Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Kanpachi posted:

I am still unable to find any of these supposedly random postgame Mega Stones and I'm kinda bummed about it.

Have you talked to your rival in Kiloude Town? They should be at the top of the town. Battle and beat them and they'll send you to see Sycamore, who'll upgrade your Mega Ring to detect hidden Mega Stones between 8pm and 9pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Does anyone know if you can get X exclusive pokemon's megastones in Y and vise versa? Because then getting all the megas would be a huuuuge pain.

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy

E3 Keynote posted:

Did you upgrade your dumb mega bracelet thing? Also apparently it's time dependant. 8-9 PM.

:doh: Guess I'll scour the game again this evening.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sprite141 posted:

Does anyone know if you can get X exclusive pokemon's megastones in Y and vise versa? Because then getting all the megas would be a huuuuge pain.

Aggron and Tyranitar's are for sure in the opposite version that they appear in. And while you can trade the stones, I'm pretty sure you only get one per file.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sprite141 posted:

I think that's how it works. You get, say, Aggron in X, and Aggronite in Y, and vice versa for Tyranitar, for example.

Edit: Beaten, and with the same example to boot.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 11, 2013

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
So I can't find it anywhere, does X and Y have the seasons from B/W? Or the day/night cycle? Or both?

I miss the day/night cycle and staying up late to catch some pokemon. Although on the other hand it meant I mostly caught nocturnal pokemon and had to go out of my way to catch the day ones, since I'm usually up late.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

E3 Keynote posted:

Did you upgrade your dumb mega bracelet thing? Also apparently it's time dependant. 8-9 PM.
That's an oddly specific condition.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Let the Flareon users have their moment in the sun.

Vaporeon supremacy :smug:
I dislike eeveolutions in general, but good job on picking the least baf one.
gently caress Vaporeon under rain

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy
Day and night schedule seems to be around. Atleast, I'm convinced it's darker in battle when I'm playing late at night!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

E3 Keynote posted:

Oh god it's Mew's truck all over again, but might actually be true. Gamefreak!

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Zore posted:

I don't think Mega evolutions are going to be as scary as people think. Mega Alakazam, for instance, is almost certainly not going to be as good as Magic Guard Alakazam with a Life Orb etc.

Tons of regular pokemon are still going to curbstomp them, if only because they can use things like Choice items (which are a bigger boost than any Mega form we know of bar Mawile).

The scary part is that they can practically be both.

Your opponent can send out an Alakazam, and you'll have no idea whether its carrying a Focus Sash, Life Orb, or Alakazite until it acts or you scout it out. The unknown factor is a huge amount of pressure and an advantage in all mega-evo's favor. I imagine we'll start seeing competitive teams who carry multiple pokemon who have the ability to mega-evolve, even though you can only have one mega-evolution in a team (I think that's what I read?), just to keep the opponent on edge.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Livingtrope posted:

Oh god it's Mew's truck all over again, but might actually be true. Gamefreak!

You go with the fake Mew's Truck instead of the actual 'This pokemon can only be found rarely in four randomized tiles of water' or 'Have a party that starts with a Wailord and ends with a Relincanth to open this rock'?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

E3 Keynote posted:

Day and night schedule seems to be around. Atleast, I'm convinced it's darker in battle when I'm playing late at night!

Well, Black/White had night, but it didn't effect pokemon spawns AFAIK.

Any reference to seasons yet? Do the trees have noticeable seasons?

I prefer the day/night to seasons anyways, since the seasons weren't tied to real world time. I'm curious how X&Y do it.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 11, 2013

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I have never played a Pokemon game before (First came out when I was a too-cool-for-kiddie-games 14 year-old). But I'm sitting on that $30 eshop credit from the Fire Emblem/SMT IV deal and the latter game has revealed an itch I never thought I had. An itch for digitally hoarding fictional creatures.

Guess I know what I'll be doing at midnight tonight!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Hey Hammerite, you forgot Aerodactyl in the list of mega evolves.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

HeyItsAyls posted:

Have you talked to your rival in Kiloude Town? They should be at the top of the town. Battle and beat them and they'll send you to see Sycamore, who'll upgrade your Mega Ring to detect hidden Mega Stones between 8pm and 9pm.

