Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CapnAndy posted:

Hooray and all, but those are precisely the heroes that ought to be showing up on Agents of SHIELD if they want anyone to actually watch that show ever.

None of those heroes belong on Agents of SHIELD from what we've seen of it tone wise. Agents of SHIELD is a souped-up police procedural not a superhero show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yannick_B posted:

Cabin In The Woods's writer/director Drew Goddard is in talks to write the Daredevil show for netflix.

I remember him saying at one point he was a huge Daredevil fan. I'll assume he will jump at the chance.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Waterhaul posted:

:negative:

Keep Whedon people far away from it.

If Drew Goddard writes it then it will probably end up just being a straight adaptation of Born Again. I remember him doing an interview with someone last year where he was talking about having the posters for that on his wall and quoting several lines from it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vincent posted:

I'm thinking of starting on Arrow, but from what I've read here and other parts of the web, the first season is just bad. Can someone please spoil for me the important parts of season 1 for me or is there a season recap so I can start with season 2?

Wherever you read that was wrong. Watch the first season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I know that season two is better then the first in most ways, but if you legitimately can't make it through the first season because you don't enjoy it I don't think the second season is going to do much to change your mind. It's still the same show.

Unless you're the kind of person that will only enjoy the show because of name drops and comic references, which have had a healthy increase. And then what's the point? The show is still pretty much the same. A couple of character dynamics are changed but it's still the same formula.

X-O fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 22, 2013

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

404GoonNotFound posted:

Zoom in the pilot? Isn't that jumping the gun a bit?

I mean, whether it's Professor or Hunter Zolomon, Zoom's entire origin is pretty tied to the Flash already being a long-established name. You have to save that poo poo until at least the third season.

Well the guy is cast as Eddie Thawne, a new detective at the precinct that Barry works at. He's not just showing up as Zoom right off that bat even though it was very heavily hinted at in the Arrow episode. Also cast was Caitlin Snow and it just lists her as a bioengineering expert that lost her husband in the S.T.A.R. Labs explosion. I assume she'll probably be the first villain in that case.

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 26, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Waterhaul posted:

Whatever it is though it's done a hell of a lot better than Ollies hilarious flashback wigs.

I love the flashback wigs if only because of how much Stephen Amell complains about them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gotham: Literally every character but Batman

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but when (episode-wise) does Captain America 2 fit in to Agents of Shield? Haven't seen either yet, and I'd prefer to avoid spoilers.

I believe next week's indirectly ties into it and takes place during the fallout. So don't watch it until you see the movie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tuxedo Jack posted:

We can talk about how boring and inaccessible Arrow is, if you'd prefer. Or how Arrow and Flash desperately want to live in a shared universe, but won't likely cross over with MoS or Gotham...

Arrow and Flash not crossing over with Gotham and MOS is a good thing. They should be kept in their own separate little awesome corner and not have people interfering with them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Moai Ou posted:

Not to mention that the guy in the wheelchair will likely be Hunter Solomon/Zoom. The way he was yelling at Barry to run faster reminded me of Zoom' s goading to make Wally a better hero.

Eddie Thawn has already been cast, so I don't think that's quite the direction.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'm hoping that guy turns out to be Niles Caulder

The character's name is Harison Wells.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HorseRenoir posted:

Hollywood Reporter is saying that the Daredevil series will now be run by Steven DeKnight.

Holy poo poo, Daredevil run by DeKnight will be something to see.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Never in a thousand years would have I come up with such awesome casting for Kingpin.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

404GoonNotFound posted:

The only real downside to the Pilot was the score being utter garbage. Like even by Pilot Stock Music standards it was just bad.

EDIT: And in non-:filez: content, Fox just released a new round of character posters for Gotham and it looks like someone let the interns try Photoshop again.

Ivy Pepper huh? OK.

Waterhaul posted:

And Elden Henson has been cast as Foggy in the Daredevil show which sites are trying to spin as a Hunger Games star joining the show when the more important part is whether he will teach Matt how to do the flying V.

I have no idea who this person is. Hope he's decent.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Do they seriously think audience members are that dumb? :psyduck:

I can tell you with certainty that a lot of them are.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

teagone posted:

Look at how wrong this opinion is. Look at it.

It was literally the worst scene in the episode. For a couple reasons.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

teagone posted:

I thought it was great for a couple of reasons. One being Stephen Amell is awesome, and two because seeing the Flash and Arrow bro out for a moment at each others abilities made me all :neckbeard:. Sure, the dialogue might have been spotty, but it being a scene that further establishes the shared TV universe between the two is great. Tells the audience that, yeah, the Arrow is going to show up in this series, so loving watch both shows.

