Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Deadpool and Skreet - Asgard
Team d10, 1pp, 11xp
Stress: P0 M0 S0

Deadpool continues stuffing his face with the methodical precision of a machine. Being literally unkillable takes a hell of a lot of calories.

Skreet however is following the exchange between Ronan and Tana with interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
The Mighty THOR: Odin's Throne Room
Team d8, 23 xp, Condition Ok

"Father, thine generosity is, as befitting thine nature, a thing of legend." Thor nods, thankful that at least the first request was granted. But the second request was greater still, more pressing, and so far, the Allfather was unwilling. "Yet, I cannot see thine wisdom in thy caution." The Odinson frowns, unlooping Mjolnir. "If it is as you said, father, and another guides the wrath of Annihilus, would it not be best to strike again now, when they still reel from a defeat - before the plots of the unseen ones can compensate for it? If Loki finds himself at odds once more with Asgard, would it be not wise to question why now he would seek to stir up the jotun? When he finds himself in an ill mood, mine brother doth often seek to spite mine efforts. I wouldst be not surprised were he seeking to stymie Asgard's might from being used against the Annihilation Wave."

Thor twirls his hammer above his head, concentrating as another series of images overlay across those that Amadeus had shown - shaped out of lightning and with voices of thunder, Thor shows the remains of the battlefield above Nycos Astredies. "We have here the might to track Annihilus' movements, and those of his remaining fleet, and discover his next aim. We need not let ourselves embark upon another quest lacking insight."

He lets Mjolnir rest, though the image of their earlier victory still hung overhead. "As to the jotun, and perhaps of mine brother, I would ask this: allow me the use of thine fleets, father, and before we depart, I shall see to it that my Avengers will end yon threat, personally. Therefore, thou shouldst have no worry in allowing me this."

Ok, let's try and show Dad he's got nothing to fear since his super cool son is totally here to help. Team d8, Righteous Warrior d8, Enhanced Senses d8, Expert Sorcery d8 (for that super cool weather window trick), and Psych Expert 2d6. Equals me a 15 with a d6 effect and 1 opportunity though I forgot to roll Odin's stress which was only a 2 but brings the total to a 15 with a d12. If you buy my opportunity, I'll boost my total to a 19 with a d12 by spending the PP I gain. Adding to the stress Amadeus inflicted before.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Galacta, Hungry in Asgard

"For a people so advanced, you certainly are..." Gali searches for the most politic word. Primitive? Simple? "... rustic."

As she sees the bubble-headed figure, she speaks up with, "What, that's it, I was led to believe that this would be a megalithic calorie-" Gali starts, and then narrows her eyes. "Bubble-headed. In a cape. With eyes on the chest." She looks to Sif in realization. "- oh! The so called 'supervillain', wearing his garish and hideous garb as a metaphor for this stand against the status quo!"

She pouts as she folds her arms. "Not worth consuming.", she mumbles, though her finds that sort of pickiness being worn away was she dreams of giants bearing large, cartoonish bite marks.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Amadeus Cho: Odin's Throneroom
PP:2
XP: 15

"My lord, Annihilus' goal is naught but the eradication or enslavement of all that resides within our very Universe itself. For his motives you need look no further than his own words. '...Molecule by molecule.'" Taking the composite footage he'd gathered of the fight aboard the Annihilator's bridge, Amadeus played the clip of Annihilus as he declared his plans for the Universe set to maximum crazy bugman. "As to where we may strike, that is a matter on which we would hope for your wise counsel."

"A simple plan would be to cut the head off the serpent ere he could encircle us and strike. Slay Annihilus himself and his armies shall fall into disarray, close the Crunch (a gargantuan task beyond the means of mortal men alone) and they'll no longer be reinforced by an endless supply of troops from the Negative Zone. Afterwards we may force them to the negotiating table or defeat them piecemeal, as the average Arthrosian lifespan is somewhere to the order of a mere handful of years as opposed to the dozens or hundreds of the other mortal races currently locked in conflict against them. It may play into the hands of another's plans, but who's to say that inaction wouldn't do the same?"

Video or audio clips can be a helpful part of a business presentation. With the proper application of video editing technology, thematically appropriate and succinct clips can help to convey complex information and most importantly set the tone of a presentation. Anyway I'll roll to defend my dissertation on why snitches dimensional bugmen get stitches.

Buddy d10=8, Hyper focused d8= 2, Superhuman senses d10=9, Tech Master d10=3, Godlike Stamina d12=1, Odin's E-stress d12=1 8+9= 17 d10 effect defends, with TWO opportunities for you if you're buying. :bang:

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 31, 2014

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Team d8, No Stress, 1 PP, 8(9?) XP

After sealing his suit to prevent himself dieing from exposure, Mysterio just blankly stares at his surroundings. "Why am I here?" Was it a prank by Thor? No, the Avenger would have been here as well, to gloat in Mysterio's face or threaten him or something. Did the rest of the Thor Family discover Mysterio's past villainy? These and a hundred other questions race through his mind before he hears another person's voice. A voice that is making fun of his outfit.

Wheeling around towards the two other people in the snowy wasteland, "Who are you calling 'garish'?! Wait, are you...are you wearing sweatpants with that ridiculous purple helmet? And you're complaining about my outfit?" Seriously, was that hat a personal generator or something? Actually, there was something kinda familiar about it, but Beck pushes the thought out of his mind and tries (feebly, he was still kinda cold and hungry) to make himself look as imposing as possible. "Anyways, I take it you two teleported me here? Well, this is your last chance to send me back! For I am the Supreme Sorcerer Mysterio! Escaper of the Kyln, the destroyer of the Invasion Fleet at Nycos Aristedes, and the bane of...of the insect queen, what's-her-name. Anyways, just send me back already!"

Still not sure if we rescued a planet from the Annihilus wave technically, but if we haven't, then I'll take 1 xp from (Space) Quest for Glory (when you introduce yourself in the most over-the-top manner possible).

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

30 xp, 1 pp

Gali frowns. She doesn't have her hat on? But then, there is the ever-so-subjective quality of her appearance, though not as full-on as dad's. A frown, and she reveals her armor once again in a purple flash of light. Not that it ever really was off, but she can usually adjust other's perception of her pretty well. Less so with this 'Mysterio', it would seem.

"My helmet isn't 'ridiculous', it is stylin', and you wish you had a had one, you do. Have you seen Eternity? The universe appreciates a good headpiece.", Gali says, clearly offended. "I'm just here to nom on some giants, and you don't want to be between me and my egregious case of the 'munchies cosmic'. If you want, I'm sure we can drag you back... after." She starts to walk on.
"Little frosted flake thinks he can insult my hat."

