Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever

keyframe posted:

Spectator mode is loving awesome :allears:

It makes me nervous knowing anybody out there can be watching me and whatever stupid poo poo I am doing in game :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Something just went wrong

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Is there any way to tell what the ticket count is before joining a server? I really don't like joining games that are already more than halfway complete when one team is already being stomped by 300+ tickets.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
I'm not digging slugs like as much as in BF3. It seems like you pretty much have to get a head shot even close up. Maybe it'll be better with a bit site that has a bit more zoom.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
I hope they keep Metro exactly the same. It's nice to have at one map where you can count on absolutely nothing unpredictable happening. No explosives Metro 64 is the only way I could get any enjoyment out of bolt action rifles in BF3 (because I suck at them). There's gotta be one map that requires no thought. You can play Metro one-handed while turning the game volume all the way down and chilling to music of choice with a good book, and cup of hot cocoa.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever

Icept posted:

Have you even considered metro with the XM25 airburst? It's going to be worse than BF3 metro, which I had previously thought to be impossible.
You're right about that. I was actually thinking about the "no explosives" Metro servers where you just relax and shoot at smoke or headshot recons by aiming at scope glint through the smoke.

The normal explosive variety of Metro might be more dynamic though with the way the revive mechanics have changed.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Has anyone unlocked Slugs for the 870 yet? the one hit kill range seems like it's smaller than using buckshot, it's all over the place if you try and strafe while firing but when you ADS it has basically zero drop and travels pretty quickly. it's the most bizarre poo poo

also: game just patched and every single one of my settings have been reset :negative:

I tried them for a while and wasn't too happy. I'd miss pretty frequently up close, and at a distance a headshot is a necessity which is difficult to pull off with just the RDS. I did get killed a few times by some guy using slugs and the duck bill so I might give that a try.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever

The Mantis posted:

wtf are the physics on this? wouldn't a duckbill only work with scattershot?

I dunno if it has any effect, but that's what he was doing. He might have just been having a lucky round. Success with slugs can be pretty random when hipfiring. I felt like I was firing actual slugs (the shell-less molusc) rather than lethal chunks of metal.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever

Ravenfood posted:

Problem is, you need to if you want to unlock the Mk11 to try it out.

It isn't any better than the RFB.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever

Captain Beans posted:

Is there a .cfg file somewhere that stores your keybinding/settings?

I had all of mine wiped(I guess from this patch yesterday or whatever), and would like to back it up this time. Figuring it out when taking off in a helo is too late :(

You should find it in your Documents library (or "My documents" or whatever) under "Battlefield 4\settings". I actually backed mine up before letting the patch download and install after I saw people bitching about it, but it didn't seem to want to read my old settings even after I copied them back over. There is some Origin cloud storage for save games and settings and maybe the updated beta is using that.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
I did a Raven's Rock emblem (from Ghost Racoon). It's pretty simple and it still isn't perfect, but it should look good in game.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/SaucyPuppet/stats/223025496/pc/

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever

Spanish Manlove posted:

That sounds like the worst server ever made and I'm glad this stuff is being taken out.
Sure, if you like playing on canals with a constant rain of c4 parachuting retards and crane snipers.

There were basically 3 types of servers with admin script kills/kicks:
1. Canals limiting the use of certain weapons (e.g. no shotguns, or pistols only). Pistols-only could be a lot of fun occasionally.
2. No explosives Metro. It was still a mess with 64 players but was a lot more playable than regular.
3. Servers that auto-killed or kicked for profanity. I can't remember if there is an in-game language filter in BF4, but for BF3 at least, even though it isn't something I really cared for, I still think a server admin should have the option to try to enforce clean chat if that is what they want.

I think the unofficial/ranked mode should be a little more flexible since specialized servers simply won't exist, or at least won't have any players, if they don't affect stats or count towards unlocks.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Those of us who still haven't preordered: Greenman Gaming has a %20 off promo going on now coming to $47.99. The code is TAREM-BF4NA-PROMO

I think it is only valid for the normal NA release.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Well, I just got my $48 BF4. Not as good as the $40 BF3 from Amazon two years ago, but still a nice little discount. Sorry to those who the code didn't work for. I didn't realize GMG only enabled them to specific customers.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever

Zeike posted:

Did you get $12 in credit back as well? Thats the deal I got from them a while ago(just the credit, not the coupon as well).

Just the $12 off. I guess it is basically the same deal they were running before, just 20% off vs 20% back in credit. I didn't even think about trying to combine them, but it probably wouldn't have worked.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
I see some servers filling up. This is going to be the least productive "work from home" day in quite some time.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Anyone have trouble redeeming slim jims for battle packs? I redeemed one, entered the code in Origin, but never received a battle pack. Does it just take a while?

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
I wish commander mode was scaled down so that it doesn't constantly use 100% of the GPU and CPU. I can understand normal multiplayer giving my computer a workout, but for commander mode (and the campaign ending credits as well), it doesn't seem necessary.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Don't get frustrated and clickity click click click click to spawn. This seems to crash the game.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Is there some issue with the M320 LVG causing the game to crash?

I finally tried it after unlocking it and my first grenade launched with it causes the game to crash just as it explodes. I join another game and the same exact thing happens.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
It's taking me like 10 times longer to unlock the DMRs than it has any of the other types of guns. It also makes me angry at Battlefield.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
I got kicked from a server by punkbuster for a high ping of 104 (admin decision). I wasn't really paying attention to my ping in game and I don't consider ~100 to be THAT bad in Battlefield. Battlelog did only show a ping of 49 to the server. On the other hand, I was camping the bomber trying to get the stupid ribbons for the assignment. I had already gotten two kills and had just started my third run so I guess I made some baby who also wanted the bomber upset.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever

xelpmoc posted:

I just unlocked the 93R and discovered DICE used the M9 model with a foregrip slapped on instead of a correct 93R model. And the foregrip isn't even quite right. And your guy doesn't hold it while shooting.

MY IMMERSION

:negative:

I wish they had used the robocop 93r. And made it sound like it does in the movie.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
The texture flickering issue after the last patch is mainly affecting SLI setups right? Is there any trick to fixing it, other than disabling SLI?

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
The MAV also doesn't seem to give a gently caress about getting hit by Stingers/IGLAs/whatever.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
I just checked my voip settings and noticed push-to-talk was bound to L-Shift rather than L-Alt. I'm pretty sure I've been inadvertently saying all sorts of colorful things to random squadmates every time this game makes me angry, quite possibly directed at them.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
So what would be the quickest way to grind out the recon rifle unlocks? These are the only weapons I haven't unlocked because I hate them but I figured I'd take advantage of the double-xp to do so anyways. I joined a round on Golmud, thought I could maybe pick up one of the special sniper rifles to make life even easier, but was promptly killed by admin because of "SNIPER LIMIT 1".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
How do you unlock them without using them? Just exclusively use the pickup weapons like the M82A3 when I get a chance? I just want to get the guns. I actually unlocked EVERYTHING in BF3 but I don't think I'll be able to do that in BF4 - I'd just like to get all the weapons and vehicle unlocks if I can force myself back into the attack jet. I was having decent luck on a hardcore locker server as suggested but the game in general doesn't seem to want me to play right now. I'll try again later I guess.

I don't know if I can force myself to use the weapons enough to get the FY-JS - Maybe if "no explosives" metro servers end up playing out like the did in BF3.

• Locked thread