Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think he's actually going to be the Hood anymore this season.

"One guy has black arrows, one guy has green arrows. This Green Arrow guy..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

OmniBeer posted:

God, I still love that scene so much.

Pumped for the new season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPCLlGyzBgU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Only one person is shirtless in that OP. It's like you didn't even try.

This is true, we need shirtless Paul Blackthorne :swoon:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Senerio posted:

Also add this in because it was the best scene

Is... Is Ollie seriously leaning over to look down Felicity's top there?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Deadpool posted:

Sizzle Reel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp4QSxylq9g

This season is going to be fun!

The last 20 seconds of that has got me wondering, are we getting (comic character spoiler maybe) Black Canary finally?

If that is Laurel in a wig...

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Supposed to be, yeah.

I mean that's not necessarily who it is in the trailer, but that is supposed to be this season.

Man why am I getting so excited about a CW show.

I even kind of like Roy Harper.

What is wrong with me.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

What is the 'tomorrow people' thing he mentioned as airing after Arrow?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Torrannor posted:

Poisoned arrows, to inject sedatives into the body. Has he used poisoned arrows in the past? I don't remember.

He had the magical wifi arrow in like episode 2, I don't see a problem with knockout arrows or taser arrows or an inflating boxing glove arrow. :colbert:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Oh man, that premiere.

Last season Ollie had to learn to be human again. Now he has to learn to be a hero.

That shot of him looking at a green arrow as Diggle asks "So what do you want to be called?" :neckbeard:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

There has apparently been some talk of a pseudo-Birds of Prey episode, which I assume would slot Felicity into Barbara's role from the comic. (Although it ruins the blonde/brunette/redhead gimmick)

I actually watched that entire series, and as bad as it was it had a certain charm. I attribute that totally to the actresses playing Harlene Quinzel and Barbara Gordon. :swoon:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Error 404 posted:

Good looking dudes can still be good looking with a beard? :confused:

Obviously we were talking about Felicity.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Deadpool posted:

I actually like Roy quite a bit and wish he would they would start giving him a bigger part to play in all this. That's really my only complaint with the show. I know it'll be coming sooner rather than later, but I'm ready to go ahead and bring him into the team now.

I like the thing they're doing with Oliver ad Roy. Ollie has the training and experience, but not the passion (he has drive as of the end of 2x01, but he's not doing it because he WANTS to do it, he's doing it because it needs to be done). Roy has the passion, but no training (as evidenced by him getting the poo poo kicked out of himself constantly). I'm not sure if the idea of his introduction to the team is as a sort of catalyst to get Ollie to move past 'needs to be done' and 'wants to do' is a good thing, though, but I suspect that's where they're headed.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Do we known if Malcolm is really dead? I don't remember him being mentioned in this last episode (Other than "My mom didn't kill those people, Malcolm Merlyn did"), did I miss a gravestone or something?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

Nah, he's totally dead. Ollie stabbed him through the heart.

I need to go back and rewatch the finale then. It looked like Ollie ended up stabbing Malcolm in roughly the same place (through the shoulder) since Malcolm was right up behind him.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to force myself to rewatch Arrow to get another look. :neckbeard:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

:tviv:

The whole first scene with Ollie-as-Hood and Laurel in her office I was waiting for him to drop his hood and let her in (because this show is insane like that) but NOPE.

Then we get a second scene like this, and I'm like "Yup, we're going there".

NOPE. What the gently caress, Laurel?

Also, what the HELL is up with mutant skull japanese skeletons on the island? :iiam:

:suspense:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

XboxPants posted:

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a massive tone down of his speed. Even if he was just fast enough to dodge a bullet, it'd be enough to make for a very interesting character & story. Hell, even if he was just, like, five or ten times as fast as a normal dude it'd be enough, really - you don't need to be able to dodge bullets if you can just move out of the way as soon as they point a gun at you.

I wonder if they'll play up the metabolism angle like I vaguely remember them doing in the 90s show. Flash was always eating something, if he wasn't eating he was hungry.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Patrovsky posted:

It always weirds me out when I see actors playing adult characters that are younger than I am. Emily Bett Rickards was born in 1991.

I guess this makes me a dirty old man :quagmire:

(I have 11 years on her what the gently caress)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Deakul posted:

drat, always had an interest in checking out the show just because it has a live action Harley Quinn.