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Ronan the Accuser
Team(?) D6, 1 PP, 5 XP

Ronan's wintry glare does not break in the slightest as he responds. "No, I would not," he says. "I am Accuser of the Kree. I do not act as a criminal; I hunt them. Even when I am exiled, even when I am stripped of rank and honor, still I pursue justice and fight for the honor of my people without cease."

His grip on the Universal Weapon lightens as he straps it back onto side. "But the Kree are mighty, and I have both a vision of what should be and the strength and will to see it done whatever the cost. You and your people, I think, may be lacking in such... gifts." Ronan's face becomes thoughtful as he mulls over an idea. "There are many planets and in this galaxy at war, new alliances and treaties of protection will be necessary. Return to Hala and tell the truth, and in return, *I* will secure your safety and find a safe place for your people."

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Better late than never, right?

Giant-Slaying
Gali marches off through the snow, trailing Sif and Mysterio behind her as she goes.

"A sorcerer, is it?" Sif greets Mysterio, still not entirely trusting. "And... well, I understand little of friend Gali's speech but what I do follow seems to indicate great power." She pulls a face. "I fear I may have attracted companions too potent for me to salvage much glory."

It is a short - as the crow flies - trip across the uneven landscape before the trio tops a ridge and finds themselves looking across a steep-sided valley to a colossal stone fortress carved out of the opposite rock face. Between flurries of snow blowing down the valley, blue-skinned frost giants can be seen standing guard on the walls with spears and shields.

"I was going to sneak in," Sif says. She retrieves an arrow with a thin cord attached from her collection of weapons. "Shoot this across the valley and slide in between snowclouds."

She shrugs.

"It couldst still work, but if either of thee hast different plans...?"

Odin
I'll buy Thor's opportunity and both of Amadeus', for 1 and 2 PP respectively.

"I counsel caution because too few Asgardians think before acting," Odin says with a sigh. "I fear at times that thy generation hast grown too used to my guidance keeping things to an even keel."

He waves away the concern.

"But that is another matter. Amadeus Cho, thou art right in thine assessment that inaction may be as grave a folly as action, and with that in mind we shouldst act - but we must remain flexible, lest we commit ourselves to some undiscovered feint."

"My son." He turns to Thor with a serious expression. "I accept thine offer and grant thee thine boon: the fleets of Asgard shall be thine to command, once thou hast divined the purpose behind the giants' recent unrest." He smirks, briefly. "And mayhap given them a bloody nose, as is thine wont."

"There is one condition, however: I ask that thou listen to wisdom when laying thy battle plans. Thy prowess in single combat may not translate directly to the larger battlefield."

He nods.

"Such is my decision. Take thy Avengers to Jotunheim, and when thou return I will counsel thee on where the Wave is vulnerable."

Thor's argument succeeds without needing to spend the PP, just. So you win, and Odin is convinced.

Feasting
Tana looks sceptical. "You would provide my people with a planet? The kree empire has planets to spare. You have... what? A tiny tiny spaceship and a bottomless supply of Earth pastries."

She sighs.

"Here's how I see it playing out: I return to Hala with you. We get killed. Assuming we don't get killed, I retract my testimony. Fiyero has me killed, and their fleet 'reclaims' New Rigel by bombing it to glass. Can you protect us from any of that?"

She thinks for a moment.

"Would you, once you've got your title back? You're not known for putting the needs of non-kree above those of your own people."

--

Meanwhile on the opposite side of Tana a pair of Asgardian warriors - a man and a woman - seat themselves next to Banner.

"Settle an argument for us," the man says, gesturing with his thumb to a table of similar bravos near the hall's sole window. "I have bet mine companions that thou must possess some inner strength, to keep the company of warriors such as these." He nods at Ronan and Deadpool. "They believe otherwise and that thou servest more as a servant or mascot, like yon fairy." He indicates Skreet, who gives him the finger.

"I'm not a fighter," Bruce says. He offers a watery smile. "I'm just a scientist."

"Thou werest seen in the company of Thor," the woman puts in. "And he dost not tarry with weaklings. Show us thine power."

"I don't have--"

The man pokes Bruce in the shoulder, hard enough to rock him sideways.

"Come on, 'scientist'! What's a little boasting between friends?"

"It's not--"

"I have gold riding on this!" The man pokes Bruce again, obviously trying to provoke him. "Surely you can do something."

Doom: 4d10 + 2d12

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Team d8, 23 xp, 1 PP, Condition Ok

Thor bows his head. "Thy will be done, father." He intones, solemnly though he can barely stop the smile from crossing his face for a moment. He keeps his head inclined as he turns back to his compatriots. He offers Amadeus a Midgardian gesture discretely - the Thumb of Upping!

"Come friends, let us gather our allies and make for Jotunheim, we should tarry not in carrying out the Allfather's edict!" No longer necessary, Thor allows the lightning-based imagery to fade with a crackle of thunder, and leads Amadeus, S'bak, and Korath out of Odin's Throne Room.

"Tis a good omen, friends!" He says once out of his father's earshot. "A well-deserved battle awaits us, and then we shall take the fight to Annihilus and his thralls directly - borne upon the back of Asgard's mighty fleet! Imagine the glory that awaits us in coming days!"

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

"Jotunheim. Right. Much battle awaits."

Raising a thumbed fist in return Amadeus followed behind the Asgardian, waiting until they were well clear of the Allfather's throne room before letting the import of what they'd just done fully set in. He'd just sold a brilliant plan to Odin. The guy who was (if Norse mythology was to be believed) solely responsible for the creation of Mankind, and by the look of him the original inspiration for the word 'grizzled'. Granted, now also clear of the imposing presence of the Allfather's probably magical super angry eye and given the freedom to peruse the Worldmind's historical records it was clear that Odin was merely one in a panoply of similar collective unconscious-generated, chicken-before-the-egg, extra-dimensional beings with connections to n-space. But still, it had been the most harrowing Powerpoint presentation of his life to date.

He read up on Asgardian history, the structure of the nine worlds, and Jotunheim/Frost Giants as they walked.

