Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Gaz-L posted:

Uh... So Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Greg Berlanti are making an Archie TV show.

The Twin Peaks comment both intrigues (Archie's been pretty good at reaching outside it's comfort zone lately) and worries me, considering well... it could end up ACTUALLY competing with Twin Peaks' third season.

The words "Behind SPiderman, Turn off the Dark" fills me with Ennui.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

muscles like this? posted:

Morena Baccarin has joined the cast of Gotham as Dr Leslie Thompkins.

I'll be in my bunk.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

To be fair, he's the one they brought in to fix it after what's-her-name made it into a trainwreck.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

jscolon2.0 posted:

I'll be in my bunk.

To post insane ramblings about Obama?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

To post insane ramblings about Obama?

#gamergate

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bunnyofdoom posted:

The only thing I know Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa from is his Marvel Knights Fantastic Four series which I greatly enjoyed.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Should I be glad that I'm not getting this reference?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Should I be glad that I'm not getting this reference?

They think you're a sexest rear end in a top hat, not quoting Firefly. I'll be honest, it took me a minute to catch your reference.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

They think you're a sexest rear end in a top hat, not quoting Firefly. I'll be honest, it took me a minute to catch your reference.

Nah we were just both making fun of Adam Baldwin whose character said that line.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

greatn posted:

Nah we were just both making fun of Adam Baldwin whose character said that line.

Ahh, that makes even more sense. I knew it was a Firefly line, just couldn't remember who said it.

I tend to ignore the politics of celebrities, because as a huge fan of both Woody Allen and Roman Polanski, getting upset over Adam Baldwin being a sexist rear end in a top hat seems a little disingenuous of myself.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I assume you're also a huge fan of Bill Cosby and the dad from 7th Heaven

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

greatn posted:

I'm really glad I made the choice to stop paying attention to IRL Adam Baldwin things so that I can continue to enjoy Firefly & Chuck without guilt.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I would watch an Adam Baldwin Punisher series, even if he made Ted Nugent look like a liberal.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

greatn posted:

I assume you're also a huge fan of Bill Cosby and the dad from 7th Heaven

Bill Cosby is pretty funny, I never watched 7th Heaven. Jeffrey Jones is a pretty good actor, and was great on Deadwood.
Should we expel Thriller from the canon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I like Aguirre-Sacasa's work in comics, especially his work on Archie, but on TV, he wrote for Glee. D: But hey, I guess other good writers got absorbed into Glee before so that's not necessary a damning thing.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Writing for Glee makes someone more suitable for a live action Archie, not less!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I would watch the gently caress out of that Archie show if it was a 50s period bubblegum setting. They'll probably just make it modern day and it'll just be like any other teen drama though.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Does anyone know if they reshot enough of the Constantine pilot to make it watchable? We got 15 minutes into the leaked version over the summer and had to shut it off.

She loves Supernatural and the Constantine movie, I liked the movie, and have a passing knowledge of the comic books (I read some old Lucifer and Hellblazer collections when I was a teenager), so by all means it should be right up our alley, but she immediately latched onto his lack of smoking, and that first exorcism scene was too hammy for either of us...

Edit: fixing autocorrected words.

Tuxedo Jack fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 24, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I thought that pilot was garbage too, and they're evidently retooling some stuff, but I wouldn't expect it to change massively. It is just a pilot though, so the show could improve, but as is it just seems like a way shittier version of Supernatural.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why can't they just let him smoke. :(

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

Bill Cosby is pretty funny, I never watched 7th Heaven. Jeffrey Jones is a pretty good actor, and was great on Deadwood.
Should we expel Thriller from the canon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

Thriller is from before Pepsi lit his face on fire and gave him brain damage, so its alright.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

It's still directed by a child murderer though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

It's still directed by a child murderer though.

Look I'm not pro child murder, but if that's the cost to make something like Thriller...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It wasn't murder murder, just negligent homicide.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

greatn posted:

It wasn't murder murder, just negligent homicide.

Depraved indifference, that's murder two.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Lyndsy Fonseca joins Agent Carter.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23530/marvels_agent_carter_rounds_out_cast_with_lyndsy_fonseca#ixzz3H5TTv5WN

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

People don't smoke on tv any more.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Lurdiak posted:

Why are you hung up on him smoking on screen?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

SirDan3k posted:

Why are you hung up on him smoking on screen?

I keep hearing that smoking is a defining characteristic of the character.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Madkal posted:

I keep hearing that smoking is a defining characteristic of the character.

It's a tell of his self-destructive lifestyle and he still smokes, he just doesn't smoke on screen. Or he's developed the habit of holding lit cigarettes and putting them out in ashtrays.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

SirDan3k posted:

Or he's developed the habit of holding lit cigarettes and putting them out in ashtrays.

He can quit any time he wants!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To tie it back to other comic book shows, what if last season on Arrow, they'd done the 'Laurel's an addict' story, but literally never showed her drinking or taking painkillers? Not just showed it kinda sloppily, like they did, but she never did anything but drink tea on screen.

That's what smoking's become, it's gone from 'don't glamourise it' to 'never EVER show it, even if there's dire consequences'. And if they do the lung cancer story, it's going to be absurd.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

It's gone that way because most networks are sure that within the next couple of years the standards are going to come down even harder on smoking and drinking and they don't want to hurt syndication profits by having to edit chunks of dialogue out. Blame Madmen for reinvigorating crazy parent movements.

Before it comes up, Yes I get that cable won't really have to change poo poo but even after decades none of the parent groups seem to grasp that.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Oct 25, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh hell yes! in on ground floor.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

IGN just posted a rumor that Goyer might be working on a Gothen inspired "before Superman" show for Superman without Superman.

What

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Bring back John Glover as Lionel Luther and I'd watch another 10 seasons.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

omg chael crash posted:

IGN just posted a rumor that Goyer might be working on a Gothen inspired "before Superman" show for Superman without Superman.

What

I loving called it. The Kents, where Jonathan and Martha have to keep their organic farm alive competing with agro giant Lexanto.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

greatn posted:

I loving called it. The Kents, where Jonathan and Martha have to keep their organic farm alive competing with agro giant Lexanto.

It's actually Krypton.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

It's actually Krypton.

Oh well that'd be ok actually. Though I'd think kind of expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

greatn posted:

Oh well that'd be ok actually. Though I'd think kind of expensive.

In this universe, Krypton looks suspiciously like Vancouver.