The show is pretty bad (in a campy way) but the actress ho plays Harlene Quinzel really sells what she gets as far as writing goes. It's only 13 episodes, I'd give it a try.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Holy gently caress this show. :suspense:

I can't believe we're actually getting a comic book show that is not only honestly rad as gently caress, but the plot moves at loving Nikita levels of hyperspeed.

I want more Zelenka. And I want to know what that green poo poo was (IIRC Vertigo was more yellowish). And holy gently caress EVERYTHING connected to Canary.

e: Random speculation - when Ollie confronts her about her coming back, she cites the earthquake, but then OLLIE makes the jump to her protecting her family. She never confirms it. What if Blood is working for Ras or something and she's really there now to prevent the League of Shadows from coming in and taking over Starling or something similar? :aaa:

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 1, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

zoux posted:

The scary pirate captain asked Ollie if he noticed if the skeletons he found were malformed in some way, I wonder if that is somehow related to the serum that Bro Blood is using?

Also, it might just be me but IMO Amell is amazing in this show. He manages to pull off 'emotionally dead inside survivor scared to begin living again' in one scene and as soon as it goes to the island he's instantly 'spoiled rich kid trying to hide behind tough facade'.

And that was just back in the first season. The scene in this last episode where he's trying to keep information from the captain but the captain is just "This is the right island :smug:" is just amazing.

And just look at him when he's talking to Canary in the hospital. :unsmith:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

ufarn posted:

I think they're burning up Slade

:haw:

Notable lack of Slade in the last episode, paired with him being on fire last one. I wonder if we're getting a heel face turn.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

e X posted:

Also, will the backdoor pilot for the Flash actually feature the Flash, or just Barry Allen?

Watch them fit in Captain Cold somehow.

I would have said Gorilla Grodd but he's a bit out there for Arrow unless they just made him a huge dude with 'Gorilla' as a nickname I guess.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I'm a little behind in the thread, but the only way I can see that Hourman show working is if it was something like the adaptation of Steven King's Dead Zone show that ran for a while with Anthony Michael Hall. More of a suspense/drama thing as he tries to figure out how to change the future to fix things each episode, instead of an all-out superhero action type thing.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

VBane posted:

I love it so much that her base is out of a Clocktower.

For those unfamiliar, the Gotham Clocktower for awhile served as the base of operations of Black Canary, Batgirl/Oracle and The Huntress when they were the Birds of Prey.

...a sad little part of me wants "All The Things She Said" to start playing during the inevitable fight scene there.

For how utterly bad that show was, that final fight scene was pretty drat awesome.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kda9_RDHwM4

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 7, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Deakul posted:

Yikes, that's Power Rangers levels of cheese.
I think I'll pass on ever checking that out.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. But that's what we had as far as superhero shows went back then. That and the Lou Ferrigno Hulk and the Flash show in the 90s...

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Deadpool posted:

This is what we will now call pulling an Anti-Welling.

I parsed this as Peter Welling and was about to come in here defending Robocop.

Then I realized you were probably talking about Smallville and Tom Welling can go gently caress himself.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Haha holy poo poo, Paul Blackthorne knocks it out of the loving park in this last episode. "I wish I could tell you." :unsmith:

Dude is seriously underappreciated. Think I might rewatch the Dresden Files for more Blackthorne.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Error 404 posted:

As a complete fan of the books and owner of the show on dvd, blackthorne was the only good part of that show. I was really glad he got cast for Arrow.

Show Bob was pretty good too, even if he was nothing like the 'real' Bob.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Hollismason posted:

I was just listing current villians, so yeah I guess Count Vertigo as well. I'm sure he'll make a reappearance at some point.

Didn't they make a point of having Ollie go see him for something related to Vertigo, just to show that he's completely zone out from overdose now? I don't think he's coming back.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

My dilemma with Sara as Black Canary is that I don't like anything about her backstory. The assassin thing, who she was before the accident, and her motivations. Ollie was a douche, but she was worse. That was her sister's boyfriend.

She's kind of a bad person, and also another Ollie when she should be a contrast to him.

I'm not sure I agree. I think she serves as a very good contrast to Ollie. Ollie ends up on the island where he is basically taken in by that asian guy I can't remember the name of right now, Slade and Shado. It's not a picnic for him by any means but at least he has a couple people who are on his side. Sara, on the other hand, is picked up, thrown into a cell, and it's heavily implied she was about to become the ship's toy until Ivo stopped it. Sara didn't get any support, and I think that we'll find out that while Ollie's experience on the island was tempered by having Slade and Shado around, Sara had none of that and had to turn to more extreme choices to survive.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Canary gets shot. Ollie runs over to her. Takes off the mask and wig, and it's Laurel!