"You know Thor I've kind of been wondering. How do you want to deal with Loki anyway? It's clear that you guys have a complicated relationship and he's basically betrayed you at every reasonable opportunity but to a certain extent the social dynamics of Asgardian society kind of leave him with little else to do. He's your brother and you love him right? Are we going to warp in there, beat him up, and then pin him beneath a rock beneath a snake with a magic ribbon afterwards?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Thor weighs his options. "That shall depend, young Master Cho, on the cast of mine brother's temperament. He is a villain and knave, true, but he is yet capable of goodness. Sadly, the only truth of Loki is that he shall take whatever action is best to his benefit. Therefore, 'twould behoove us to best determine what that would be. Why doth he unsettle jotunheim? Simple vengeance is never his aim - undoubtedly the rousing of the jotun is but a feint for another motive. Be he in association with Annihilus? 'Tis doubtful, but not impossible - sadly we will not know the truth of the trickster's aims 'efore we have begun the task of undoing them - but we must be ever alert of any opportunity to uncover it." The Odinson sighs - dealing with Loki was never easy, and in this case there wasn't a lot of time to get it right, given that Odin's support was contingent on Jotunheim's capitulation.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

"Sounds like a plan. In that case assuming the situation allows for it, you're ok if we try to negotiate with Loki and the Jotun? Based on the track record so far we'll probably have to knock them down a few pegs first before anyone is willing to talk but putting the option on the table first hardly does us any dishonor."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Tis...unlikely that the Jotun will be willing to listen to reason - but thine methods have surprised me more than once. Very well, I shall allow thee the opportunity, assuming that the giants allow the same, of course."

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 31, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Deadpool and Skreet - Asgard
Team d10, 1pp, 11xp
Stress: P0 M0 S0

Deadpool looks up from his plates, downs a mug of ale in one go, burps, and regards the big asgardian rear end in a top hat.
"Hey, chuckles, I love a good nerd-swirlie as much as the next guy, but oh boy are you barking off more than you can chew...or is it biting up the wrong tree?..."

During this entire exchange, Skreet has been uncharacteristically quiet, with a small smile on her face, as if she knew a secret that no one else did. Her eyes flash with interest as Wade finally enters the fray.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Ronan the Loquacious
Team(?) D6, 1 PP, 5 XP

Ronan starts to answer, but then pauses before speaking again. His face thoughtful, he says, "My people are everything to me as they surely are to you. But I have seen this enemy upclose now. This is not sparring with Skrulls or stealing planets from the Shi'ar. With my own eyes I saw Annihilus's ships consume a planet, as if Galactus himself. And his hunger for the Power Cosmic is insatiable."

He shakes his head. "There will be no Kree, and no Rigellians, unless every civilization capable of fighting the Arthrosians unite. And now Hala is governed by appeasers, who think that for some reason Annihilus will spare them alone of all the cosmos if they give up what he wants now." Pointing a finger at Tana, he continues, "Do you think New Rigellia will be off the table when he threatens Hala's rulers? Do you think Fiyero honors any bargain longer than is convenient?"

Ronan crosses his arms. "My world will die if I do not regain my post and convince my empire to fight. And your world will die with us. But I cannot save them or myself without you, and so I must save you from Fiyero, and your people from Hala's grip. For the love of my people and the salvation of the galaxy, I would keep my promise to you and your people."

With a humorless grin, he adds, "Or if it is easier, know I would keep my promise out of hate. For Fiyero, for the quislings of Hala, for the chaos all this cowardice and double-dealing has caused. For the planets I have seen destroyed." His face softens. "I have saved Skrulls from death, so terrible is this thing Annihilus does. I won't pretend that Kree matter more to me than anyone else, but I can't pretend other races don't matter. Not anymore."

He lets that sink before finishing. "As for my ship, true. It is small. But I do not fly alone. And though it was hard, together with Thor, Mysterio, and several others we destroyed one of Annihilus's queens and even beat him back. Now we are stronger! Asgard will join us. We will find other allies. Hala meanwhile draws deeper into itself. You must think about the current trajectory of power, not the status quo, if you truly value your people's future."

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Team d8, No Stress, 1 PP, 9 XP

Mysterio mutters to himself while the three of them trek up to the ridge, still annoyed that no one has told him what was going on. He stops abruptly when he sees what appear to be freakin' giants on the ridge across from them. And apparently their plan pass the giant sentries was to fire a rope arrow. While Mysterio still had no idea why they'd even want to sneak past some blue giants, it has become painfully obvious that his companions would be doomed without his help.

"I can fly, actually. And rather than hope the giants, who seem to live here, are distracted by the snow flurries they've grown up with, why don't I give them a little show?" A small drone pops out of Mysterio's armored glove and silently flies into the snowstorm, and then there are bright lights dancing through the snow as the drone turns into a flying disco ball, complete with music. Even Supreme Sorcerers get bored sometimes.

Using a holo-drone to try to create a "Disco Distraction" complication on the sentries.
Total is 17, Effect is a d8. I completely forgot to include the d6 from Convincing Illusions, but if you want me to roll a d6, then that d8 effect die is stepped up to a d10.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Amadeus Cho: Odin's Throneroom Longhouse/Supergod Hall thing

"The chance is all I ask. I'll wait for the right moment and act accordingly, I promise." Amadeus followed along as the party continued its long and stately exit from Odin's hall. By foot. Seriously, with all these ridiculously long hallways it was a wonder that the Asgardians hadn't invented segways yet or went for the low-tech compromise of letting their horses and riding goats indoors. "So what do we actually know about the Jotun, why they're unsettled, and what Loki's up to right now? Can Heimdall use his supervision to tell us? We probably shouldn't just warp in there and start hitting people until something happens."

Obvs. not going to lead with a diplo-bombardment of Jotun Central, but before we fly in what's the intel look like? Somebody must know something or have an infodump for us, unless the actual extent of Asgard's spy service is Heimdall hanging around at his bridge and grunting quietly to himself, 'Looks like trouble.'

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

30 xp, 1 pp

"Sneak?", Galacta says, puzzled. "I was just thinking of moving in and destroying them utterly. But I guess the snowclouds distraction thing might help... distract them... and then I can move in... and destroy them utterly.", she says slowly, as if trying to work her original plan just right back into things. "I'm not really into... sneaking. I'm more into bathing them in annihilating but pleasingly purple light."

She looks to Sif, her eyes questioning as she falls quiet. The Asgardian is, of course, their guide. But at the same time, there's that desperation growing in her eyes. It's clear she's probably not the best to consider for a plan that requires patience.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Odin's Huge House
As if in response to Amadeus' queries, a large raven flutters down from the rafters and alights on his Nova-issued shoulder pad.

"My name is Huginn," it says, its voice high-pitched and grating. "Between my brother and myself, we see all that transpires in the Nine Worlds."

Huginn squawks.

"In answer to your questions: the jotun are large blue humanoids who feel no cold and bear a grudge against the men and women of Asgard and Vanaheim due to certain events from near the beginning of time."

o O (An origin couched in metaphor.) the Worldmind adds in the privacy of Amadeus' head, sounding a little snooty about relative mythology.

