Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He alive, drat it! It's a miracle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

That is...woof. I'm super excited for Luke Cage but those are nooooooooooooot good opening credits. Especially after marathonning S1 of JJ, which might have the best superhero TV show opening credits ever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope everybody is ready for the best comic book related thing you will ever watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xERll3T6S4E

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Does anyone know when Luke cage is being released on Netflix? A person in another thread was asking but tbh i have no idea

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

Does anyone know when Luke cage is being released on Netflix? A person in another thread was asking but tbh i have no idea

The 30th.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

That is...woof. I'm super excited for Luke Cage but those are nooooooooooooot good opening credits. Especially after marathonning S1 of JJ, which might have the best superhero TV show opening credits ever.

I enjoyed fast forwarding through them every time.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

The 30th.

Lol excuse me, i mean what time. Like midnight tonight or some other time?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

site posted:

12:01am PDT, so about 5 hrs?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

redbackground posted:

I enjoyed fast forwarding through them every time.

Netflix automatically does the thing where if you select play next ep they just cut from end of credits, right?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Netflix automatically does the thing where if you select play next ep they just cut from end of credits, right?

Not if there's footage before the credits.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

muscles like this? posted:

12:01am PDT, so about 5 hrs?

ty

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Have a track from the Luke Cage soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOvjL1uQThE

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Luke Cage is up now if anyone's waiting. I don't think I've ever been this excited to watch a tv show.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Watched the first episode, loved it. I'll check out more in the next few days, but it has a spaghetti western (even music cues that mimic Enio Morricone) feel to it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What are the general spoiler rules for this thread? Same as the tviv threads where it's spoiler blocks until Monday?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

site posted:

What are the general spoiler rules for this thread? Same as the tviv threads where it's spoiler blocks until Monday?

I don't think there is a general rule, but for Netflix shows, which are 13 episodes at once, maybe spoiler major stuff for a week just out of courtesy? Lots of people aren't going to be able to blaze through 13 episodes in 2 and a half days.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That actually works better for me i probably won't get farther than two or three eps this weekend :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Without spoiling anything Luke Cage's slowly growing beard during the flash back sequences is pretty amazing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

72 hours I believe

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Just finished episode 2, it's really good, it's got a nice slow burn going on.

Kingtheninja posted:

Watched the first episode, loved it. I'll check out more in the next few days, but it has a spaghetti western (even music cues that mimic Enio Morricone) feel to it.

It does! I've been liking the music, it really helps give this a different feel than Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

catlord posted:

Just finished episode 2, it's really good, it's got a nice slow burn going on.

It does! I've been liking the music, it really helps give this a different feel than Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

I'm further along in the series, and it's definitely a slow burn. poo poo starts getting real and kicking up around episode seven.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Cythereal posted:

I'm further along in the series, and it's definitely a slow burn. poo poo starts getting real and kicking up around episode seven.

You're at least 8 hours in already?

Get a job hippie!

or go to bed.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Get a job hippie!

Believe me, I'm trying. :(

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Cythereal posted:

Believe me, I'm trying. :(

I'm just jealous that I'm only 2 episodes in so far. (Definitely a slow burn, but really digging it. Sound design is amazing.)

My only complaint: How is a guy with two jobs, a lovely apartment, no debts, and no kids, just barely making rent?!?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I'm just jealous that I'm only 2 episodes in so far. (Definitely a slow burn, but really digging it. Sound design is amazing.)

My only complaint: How is a guy with two jobs, a lovely apartment, no debts, and no kids, just barely making rent?!?

He only takes jobs that pay under the table, which means poo poo wages.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

He only takes jobs that pay under the table, which means poo poo wages.

Plus he lives in NYC even Harlem is expensive as gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm only just starting on LC but holy crap, Simone Missick (Misty Knight) is so goddamned beautiful.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Rhyno posted:

I'm only just starting on LC but holy crap, Simone Missick (Misty Knight) is so goddamned beautiful.

This is the truth right here. She's stunning in the first episode (obviously all the others as well but first ep is particularly memorable).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like this so far, just through episode 4. But it's really making me wish that Danny was around already. I can't wait for the Iron Fist series.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

After not skipping the opening 7 episodes in a row I can safely say that this is a bad opinion.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Codependent Poster posted:

I like this so far, just through episode 4. But it's really making me wish that Danny was around already. I can't wait for the Iron Fist series.

Now, you're going to be mad at Luke Cage. Apparently, Iron Fist was supposed to have this release slot, but got pushed back because they wanted to fast track Luke Cage after Jessica Jones.

Netflix's Luke Cage Delayed Iron Fist Series, According To Showrunner Cheo Coker

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/09/28/luke-cage-delayed-iron-fist-according-to-cheo-coker/

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
On episode 2, is turk the constant in these marvel Netflix shows? Love it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kingtheninja posted:

On episode 2, is turk the constant in these marvel Netflix shows? Love it.

Him, Claire Temple and Jeri Hogarth (Carrie Ann Moss) so far. I'm sure we'll start to see more and more of the side characters popping up across the various shows.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rhyno posted:

Him, Claire Temple and Jeri Hogarth (Carrie Ann Moss) so far. I'm sure we'll start to see more and more of the side characters popping up across the various shows.

Hogarth doesn't show up in Luke Cage, sad to say. No LGBT people of any kind in this series, though I know a couple of people who thought Claire and Misty Knight had some chemistry during the one episode where they interact.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Claire kinda seems like she's flirting with everyone she talks to in this series. I guess Dawson got tired of being The Grumpy One.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Luke Cage: There's some ... suggesting that Cottonmouth is gay, or bi, from the vibe I got. Which isn't an improvement, of course.

There are some things that are implied but never said expicitly, but the above is a matter of interpretation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cythereal posted:

Hogarth doesn't show up in Luke Cage, sad to say. No LGBT people of any kind in this series, though I know a couple of people who thought Claire and Misty Knight had some chemistry during the one episode where they interact.

She's supposed to be in Iron Fist (she's a gender swapped version of an existing IF character) but she's not listed on IMDB yet.

I've also been told (by white people) that I'm too white to really enjoy Luke Cage.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ufarn posted:

Luke Cage: There's some ... suggesting that Cottonmouth is gay, or bi, from the vibe I got. Which isn't an improvement, of course.

There are some things that are implied but never said expicitly, but the above is a matter of interpretation.

Eh, I didn't get that implication. I think it was mostly from Cottonmouth just being an affable, classy guy with more charisma than the rest of the cast put together minus Claire.

Rhyno posted:

I've also been told (by white people) that I'm too white to really enjoy Luke Cage.

I'm as white as they come and I enjoyed Luke Cage. I don't think it's the best of the Marvel Netflix, but not the worst and I appreciated that the show is a very black show. My complaints boil down to thinking Diamondback was a huge mistake and wishing they'd focused more on Cottonmouth throughout the show's run.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Cythereal posted:

No LGBT people of any kind in this series
To be clear, there was the callboy in Mama Mabel's apartment in the flashback. Not that this is...much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm really enjoying Luke Cage but I can't help but think a show with the Hero For Hire gimmick would've been more fun.