Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Reporting that I played with no problems yesterday afternoon. No tears here. Game is loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please rename the thread to: GTA Online - :qq:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

santanotreal posted:

Speaking of heists, are NPCs going to be hired help for them like in single player? Or has rockstar even said anything about them yet?

Yes they made an entire online mode so you could play it exactly the same as single player. Because that makes sense.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How do I get my car back through insurance?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lost my first character. :( I was only level 13 but drat that sucks. Gonna wait a few days and hope he shows up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

stuart scott irl posted:

Man, survivals are really fun. Take a bit long given the payout though.

Whats the highest wave goons have gotten to? I rarely make it past wave 7 with pubbies, but that pays out a cool 14 grand.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DailyDumSum posted:

This might be one of the more stupid questions in this thread, but I just can't find a definite answer.

My friend is on the XBOX 360 while I'm on the PS3. He insist that since GTA Online is on the same servers, that as long as we are in the same crew/friends in the Social Club, he should be able to join my sessions.

I said he's stupid and proceed to mention that other than FF online, there's never been any real cross-platform multi-player. However, I can't seem to use google to find a definite answer that XBOX and PS3 characters can't play in the same sessions. Help me out!

Your friend is an idiot.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sylink posted:

I finally got into online and wow does this suck poo poo. After a too long intro sequence I got to enjoy being plopped into some random game.

Texture pop in was awful and the lower amount of npc traffic combined with matrix level cops is unpleasant as gently caress. I wish they had rolled in all these little repeatable missions and marked theft targets on the map in single player, instead.

Not going to bother with this poo poo, maybe it will be better on PC but I doubt it.

Yeah this poo poo sucks, sell your game back.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

Everybody have to do survival just to keep the miniguns they pick up for pubbie fun in freeroam.

Speaking of this, how come you get to keep the minigun, but nothing else? I'd like to have an advanced rifle for free roam!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

Pay Rockstar.

This isn't even in the game yet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Boohoo I lose 2k for dying and I cannot spare 30 loving seconds to rob a store or sell a car to get my money back this game is terrible! :qq:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd also like to know if stealth actually affects anything in this here game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Reeoorb posted:

Protip: You are not entitled to anything (except loving right off), your opinion doesn't matter, no one cares.

New thread title right here.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have to be the only person who doesn't give a poo poo about a $2000 penalty for dying. You can rob a store in less than 30 seconds and you get between $1000-2000. Survival missions routinely pay 15-20k. What's the problem?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 9, 2013

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pleads posted:

You're ignoring time spent losing the cops, and the fact you can die twice in less than 30 seconds.

The point is, unless you are dying once every 5 minutes for hours one end, this shouldn't be a problem. If you are dying twice in less than 30 seconds what the gently caress is wrong with you?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

"Because it's there" isn't a good reason to have things that obviously bother people who aren't you, though.

IMHO you're playing GTA wrong if there are never times when you die every 5 minutes for a few hours.

In order for this to happen you would have to die and immediately upon leaving the hospital, start shooting everything in sight and let the cops kill you without putting up a fight. And constantly repeat. Hell, most police chases last 5-10 minutes. Unless you are just actively looking to die, this should not be happening.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

It's a long workaround for something that is highly unnecessary. I shouldn't need to have a helicopter to rob stores just for fear of dying.

I shouldn't need to go to a private session to avoid losing 6k in 30 minutes.

You are bad at this game. Maybe once you get better you wont die every time you see another player/cop.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rakthar posted:

You sure seem to be spending a whole lot of time and energy trying to convince people that [being bothered about something that doesn't bother you personally] is dumb and a waste of time and energy.

Good luck in your quest!

Would you say it's a similar amount of time as the people trying to convince me that they this game is too hard for them?

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Congratulations you are better at the videogame than he is, but somehow you still haven't explained what purpose a death penalty in freemode (the mode where you are supposed to run around like a retard blowing things up and ruining each others' fun) serves

It's part of the game. Suck it up and deal with it like every single other person who plays this game. You could have made $2k back in the time it took to cry about losing $2k on an online message board. Jesus.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

BECAUSE

Alternatively: The company that spent $250 million dollars creating the game said so. :dealwithit:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

Yes, because you can tell how good I am at the game because of what I post on the forums. You are bad at discussing things on the internet.

I just assume anyone crying about losing $2000 is terrible at this game. Seems like a safe bet.

Hatbox Ghost posted:

The other reason is because the whining is funny.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LISTEN BRO. YOU ARE TELLING PEOPLE THEIR OPINIONS ARE WRONG AND THAT HURTS THEIR FEELINGS! STOP DOING THAT AND TELL THEM THEY ARE RIGHT!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Aurain posted:

It wouldn't discourage anything, it's not hard to die, it's not hard to kill someone by mistake, and if you're looking to grief people, it's undoing several hours of work when you kill someone.

Which is what makes their tears so much tastier :getin:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure if 5 or 10 more people complain about their measly $2000 loss from dying Rockstar will patch it out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

BobKnob posted:

How do you get your collectors edition cars like the Hotknife in Online?

I could be wrong but I think they show up as free on the car dealership website.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mitt Romney posted:

You complain more than anyone in this thread.

You keep using this word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Vietnamwees posted:

So uh this game has no idle detection, or maybe it just doesn't care if you do idle. I had to step away for like 15 minutes and I was still in my friends lobby and when I got back I was idling forward in a jet during an air race.

I've been booted for idling too long, so there definitely is.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I didn't see this question answered so I will ask it. When should we expect to receive our $500,000 settlement?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Harmonica posted:

Some were wondering, it seems like level 25 is the milestone for the cargobob no longer spawning. Just hit it and Sandy Shores is only giving me Titans. Goodbye most fun chopper :(

I thought level 25 is when it STARTS spawning? I'm level 21 and I'm yet to see one.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can anyone confirm what level the Cargobob starts showing up at? I'm level 21 and have spent 10 minutes re-spawning helicopters and haven't seen it once.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What level can you host base invader missions?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm level 33. How do I start a Base Invaders game? It doesn't show up on my job list, and I never get an invite to it from anyone. Is it gone forever once I do it once?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gentwise posted:

Because I've played 40+ races andhaven't placed 1st yet. Is it just going to get harder as more of the competition gets the upgrades?

Ouch... maybe just invite a friend and trade wins back and forth. How do you not win once just by sheer luck?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Its pretty easy to spot the people in this thread who abused the glitch.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chard posted:

Are rewards from Crate Drops permanent?

Nope

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone doing Rooftop Rumble? Invite me! GT: R Carr

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TheRationalRedditor posted:

That solo tactic someone posted a few pages back was great. You fly there on the far end of the runway, run over by those bleachers, snipe the 2 guys guarding the far plane with one bullet, run up to the jet and C4 it, steal the jeep that's there, and drive by sticky the remaining 2 while being shot ineffectively. Very fun.

Why do you guys keep saying the "far end" of the runway? The jet with the 2 soldiers and the jeep beside it is on the NEAR end... the far end would be where the lone jet sits and there is no jeep there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I compulsively max out all my ammo before missions. I have a problem...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Nobody's using it in the context of replay, they're using it in the context of "Rockstar nerfed deja vu'd my glitch sot!"

It makes absolutely no sense.

No they aren't.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kid Gloves posted:

So what's the point of putting your money in the bank?

I haven't found one yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can you light a gas trail by dropping a cigarette butt? That would be truly bad-rear end.

• Locked thread