Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Galacta, Approaching the Prisonship Lamplight
Solo d10, 1PP

As hinted at, once, there was a world named Luphom. The Luphomoids were some of the most feared conquering forces in the galaxy. They were big and blue and built like steamrollers, only with less personality. Hence, nobdy was really sad when Galactus snacked them up.

Some of them were still stranded out in space after their conquering business, though, and figured they'd try getting some revenge. That's when they came to Xandar and decided to try and drain one world-unit of energy to power a weapon to beat Galactus. And that's how Xandar got blown up the first time.

Typical, dad, just eat a planet and leave a messy plate as usual., Galacta muses from afar as she looks over to what remains of Xandar. Still, even after their planet fell to pieces, the minds and genomes of the Xandarians were completely backed up, and they used cloning to recreate their entire speicies? If I could get them to pump out some bodies, minus their ethically-inconvenient intellects, then it's all nosh from there. I wonder what they taste like?

A roll of her eyes, and she sighs as realism starts to settle in. But then- "Oh, hey, Worldmind, mind redirecting some of that Nova Power to fire babies into my ravening cosmic maw?" That'll go over well- Her cosmic awareness, though, twigs to the planet-smashing effort. - well. We can't have you doing that, mystery vil., she thinks with some annoyance. A brief flare of cosmic energy from her armor, and she launches off as a tiny blur in space, arcing towards the scene of the disaster at barely-perceptible speeds, at least for most. "Gosh, Gali, thanks for saving Xandar! Please take all the vat-grown baby treats you need as our thanks!", she dreams for a picosecond or two. Then, her eyes flare as she focuses back on reality, rapidly approaching the runaway ship.

-----

Trying to come up quietly and quickly enough to surprise whoever's trying to send the spaceship on a crash course. Rolling Solo + Godlike Reflexes + Covert Expert to try and built an asset to use - Surprise! The effect roll is 17, and marking the d12 as the asset die. Edit: I guess that includes an opportunity on the d12? I'm not sure how that works for asset rolls.

pre:
Galacta, Daughter of Galactus

Affiliations: 	Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6

Distinctions:	- Daughter of the Devourer
		- Emotionally Volatile
		- Unlikely Guardian

Power Sets	Power Cosmic

Cosmic Blast d12	Cosmic Supremacy d12
		Cosmic Senses d12	Godlike Durability d12
		Godlike Reflexes d12	Godlike Stamina d12
		Godlike Strength d12	Shapeshifting d10
		Space Flight d12	Telepathy d10
		Teleport d12		Transmutation d10

SFX:	Consume. If your attack action against
			organic targets includes Cosmic Blast, add a
 			d6 and step up the effect die.

SFX:	Cosmic Technology. When using the Power Cosmic
 			to create assets, add a d6 and step up the 
			effect die.

SFX:	Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress or 
			trauma from heat, cold, radiation, pressure, or 
			vacuum.

SFX:	Invulnerability. Spend 1 PP to ignore physical
			stress or trauma unless caused by magic.

SFX:	Multipower. Add more than one Power Cosmic
 			die to a pool. Step back each Power Cosmic power
 			die in that pool once for each die beyond the
 			first.

Limit:	Local Cover. Shapechanging can only be used
			to alter her sentient species and clothing.

Limit:	Cosmic Hunger. Step back all Power Cosmic
			powers by one step to gain 1 PP. Activate
 			an opportunity to recover.

Limit:	Issues! Step up mental or emotional
 			stress, trauma, or complications relating to her
 			self-worth or powers to gain 1 PP.

Limit:	Interstellar Travel. Teleport may only be
 			used across interstellar or intergalactic
 			distances.

Specialties	Combat Expert d8	Cosmic Master d10
		Covert Expert d8	Science Master d10
		Tech Master d10

Milestones	Rebellious Teenager-Equivalent

1 XP	when you comment or tweet flippantly
 			regarding cosmic or alien matters.

3 XP	when you resolve a planet-threatening crisis.

10 XP	when you oppose your father directly for
 			the galactic good or aid your father for the
 			galactic good.

Godlike Cosmic Omnivore

1 XP	when you discuss your eating habits or the
	 		gastronomic qualities of a particular species.

3 XP	when you consume biomass while still
	 		conforming to your strict standards of ethics and
	 		sustainability.

10 XP	when you find a way to resolve your hunger
	 		issues in the long-term without your father's
	 		aid, or turn to your father in desperation for
	 		help.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta, Near the Prisonship Lamplight
Solo d10, 1PP

Flashback: The Big Bang

Boom goes the universe. But as gas and heat and particles flow into the void, something doesn't make a lot of sense. Gravity says everything should be hugging back together in one big clump. Since then, scientists have wondered what caused the universe to expand, when everything we know about gravity says it should collapse.

Well. Somebody was there who knows the answer. His name was Galactus.

Orbit Around Xandar, Present Day

And as a result, Galacta learned from him. Basic cosmic science. See? We went back to the start of it all for a reason. Let's not see Xandar blown up a third time, 'kay?, she thinks as she unfolds her arms. And they just repopulated this place a little while back, too...! With that, she calls upon the Power Cosmic, drawing together enough dark matter to push Xandar and the ship apart. Of course, some space-time distortion might result, to say nothing of the sheer stress that's going to be put on that hull, but things have to be prioritized in order of saving:

1. Xandar
2. The Crew
3. The Ship
4-99. A Bunch of Other Things
100. Brood

Is that a bit racist of me?, Gali thinks. They are definition of invasive biology, though, and we can't have that. Plus, brood with buckets on their heads? That's too silly, even for somebody with my taste is headwear...!

Trying a Recovery Action to try and slow the Lamplight! Solo + Cosmic Supremacy + Science Mastery + Unlikely Guardian (hinder, since sometimes it's the more unlikely part) = The roll is 6 with an effect of 0d0 and two opportunities. Enjoy, potatocubed, and I'll at least snag that 1PP.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Solo d10, 4PP, 1XP, Asset: Surprise! d4

Galacta hates the direct approach. It gets her a lot of attention, and she's never been much for the dramatic pummeling many metasentient seem to gravitate towards. It's risky. It's ugly. It makes her hungry. And you wouldn't like her when she's hungry. And contrary to what you may think, being the obvious offspring of a world-eater rarely earns any affection.

