Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

David Cross for...um....gently caress if I kjow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Oh man, I look so forward to whoever they cast for Tommy Elliot.

(Seriously, I really hate how Gotham has gone from what was described as Gotham Central the series to Smallville but with Batman)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Just got home from TWS, and the way I see it, AoS has two choices, based on the imaginary lines I'm giving Coulson here.

1. "Well, yeah, our HQ got blown up, but look at all the facilities we got still that we have visited this year alone. So, it's business as usual guys."

2. "Well, it seems like we're outta a job right now. Jet fuel kinda costs alot, and while I could call Stark for some cash, I really wouldn't want to deal with him being that smug over it. Instead, we'll all pile into Ward's 78 Camaro and travel the US fighting crime! Now, there's not enough seats, so Fitzsimmonds, one of you has to ride in the trunk"

I personally am a fan of option 2.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Repulsor fuel costs money too. Alternatively, Lola is technically SHIELD property.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

jng2058 posted:

Now if they really wanted to make the audience care? Make Coulson be the HYDRA traitor and set him up as the show's big bad from then on!

FUn fact: If he didn't have Agents of SHIELD they would have done so in TWS.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

SHYDRA?
SHIELRA?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

notthegoatseguy posted:

One of the new supporting cast members reveals he's the grandson of a Howling Commando.

They've also been doing a lot more name checking in the show. Kree, various Asguardian mythological things, Yakuza, and others have all been referenced. Admittedly in small ways but referenced nonetheless.

Ok, haven't seen it yet, but I am just imaging that he's Dum Dum Dugan's grandkid.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Well they are using quicksilver and Scarlet Witch without calling em mutants so....

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

SO I just watched the trailer, and while I'm still not sold on alot of it, I'm feeling a little less poo poo about it. That being said, it was a two minute trailer, but we;ll see.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

zoux posted:

Ok what's the Original Writer injoke I'm missing here? Does it involve Alan Moore being a prick?

Well, Alan Moore claims to have met him twice in real life afterall

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Ted Kord Blue Beetle. Especially because he's been name dropped a bunch already. Also the whole "business magnate" thing.

Oh gently caress I hope so.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

As bad as the Stride Gum thing was, it wasn't as bad as the Tylenol product placement in the last season or so of The Dead Zone.

Which cannot compare to the delicious combo of snapple and Subway

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So I finally caught up on AoS. Is it wrong I was hoping season two would be a buddy cop comedy of Fury and Coulson fighting crime while snakring the entire time.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Just watched the Flash pilot. Am I wrong but did they Basically say they're doing Crisis on Infinite loving Earth? With the red skies, and flash going bye bye?

I would be lying if I said I didn't have wood.

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 6, 2014

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

They had to move Daredevil to Washington Heights because Ramsey has tv rights to the words Hells Kitchen.

I'll be loving honest, I cannot tell if you are actually telling the truth.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

jng2058 posted:

In 2024. I dunno if we'll actually see it in the show, except like in the very last episode the way Clark only gets the cape in the last ep of Smallville.

Also: WayeTech/Queen Inc merger.

:meh: about the second one.

The first one still gets me happy, even if it's like you think it will be

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Bleeding Cool has a write up (with screencaps) of Gotham's pilot

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07...medium=facebook

[quote]
And Bullock and Gordon aren’t the only cops in town. We have Renee Montoya and Crispus Allen from Major Crimes[/spoiler]

Holy poo poo, this really was Gotham Central originally wasn't it? To be fair, the review makes it sound like the prequel to it, and I am actually excited for it again.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Maybe they coulda shown they did more research and had Probson, Azeveda, Procjnow etc show up.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

What's that TVTropes name for when something relatively original, groundbreaking, and influential is seen as a derivative of its own derivatives in the light of its more popular progeny? It's not "Seinfeld is Unfunny" but it's related to that.
Um, older than they think?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Or because he's blind he doesn't know how suits should look, and therefore wears it wrong.

(Or maybe I'll pulling this outta my rear end cause his super power is that he's blind, but he can see?)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Diabetic posted:

AoS really should've started around the time of the Winter Soldier because the entire first season was waiting on Cap 2 to happen before anything significant changed in the show.