Oh, wow, the first time that got said in the last thread, I just assumed the guy was making a joke. It didn't occur to me that was actually how it would work. :(

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I have never played a Pokemon game before (First came out when I was a too-cool-for-kiddie-games 14 year-old). But I'm sitting on that $30 eshop credit from the Fire Emblem/SMT IV deal and the latter game has revealed an itch I never thought I had. An itch for digitally hoarding fictional creatures.

Guess I know what I'll be doing at midnight tonight!

Pokemon is cool at any age :colbert:

Also, does anyone know Mega Aerodactyl's stats?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Nickname Pending posted:

Pokemon is cool at any age :colbert:

Also, does anyone know Mega Aerodactyl's stats?

It has 130 base attack and 150 base speed. Dunno about the rest (does it matter?)

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

80/135/85/70/95/150. Seriously, use the data collection thread on Smogon.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

... Seriously? It's even French so it fits right in.

I'm kind of impressed. Still not going to use it.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

... Seriously? It's even French so it fits right in.

I'm kind of impressed. Still not going to use it.

Arguably, the Z legendary fits more with this legend than Goomy does. Both could have been inspired by it.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Serebii posted:

The baby Kangaskhan high fives the mother when the Mega Evolution happens.
:3:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone know if it's possible to get a shiny starter? If so would it appear shiny on the screen where you select the mon or only after?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

qnqnx posted:

Even if that is whst you want it to be, Flareon will always be a slow, frail, useless piece of poo poo.

Trick Room :getin:

Gunna use Flareon now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

You go with the fake Mew's Truck instead of the actual 'This pokemon can only be found rarely in four randomized tiles of water' or 'Have a party that starts with a Wailord and ends with a Relincanth to open this rock'?

Until the rumor is confirmed, it's Mew's truck to me :colbert:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Avalerion posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to get a shiny starter? If so would it appear shiny on the screen where you select the mon or only after?

It's possible, but I'm not certain if the selection screen would reflect it.

Arkanterian
Oct 1, 2013
That Mega-Alakazam look Hillarious.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Houndoom is another cross-pollination Mega Evolution - it's X-exclusive but Houndoominite is only found in Y.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Crosscontaminant posted:

Houndoom is another cross-pollination Mega Evolution - it's X-exclusive but Houndoominite is only found in Y.

Okay, Literally Satan might have a place on my team.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Crosscontaminant posted:

:drat:
I love how the megas either look badass (Aggron, Houndoom, etc.) or silly (Heracross).

I want to see a Pokemon get even more cuddly and happy when it mega-evolves. :3:

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Tragically, "Literal Satan" is one character too long.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
This cross-game Mega Stone thing is so weird.

At least it means I get to lord my sweet Aggronite over all my loser friends with X (and then beg them for an Aron so I can actually use it)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Solumin posted:

:drat:
I love how the megas either look badass (Aggron, Houndoom, etc.) or silly (Heracross).

I want to see a Pokemon get even more cuddly and happy when it mega-evolves. :3:

Mega Goodra?

Maybe in the next game. :3:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Crosscontaminant posted:

Tragically, "Literal Satan" is one character too long.

Take away the space and you're golden.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Crosscontaminant posted:

Guess they threw it a bone, and it ended enveloping it.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 3, 2014

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Zore posted:

Aggron and Tyranitar's are for sure in the opposite version that they appear in. And while you can trade the stones, I'm pretty sure you only get one per file.

That bites, but I'm hoping for some way to get the opposite megastones without having to trade mine away. May have to wait for someone to gameshark them in though.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Nahxela posted:

Take away the space and you're golden.

Embrace your inner 90's RPG Translator and give that Dog the name it deserves!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Inspector Zenigata posted:

It's very possible, but incredibly improbable. I doubt it'd show up as shiny in the selection screen.

Edit: wow I was beaten, jesus christ. I thought I refreshed more recently than I did.

I'm glad I'm getting both version, I'm gonna be able to fix the dumb mega exclusivity thing between the two.

It's not that dumb. All you have to do is get someone to trade you one and then BAM infinite Houndooms.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Mega Goodra?

Maybe in the next game. :3:

:kimchi:

it just megavolves into a pile of Goomy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Greninja has really grown on me. I think I like him better now than any of the gen V final forms, gross tongue thing and all. 12 more hours :woop:

• Locked thread