Still, there's no time for her usual cautious methods. She has two problems: #1, a homicidal cosmic being of unknown origin (the latter fact that chews on her last nerve), and #2, a runaway spaceship about to radically reduce a number of local lifeforms and increase the number of potential gravestones. As so, she arcs around the opposite side of ship from the mustachioed monster, trying to maintain her surprise through the simplest means possible: cover! Then, wincing more out of distaste than effort, she slams into the Lamplight crudely with her physical form, trying to redirect all of that thrust at a slightly different angle. Specifically, an angle that would send the speeding spaceship towards the figure who sent it out of control in the first place. Of course, the added efforts of the Nova Corps in stopping the ship can only help, right?

Let's repurpose this problem into a solution, shall we?

-----

First, trying to maintain her asset as a reaction: Solo + Covert Expert + Surprise! Asset + Nova Corps Assistance (shiny bucket-headed distraction). Well, that's not quite enough, so spending 1PP to keep an extra die to her total, resulting in a reaction of 20 with a d10 effect.

Then, going to try and make another Recovery Action to reduce that timer, and spending an extra PP to keep an extra effect die to try and physically attack our mystery foe with the Lamplight: Solo + Unlikely Guardian (d8) + Godlike Strength (multipower, d10) + Space Flight (multipower, d10) + Combat Expert + Surprise! + Nova Corps Assistance (trying to divert the ship!) Going to spend another 1PP to keep an extra die again, making it a 24 and keeping two d10 effect dice (recovery / attack), with one opportunity. 3PP were spent total, reducing her to 1PP.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Solo d10, 1PP, 2XP, Asset: Surprise! d4

Whups. Sorry, little broodlings!, Galatea thinks with a slightly pained expression as insectile predators spill out into the void. I'm not trying to murder you all, despite your renowned malevolence!

Swinging around as her foe recorporates, Galacta turns to face him, squinting as he lashes out her literally. Raising her hand with sudden speed, power flows through her arm down to her palm as she lashes out with a flare of purple energy in silent response to counter the energy whips.

Reacting with Solo + Unlikely Guardian (d8) + Godlike Reflexes (multipower) + Cosmic Blast (multipower) + Combat Expert. Not quite enough, so spending 1PP to hold an extra die again, having a 19 with a d10 effect.

"So.", she says, "You went entirely immaterial, and you decided to keep something from your old organic shell, and went with 'I'm going to define myself by this ostentatious, ridiculous moustache'! A suggestion?" She points up to her head with a gloved finger. "Try a hat, maybe? Or..." Her back vanes start to fold and reconfigure, splitting into multiple pods, each glowing with cosmic power as she readies herself for a proper fight. "... maybe you should realize when you're out-&*%*ing-classed."

A bluff, maybe, but certainly one she's hedging.

Going to forge an Asset: Ordinary Nullifiers using Cosmic Technology, Solo + Daughter of the Devourer (d8) + Cosmic Supremacy (multipower) + Transmutation (multipower) + Tech Master + Cosmic Technology Total is 15 with a d12 effect (stepped up from a d10) and one opportunity.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta, Having the Battle Most Cosmic
Solo d10 / Buddy d8, 0PP, 2XP, Asset: Ordinary Nullifiers d12

"Cosplayer- ?!", Galacta starts, bristling at the very idea, fuming momentarily. Momentarily, because very soon she has hostility coming from all corners, and she can't worry if she's more upset that she might be mistaken for her dad that she's being accused of being a poser.

She'd slowed her mind enough during her banter, to try and parley sensibly. As she pushes her mind back to her accelerated timescale, the energy assaults are still quite swift, but Gali's suddenly moving too fast to easily get a bead on. And from her perspective, she has a moment or two to think things over as she twists, snaking around the angles of attack arcing around her. Eyeing Xandar, she shakes her head. Am I seriously being profiled? Seriously, Worldmind? Maybe dad should have taken you for a munch after all... Looking to the strange attacker, she squints as she leans over, ducking a pink blast. And somebody's pretty nonverbal for a guy who can talk in space! Usually the cosmic, as a habit, are given to a bit more loquaciousness...! Then, doing a back vault over the mystery attacker's assault, she looks to the sprite. Mmm, snack-sized... wait, no, bad Gali- Meantime, the blasts continue to arc around, some coming troublingly close. But not close enough.

quote:

First- dodging our mystery attacker - Solo + Daughter of the Devourer (d8) + Godlike Reflexes (multipower) + Godlike Durability (multipower) + Combat Expert, for a total of 15 with a d10 effect.

Second- avoiding getting too distracted - Solo + Emotionally Volatile (d4) + Godlike Reflexes (multipower) + Space Flight (multipower) + Combat Expert, for a total of 18 with a d10 effect, and earning 1PP as a result.

And I did those rolls before Deadpool's query this afternoon, so I'm shifting over to Buddy mode here.

As she winds around, she finds a gap she can actually chat. "You know, I'm not really into these cosmic slapfights. But I haven't really been eager to lose them, either...!" Without even looking in his direction, the nullifiers swing around, aimed purely with her Cosmic Awareness. Flaring with power that arcs to the nullifiers, she channels the Power Cosmic through her technology, a barrage of purple lights lashing out at him. Zappity-zap-zap!

quote:

Third- let's blast our mystery foe with the nullifiers! Buddy + Daughter of the Devourer (d8) + Cosmic Awareness (Multipower) + Cosmic Blast (Multipower) + Combat Expert + Ordinary Nullifiers, for a total of 19 with a d12 effect with two opportunities!

Upside-down - relatively speaking - she looks to the chaos sprite as she continues to fire at the dark figure. "Wait while I find a empty bottle, okay?" Yes, she's spent enough time on Earth to become acquainted with their greatest cultural works.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta, Somewhere Around Xandar

Looking after the sprite, Galacta squints a purple eye. Well, just because the thought had crossed her mind doesn't mean she was necessarily going to do it, right?... right? Much of the nullifiers dematerialize, though, flickering black globes in a corona of purple energy visible for a moment as Galacta disarms. She reaches out to the headband for a moment, and then flicks it a centurion. She's had enough tussling herself. Also, she wasn't exactly on a full tank when she started this, and her ever-irritating hunger is really starting to gnaw her. Thankfully, she has not turned to gnawing on anything else in turn. Yet.

