Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I kinda gave up on Shield after episode 3 but I'll probably go crawling back once I've run out of poo poo to watch(Misfits just ended forever/til there's an American version)

Speaking of which...

Error 404 posted:

the actor who plays Rudy is basically perfect, hell, Rudy is basically how I always imagined Cass to be.

Which part of the internet do I report to in order to start up this campaign? Cause let me tell you, I've never been more emotionally invested in a bullshit fan casting than this right here. I've been championing Joseph Gilgun for Cassidy since I read Preacher 2 years ago(I know I know) and I desperately need to express to the people involved with the pilot what a great idea it is.

Twitter maybe? I've never been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Lurdiak posted:

The dialogue was like rusty nails being driven into my brain. I only read 2 issues but that was more than enough for me.

Well, the plot was pretty cool.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

gently caress yeah!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I feel like we should have heard something about the Preacher pilot by now. Like at least casting rumors or something, wasn't it announced before Daredevil?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Well we'll have Luke Cage and Jessica Jones soon, though I didn't read Alias so I don't know how they start out together.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

XboxPants posted:

I really did think he was doing great doing the first two seasons, but I think his recent performance has been one of many things weighing this season of Arrow down. I realized it when he was doing one of his Facebook Q&A things, and someone asked "What was the most challenging scene in the Flash two-part crossover?" and his answer was "Hmm, uhh.... I guess I can't really think of anything, nope there was nothing that I really had to put any special effort into." Kind of says it all.

Afterwards I started looking for it's pretty obvious just how often he just stands there without any emotion at all these days. Other actors are doing scenes with him, trying to emote off him, and he just stands there like a blank wall and kind of puts a wet blanket over everything. Like, watch Roy's confession scenes with him and you may see what I mean.

I'd imagine it's probably not even his fault, but the director's. He's so new, I don't think he can do the heavy lifting to support the scene all by himself like say Barrowman probably can. It makes me wonder if Flash is siphoning resources - like directors - away from the Arrow team. Does anyone know, off-hand?

He may have simply had the wind knocked out of his sails with the news that the DC movie universe wouldn't overlap with the TV stuff. I know he was gunning for it.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Error 404 posted:

Dominic Purcell isn't much in the acting department, but goddamn if his voice isn't Supervillain 101.

Yeah I've never liked him in anything but I think he did great in this. Both of them really.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Uh, guys? There's always been a cute kid in Lucifer, she's pretty loving important too.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Deadpool posted:

You forgot the best one. Mr. Terrific. It's not going to be him though.

Skwirl posted:

I actually did remember him, but then forgot him again in the middle of typing the post, and, like you said, it's not going to be him.

But wouldn't it be cool if it was?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Anyone who's worried about the "why does the guy who goes to Magic Asia to get Kung Fu have to be Asian?" backlash should be reminded that this show follows the one about the black guy who goes to prison to get bulletproof.

I think the best possible outcome is to make Daniel San half white/full blown American who's Asian dad has a midlife crisis and goes searching for his heritage, that way you get fish out of water in K'un Lun(which I think they should make a little more multi ethnic anyway, why not sprinkle some Sikhs and Zulus in there) plus you can play off everyone's expectations assumptions like him knowing martial arts/Chinese because he's Asian. Then when he becomes a hero, have Luke Cage point out the cliche for laughs, owning it.

Also we can still have Randall as White Fist 1915

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

R.I.P. Lord Bowler.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

^^^ So excited.

Maybe I missed it, do we have a pool goin for who's getting fridged this season on Arrow?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

redbackground posted:

Well yes, but that was dumb.

edit: and stupid.

Super Buddies forever.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Season 2 of Gotham has been excellent.

Oh I get it, now you're lying to us out of vengeance, misery loves company and all that.

I'll rip your mind out
I'll burn your soul

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Of course IG-88 what kinda Zuckuss Bossk Boba Fett is. Dengar 4-LOM!

Fixed.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Rhyno posted:

YJ Bart is totally crash.

Fixed

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I imagine they mean "darker" and more "grounded" like the original run of the comic, which was still hilarious and ridiculous.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I was gonna say the same about Flash but I'm a loving sap for time travel stories so my opinion might be skewed

Yeah but time wraiths? did we need a stronger argument against time traveling to solve all your problems?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

zoux posted:

No but we did need an argument for "So if it's that easy for Barry to time travel, why doesn't he just do it all the time?"