The dialogue was indeed terrible and that goofy jump off the building that's in the trailer is still dumb as hell even though they changed it a bit.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mentioned to someone last night that sounded like a really dumb gimmick.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Best news ever!

https://twitter.com/TVGuide/status/490194209622999041

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WarLocke posted:

So I just realized... Since Disney owns Marvel, and Thor is going to be a woman... Does this make Thor a Disney Princess? :psyduck:

No, since the new Thor isn't the child of Odin. But that means Angela is!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This advertisement is pretty drat awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8LU-WUc8bs

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Astro Nut posted:

Speaking of DC shows, Dominic Purcell is gonna be Heatwave in the Flash. Moreover, it'll apparently be as part of a team up with Captain Cold, so... The Rogues are gonna happen, hopefully.

Haha, Prison Break reunion. That is awesome.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Akiva Goldsman's writing career has featured both good and bad stuff so looking at his resume it's kind of a wash. The only really bad sign is that he was responsible for two bad Batman movies and that's his only superhero experience. I guess we'll just have to hope for the best.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jscolon2.0 posted:

I think people confuse Olivia being bland with Anna Torv being a bad actress. Fauxlivia fauxever.

No people make that excuse because they liked where she ended up as an actress so it's easy to say that they wrote the character bland on purpose or in order to hide her acting ability for later (some people actually say this) or that they just wrote the character bland because they were bad writers. Olivia was bland because Anna Torv was not a very good actress when the show started. She had stuff to do acting wise that just wasn't impressive at all. She grew much much better as it went along though and it showed. To the point by when the show ended she gave a lot of the most impressive performances on it.

X-O fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 12, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nick Tarabay (Ashur on Spartacus) is the next Spartacus alum to land on Arrow. He'll be playing Captain Boomerang and will be in 3x07 and 3x08 which is the crossover episode.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=123011

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CBS has picked up Greg Berlanti's Supergirl series.

http://deadline.com/2014/09/supergirl-tv-series-cbs-dc-greg-berlati-ali-adler-836682/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CW is partly owned by CBS and Arrow/Flash are also done by Greg Berlanti and come from the same studio. So it's possible. But at the same time the Arrow guys have said there is no Superman in their universe. And Supergirl's logline explicitly states he exists in her's.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam posted:

Other than Munch being loving everywhere, nothing comes to mind.

Ally McBeal and The Practice had a crossover in the '90s despite being on different networks. As with these shows they both shared a creator. And they both aired on the same night.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah the premiere tonight not only upheld the great momentum from the end of last season it improved on it in several ways. The Fitz story was soul crushing. And Absorbing Man was awesome. I think making them have to go underground really gives the show the little something it needed to work right. Great premiere around.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Unless they changed it from the leaked pilot a few months back Thawn definitely has some sort of way of communicating with the future

I think you might want to check the character names again.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hi liter posted:

So for Flash tonight, is the villian from the trailer supposed to be Mirror Master? Or an original character who approximates Mirror Master?

It's Multiplex.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Did someone dibs the Constantine thread yet?

There's already one in TVIV. I think here all TV chat just goes in this thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Someone was saying in a thread that the producers said they are not doing that but then why name the character that as opposed to anything else?

Why name Felicity Smoak that when she's nothing like the character she's named after? Sometimes a name is just a name and sometimes it's just a reference.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

Just refreshed myself, and yea, that makes a lot of sense. With The Doctor being really nuts and violent, but then articulate, makes a good Hyde.

Any idea what the Diviner could be? Old school Jack and Stan names always seem mundane for the MCU, so it could be something we are familiar with. Still holding out hope its the Pyscho-magnetron. But its not a loving infinity gem. I'm so sick of everyone labeling everything one of them. Loki's staff is not the mind gem, but its probably powered by it.

Maybe this guy: http://marvel.wikia.com/Evil_Eye

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bunnyofdoom posted:

The words "Behind SPiderman, Turn off the Dark" fills me with Ennui.

The only thing I know Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa from is his Marvel Knights Fantastic Four series which I greatly enjoyed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man, Wentworth Miller totally owned the role of Captain Cold in tonight's Flash. Already the best villain.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

McSpanky posted:

And they didn't even kill him off! And he got the stinger instead of Wells! This whole episode was chasing high after high.

Not only that, he kind of actually won!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shield has been consistently much better than any other comic show I've watched this season. It hasn't had a bad episode yet. Flash had one this week and a couple of Arrow episodes have been pretty weak this season. Plus the actors on Shield are for the most part much better than the ones on Flash and Arrow. Flash's and Arrow's highs are better just because they're actual superhero shows and those moments are usually great but Shield is a much stronger show in most other areas including writing and acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm not familiar with Mike Colter but I liked Lance Gross quite a bit in Crisis. He didn't much to work with because the show was really wacky, but he was good in it.