Still, she looks at the centurions. Such a variety of flavors species, and all foil-wrapped, like they serve those burritos in on Earth. Mmm, burritos. After a moment, she snaps out of her momentary calorie-conceiving reverie. "Really, you're going to jump to that accusation already?" Ugh, I could even eat some brood right now. Distasteful. But so hungry., her thoughts continue as she looks after the distant ship for a moment. "I'd worry more about that ship, given its inhabitants' tendency to forcible copulation and overwrought dialogue re: the dying of the light and hope et cetera." She folds her arms. She folds her arms a lot.

"But fine, I'll talk to your Worldmind, if it'll assuage your tiny hominid concerns, the last thing I need is getting shot at every time I show up. The eating prospects around here aren't that ideal, having this world blown up twice kind of ruined the local ecology a a teeny tiny bit, and the food ends up being a bit too sentient-rich for my tastes as a result." Rolling her eyes slightly, she starts on her way planetward. Also, dad appreciates your contributions to his food service industry in his own monstrous way, double ugh.

Ending the scene with... 6 XP and 2 PP, as I activate her Cosmic Hunger flaw. Got my tickets to board the railcar.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta, on Xandar
2PP, 6XP

Gali's eyes shift away, focusing as in concentration. The kind of concentration necessary when trying not to focus on that relentless, cosmic need for nosh. "It wouldn't be very sportsmanlike. Cosmic Awareness makes it trivial to read the pitch.", she starts, pouting slightly. "And Gaard the Cosmic Goalie retired from sports, so cosmic hockey's essentially been on strike since... of course, it was always hard getting players willing to play near a singularity." Is she serious? Or, rather, does it really matter? "Mostly, I watch apex mammals like you and try and practice good conservation methods vis-a-vis the ever-popular biospheres and take in your culture. Usually from more of a distance, though." She touches the hat. "People tend to find the resemblance alarming, but-"

As she walks past a pillar, her clothes shift into something more akin to a loose Xandarian tunic and skirt, in dark black. And glasses, mind, to obscure her odd eyes. "- I shouldn't go around alarming your populace, given their past dilemmas with the Big G. Hey, do you have like, mineral water or something to drink...?"

Ugh, so many species... this is like being hungry in a supermarket. Cannot snack here. Cannot.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta Meets the Worldmind
2PP, 6XP

Looking at the taco filling, it's tempting, but still a tiny speck as far as her hunger's concerned. The thought of embarrassment at least keeps her from digging in with her cosmic tool, and it just doesn't have the spark of eating a still-firing organism. Still, there's still a twinge of her eyebrow as she turns away. "Thanks.", she manages before stepping into the large room, either cursedly or blessedly free of temptations.

Focusing on the Worldmind, she ponders as she hops up on a floating platform, thinking aloud. o O (Gali is fine. I'm not really... like him, though. I don't just gobble up any lives that get served up by some cosmic butlers...!) She frowns a bit, folding her arms, clearly a bit irritated at that very topic. o O (Exchange of information, though?) Her eyes look away behind her glasses. o O (Those same ethics that keep me from just eating everything also extends to infodumps, so I can't just share just anything, but I am wondering something if it isn't too rude to ask...) Galacta grins a bit, knowing that yes, it will be rude to ask. o O (You could project as any image, right? Or remotely control any sort of constructed body, so why are you a giant head?!)

She doesn't go as far to smirk, though. This is a perfectly serious inquiry.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
2 pp, 6 xp

o O (I wasn't referring so much to the properties of the head, but more the lack of a body. But the helmet is considerably more stylin' than Supremor's broccoli bedhead, as far as collective consciousnesses go.), Galacta thinks, waving a hand as if dismissing that topic. Her eyes shift away in some embarrassment, however. o O (I didn't say I don't gobble at all, I'm just a very selective... gobbler.) Looking back to the mammoth figure, she shrugs a little. o O (Unlike a certain cosmic glutton, I try to maintain certain ethical standards in my diet, and ensure the preservation and maintenance of local biospheres and sentience. Eat locally, think galactically, as they say. Or I say, at least.)

Tugging her glasses down with a fingertip, though, she looks to make eye contact with her odd, pupils, what with the little glowing purple squares within them. o O (As far as more ongoing solutions go, there are certain rumors about Xandarian technology vis-à-vis the restoration of a certain previously-extinct race from disembodied energy?) She needn't go into her ongoing, laughable, and so-far doomed attempts to develop a "Space Kudzu", after all.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
2 pp, 6 xp

o O (Yeah, I don't think DadG is going to listen to anything even if you come up with something, 'No time to develop a solution, got another planet to because I hunger!', he's just a big, fork-headed thug who never listens to-)

Halting her thoughts, Galacta manages a sigh-approximation, trying to regain her composure. It's hard to keep her infuriation re: her father under wraps, though, because he never listens because he's a big, fat-hatted- wait, that's perhaps a bit too meta.

o O (- okay, I admit, our metabolisms to match our scales, he's hooked on the 'trans fats' which are your populated worlds. Scans, though? Well, I'm not really up for anything invasive.)

Pushing her glasses again, her arms fold her her typical fashion, taking a little more of a defensive stance.

o O (I suppose you can if you like otherwise, but keep in mind I've already examined myself with technology from before time, and keep coming up a bit short on defying the whole conservation of energy dilemma!)

Galacta's metaphorical hackles will be raised and she'll be watching to see what the Worldmind does - Solo + Emotionally Volatile (d4) + Cosmic Awareness + Tech Master (2d8) = 10 with a d12 effect and one opportunity, and +1 PP.

Edit: belatedly tagging DP.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 1, 2013

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
3 pp, 6 xp

o O (I wish I would consume energy in such a raw state, but it has to be 'cooked' into more complex and delicious systems. Of course, the fact that random evolution seems to work better than any recipe I come up with is a little bit frustrating...!), Galacta answers with a pout.

She looks away, distracted by such thoughts of food. o O (Are you sure you need to imprison those brood? I mean, they're not exactly thoughtful galactic citizens, and I could really go for some ugly noms.), she asks quietly - and rhetorically. Well. She could go for any noms, at this point.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
2 pp, 6 xp

o O (Kyln doesn't break, that thing's been around nearly as long as Papa G, I-) Galacta halts in open thought. Did the Worldmind just say she could eat the Brood? Well. That's surprising. She hadn't really thought about what she would do in that eventuality. She'd expected a bit more... moral inflexibility.

o O (There's a slight problem in that the amount of cosmic energy needed to stop a breakout versus the amount of cosmic energy I'm going to get from nobbling up a pack of Brood. Not exactly a trade in my favor.) She folds her arms, huffing. o O (Still, I guess I better help you out. Matchstick would be très upset if I just let his homeworld get overrun!) Well, see, Firelord has this big stick, and it's on fire, so- well, she doesn't care if anybody else gets it.