I dunno. I agree it took too long, but it woulda been better if say, a month of building the team and shield before everything goes to poo poo.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Man, is there anything stopping Batman/Superman villains from showing up? Ollie vs Penguin who drops references to be forced outta gotham, and being on edge he was followed to Starling? Felicity battling the Riddler in wits?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

They did have the Royal Flush Gang and Firefly show up in Season 1.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Klungar posted:

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but the wife and I just finished our marathon of JL/JLU, and are looking for our next animated superhero fix. What are some other good shows, DCAU or otherwise?

Batman Animated Series: Because it's where the DCAU started, and is a drat fine noir series with spectacular episodes
Batman: Beyond: Really good Batman Cyberpunk I felt
Batman: Brave and Bold: It is the silver age in tv form, and it is glorious.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Yup. She lives in a clocktower. Just like her niece/daughter who has the same name. What's really sad is that this is the most subtle reference in the show.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Barry Convex posted:

Gotham's ratings are good thus far, but the additional six-episode order probably has more to do with how badly nearly everything else on Fox is doing this season. Their existing shows are all in decline, and Gracepoint, Red Band Society, and Mulaney have all bombed despite high marketing budgets.

Brooklyn Nine Nine gained in the ratings from last year.

Therefore silly cop shows are golden :downs:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but the leaked set photos showing zoom, the actor in the suit looked a lot different shape wise than Tom Cavanagh. That combined with Wells talking about keeping the Flash Safe makes me think it might actually end up being Eddie Thawne.

Or Wells could be future Thawne filled with remorse or doing some sort of long con?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Morena Baccarin has joined the cast of Gotham as Dr Leslie Thompkins.

....i want to find fault with this causw it's Gotham but I can't.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Uh... So Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Greg Berlanti are making an Archie TV show.

The Twin Peaks comment both intrigues (Archie's been pretty good at reaching outside it's comfort zone lately) and worries me, considering well... it could end up ACTUALLY competing with Twin Peaks' third season.

The words "Behind SPiderman, Turn off the Dark" fills me with Ennui.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So, guys, haven't seen much chatter, but how is Constantine?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Madkal posted:

I know. And they hinted towards the Spectre with his appearance. I would love more stuff like that. Have a mysterious guy named Jason Blood show up to help Constantine track down some demons. Maybe a Jewish guy who wants to capture an ex-Nazi living in New York and wants to have vengeance. That kind of thing.

The second one is reference to which character exactly?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

StumblyWumbly posted:

Every episode of Gotham should have Donal Logue tell someone "you are quite the JOKER" while winking at the camera.

Starting with Bruce.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

No, but he did voice him in Young Justice. (:barf:)

Young Justice was pretty good.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Some dude named Roscoe and having him in the show would be a bit of a twist.

Would be hard to top that.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So, will we get to see the dick of doom?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Yeah, if he kills kid barry, wouldn't he suddenly turn multi-racial? (Seriously, would rather not see Tom Cavanghan in blackface thank you)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hey, those models would look great as toys. Except for Hal's since he's the worst one, but that's true for anything.

Where does Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt fall in the MCU timeline? It's obviously based on Silk and it came out just before Daredevil, but nothing on the Battle of New York has been mentioned yet, unless the city hiding that whole deal is a subplot to mirror her trying to move past the whole bunker business with Ezekiel? Hope she gets her Silk suit soon.

You mean Richard Wayne Gary Wayne right? (He's the real Mandarin)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I like Rip a lot more than Booster so I'm fine with this.

See, in the future, possibly the 25th century, this will be a museum as the perfect example of a bad opinion. A just atrocious one.

Goddamn just give me my Ted Kord DC. No, Ray "I''m Ted without the name" Palmer doesn't loving count. He's not a red-head and he isn't slightly chunky dammit

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Maybe Adam Scott and Joel McHale can guest-star as Beetle and Booster.

You bastard that sounds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Opopanax posted:

If you only watch half episodes nothing is going to be good.
Well, Law & Order I guess

Monty Python?