Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Not to bring the thread down any further 'cause, yeah, what a great opener...but the one thing I really disliked was Laurel. When she started babbling about how she's going to bring the vigilante down I really wanted to kick her in the shins or something. She's like "He killed Tommy!" and I'm like, how? Like, literally how?? It makes no sense! And didn't she spend most of last season being the Hood's foremost cheerleader?

She's the same type of lawyer now who works against Batman because of the collateral damage caused when Batman fights one of his rogues. It's not that out there of an attitude to have.

Also, the Hood is the only one left to prosecute (Merlyn is dead, Moyra confessed).

I wonder if Ollie is wear an actual mask instead of eye-goop. I wasn't thrilled with Black Canary's so I hope they do something a bit less molded latex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Maybe he should grow some facial hair!

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I just want to point out that we're watching a live-action show where Green Arrow and Black Canary made badass entrances to face off against agents of Ras al Ghul and it wasn't corny or dumb at all. It was awesome.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

King of Solomon posted:

It would be a drat shame if Slade didn't come back later in the modern series as Deathstroke.

They keep showing Wintergreen in the mask during the opening so I'm sure it'll happen sooner rather than later.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Serialization on television is usually bad for ratings.

Unless you make it easily available on Netflix (see: Breaking Bad's ratings).

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

In another news, Amell just posted this on his FB

Hopefully a goatee isn't far :allears:

That's...not bad. Definitely better than the old molded dominos.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

If he wore the Robin Hood cap instead of the hood he would be pretty drat close to the Silver Age look.

It (the hood and mask) is actually right on with his current look.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

It seems so weird that a, by all accounts pretty talented team of writers, would make a character as poor as Laurel and not fix it or anything.

Something has to be up with the planning. Even if they ARE going to make the character more interesting or something (:lol:) that they would have failed so badly in trying to create a tragic character is sad.

Sometimes a writers' room just can't get a handle on a character or come up with the same quality stories.

The TNG writers had a hell of a time coming up with good Troi stories.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIn9IaUUeco

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

JayMax posted:

The only version of Salomon Grundy I knew was from Superfriends.

GRUNDY WANT PANTS TOO!

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Notice the name of the anchor?

Nice.

However, and I meant to bring this up before, I assume she's broadcasting from protests near the accelerator. She's dead now, right? It seriously blew up in a giant explosion. (I'm sure they'll hand wave it all away by clarifying she was not near it but drat)

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Krad posted:

Just make her a full on villain, that'd be more interesting. She could be the dark version of Sara's Canary. A 'Black' Canary, if you will. :smug:

I was just about to suggest this.

If you include her on Ollie's secret but also leak out that he knew about Sara (and that her dad knew too), then you could flip her whole persona. She could leave the show temporarily to go search for Sara, pursue the league of assassins, get training, and come back in a season finale as an evil/rogue canary. That'd be a real threat to Oliver, give some nice new flavor to laurel's character, and provide plenty of drama/ohshit moments for her return and the following season.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Cloks posted:

No mention of the classic boxing glove arrow? I guess it's not quite weird enough, but I'd love to see the show go completely camp for an episode and use all the crazy tools in comic book Ollie's arsenal.

I smell a dream episode!

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

homo punching bag posted:

Will Slade try and recruit Roy now that he's off team Arrow?

Huh? Roy isn't off Team Arrow.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

He's off in the sense that Ollie told him to stay away from Thea which is pretty much gonna drive a wedge between them too.

Perhaps but wouldn't it have been a bigger wedge had Roy decided not to break up with Thea?

His motivation for breaking up is realizing that Ollie is right about his rage. He's actually resisting Ollie's edict at first until he has more rage at the club.

So he's actually listening to Ollie. He may begrudge this fact but it seems like he realizes his plight and has to do something about it.

It may still cause conflict but Roy is definitely still on Team Arrow (for now).

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

First we gotta get a foot in the door with Flash, then we can go nutso with outer space Green Lantern poo poo.

Doesn't have to be crazy space cop shenanigans. We could get Travelling Across America pre-super buddies edition. It'd still be loving awesome.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
The League knows because Moira told them about his existence. Therefore, Nyssa probably knows.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if Amell will replace his salmon ladder with the whole American Ninja Warrior course now that that 100-lb gymnast just destroyed the course last week.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, his traditional story is as the first recruit of the Justice League, not one of its founding members.

And I always assumed DC heroes rose up at the same-ish time. Maybe they'll just keep Gotham and Metropolis over on the east coast where no news ever filters over to the west coast (Starling) and plains (Central) cities.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

e X posted:

That's the first time I hear that.

It had moments but it was so content to stay mediocre that it soured everyone on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Smallville was never good. It was good, however, at stringing viewers/comic fans along with little bits of comic-lore/foreshadowing.

So every season would end up with a neat opener, dreck Villain-of-the-week filler until the mid-season break, sprinkle a bit more hints of cool poo poo to come but not see it through, followed by more VotW filler, and then usually a kickass finale to inspire viewers to come back next season. The whole show was built on blue balls.

Even the later seasons when the new writers came in, it was too late and all the actors had really checked-out from giving a poo poo.

• Locked thread