Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Ugh, I'm a terrible person. Bought this game, looking forward to playing a ton on my 2 off days this week. How good are supports right now? I heard they lost their C4s, what replaced that for them? Some new explosive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
drat, sniping in this game is significantly more fun than I recall it being in BF3. Everything seems more responsive and whatnot. Not to mention setting ranges making sniping at long range less of a practice in futility, as I could never gauge bullet drop that well.

All in all I'm really liking this game, as long as it isn't randomly crashing or having the audio bug out. I wish vehicles were easier to kill, but maybe they are once I unlock RPGs, I figure the LAW is just a weaker version...?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Alan Smithee posted:

I seriously can't stand hardcore. I don't know for me all I hear when I hear "real life this real life that" is "grognardgrognardgrognardgrognardgrognard"

maybe if I had all my unlocks already otherwise it just makes this progression even more of a sludge

Hardcore is fun when you're solo and like sneaking around by yourself. No radar makes things a lot better for a lone guy picking people off and flanking. Sniping is also easier, since bodyshots will usually one-hit kill a person.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
No poo poo. Spotting automatically makes all the bad players on your team realize that there are enemies right in front of them, and get them to shoot at people. Why more people don't spot is beyond me, it's just so good.

So the new binocular things are the recon vehicle locking thing, huh? I didn't realize that until now, since I haven't been playing recon on maps with a lot of vehicles (and I rarely pull them out to tinker with them anyways).

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Ciaphas posted:

Noted, thanks.

Is there any point at all in using the PLD while solo on a public server?

It also has thermal vision, which is great for finding people in a forestish type of area and spotting them, so you can swap to your sniper and shoot them.

• Locked thread