"They have tried often to conquer Asgard," Huginn continues, "or destroy it, either by themselves or in league with a variety of other agents. Frost giants are a fractious lot with no fewer than one-hundred and twenty-seven kings and queens known to us at the present time, but occasionally a charismatic leader will emerge and unite enough clans to cause us trouble. We believe this to be the present case. Sif is investigating."

Huginn's tone makes it clear what he thinks of that idea.

"Loki's whereabouts are currently unknown, as he has been banished from Asgard yet again for trying to persuade the United States to declare war on us. He oft schemes to regain his throne, and it is highly likely that he has rebounded from his previous scheme on to this one. Indeed, it would take a personage of his power and presence to unite as many as we have seen."

Giant-Hunting
Mysterio's tiny drone swoops out over the chasm, lights flashing and playing the hits of the 70s at a respectable volume. On the walls of the fortress the alarm is raised, and all giant eyes are tracking the strange vision through the snow.

Sif looks from Mysterio to Galacta and back again.

"Well I for one am going to continue with my original plan." With a smooth economy of motion she readies her bow and sends the rope arrow slicing across the chasm, where it lodges solidly in the other side. She deftly ties the other end to a colossal boulder nearby. "I thou wishest to assault the fortress in a more direct manner... well, it will be worthy of song whether you succeed or die. Good hunting!"

And with that, she loops a strip of fabric over the cord from her arrow and steps out into the chasm, ziplining across while the giants are distracted.

Giants resist with Team 5d10, Loyal To Their Lord 1d4: they get 17 with a d10, which means that including Mysterio's SFX the Disco Distraction takes hold at d8 (I think).

Gali to go next, then the giants will do... something.

Feasting
Tana mulls over Ronan's words.

"You make a lot of sense," she says at last. "How about this? I'll go with you to Hala. Testify. Say whatever you like. But before I do that - before they even know we're there - I want to make sure Fiyero can't talk to their fleet. Just a quick side trip to hit one of their communication relays, add some extra code to it, and then on to Hala."

"It makes sense for you as well - otherwise you might be in the middle of your big speech and 'zap' they fry you from orbit."

--

"Aha!" the male warrior points at Deadpool. "Thy threats tell me that I have gambled true! This meek man must hold great power indeed."

He turns to Banner and pulls a huge skinning knife from his belt.

"Defend thyself! I mind not a few bruises in the pursuit of gold!"

The man lunges. It's not even a serious lunge, just a testing strike intended to be easily warded off by a trained warrior. Banner is no warrior - but someone else is.

The transformation is explosive, heaving the table up and away and scattering food and clothing everywhere. The luckless warrior rebounds off the ceiling as the Hulk swats him away one-handed.

"YOU LAUGH AT HULK!" Hulk accuses. "YOU TRY HURT HULK! NOW HULK TRY HURT YOU!"

The Asgardians, shocked for a moment, comport themselves as true Asgardians ought - they draw weapons and yell war cries and promises of vengeance for their fallen friend.

"poo poo!" squeaks Tana, scrambling to her feet. "Run!"

Hey, with 2d12 in the Doom Pool I can jump straight to Rampaging Hulk! Basically, he uses the Doom Pool as his affiliation: you target him like he was a large-scale threat, and removing his affiliation dice also lowers the Doom Pool. When the pool shrinks to 2 or fewer dice he un-transforms.

Action Scene Go! Participants are Deadpool, Skreet, Ronan, Hulk, Tana, and Asgardian Warriors (a mob). I believe DP has the fastest reactions, so he and Skreet can go first.

(For the sake of simplicity, 'helpers' like Skreet and the off-screen Kree Sentry go at the same time as their controllers.)

Doom: 1d6 + 4d10 + 2d12

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Mighty THOR: Casa de Odin

Thor nods as Huginn lands on Amadeus' shoulder, then sighs at the news. "Sif...though I am hardly an example of subtlety, Lady Sif doth also lack a finer touch in ways of war." The Thunder God shakes his head. "Undoubtedly she shall require aid in her endeavor. We should make haste."

Inclining his head again towards the raven, Thor speaks again after a moment. "Huginn, dost thou see where the rest of mine companions are? Be they still within the festhall?"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Deadpool and Skreet - Asgard - Hulk's chew toy
Team d10, 2pp, 11xp
Stress: P0 Md4 S0

Too quick for me to stop him, the big asgardian doofus pulls his pigsticker, and suddenly it's-

Little Yellow Box posted:

We're on a hiiiiiighwaaaaay to hell!
As we're flung through the air, riding the wave of Hulk-propelled foodstuffs, I have just enough time to look over at Skreet, take note of her grin, and roll my eyes. "Aw, Crap!"

I hit the nearest wall with bone shattering force, which wasn't too bad as bone shattering forces I've experienced have been. At least my gear and poo poo landed next to me.

I gather up, and regain my feet amidst the crackling 'rice krispies in milk' sound of my bones re-forming.

I march resolutely back into the fray. The bleeding-heart routine's been working for me recently, let's try that...

"Look, Bruce! C'mon dude, this guy's not worth it, I'll smash him for ya if it'd make you feel better, but you're gonna hurt a lot of people if you don-"

I take a fist the size of a beachball to the gut. I am flung backward, again. Every bone connected to every bone connected to my ribcage is instantly powdered, again. I can't help it, I start giggling, pain isn't even a thing anymore.

"Ow. Tee hee."

Not to be brushed off so lightly, I once more stand up, reorganize my skeletal system, and march over to the rampaging green disaster.

"BRUCE! YOU NEED TO STOP THIS, THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO SMASH...LATER!"

ACTION ROLL:
Limit: Unstable. Step up mental stress +1 PP.
Spend 1 pp: push
Team d6, Merc with a mouth d4(+1pp), Push d6
Deadpool Reason with Hulk!

7 (d4 effect)
welp...

Tagging Ronan, Skreet's sitting this one out...for now.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 5, 2014

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Amadeus Cho: Odin's Throneroom Longhouse/Supergod Hall thing

"So... I kind of assumed that this was an unusual or really big deal but the way you're describing it to me the Jotun being unsettled and possibly going on a rampage means it's basically only a Tuesday. What about Loki? Can either of you guys tell me where Loki is and what he's doing right now?"

Reaching up with one hand to scratch around the raven's head, he pointed with his free hand across the glowing data points and historical records still unzipping from the Worldmind's archives. Bloodlines, political associations, and secondhand projections of historical battles flickered into existence and scrolled along as he pointed and asked the bird for corrections or additions.

"It looks like the Jotun have basically the same cultural values as Asgardians, but value being blue skinned and super huge on top of everything else. What about other charismatic leaders among them? Do any of them have ties or interests in Midgard? But yeah Thor's right, leading with a strong foot would probably be best. If Sif or anybody else is already out there we should definitely pack it up and take this on the fly."