Yeah I don't know, he already let his mom die for the sake of the time, "because it'll gently caress everything up" is more satisfying to me than "tonally out of place deus ex machina". Ultimately I can't be mad solely for the potential of more Pied Piper

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

... looks like the road trip aspect of the comic has been removed, so we've got a season of Jesse being around lovely rednecks being sweaty in a dusty town. :jerkoff:

It's the smart move though, they've got six episodes to lure in middle America before they drop the "God's a dick and I'm gonna make him answer for it" bomb (you know, the reason we all thought it would never get adapted?)

I loved the pilot, I don't understand what everyone's problem is.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

The show runners have said they're basically stretching out the first couple panels and giving us a season of introduction to the characters and concepts which the comic just dives into.

I think it's smart and this last episode was the first one I felt was treading water. Though it looks like they may have foreshadowed the town/church dying which I was afraid they wouldn't do since he already has the word.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

When did Rogen say anything about comic accuracy? The only thing I read was about how it was gonna be totally different so fans of the comic would still be surprised.
I find it absolutely absurd that people like Lucifer but think Preacher is a bad show. I think it's time to change the thread title to Comic Book Television Complaint Thread because no one seems to have anything positive to say.

Seriously, you guys loving hate comic book shows.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

Awesome.

It's a great show. Anyone who disagrees is a communist.

Amen, and gently caress Communism

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

site posted:

Frank shouldn't get with anyone not named Kathryn O'Brien :colbert:

I want Barracuda so bad it hurts but for that you need baby Sarah and for that you need Kathryn and for that you need a long period of Frank being alone.

So basically I hope Terry Crews plays Barracuda in season 8 of the Punisher.

Edit: humorous spelling errors

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 5, 2016

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Dexo posted:

Have literally had someone throw a Hard Drive against a wall and on the ground and was able to boot up and data off of it(Drive only lasted for like another week or so but yeah. Platters weren't exposed but then again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEQe-SSXOuk
I guess they could have shown a scene of that dude rebuilding the drive in a clean room in order to get the data off the disk in a completely safe environment because of the risk of dust contamination lol.

But then he plugs it into an iMac with a SATA cable, or am I crazy?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Cythereal posted:

PUNISHER: Shoots people, then gets yelled at by people who recruited the Punisher and somehow didn't realize he'd be shooting people.

This in perpetuity, forever, til the end of time.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I think it goes Disney Channel - Freeform/MTV - CW.

It's funny that CW would be that far up any list, but I think you're right.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Am I missing something? That's the guy from Dodgeball.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I didn't know (but suspected) that Neeesons was Ra's until a friend beat the video game before the movie was released.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Every iteration of the Tick has been great in it's own way and different enough while maintaining the spirit of the Tick. It kinda reminds me of the Hitchhiker's Guide in that way.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

It definitely has a darker tone like the original comics run, which is still potentially my favorite Tick.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Marvel has The One Above All but hopefully he doesn't appear in Infinity War and the MCU can be limited to the Celestials

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Rhyno posted:

LoL. Brisco County was trash dudes

Holy poo poo it's Backwards Day!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

X-O posted:

I don't care what they call it but it's not really New Warriors unless it has Night Thrasher and his skateboard. Make it happen Marvel and I'll watch your stupid Squirrel Girl show.

Amen

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Looking at that New Warriors casting call... was Debrii gay in the Skottie Young book? No issue if not, just wondering if this is Freeform adding diversity or using existing elements to get there.

I don't think it came up in her original New Warriors run mostly because it was short and she was only in like half of it. Maybe it's mentioned during the Initiative or something.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 20, 2017

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Roth posted:

I'm going to watch every episode of Titans just so I can laugh at how terrible Beast Boy will look with usual terrible VFX these shows have.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Bibleman is my SSSHHHIIIIT!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

None because Punisher is one of my least favorite characters. I don't dislike him as much as I dislike Squirrel Girl or Matt Fraction's Hawkeye say, but even Hulk and Thor are better to me.

Humbug indeed.

Well that Runaways trailer does actually assuage my fears a bit, though I don't know if I can keep from fanboy complaining about this one, it's one of the books that actually got my collecting.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Runaways is already a relationship drama filled YA book so it's not like they can CW-ify it much more.

They could ignore my favorite character beats because "it just wouldn't work for a TV show". When I think of CW-ifying something it's more than just focusing on relationship drama too much it's a lower budget and lazy sets/dialog/direction/cinematography/etc. I like the CW shows enough and I commend them for their efforts in creating their own comic book corner in tv land but some stories deserve a little more effort.
Marvel's YA TV is looking more artfully shot at least, so that's a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

X-O posted:

It's been a while since I read Runaways but everything in that trailer looks like it came right from the pages of the comic. It looks way more faithful than I would have ever expected.

Til we get to Skrull girlfriend, Ultron Jr, and Teen Heros Anonymous which will probably all need to be changed a bit.