Floating up, her arms still folded, she looks over to the Worldmind, sighing, and then makes her way off. Focusing on a little bit of her Cosmic Awareness, she tries to home in the nearest disaster. Maybe she can nibble on some of the prisoners, at least? Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, in any case!

Tagging Poolio.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
2 pp, 6 xp

Galacta flies off, time curling around her as she zooms in the fracas, her xandarian costume peeling away, not that many are likely to see more than a dash of purple. It's less a matter of space and time, and more just orienting herself from calm to chaos. In the midst of moving herself, she hms. "I guess I've been deputized, so, free bucket, right?" With that, she focuses on fixing her outer, perceivable shell to something more blue and gold. It doesn't have all the fancy technology, but the bucket is helm just as shiny as any space cop's.

You know, like a Nova. A Nova with strangely purple squares in her pupils, but- o O (Let's not advertise my purple peopleness just yet, they haven't earned it!)

Rolling: Solo + Unlikely Guardian (d8) + Shapeshifting (d8 with limit active) + Covert Expert (2d6) = 16 with a d10 effect to build a disguise asset!.. and moving into Team mode as I hit the scene.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
2 pp, 6 xp

Let's compare sound effects, shall we?

Your average Nova Corps member, blasting away, makes noises like *ZKOW!* or *FCHOOOM!*. Their power blasts are in a orange-yellow range, having limited impact on the surroundings.

The teenager with the purple eyes, though, has a slightly different blast signature that stands out. It's more like *BWOMMMMMM*, is a pinkish-purple hue, and shears through matter in a rather troubling fashion.

Right now, she has a bunch of prisoners in her way. More than sound effects or hue, they're getting the full sensory experience of her blasts as she fires in a wide arc, aiming to blaze her way through the riot towards the breakout's likely architect.

Seeing the darting form, her eyes widen. I wonder what chaos tastes like, in an entirely gustatory sense...!

Attacking the criminal mob! Team d6 + Unlikely Guardian d8 + Cosmic Blast d10 (multipower) + Cosmic Supremacy d10 (multipower) + Combat Expert d8 + Consume d6 = 12 with a d12 effect, with one opportunity.

Tagging the Nova Mob.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
2 pp, 6xp

o O (Okay, that was a mistake. Cosmic energy expenditure to nutrition return on that notion = terribad.), Galacta notes to herself with a frustrated frown as her attention is diverted. (Can't wait for the rubber monster special, munching begins now-)

"Not now, I'm eating.", she replies to Deadpool with a frown, but then blinks at him for a moment. Something odd about that genetic structure... very odd... but she's too used to having forever to observe organics. Instead, she has a big chaotic mess she's hoping to somehow make palatable. Really, it's the cosmic equivalent of competing on Iron Chef with a package of toothpicks and a bun warmer.

And so, the disguise fades away as she tries to close in on the chaos mite, her costume unfolding into energy apertures, analytical displays, disassembly projectors and other weapons hovering nearby. But, once again, this is harder to do in the midst of a battle, and there's a lot of math to properly consume a living being. Dad makes it look easy, really.

To Skreet, she adds, "I honestly wasn't planning on eating you earlier, but since you brought it up I can't stop wondering...!"

Trying to create Cosmic "Eating Utensils" Asset: Buddy d8 + Daughter of the Devourer d8 + Cosmic Supremacy d10 + Tech Master 2d8 + Cosmic Technology d6 + Disguise Asset d10 = 17 with a d10 effect. Assuming my Disguise Asset is discarded after this.

Edit: Tagging Skreet.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Dec 9, 2013

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta

Gali looks down at the sprite, a bit taken aback. Really, she expected the mite to try and beat at retreat rather than practically jump into the lion's maw. Or Gali's maw. Not a maw, exactly, but - you get the idea. Mostly, she's not used to being hit, though she's more surprised than offended. Or wounded, for that matter.

Withstanding Skreet's wee wallops: Buddy d8 + Unlikely Guardian d4 + Godlike Durability 2d8 + Combat Expert d8: 12 with a d8 effect, and gaining a Plot Point.

"Well, starstuff.", Gali says, her implements curling in as they start to glow, clearly activating. "Let's test that with science." Lavender light flares across the room as she lights up all of her devices, looking to try and convert Skreet into galactic energy. Certainly it's risky at best to try and munch up another cosmic being, but consequences, schmonsequences, she's hungry!

Galacta's going to try and prepare a Chaos Mite Apertif: Buddy d8 + Daughter of the Devourer d8 + Cosmic Blast d10 + Combat Expert d8 + Consume d6 + Utensils Asset d10 = spending that Plot Point to keep an extra die, and getting a 20 with a d12 effect (d10 stepped up by Consume) and one opportunity.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
1 pp, 6xp

Galacta makes a face, the sort of face you realize when you've swallowed a bug alive. And now it's buzzing up inside her head. Well, certainly poorly thought-out eating habits are a staple of the Galactus family, even if that family is only about two wide plus a butler most of the time. Ugh, this is what it felt for DadG like to eat Poppup, I bet, ugh, cosmic cockney.

Still, precious little sustenance is still precious sustenance, but she can't swallow the pit, as it turns out. Covering her mouth for a moment, there's a flare of purple energy as she tries to spit out the sprite, coincidentally right in the general direction of a certain blue baddie. Ah, yes. The "regurgitation cosmic", as unpleasant as it is cosmic.