Thor's got a good idea, check up on the gang and travel in force to meet the giants before anything goes terribad. Aside from Loki are there any clever Jotun or moderates Thought and Wisdom might know about? Or ones with ties to Earth? In other news, lololol at that roll.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

30 xp, 1 pp

"Well, you two go ahead, I'll... distract the guards. By eating them.", Galacta says in her typically dry tones over to Sif. Floating up, she folds her arms, focusing on unfolding a series of plasma projectors to hover over her shoulders. She's senses with the power cosmic that they might be allergic to heat... well, actually, she's guessing. But it's a pretty easy guess!

As she floats up, she flares with light, clearly not hiding anymore. "Hello, warriors of Jotunheim! I would like to hear if you have any ethical arguments as to why you should not be my lunch cosmic! If not, just raise your axes and charge at me or some similar half-sapient response, that too is acceptable to Gali, gourmand of the spaceways."

If Mysterio is still about, she's leaving him to fend for himself, apparently.

Trying to build a "plasma projectors" asset, and getting a 15 with a d12 effect and 1 opportunity.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ronan the Not-A-Religious-Fanatic
Team D6, 1 PP, 5 XP

Ronan nods at Tana's words. "Neutralizing Fiyero is a sound plan. As soon as Korath brings me word of Asgard's alliance to our fleet, then we can---is that a Hulk drinking at our table?"

The answer, of course, is no: the Hulk is destroying the table and about to do the same to several Asgardians as well. He rushes in behind Deadpool, universal weapon at the ready.

"When will you learn, Spider-Man, when to use weapons instead of words?" he shouts at Deadpool as he prepares a mighty swing against the enraged emerald barroom brawler.

OOC: I'm guessing my sentry is chilling back at my ship, guarding it and syncing its MP3s with the ship's computer and stuff.

D6 Team + D4 Wandering Exile + D12 Godlike Strength + D10 Weapon + D8 Combat Expert = 14 with D10 effect

Two opportunities, though for once I'm almost hoping you don't buy them! Tagging Asgardian Warriors to go next.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Jotunheim
Doom Pool resists advantage creation... successfully
As Gali focuses on unfolding her plasma projectors she feels something resisting her - the fabric of Jotunheim resists her, its chill reality unwilling to allow the intrusion of such devices. Her technology fails on the uneven and rocky shores of this magical place.

The giants, however, are more than happy to take her up on her challenge. Several string huge longbows and return fire in a fashion more aligned with their surroundings - arrows the size of small people come sleeting her way in an approximation of light rain.

Giant Sentries: Team 5d10, Disco Distraction (c) d10

Also, I should add some scene distinctions. Let's go with Sword And Sorcery and Cliffside Fortress.

Giants attack with Team 5d10, Sword and Sorcery d8, Weapons d8, Combat Experts d8: 11 with a d10, 2 opportunities.

Tag whoever of Gali and Mysterio posts first.

BarFesthall Fight!
Scene distinction: Cool Asgardian Stuff. Also, you can claim a d8 Helpful Asgardians asset since they're all pitching in.
The Hulk ignores Deadpool's puny words, and shrugs off Ronan's attack as if it was nothing. He and the Asgardians collide in a blur of violence - and the Asgardians come off worse. The emerald goliath tears through the wall into the street outside, shedding broken Asgardians as he goes.

"YOU WANT FIGHT? HULK FIGHT YOU ALL! HULK HAVE PEACE WHEN ALL PUNY MEN ARE CRUSHED!"

HULK RESIST DEADPOOL with Rampage 1d6 + 4d10 + 2d12 and not much else: 17 with a d12.

HULK ALSO RESIST RONAN with Rampage, Godlike Durability d12, Combat Expert d8: 18 with a d12, one opportunity. And I
will buy those opportunities - have 2 PP.

Hulk and the Asgardians go at it, and the Hulk takes them all out in one go (!) - generating 2 opportunities in the process. Tana is going to use her action to run in the opposite direction.

New round! And I'm going to bring in Thor and Amadeus too. Tag whoever posts first.

Odin's Huge House - and Beyond
Huginn's eyes shine blue and smoke briefly as he mystically scries Asgard for the others. He squawks and twitches his head to the side.

"They remain within the festhall. Oh dear." The raven contrives to look sheepish. "You are familiar with the Hulk, yes? He is currently engaged in the process of smashing."

He takes to the air in a whir of wings.

"Follow me, Odinson, and perhaps we may forestall any further violence!"

Thor, Amadeus and Huginn take flight, leaving Korath and S'Bak behind, S'Bak shouting something about diplomatic impropriety.

"There are a few among the jotun who display leadership qualities," Huginn explains to Amadeus as they fly. "Thiazi is notable among the current warlords for his particular blend of brutality and cunning, although neither he nor the others exhibit much interest in Midgard. The climate does not particularly appeal to them."

Below, a thunderous crash signals the location of the Hulk as he throws a wagon through a group of Asgardians trying to pacify him.

"HULK SMASH VIKING-MEN! HULK SMASH PUNY CITY!"

Doom: 5d10 + 2d12

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

30 xp, 1 pp

Ugh, magic. All it does it keep things from working right.

Frowning a little, Gali sighs, folding her arms. As an arrow would bisect her, she vanishes, blurring around the the assault like a bad animation effect. "Your meatheaded lack of objections: noted.", she says, before launching herself up into the air. She becomes a purple streak, zig-zagging across the landscape with a flare of snow launching up in the wake of her speed.

Defending with Team d6 + Daughter of the Devourer d8 + Godlike Reflexes d10 + Godlike Durability d10 + Combat Expert d8 = 18 with a d10 effect.

Unfolding her utensils, she squints, clutching her growling stomach. "Maybe eating you will provide some clue regarding how Asgard still worries about modestly upsized hunter-gatherers." With that, she lashes out with purple light, trying to convert at least one of the giants into a niblet of cosmic power.

Attacking with Team d6 + Daughter of the Devourer d8 + Godlike Reflexes d10 + Cosmic Blast d10 + Devour d6 + Combat Expert d8 = For 11 with a d12 effect and two opportunities.

Tagging Mysterio!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Amadeus Cho: Beerfest Asgardia
PP:1

"Oh crap."

"Mr. Rider? I'm gonna need that robot."

As he blasted through the Asgardian skies towards the beer hall Amadeus rotated mid-air precisely and exactly as the Novaforce Telepresence Unit rose to meet him, opening and enfolding within its heavy, Nova-enforced metallic embrace. "Hey Hulk, need a hand?" Amadeus called to the emerald giant as he came to a slow stop some distance away, his visor up and voice friendly. He raised his hands and smiled, but his expression turned to shock as a massive fist flailed in his direction and smashed the crumple zones built into the ad hoc armor.