"I found the costume. Just... wanted to... help..." Dies.

Nah, this show isn't that dumb.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

e X posted:

They already burned half his face and he is on the Amazo, so maybe Ivo even give him his comic style enhanced healing factor by experimenting a little on him.

Slade goes nuts on the Amazo, slices up Sara. Ollie mercy kills her, then Ras dips her in a lazarus pit. It's just like a comic plot guys!

(Am I imagining a line earlier in the show that implies to the viewer that Ollie didn't just think Sara was dead, but that he knew it because he killed her? Or was that just speculation in here?)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

MrFlibble posted:

(this latest episode she says it wouldn't be her first funeral)

That line was pretty ambiguous. It doesn't necessarily mean she literally died, just that everyone thought she was dead.

You've got a point with the thing about Ollie being sure they'd never forgive him; I wonder if the big secret Moira was willing to spend life in prison to hide was supposed to be a similar thing.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rarity posted:

Do people who have rewatched the early episodes think that Amell needed to grow into the role or that his stiffness was an acting choice?

I haven't gone back to watch the first season but I always took it as a deliberate acting thing - season 1 Ollie, although we're just seeing it now, was worn down to where he was barely 'human'. He basically had to learn how to engage with his family and society in general all over again. His acting was wooden because he was trying to convince everyone he was just an everyday joe but he basically no longer knew/remembered how to be anything but a survivor.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Spergatory posted:

So it sounds like the Flash's powers will be almost as dangerous to him as they are to his enemies, at least in the beginning. I like the sound of that. One, it means we are definitely not getting near-omnipotent!Flash any time soon. And two, it's not really something I've seen before. Movies and shows like this rarely explore the potential downsides of superpowers. It's all fun and games until you accidentally start a housefire with laser-vision. :supaburn:

In the Flash show from the 90s I remember he was constantly eating because of his crazy metabolism (which I guess is a departure from comics? I don't think you're burning carbs with the Speed Force) and IIRC there was an episode or two where his powers were hosed up and causing him issues. I also distinctly remember them showing that he was fast enough to catch a bullet out of the air but it hosed up his hand/palm doing it, and I thought that was a nice touch.

That suit, though. Oh god, the injection-molded muscles... :stonk:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

^^^: This is better than mine.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Doesn't Ollie has those magic Yao-Fe cure any poison herbs? Why bring in Barry?

He pulled out a little pouch of it once (was it for the Vertigo when he was trying to come up with an antidote?), but that may have been all he had left or something? :shrug:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Habibi posted:

I could have sworn B Diddy had used those herbs on Oliver once for some reason. Am I misremembering?

Also a curare bullet from Deadshot, right?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Edward James Olmos.

As Lex Luthor?

I still say Idris Elba would make the best Lex. :colbert:

Also holy poo poo I hope they don't try to tie Arrow into the 'DC Movie Universe' or whatever. I think the Flash stuff could work but I rewatched Man of Steel the other day and no loving way did that happen in the same universe as Arrow and people are still going 'what, a dude breaking down a steel door, no way'

I mean I liked MoS and I liked how someone managed to make a Superman movie out of an alien invasion/disaster flick, but it's way, way too tonally off to work with Arrow.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Thwomp posted:

I was just about to suggest this.

If you include her on Ollie's secret but also leak out that he knew about Sara (and that her dad knew too), then you could flip her whole persona. She could leave the show temporarily to go search for Sara, pursue the league of assassins, get training, and come back in a season finale as an evil/rogue canary. That'd be a real threat to Oliver, give some nice new flavor to laurel's character, and provide plenty of drama/ohshit moments for her return and the following season.

Actually it seems to me they're using Mirclo (Mirakulu? whatever) to sidestep the issue of people needing years of training to fight on Ollie's level. Just skip all that and dose Roy up, viola instant sidekick/partner/possible roid raging monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Warmachine posted:

I don't see this working with Laurel without it essentially mutating her (further) into Lana 2.0.

The posting in this thread when Slade sticks Felicity full of Miraclo is going to be amazing. :allears:

• Locked thread