Trying to spit Skreet out for a bit of physical harm; Buddy d8 + Daughter of the Devourer d4 + Cosmic Supremacy 2d10 + Combat Mastery d8 + Utensils d10 = 17 with a d10 effect, and spending the PP just gained to add another d10 effect by launching her into the blue breakoutee.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
1 pp, 6xp

In response to Skreet, Galacta's response is a puzzled... "Yes?" Of course Galacta's invulnerable, but then the panic below her reminds her it's a fairly rare trait to possess.

o O (Well, you did give your word to the Worldmind, but on the other hand, this planet is a disaster magnet. I can hardly be blamed for things going doom-shaped thanks to a world putting a big red 'blow me up' star on its giant, Oz-esque head, can I?), Galacta ponders in picosecond-long thoughts. o O (But the idea of the cockney-tinged ancient WMD getting her way is a little too irritating.)

o O (Hey, Maroon Monkeycheese!), Galacta thought-memos towards Deadpool, acknowledging him for the first time. o O (Or whatever ridiculous nom de guerre you go by on Earth, if you can keep her occupied for a moment, I can keep you from becoming a shadow on the wall. Deal? Deal.)

She doesn't wait for the thought-reply, though, accelerating herself into high speed, aiming to try and snatch up the blue cyborg. o O (It's getting a little cliché of me to just fling things around like a pre-sapient, but like daddy said, you don't waste a good apocalypse.) Her aim is to hyperspeed her way off of Xandar and drop off the fusion-enabled prisoner into space... which happens to be occupied by an invasion fleet at the moment.

Going to try and transport the bomb into spaaace = Buddy d8 + Unlikely Guardian d8 + Godlike Reflexes 2d10 + Combat Expert d8 = 16 with a d10 effect and 1 opportunity. Willing to keep myself in the explosion's range if that'll help.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta, Facing the Wave
6xp, 1pp

Galacta watches the explosion for probably a few moments too long. o O (You know, when I tweeted about a big red target on Xandar, I was speaking metaphorically...), she quick-thinks, before slumping a little. o O (I'm never going to have that Brood breakfast now, am I? And now I'm suffering from some literal indisgestion after my last 'meal'.) She sighs, so caught up in her own gastronomic drama that she doesn't really notice the army of death getting ready to blaze away at her.

Buddy d8 + Unlikely Guardian d4 + Godlike Durability 2d10 + Combat Expert d8 = 7 with a d10 effect, so let's dump a PP to activate Invulnerability instead.

Looking over, she takes a few hits in surprise, one knocking her upside the hat, but swiftly manages to raise shield of flowing purple energy. o O (Wow. Really? You're really going to mess with the hat?) A toothy frown crosses her face as she stares down the feet. o O (You don't #$&*%%ing mess with the hat!), she snaps, before lashing out with her cosmic power, firing out swaths of pink-purple death that arc out into the universe.

Buddy d8 + Daughter of the Devourer d8 + Cosmic Blast 2d10 + Combat Expert d8 + Consume d6 = 18 with a d12 effect.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta, Over Delicious Xandar
6xp, 1pp

Slumping a little, Galacta stares out at the fleet as she gets a bit of breathing space... well, figuratively. o O (Seriously? I just saved the place twice today already, I can't just keep spoiling a biosphere or they'll turn into a damsel planet like Earth.) There's a pause, as she ponders all the ramifications of that choice, tapping her temple. o O (Ugh, okay, I can already sense Gabe and Pyre's rather disapproving frowns down that particular timeline.)

Wincing, she touches her stomach, though, as that intention is brought short. o O (Did I seriously burn off that proemial energy that quickly? All I can think of is BBQ brood...) A sigh, and then her thoughts go to the lessons from her past, why Galactus uses worldships and energy converters and punishers... o O (Okay, fine, dad, I'll do it your way.)

With that, she unfolds some Nullifiers. Superior Nullifiers, this time.

Gaining a PP and taking on the Limit. Trying to make an asset, using Team d8, Daughter of the Devourer d8, Cosmic Supremacy d10, Science Mastery 2d8 = 12 with a d10 effect, so I'll spend a PP to keep an extra die and make it 17 with a d12 effect.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta, Having a Gratituitous Space Battle
6xp, 17xp, 1pp, d12 Superior Nullifiers

Trying to dead off the bombardment from hundreds of miles off... well. That's certainly a challenge. Still, as Gali brings up hundreds of holographic displays, she tries to disable as many of the bombardment armaments as she can in moments, as well as trying to sear through anything large tumbling into orbit, as the black-light beams of the Nullifiers remove both particles and waves from existence.

o O (No doubt dad is probably going to give me the "let things pass as they should" speech again, as always.)

Team d8 + Unlikely Savior d4 + Cosmic Blast 2d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Superior Nullifiers d12 = 18 with a d8 effect and one opportunity to counter the Doom Pool increase, and 1PP is gained.

Calculating that sort of reaction, though, takes a lot of concentration. Though she tries to move out of the way of the bombardment, it's one reaction out of dozens going on that second, and several searing red rays lash cross her, scoring her armor with bright lines of heat. Thankfully, her armor protects her, but it's definitely worse for wear.

Team d8 + Unlikely Guardian d8 + Godlike Reflexes 2d8 + Combat Expert d8 = 13 with a 1d8 effect and one opportunity isn't going to cut it, so blowing the 1PP just gained for Invulnerability.

With that, her targeting shifts to aim at all of the ships that have targeted her, swinging the beams so fast they "bend" for a moment. She's not above some lethal spite, not that it's likely to discourage them.

Team d8 + Unlikely Savior d4 + Cosmic Blast d10 + Combat Expert d8 + Devour d6 + Superior Nullifiers d12 = 17 with a d12 effect and... one opportunity.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 13, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta and the Wave
17xp, 1pp, d12 Superior Nullifiers

As the ships refocus their final fire on Xandar, it at least gives Galacta seconds without being shot at to consider possible solutions to the beams striking the planet's shields:
  1. Intercept blasts directly and use her technology to diffuse the energy (likely to hurt vastly).
  2. Attempt to reinforce the shields using her own power (reliable, but stupid?).
  3. Destroying the massive conduits that tie Xandar together to try and transport at least a number of sections away (kind of defeatist?).
  4. Create sufficient debris from destroyed ships to slow the fleet's bombardment momentarily (throwing sand is not a lasting solution).
  5. Cause a manufactured supernova using a local star to eliminate the enemy fleet. (Very hungry, may not be a good idea on reflection-)
Moving through the bombardment's rain of light, her mind settles on a potential solution. Then, closing her eyes, she then uses her cosmic power to lance out at reality in a bright storm of purple energy before the conflagration tears open into void.

o o (Let's gather up the fabric of the universe... and... woila. Artificial wormhole. Brilliant, as long as I can keep my focus and stop thinking how they must taste just like crab...)