"Aaah!"

Y'know, I'm just going to wear that robot like one of those padded suits they use to train attack dogs and let him hit me. GUILT TRIP ATTACK COMMENCE! Don't smash me, bro!

Buddy d10=9, Hyper focused d8=3, Superhuman senses d10=1, Tech Master d10=1, Godlike Stamina d12=8, Novaforce Telepresence Unit #1 (scene resource) d10=1 8+9= 17+5 = 22 d8 effect, after spending my retcon asset PP with three opportunities for you if you're buying. Pass to Thor next.

d8 Helpful Asgardians asset retcon roll: 1d8 5

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 21, 2014

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Mighty THOR: Asgard V. Banner
Team d8, 23 xp, 0 PP, Condition Ok

Watching Amadeus sail away as a result of impact with the Hulk, Thor lands and holds up his hands, preparing himself for the inevitable wallop as he approaches the Green Goliath.

"Ho there, friend Banner!" He says confidently. "Thou knowest well I, Thor Odinson, have long been thy ally. Therefore, heed mine words: whatever the cause of thine anger, I would ask thee pause and consider thine actions! Knowest that here we seek to provide thee only shelter and safety! Whatever the reason for thine discontentment, knowest that I shall see to it that it shall never bother thee again."

He pauses a moment, and points towards the wreckage of Nova Prime's attempt at stopping the Hulk's rampage. "Thou knowest him as well, he is thine ally, our ally - Amadeus! Thou knowest he would seek thee no harm, nor wouldest I, or any of thine companions! We challenge thee not! Please, before thine rage destroys what it is we seekest to build here: stand down!" Though the Thunder God did not hold Mjolnir aloft, he carefully called upon the uru hammer's energies to lend a gentle rumbling to his words, the sort of distant thundering that could lull babies to sleep - hopefully it would prove effective on the transformed scientist as well.

Ok, so, let's try and calm the savage beast. Team d8, God of Thunder d8, Weather Influence d6, Expert Sorcery d8, Psych Expert d8, Helpful Asgardians d8, and the Nova whatchamacallit resource at d10. Gives me an 18 with a d10 effect die and one opportunity, though I will spend my PP to bump that up to a 26. Looking for emotional stress, I suppose.

So, let's tag DP and see if we can compound that and take Hulk down before anybody gets (irrevocably) injured.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Team d8, No Stress, 1 PP, 9 XP

He still wasn't sure why he was fighting actual giants, but Mysterio decided to go along with it anyways because what else was he going to do in this frozen wasteland? Although the fact that his new teammate was trying to eat the giants made him wonder if he had made the right choice. "Seriously, how do I keep teaming up with cannibals?! Actually , better question: why is space so weird?!" In the midst of his newest rant about his situation in life, the disco drone turns on the giants chasing after it and unleashes blue sleep gas upon them. If it works on humans, it should work on giant humans, right?

Trying to KO some giants with a "Getting Sleepy" complication.
Team d8+Extremely Theatrical d8+Gas Emitter d8+Knock-Out Gas d6+Science Master 2d8
Total is 15, d12 Effect. Two opportunities, and I think the disco distraction complication probably isn't affecting the giants anymore? Giants are up.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Team d10, 1pp, 14xp

little yellow box posted:

ow.

"ow."

Deadpool stands back up, nods to Thor and tries once more to placate the rampaging green monster.

"Alrighty guys, You know poo poo's hosed when ol' DP's the LAST BEST HOPE FOR PEACE." (:v: +1XP)
Deadpool continues, "Bruce, c'mon man, there's much bigger things that need smashing than a bunch of drunk vikings. Save it for when we really need to smash, or hell, let's go smack some giants around for awhile. Whaddaya say?"
ACTION
SFX: Little Yellow Boxes. borrow a D10 or lower from the doom pool, step it up +1, use it as an asset on that action, and return the dice to the doom pool.
Spent 1pp push
Spent 1pp to add to the total
push d6, Merc w/ mouth d4(+pp), helpful asgardian(s) thanks Thor! d8, little yellow boxes d12

Talking down the hulkster
20 (d6 effect) Emotional Stress

Realizing that if this doesn't work, he's likely to get squished again, Deadpool backs off and readies his teleporter...
"Hey Fabio, if Bruce doesn't feel like listening, it might be time for Mr. MIGHTY AVENGER-pants to save the day with his little hammer. Show us little guys how it's done." Deadpool jokes sarcastically. (:v: +XP)
REACTION
Spent 1pp to add to the total
team d6, cosmic pain in the rear end d4(+pp), agility d10, teleport d8,

staying out of Hulk's way
15 (d8 effect)

Doom: 1D6 + 4d10 + 3d12
Tagging Ronan

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ronan the Hulkbuster
Team D6, 3 PP, 5 XP

Bemused, Ronan watches the Hulk simply ignore the Universal Weapon's impact. But then he recalls that the green giant's power derives from stored gamma radiation. A primitive but effective way to create an enhanced soldier, Ronan muses, as he decides to let the Hulk get another taste of the Universal Weapon's power.

But this time, it is far subtler. On an atomic level, he directs the weapon's master of cosmic energies to start leeching and dissipating the gamma radiation from the Hulk's cells. Hopefully he can reverse the transformation or at least weaken the raging Hulk.

OOC: Spending 1 PP to create a power stunt. Not sure if this counts as regular physical stress against the Hulk or a Complication, but the intended effect is to just take out dice, so I'm going with stress.

Also, I just remembered Ronan has an Area Attack and Hulk *is* a large scale threat.... I'm going to roll that separately in case I'm handling this wrong, though.

D6 Team + D8 You Stand Accused! + D8 Enhanced Reflexes + 2D10 Cosmic Mastery (Unleashed SFX)+ D8 Cosmic Expert + D8 Helpful Asgardians + D8 Gamma Containment Field Stunt
Plus potential 6d6 Area Attack SFX
Hulkbusting take two: 2#1d10 7 10 5#1d8 6 6 7 4 6 1d6 2
Area attack v. Hulk: 6#1d6 3 3 4 5 1 2

So total is either 23 with D10 effect (after spending 1 PP) OR 23 with D10 and D8 effect (again spending 1 PP).

Assuming it's a new round, going to tag the Hulk!

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Giant-Hunting
Despite Gali's cosmic speed the giants fall back in good order, abandoning their bows in favour of spears and shields, forming a hedge of points to keep the purple-clad girl at bay. As Mysterio's drone sprays blue gas, their control over the cold lets them freeze it out of the air - a practice they continue in an attempt to slow Gali down to spearable speed.

