Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Convergence is my favorite of the series so far, just because of how the scope of the story just widens the hell up.

Also, I'm glad to hear that they're working on a fifth game. I always figured that Deception was the start of a second trilogy, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Geomancing posted:

Please tell me his voice acting while he's doing his lines is 'chewing the scenery' bad. Or 'community college Shakespeare' bad.
"YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, ROSANGELA!"

"No, Frank. It's you. You are the ghost."

And then, Frank was a ghost.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Bacter posted:

So, seeing as this is New York, why don't we see just hundreds and hundreds of ghosts everywhere? Surely there should be at least a couple dozen in view at all times, it being such a big city with a long history!

Incidentally, I'm fine if the answer is "because that would make for a bad game", I just wondered if there was an in-universe explanation.
It's probably for plot expedience. But, the idea of a city just jam-packed with ghosts who never quite caught on sounds amazing.

Imagine the accumulated crazy homeless people ghosts, gathering in ranting, cursing knots at every street intersection.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Cardiovorax posted:

I think I could have barely tolerated Gavin by himself, if not for the revelation that there's a whole organization of Evil Psychic Illuminati Soulsuckers who want to vivisect Rosa.
Yeah, exactly. Up until this point, I always had the feeling that everyone was playing the ghost and medium thing by ear, like nobody knew how everything worked exactly, but still kept doing the best they could. So I could have nodded along if Gavin was just some mystic who stumbled onto the soul-sucking thing by accident, not part of some secret cabal of evil mystics.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?
Obviously, Gavin was of the same school of thought as Boulet: http://english.bouletcorp.com/2012/12/31/why-the-bad-guys/

• Locked thread