Rolling Team d8 + Unlikely Savior d8 + Cosmic Supremacy d10 + Science Master 2d8 = 15 with a d10 effect, so I'll spent my last PP to bump it up to a 20.

o O (... and handy, cheaty wormholes can open up just anywhere.)

And picoseconds after the conclusion of that though, the other end of the wormhole opens on the fleet's flank, warping the bombardment back around on the buggy bombardiers.

Counterattacking with Team d8 + Emotionally Volatile d4 + Cosmic Supremacy d10 + Science Master 2d8 = 16 with a d8 effect and 1 opportunity, and getting that PP back.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
20 xp, 1pp

Watching the 12 kilocalorie rocketman coming towards her, Galacta half-hears his words over his obvious scrumptiousness, in an entirely literal sense. The gnawing in her has gotten far worse, mainly on account of having to fight off an entire space fleet. As the hand comes at her, she flinches out of her trance, doubly so with the tweet coming up. Ugh, DadG jokes.

She looks at his hand for a moment, as if assessing risk, and then goes to shake it. "Gali, and-" Not much beating around the bush. "- the Worldmind promised lunch, I could really go for that before I... go." She, herself, looks shifty behind her helmet. "Destroying fleets does tend to leave me peckish.", she says embarrassedly, looking away to the burning wreckage tumbling through space.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta Over Xandar
21 xp, 1pp

"Huh." Galacta says in puzzlement at this response. "I'd heard that it was humans and the Acanti that blew up Broodworld, and Acanti are still thick with braggadacio. I imagine most races would get tired if their justifiably genocidal bragging if they actually spoke Acanti." She spreads her hands. "Also, they're genetically predisposed towards sadism and nonconsensual breeding and other intergalactic jackassery."

A slight pause, and then she just adds, "Can'ttalkneedsnacks." in about a half-second, before then just leaving a bright purple trail as she hyperspeeds towards her light meal. She may regret it later gusatorially, but it's time for Brood food.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 7, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta, A Very Special Episode of...
24 xp, 1pp

Ah, yes. Anthropomorphization, the backwards baseball cap of the cosmic set. "Daddy- what-", she starts, confused by her surroundings, before then giving a frown. "- this is taking the metaphor a wee bit far, I think." She rubs a temple, squinting. "You know Gabe 'n Pyre have been the hobos cosmic since you fired them, they don't need to be the Last Sons of Xandar, too.", she starts up defensively, before realizing with a hint of hesitation... "That is what you called me here about, right?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta... on Taa II? Sure, Taa II.
24 xp, 1pp

Squinting, Galacta is quiet for a moment. "The Essence? Noting the implied capitalization, there." She looks at the TV. "I can fathom they're probably upset with you for imprisoning them, whyever you did that." Spreading her hands, she shrugs as she turns to her father-equivalent. "And whatever new universe - old universe beef that led up to that." Thinking for a moment, she looks sidelong at Galactus, folding her arms. "Not thrilled with the need for power to break down to punching."

She puts a hand on her face. "They had a Chaos Sprite working with them, dad. Seriously got on my nerves. The Novas just threw her into a prison as if that was a worthwhile plan. Why does something from the beginning of the universe speak in cockney? Or am I just perceiving that as a psychic waveform of how annoying she is-" She pauses, and then looks to the TV again, "- so you're just going to take them on solo? Mano y duo?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta, Finding You Can Go Home Again
25 xp, 1pp

Galacta frowned quietly. If dad was asking for her help, that was a sure sign of his stiff-lipped seriousness. After all, their relationship broke down for a bit when she called him a "anti-anthropic singularity with delusions of consciousness". After thinking it over, "This doesn't change how I feel about you, but an invasive species on this level presages interstellar ecological collapse, and that doesn't do much for my feeding prospects in the long term."

Looking straight at her father, she says, "I'll look up your waitstaff and see who I can locate... well, probably not Tyros, who would turn against you for a fruit pie. Whatever's going on with your backstory, most of them don't deserve this."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta,
26 xp, 1pp

"I'm not doing this for you-", comes Galacta's instant response as she starts to lean forward in accusation, and then stands up straight as she tries to shake off her instant teenage reaction (just add parent). "- fine, I guess a sufficiently advanced conscience is indistinguishable from obedience, sometimes." She steps away, and pauses, seeming to relax. "Uh, dad, you... uh...?", she starts, as if concern is a little strange to express. I mean, it's weird to think Galactus as being in danger. I mean, there's just the time the In-Betweener nearly killed him... or the time he got chumped by Thanos... or by the Beyonder... or the Fantastic Four turned him into a human... or got killed by by an alliance of Earth's heroes and the Shi'ar...

... okay, maybe he does need a bit of help either all. "Take care, okay?", she says self-consciously.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta, Over Battlestar Godthab
26 xp, 1pp

Galacta is here.

Her cosmic awareness... once she filters out all the disasters and interstellar drama going on about, at least gives her a little thread of herald to zoom in on, warping from "home" to Nycos Aristedes in moments. As she comes in, though, she has to move to avoid a refugee ship, giving a wave to some very alarmed passengers. With that, though, she moves quickly though the traffic, making her way towards Firelord.

"Hey, Pyre." It's a habit of hers to use a herald's discarded name, on account of names like Firelord feeling a wee be presumptuous. Fire's notoriously bad at taking orders, for one. "Oh, wait, I should do that again.", she pauses, before outstretching her hand towards the stars. "Hold, for you stand in the mighty Gali's presence. I would have words with thee." She pauses, tapping her cheek. "Wait, that's thou, isn't it? Hm." The fine distinction seems to have left her distracted.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

26 xp, 1pp

Putting her hand to her hat as if checking her height, Gali says, "I'm a little smaller. I'm not as big on looking down on people as dad is." She squints a little at Stellaris, and then turns to her. "I'm Gali, not to be mistaken for a certain heartless world-eating cosmic beast, though I do have a similar sense for snazzy hats. So, purple, awesome color or best color?", she asks rhetorically.