It would seem that their experience battling the mighty warriors of Asgard will stand them in good stead against other superhuman foes as well.

Giants defend vs Gali with Team 5d10, Frost Giants d8, Superhuman Durability d10, Combat Experts d8: 16 with a d10.

Defend vs Mysterio with Team 5d10, Ice Control d8, Combat Experts d8: 19 with a d10, 2 opportunities.

New round, I think? The giants will attempt to hit Gali with a Iced-Up complication: Team 5d10, Frost Giants d8, Ice Control d8, Combat Experts d8: 16 with a d10, two opportunities.

As usual, tag whoever posts first.

Giant Sentries: Team 5d10

Hulk-Busting
I'm assuming the guilt trip attack is for emotional stress.
Hulk batters Amadeus aside with only the slighest hesitation, smashing the impromptu armour through a fruit stall and the half dozen Asgardians behind it, but he slows for Thor.

"YES. HULK KNOW BLONDE STRONG ONE." He frowns, eyebrows like small dogs colliding in the centre of his forehead. "BUT THESE PEOPLE HURT HULK! WHY SIDE WITH THEM?"

Deadpool weighs in, and the Hulk starts to nod as he calms down. "OTHER THINGS TO SMASH. YES."

Meanwhile, on the sidelines, Ronan's cunning use of the universal weapon begins to siphon away the Hulk's gamma power. It seems to be working, until the Hulk suddenly looks at his hands. His expression rapidly cycles from confusion, to fear, to the ever-popular rage.

"WHAT IS THIS? WEAKNESS?" He spins rapidly, searching for the source of his draining power. "YOU TRY TO TRICK HULK! HULK NOT STUPID!"

With surprising speed the green goliath lashes out, catching Deadpool's leg and using him as a club to batter Thor.

Hulk defends against guilt trips with Solo 1d6 + 4d10 + 3d12, Man or Monster d8, and... um... huh. That's it.

Vs Amadeus: 18 with a d12. Emo stress ups to d8, which'll knock the d6 off the Doom Pool.
Vs Thor: 17 with a d12, two opportunities. Emo stress ups to d10.
Vs. DP: 17 with a d12, one opportunity. Emo stress ups to d12, which will knock off one of his d10s.

He resists Ronan with Solo 3d10 + 3d12, Engine of Destruction d8, Godlike Stamina d12: 19 with a d12, one opportunity. That knocks some more dice off the Doom Pool thanks to the Area effect.

Attack! Solo 3d10 + 3d12, Engine of Destruction d8, Godlike Strength d12, Combat Expert d8, Area d6. 18 to put a d12 'Weaponised' complication on Deadpool and d12 physical stress on Thor.

Which DP has already reacted to? That 15 would be a failure, although it occurs to me that the complication can be easily fixed with a quick teleport.

Tag whoever posts first!

Doom: 1d10 + 3d12

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Mighty THOR: Asgard V. Banner
Team d8, 23 xp, 0 PP, Condition Ok

Ignoring Deadpool's quip for the moment, the Thunder God seeks to assuage the Gamma-Powered Banner as Ronan attempts to sap his power.

"Nay, friend Banner! 'Tis only for thine..." The Odinson is cut short as Deadpool is swung into him with bone-shattering force (likely for both the Mercenary and the Asgardian), and Thor is sent reeling off into a building.

Ok, trying to defend against Hulk. Rolling d8 Team, d8 Righteous Warrior, d10 Superhuman Durability, d12 Godlike Durability, d8 Combat Expert, and d12 for Hulk's Stress because come on he doesn't want to hurt Thor right? Well, Being that I rolled an 18 with a d10 effect die, I guess he does, since I think I'll take d10 stress for tying him, right?

Shaking his head clean of ringing bells and staggering to his feet, Thor tosses wreckage aside and steps back out. "Doctor Banner - thou havest nothing to fear from I, Thor Odinson, nor any of mine companions! We seekest thee no harm, therefore, also seek us no harm!" Once more his words thrum with an undercurrent of thunder - a bit louder this time though, and hopefully more persuasive.

Going to try and Emotional Stress Hulk out. First of all going to activate Second Wind to move my d10 stress to the doom pool. As such I'll roll Team d8, God of Thunder d8, Weather Influence 2d6, Expert Sorcery d8, Psych Expert d8, Helpful Asgardians d8, and Hulk's stress d12. This'll give me a 16 with a d12, so hopefully that'll work.

If it doesn't though, I'll tag Deadpool to hopefully finish things off again.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

30 xp, 1 pp

Gali is beset by cold and ice, and with her hunger wearing down her thought processes, she charges the giants. Instead, her armor is coated in rime and weight, as she's chilled, and all energy tends to damp down in the face of cold. However, there's a purple flare as the ice melts away, Gali glaring at the giants.

BTW, I goofed her earlier roll, so this time she's rolling less; 14 with a d8 effect and gaining a PP by activating Emotionally Unstable (roll correction here), but I'll spend a PP to increase that to 17 with a d8 effect.

Reality, though, is like a cup; it might work better if she focuses on local axioms. With a gesture, she tries to focus her technological armament of death into a new shape, that of a tremendous sword. When in Asgard, after all. "To paraphrase a pair of Earthly bards, I will not be killed by a few medieval dickweeds."

Trying to make a Cosmic Sword asset by spending a PP to create a When In Asgard stunt by activating a complication; 14 with a d12 effect and one complication and gaining a PP by hammering on Emotionally Unstable.

Tagging Mysterio!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Team d10, 2pp, 14xp

Y'know, it really is hard being a good guy. If I was a bad guy I could just run away, or join in and have fun, but noooooooooooooo, I gotta stop a roid-raging nerd with staggering daddy issues from destroying Asgard.

Littel Yellow Box posted:

And don't forget we gotta stop the destruction of the universe by that Annihilus dickbag.
I lead a charmed life.

I just ask myself, "what would Patrick Stewart do?" and so I try to stay extra special diplomatic while my skull collides with a thunder god's jaw.

"Bruce, c'mon man! Ronan's a dick, but he's on our side too, we can smash him later. I promise. Think about what you're doing, this is why you try so hard not to get angry! You always hate yourself after you hulk out!"

Going for more emotional stress, hoping keep stressing him out.
ACTION ROLL:
SFX: Little Yellow Boxes. borrow a D10 or lower from the doom pool, step it up +1, use it as an asset on that action, and return the dice to the doom pool.
Merc w/ Mouth d4(+PP), Helpful Asgardians d8, and Hulk's stress d12, Yellow Boxes d12
Guilty Green Giant

14 (d12 effect) one opportunity

Doom: 4d12
Tagging Amadeus He's here too, right?

