine who to shoot rather than camo.

On hardcore it seriously takes the Dorito like 2 seconds to show up.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WastedJoker posted:

I decided to play a game of rush and got onto a server playing Golmund Railway with 64 players.

I joined halfway through attacking and it seemed ok.

Then we switch to defending and the game lasted 2 minutes.

I don't even know why.

Welcome to rush!
Nothing's harder than the sting of not being able to capture the last mcom. I'm also sad that the tower doesn't stay up in Siege Rush.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still haven't played Resort or the Dam. But my tops are Storm and Siege. I just wish Rush on SoS would leave the tower up.
E:

Snaxx posted:

Parcel Storm by a landslide. Only thing missing is the controllable cruisers and carriers a la Battlefield 1942.
Just ride the crashing battleship :getin:

frank.club fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 7, 2013

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The thing I would like is more music in my multiplayer. I just want to jam out to that bitchin' Warsaw theme while I'm blowing poo poo up.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pylb posted:

Not sure what my favorite map is, bu the ones I dislike the most are Dawnbreaker, followed by Goldmud and Flood Zone.

-edit-
"unparking" my cores introduced stuttering for me by the way.

I like flood zone after the levee breaks. I've had a lot of fun swimming underwater and surprising enemies. Even when I'm on a team getting our poo poo tucked in it's a blast to hold Parking Garage like the Alamo.

You know what would be a cool gadget, a rebreather.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Me and my friends used to do things like not talk to each other out of shock if something too ridiculous happened in 3. Shot a dude out of his jeep with a RPG without blowing up the jeep, no one talked for 5 minutes. Close lined a sniper with my jet, friend took my controller from me. Friend got sniped out of a helicopter and we silently turned the XBOX off.

This poo poo right here? We would have gone into seizures.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sappo569 posted:

So on the topic of all the hack talk.

I was playing last night and every 2-5 minutes the server would announce :"Shittyplayer1234" banned for GameHack" or some such.

Either the server was a hot bed for hackers, or the system is really cracking down.

I for one am glad to see this, as games like War Z were swarmed with hackers, and we all know how that finished up.

On the other side of the conversation, why is it these super great hack programmers are able to create, market, and sell their product in the open. Do the game companies simply allow it "because"?

It can't be that hard to track the guys down for charge them with a whole slew of offenses, considering they are receiving payment for a product (paypal?)

Don't know bout the last part, but I was playing Thunder Dome (server) and their anti cheat was banning fools like it was going out of style.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr.Citrus posted:

None of the bugs have been fun killers, just minor to major annoyances. At its core this is a REALLY loving fun game, clouded by some annoying as hell issues which happen at random.

Once they actually fix server crashes and these it loving clear that leveling up from ribbons and post game stuff doesn't actually level you up for whatever reason then it'll be better, that and the net code.

No joke this is one of the funniest multi player experiences I've had regardless.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a scope for sideways mounted iron sights and said,"Oh that's pretty loving cool." Gonna try and play on KFS today, will I out myself as a goon before trying to kill as many as you as possible?
Maybe maybe not.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Factor Mystic posted:

Obliteration is the best, forget about playing any other game modes. Conquest is so boring and Rush is so pointless after playing Obliteration. It's also the game mode that rewards teamwork the best. If you coordinate grabbing the bomb with a vehicle pickup and a good driver it's almost hard not to win.

Try it on Locker sometime :getin:.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kibayasu posted:

With 64 players :pcgaming:

On hardcore too, just because you hate yourself.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Party Plane Jones posted:

I still find it absolutely hilarious that the game basically goes "pfft you didn't earn those" should you get a level up from end of round ribbons.

Same, though it makes up for it by reminding you 50 times if you level up in game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm sure you or someone else could put together a good OP. I'm playing on the PC myself but I think you guys should have your own thread to be cool in.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The TDM on Railway is hilarious. If the match doesn't end with literally every possible building collapsed you weren't having enough fun.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Had a great time on KFS, I highly recommend it to any goon. Hop on the mumble for pure hilarity. I also learned that KFS K/D is different from normal K/D.
Oh, and the gangster sight is far too wicked.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Server crashes while I got an exp boost. loving kidding me?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Olive Branch posted:

I just met a skygod who had 438 attack jet kills to his name in 71 hours of playing.

Some people are playing BF4 and some people are role playing loving Mobious 1 in Ace Combat.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did anyone else chuckle when they put the duckbill on their first shotguns and the reticle turned into an oval?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I was shooting barrels with my sniper in the test range when I got a conquest service star.

Any idea how to keep it :v:?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pvt Dancer posted:

They're all pretty awful except the last one because of bullet drop. For the SRR-61 you set the zero to 200m and can headshot anyone up to 300m by pointing at their face which is a lot easier than having to adjust or aim above. I used the M40A5 to grind to it because it had all the unlocks I needed pretty soon. I feel that ACOG 4x has the best balance for most maps, over 300 meters it gets a bit difficult but I still get plenty of marksman ribbons this way (only 5 more to the terrible unlock).

Some maps don't really lend themselves to sniping though. It's mostly Hainan Resort, Rogue Transmission and Lancam Dam where you can stay near objectives and don't lose out at midrange constantly. Or be a hill wookie and battle it out with the other hill wookies on the other side of the map. That said it's good to know what the stationary sniping spots are because they are so easy to nail.

If you're gonna hill wookie you better watch your back because I go up there to grab dog tags wholesale. You should also be prepared for the shame that'll bring to your family, Baka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey you know what's great?
Motherfucking cratering C bomb site on Dam so it makes it impossible to plant!

• Locked thread