It's always a little annoying for her to trudge through conversation with people, and so she gets down the important point. "So, how're you holding up, Pyre? Gabriel around?", she asks, extending her cosmic awareness momentarily before putting her hand to her temple and pulling it back. A bit too much panic and conflict to easily focus, and she isn't quite so skilled at narrowing things down. "Xandar evacuated when the wave came, because of mostly me, go me, but the Novas... Novae?... should be keeping them safe. Meanwhile, I'm looking to get into the business of cosmic pest control. I was hoping to find a few more of dad's exes, like you."

There's no answer in comix, but I'd presume most of the heralds would be at least aware of her in passing, but probably more when she grew up in dad's ship and wasn't quite so much of consequence, and might be less aware of her as an Earth-slumming cosmic defender.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

26 xp, 1pp

"Actually, we have a bigger problem than invasive species, at least in the disparate, if not the aggregate.", Gali says, pausing in thought. Was that just a bit too highfalutin'? Well, might as well roll with it.

"Behold!", she says, outstretching a flattened palm. "There are indeed those of the invaders that hunt those of the Power Cosmic for reasons unknown, but no doubt nefarious. But just as pressing is that destruction of the Kyln has unleashed a greater threat, the Proemial Gods, who seek revenge upon Galactus. Prithee, I call upon thine powers to aid the Cosmic Superbeast despite the fact that he is a heartless genocidal void (with a nice hat) but I do think him inclined to deceive in matters such as thee, this, whatever."

Galacta relaxes, holding up two fingers. "Two Galactus-equivalent beings have been loosed on the universe, and since three is incrementing way too high, ugh, one is too much as it is-" She says, conveniently leaving herself off that list. "- we need to get all of daddy's formers together again."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

27 xp, 1pp

"This isn't about dad!... well, I suppose it is." Galacta looks intensely sour at that admission. "But the Invasion is sending forces to take care of everybody who's worked for the Big Purple." She sighs, though as with much of her expressions, it's more the observers' perception of her cosmic perception interpreted by their brains into a gesture they can comprehend. Essentially a sigh, in any case. "Also: you're a big, flaming beacon staying around here. In case you want to think... about that. Or just think."

Irritation flows off of her as she barely even seems to acknowledge Stellaris, but she relents in her annoyance as she seems to realize something. "Did you really just leave Gabriel behind?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

27 xp, 1pp

Lifting her chin, Galacta's irises blaze with purple light as she stares at Firelord furiously. The frown is deep, to say the least.

Then she looks away, closing her eyes. "I'm just going to pretend very badly that you didn't say that, or anything even like that." She opens her eyes, looking sidelong at Firelord, before gesturing out towards open space as she looks away. "Maybe you said 'oh, Gali, thank you for preserving the grand majority, like 90% at least, of the sentient organic matter remaining on my birthworld! that was totally rockin' of you, y'know?'" A frustrated squint at the stars, and then she turns back to Firelord.

"There's one errand right now, and that's keeping a swarm of negative zone invaders and at least two near-abstract class cosmic entities from removing all native life from this dimension. I do not want to eat space bug for the rest of this universe's lifespan, which it turns out is a very long time, even for me." She sighs. "Earlier that put me on the same page as the Worldmind, and now Daddy, and pretty soon I'll be working on this errand for the majority of habitable systems and abstract concepts. Now-" She points a finger down at the station. "- if I can get the teeming organic mass down there working together towards their collective survival, would you be free to help find the other members of our extended family?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

27 xp, 1pp

"I do value their lives, you know, in an ethical and practical sense. I have a bit more abstract sympathy for the plight of endangered species than dad does, anyway...", Gali explains. "Unfortunately, the usual neurochemical makeup of most sentients often makes them slightly useless in aggregate, at least in high-pressure 'slash' doom situations, which is why they keep having to rely on megaxamples of their species' capabilities to get things done." She gestures to Stellaris. "So if you can-"

There's a freeze as she flickers, looking over the arriving arthrosian scouts, and pouts with irritation. This is what happens when she has to take her time having a discussion at organic timerates, the nanoseconds just fly past, with her getting hungrier every moment. Well, the inhabitants below are disorganized and quite doomed, but maybe she can manage to make them less doomed?

Then, she looks over to the Nova flailing into loops. Well, that explains the pricking on the edges of her Cosmic Awareness. "Well, they're doomed, let's go, Firelord...", she starts, before clarifying, "... is something you won't listen to, but I'm not really into these galactic slapfights, maybe you have a better ide-" She pauses, looking to Firelord, sifting through her dim memories of his previous bouts. Unpromising, to say the least.

With that, she makes her way over towards the looping Nova, her irritation fading into resignation. Was that the Worldmind? Great, that guy again.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

27 xp, 1pp

Galacta eyes Nova Cho for a moment, rolling her glowing eyes for a moment, and then floats over to him. Closer, it may be obvious that she's distinctly human-scale... well, aside from the hat, and mechanical vanes, which do have a tendency to make her look a little bigger... but human-scaled, nonetheless.

"I'm going to guess... that the zoom function on your helmet is still on, and I'm guessing from your Diptera-like wobbly flight that the helmet just went on.", she points out with a finger pointed at it... before unfolding her hand to rest it on her cheek. "Also, it looks like you have a giant Xandarian head inside your actual head, you might want to do something about it, it's a pretty bossy racial personification." She straightens up. "Helloo, Worldmind, what is it you want with me?", she says, fingertips to her chest. "Something to do with saving all of the biomass? Again? I hope this is all going in a big file marked 'reasons Gali is not like a certain other G'."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta, Battling Over Battlestar Godthab
27 xp, 1pp

Gali glares over at Firelord, the sort of glare that says:

I told you so.

I told you

So

Much

Mind, he's likely distracted from her frustrations, but telepathy at least helps cut through the unnoise of space. As the dog approaches her, she focuses on just charging her power like an EM field, a dogzapper of sorts to repel the hounds, but it's too late. The energy arcs over the Curr, but it its slowed, not stopped, and she manages to raise a hand to take the bite mostly on arm... and armor.

Using Team d6 + Daughter of the Devourer d8 + Cosmic Supremacy d10 + Cosmic Durability d10 + Combat Expert d8 = 9 with a 1d10 effect and two opportunities, wow. Blowing my last plot point for Invulnerability, then.

There's a moment as she focuses her power, and then just forces it out of the cracks in her armor, causing a small explosion where the hound sits on her on. "Off!", she calls out, before turning her baleful purple glare on the Seeker as she broadcasts on thoughtwaves openly. o O (All that cosmic power to be the distraction? Your cosmofractal patterns look like a child's scrawl... like what I used to do. It's a little embarrassing to look at...!), she muses, a little distracted from the irritation the cosmic dogs of destruction provide.