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Buddy d6, No Stress, 3 PP (Assuming both Opportunities were bought earlier), 9 XP

Looks like the usual bag of tricks isn't enough for these giants...which is a pretty huge problem, because the bag of tricks is Mysterio's entire battle strategy. Perhaps it's fear, or desperation, or just plain stupidity, but Msyterio tries an incredibly dangerous tactic. He draws forth the sliver of cosmic power within him, but makes no attempt to control it. Flying into the air, making certain the giants could see him, reality is twisted and bent all around the Supreme Sorcerer.

This scare-tactic would probably work better if he had come up with an impressive and intimidating speech beforehand, but if he had taken enough time to make a speech, he probably would have realized how dumb this was.

Going to inflict some emotional stress on these giants by showing off, basically.
Buddy d6+Extremely Theatrical d8+Reality Control d8+Psych Expert d8+Stunt d10(-1 PP)+Area Attack 4d6
Huh, that was an amazingly poor roll. Wow. Uh, taking the 6 and 5, then spending my remaining two PP's to add the two 3's (from the d8 and the d6), so Total is 17, Effect is d10, d8, d6, d4, d4. I ran out of actual dice to use.

Oh yeah, and how does four opportunities sound? I also have no idea how my Surge in Power SFX works with an area attack, hopefully it only adds a d10 and not all of my effect dice. If it's the latter, then my apologies to the people fighting Rampage Hulk, your next of kin will be notified.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Hulk-Busting
Thor: It's actually d12 stress - ties go to the attacker. P.S. Because Hulk is using the Doom Pool as his basic dice pool, every time you move your stress to the Doom Pool, you make him stronger!

The Hulk pauses as Thor tries to talk him down, but he doesn't relinquish his grip on Deadpool's leg. He seems to be responding to the merc's mouth right up until he mentions Ronan.

"RONAN ON YOUR SIDE?"

He turns away from Thor to face the kree and brandishes Deadpool at him.

"FLY AWAY TINY BLUE MAN. HULK STRONGEST THERE IS."

Hulk resists Thor with pretty much the same non-pool as last time: 16 with a d12, so there goes another d10 from the Doom Pool.
He resists DP with 21 with a d12.
Amadeus is up; he and Ronan still to go this round.

Deadpool: Weaponised d12 (c)

Giant Slaying
Gali: I'll buy that complication; have a PP.
Mysterio: Ahahahaha. I'll take 2d8 for the Doom Pool in exchange for 2 PP for you.

As Gali conforms to local reality, her will takes shape into a huge blade. She's right - this is easier than plasma cannons.

--but then something out above the canyon twists, reality bleeding and running like wet paint as Beck lets his fragment of cosmic power run amok. For a moment the things which between the dimensions can be perceived as a synesthaesiac blend of sense-data, before the frigid nature of Jotunheim reasserts itself and closes them out once again - but that glimpse is enough to unnerve the giants.

Gali handily beats the Doom Pool with her action. Cosmic Sword is present at d12.
Giants resist Mysterio with Team 5d10, Loyal To Their Lord d8, Menace Experts d8: 15 with a d10, two opportunities. That knocks off one of their Team dice and leaves a nice measure of emo stress as well.

Giants: Team 4d10, d10 emotional stress

Doom: 1d6 + 2d8 + 1d10 + 4d12

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Amadeus Cho: Beerfest Asgardia
PP:0

"That guy's totally a dick and those other guys are dicks too, but that's no call for hitting your friends."

Amadeus clambered out of the ruins of the fruit stand and wall he'd been smashed through and looked meaningfully at the two panicked Asgardians he'd twisted out of the way to save, who thankfully caught on and nodded enthusiastically in agreement.

"Angmar's totally a dick!"

"Verily Harvald b'est the dickest of all!"

The servomotors of the telepresence unit cum safety suit sparked and whirred in an almost theatrically damaged noise, and he picked through the pulpy rinds still adorning the enormous and bent indentation left by the Hulk's four fingered retort.

"Come on Hulk, those dudes suck and this place is stupid. Let's find some magic cows and we'll make ice cream. This looks like some kind of... Asgardian pumpkin watermelon hybrid?"

HULK TOTALLY NOT A DICK! (is about the gist of what I'm hoping for anyway)

Team d6=3, Hyper focused d8=2, Superhuman senses d10=7, Tech Master d10=4, Godlike Stamina d12=6, Novaforce Telepresence Unit #1 (scene resource) d10=6, Helpful Asgardians asset d8=2 7+6+6= 19 d12 effect after spending my last PP.

Whoops forgot Hulk's E-stress: 1d12 6

Hope that's enough to stress him out of the fight, but if not pass to Ronan to bring us home.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

30 xp, 3 pp

The "synesthaesiac blend of sense-data" leaves Gali unruffled, as she just blinks. After all, that pretty well describes the output of Cosmic Awareness. "To be clear, the mythopoetic nature of Jotunheim is the only reason I'm deigning to engage in this primate-level nonsense.", Gali grumbles, before readying her sword. "But I suppose I do get to say-"

"HAVE"

"AT"

"THEE"

Gali suddenly becomes a purple streak, creating a fierce slash that's more visible as a line than for any individual motion, trying to move in while they're still stunned by Mysterio's trick. Even hungry as she is, she's still fast.

Rolling to inflict some physical stress on a giant. Buddy d8 + Daughter of the Devourer d8 + Cosmic Reflexes d10 + Cosmic Sword d12 + Combat Expert d8 + Emotional Stress d10 = 18 with a d12 effect and 1 opportunity.

And tagging Mysterio!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Buddy d6, No Stress, 2 PP (now 1), 9 XP

Well, that worked somehow, although Mysterio gets the strange feeling that might have done more harm than good somewhere. But who cares about long-term consequences when fighting giants? As his comrade-in-purple attacks the natives, Beck decides to call in the expert at giant hunting. A drone goes out into the surrounding blizzard, and its speakers sound out with the voice of Thor while remaining hidden. "Dost thou thinkest that thine little band of Giants should measure up to The Mighty Thor, God of Asgard? Know that Thor Odinson is slayer of jotun, and DESPAIR! Flee now while thoust can, and I shall spare thee the wrath of Asgard!" Hopefully the giants wouldn't notice it was just a bunch of sound clips of Thor talking spliced together. Or that the sound of thunder accompanying it was just a stock sound file Mysterio found on the internet back on Earth.

Trying to cause stress by making them think Thor is here.
Extremely Theatrical d8+Illusions d10+Area Attack 3d6+Menace Expert d8+Emotional Stress d10
Spending 1 PP to add a 3 to my total. Total is 16, Effect dice are d10, d10, d4, d4. Two opportunities, and Giants go next.

• Locked thread