Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

n0n0 posted:

I always tried to get into Battlefield 3, but the pacing always felt off. And the maps didn't feel feel good. And it just wasn't what I wanted to play. Coming from Battlefield 1942 back in the day, it just felt... too fast? Or something.

Battlefield 4 is awesome. The map that floods, and the Dam map -- holy poo poo. Don't get me wrong, I totally suck (0.5 k/d with pubbies), but it really brings back memories of 1942.

If it weren't for the random crashes, it would be so awesome.
Yeah. Agree with this post. Just started playing this and it's great. My k/d ratio is awful. Really impressed by the sounds of this game. But it keeps crashing. It's driving me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
I unlocked some stuff and then the game crashed. I no longer have the unlocked stuff. gently caress this.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

Umberger posted:

In my experience it will show up on Battlelog in a little bit if you just wait it out.
How long is 'a little bit'?

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
I hope after this patch I'm actually able to play siege of Shanghai. I still don't know what that map looks like because it crashes my pc everytime I'm done loading.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

Jippa posted:

I'm really looking forward to playing golmud railway with sound. I spent last weekend grinding tdm and it almost killed me so I'm saying gently caress it and just playing maps I like on conquest.
Same here. There is a lack of sound if there's no one around you. As in.. There is simply no sound at all.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Anybody else disappointed in levolution? It was supposed to be gamechanging, but it's nothing but eyecandy. It's fun to watch a tower collapse, I guess, but it doesn't do much at all.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

Delpino posted:

Just tried playing on 6 different servers and after about 20 seconds in-game it goes to the blinking cursor and client closes. I assumed PB was out of date and ran PBsetup and it did make an update (A1388 to A1390) but the same thing happens after the fact. Battlelog even says "Leaving level" so it seems to be a graceful exit sent from the servers. Since I know PB kicks are listed on the server chat box, anyone willing to hop on KFS and see if that comes up? That or any ideas what the hell I'm seeing?
I just had this happen to me. In my case it happened right after I scored a grenadelauncher-kill. The blinking cursor came up and the client closed. I'm not sure what that means, but the server status did display a number of weapons they 'banned'. It's probably something different, but maybe you got kicked?

Or... Maybe I just crashed. I'm just not sure with this game anymore.

edit: Just read your post again. It's probably not a ban.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Why did I pay for this poo poo beta again? Everything crashes and all progress is lost. gently caress this game.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
I'm not even sure whether to believe them. Wouldn't be surprised if they hosed up on their end.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

Siets posted:

Since the patch, every server I play in has atrocious rubber-banding lag. Like every 2 seconds my screen jitters and readjust my position and everyone else's position around me. It's unplayable. I've tried the new slider to both ends of the extremes and I don't notice a difference.

Is this :dice:'s network code fix? I understand people didn't like being magic bulleted through walls, but honestly at least the game felt playable.
Same here now. Everything's jolting and stuttering. Barely playable.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Maybe it's been posted before, so sorry in advance. But what's your favorite sniperrifle? I'm still digging the M40A5 with the straight pull. There are so many stats and so many variables along with al the different attachments, so I no longer know what's 'best'.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

hreple posted:

I felt the M40 to be good, but lacking straight up bullet speed. That's basically why you want the later rifles. I really liked the M98B for less bullet-drop and more speed, and the SRR61 (end game rifle) is pretty beastly. Haven't used it "that" much since I got it - but it's pretty sexy. Also - the 61 "I think" kills with a chest-shot at close range.
Yeah bullet speed is pretty poor on the M40. Almost makes it feel like I'm slinging a rock with a catapult.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
I still don't understand how the sniperscope works.. with those stripes and all. Can someone explain?

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

Less Fat Luke posted:

You can zero the scope to account for bullet drop over distance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWXzes60ULQ
I know. And I'm doing quite well. I'm just not entirely sure what those stripes do.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

DrPop posted:

Here's an album of maps and pictures from the Gamespot China Rising preview.

http://imgur.com/a/DNfQd
Looks like it'll be well suited for vehicles.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Maybe I'm wrong. But I think I wasted a few grenades in the Locker map by having them not explode at all.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

Perestroika posted:

I'm surprised that so many people seem to dislike Golmud, while it is pretty much my favourite map right now. You can have a nice bit of varied infantry combat between A, B, and C and the plains around the south are great for nice tank/chopper fights. Plus I just love how completely demolished the northern town looks near the end of an intense match.
For these reasons I'm starting to like Golmud as well. I really really don't like Zavod. Too drat cluttered in the middle. With all those LAV's driving around it's a nightmare for infantry.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
My screen just suddenly turns to black now when I'm playing. Anybody else has this crash? It's new to me. I have to terminate the process in Windows. Good job, Dice.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Is there a way to practice with a friend? You cannot join a friend on a test range, but is there any other way?

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

Ark posted:

Friend request sent, would like to get this done. Origin GT: ProWessler

Fuckin' Megalodons? Some guys theory on a giant hidden easter egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk5fdlbwL34
That's awesome. I hope someone figures it out.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

all apologies posted:

getting really sick of the "disappearing" round when I fire from the tank, dead-shot, perfect aim and it literally goes right through it and no explosion, no hit, no nothing.

Please tell me this happens to others because its causing me to lose battles....
I don't drive around in tanks a lot but I've had this happen A LOT with the m203. The grenade is launched from the tube and I can see it hit someone, but it just doesn't do anything.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

WastedJoker posted:

Isn't there a minimum travel distance before the grenade is "live" though?

No idea about tank shells.
I doubt that's the problem. Those grenaded flew quite a bit and I've hit and killed people up close with the m203 as well. I really think the hit just doesn't register or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
While it's not as bad as it was, I'm still crashing. Mostly the soundloop-crash, even though DICE said it was fixed.

• Locked thread