Using Team d6 + Emotionally Volatile d4 + Cosmic Blast d10 + Cosmic Supremacy d10 + Combat Expert d8 + Devour d6 = 14 with a 1d12 effect against the hound that attacked her, and regaining the plot point.

Edit: Oh, tagging potatocubed, BTW.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 10, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

27 xp, 3pp

"Hunters of the Power Cosmic? You can't hunt a natural force-", Gali starts "aloud", looking annoyed. With a burst of speed, she sways away from he tendrils, dashing faster than they can flow outward. o o (- ugh, trying to understand your marginally sentient banter is seriously irritating. Despite my relatively miniscule levels of cosmic power [thanks for the crappy allowance, dad!], it is still Cosmic Power...), she ponders out loud.

Rolling to avoid getting tangled - Team d6 + Unlikely Guardian d8 + Godlike Reflexes d10 + Space Flight d10 + Combat Expert d8 = 17 with a d10 effect.

As the threads start to falter, she reaches out, letting one of the threads snatch her palm, and then yanks it in turn. Thankfully, she's wearing gloves. Of a sort. o O (Also, you can't drag in space...) She then darts away towards the other Seeker with the tendril, whipping past the energy leashes of the Seeker firing on Novamadeus, slowing just enough to tease the bounds, then using her hyperspeed reflexes to dart over towards the Seeker facing her, slipping between his leashes. It's an obvious attempt to tangle up the two Seeker's respective cosmic constructs only slowing enough to smirk for a moment at him. o O (... you pull.), she snarks as she pulls free of the lash.

First, using a PP to add a d10 Tangled complication to the Seeker attacking her from her Reaction Roll above, and then rolling to add a Tangled complication to the Seeker facing Amadeus. Team d6 + Unlikely Guardian d8 + Cosmic Supremacy d10 + Godlike Strength d10 + Combat Expert d8 = 15 with a d10 effect.

Tagging Amadeus Amadeus, Amadeus.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

27 xp, 2 pp

o O (Huh. Certainly !bad. Most Novas are just missiles with sentience. Quantum awareness?), Gali communicates over in the direction of Nova Prime, before looking over her shoulder as the fleet starts warp in. And then starts to turn in her direction. Ugh. Were it not for all the sentients present, she might just turn and try and finish this... but extinction = bad, she has to remind herself. Wormhole it is, then. Thankfully, she's been practicing lately.

The vanes on her back, unfold into a series of projectors, glowing with cosmic energy. o O (Right, wormhole, I just need somebody Nova-sized to shove our ark off. Note that your mythical Noah was slightly more efficient in regards to species preservation, of course.) The energy blasts out into the void as Galacta tries to shear space and time in a manner akin to (macroscaled) surgery.

Team d6 + Unlikely Guardian d8 + Cosmic Supremacy d12 + Teleport d12 (spending a PP to add) + Science Master d10 = 20 with a d12 effect and 1 opportunity to start whipping up a wormhole!.
Also tagging Cho.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 5, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

27 xp, 2 pp

Galacta sees Nova open the way, so she turns her attention back to the fleet. o O (To: Wave: Please do take the time to come after me, and please ignore the civilians exiting the stage. Thank you for your egregious single-mindedness, while I convert your annoying material forms to more aesthetically-pleasing plasma!) Her shoulder-borner weaponry comes to bear, switching its frequency from rending space to rending matter. In myriad directions, she lashes out with miles-long beams of purple energy, blossoming out as she tries to stop the advance of the fleet on her own.

Well, aside from all the heroic boarding actions.

Still, the wave is relentless, and it's not a question of destroying ships, but can she destroy them fast enough?

Rolling to reduce the timer for the Fleet's arrival: Buddy d8 + Daughter of the Devourer d8 + Cosmic Blast d10 + Cosmic Senses d10 + Combat Expert d8 = Spending 1 PP (leaving her with 1 PP total) to keep an extra effect die for a 21 with a d10 effect and one opportunity, hoping my effect result steps up the effect to reduce the timer. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

27 xp, 1 pp

First, let's knock off a 1d6 Doom Die as her weakness is activated!

Clutching her stomach instinctively - a symbolic gesture, given her lack of stomach or biological digestion (gross, seriously) - a hunger pang wracks Galacta- no, she hasn't eaten enough. Not nearly enough. And it's certainly distracting - enough to that though she avoids taking most of the main guns from the battlecruiser, she is battered pretty hard. Thankfully, she's harder, but that's less true with each ebbing moment.

Rolling to avoid getting blasted: Buddy d8 + Unlikely Guardian d8 + Godlike Reflexes d8 + Godlike Durability d8 + Combat Expert d8 = 11 with a d8 effect. Nope! Spending her last PP to ward off physical stress via Invulnerability.

Then, she gets pulled by the tractor beam, and between the gunfire and the gravitic pull, her hat goes free. o O (What?! No! Hat! Hat! Hat!) is all she manages to think "aloud" as she's pulled away, reaching towards her tumbling headpiece as she's parted from her. Her long black hair tumbles free, and she turns to orient towards the Annilhilator - perhaps too late.

Rolling to avoid getting tugged. Buddy d8 + Unlikely Guardian d4 + Cosmic Strength d10 + Combat Expert d8 = 7 with a d8 effect and 1 opportunity. Nope! Taking a d12 Tractor Beam'd Complication and gaining a PP.

Turning about, rather than resist the Annihilator first, she turns towards it. o O (Really don't like interacting with you on a physical level, it's... annoyingly deterministic, but...) Then using the speed of the tractor beam, she rushes at the massive ship, slingshotting herself into one dramatic hypervelocity punch.

Combat is sometimes just applied physics.

Rolling to punch a battleship! Buddy d8 + Emotionally Unstable d4 + Cosmic Strength d10 + Science Master 2d8 = 16 with a d8 effect, but let's up the dramatic ante. Adding in the d12 Complication as a stunt for another d12 spending the PP recently gained above, and making it 16 with a d12 effect. And that will take her out of the fight for the moment as it bumps over d12, at least until the complication is dealt with. And... she gains 1 PP, and I'll tag Cho.

• Locked thread