Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Rythin

He snorts. "Well, 'scuse me for being suspicious. Anyway, the story is pretty much what Ziria said." The dragon tattoo is starting to move around slightly, responding to the heightened tension. "Weird shadow things showed up, we beat them off, then they showed up again. The Baron and his two thugs were a bit of a surprise, though."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

"So..." The woman leans back in her chair. "If I'm hearing your story right, you were in Duvik's Pass when a group of Meyas' soldiers attacked. But you were, conveniently, not in the town when it was attacked. Rather than finding a Circadian officer or, better yet, just running the gently caress away like sane civilians, you instead heroically pursued a military caravan and single-handedly dispatched it, then led a group of unarmed and presumably unsupplied refugees all the way from the mountains to Brindonford."

She straightens up and arches her back a bit. "Then, Brindonford was attacked by monsters-"

"Scary tentacle monsters!" Aour adds. "Also, uh, shadows."

"...right, thank you, scary tentacle shadow monsters appeared from nowhere, then either killed or possessed the baron and you..." She waves a hand sarcastically. "...got away somehow.

Here's what I think, I think one of two things happened: either you lot are Big Goddamn Heroes and were able to kill a squadron of trained soldiers and a horde of terrifying monsters from beyond the veil, along with a trio of nobles with a lifetime of military training."

She stands up from her chair and paces back and forth vaguely menacingly. "Or, you're here for another reason. You were sent here to distract us, send Circdian troops into a trap, let them get outmaneuvered. The Baron was assassinated, and you're here with a convenient alibi about bullshit monsters to throw us off the trail, because clearly we're idiots. Maybe someone handed you a sack of coins, maybe you actually work for Meyas, I don't really know and at this point it doesn't matter."

She folds her arms. "Now, given those two options, which one do you think is more realistic?"

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Ziria

Ziria has been quiet up until now, mostly because she has been trying to hr her temper back under control. Once she has managed it, however...

"Back at Duvik's Pass, what we happened to be doing was investigating the mines, since the water source of the town had gone bad. They thought it was kobolds! It was only PARTIALLY kobolds, and in fact SOME of the kobolds in the mine were completely freaked out by whatever was causing the actual water to go bad. I couldn't tell you WHAT the guy was, because he was pretty terrifying, also changed in front of our eyes, and as tore the eye out of my friend here." She thumbs at Rythin.

"And that was AFTER we had to CRAWL through a layer of blood and I don't even know what else. Which we had to go AGAIN on the way back. And any thought about taking a nice bath or at least change our clothes were dashed when we saw the Meyas Soldiers doing the executing thing on the way out!"

Ziria is getting louder, mostly because she's exasperated. "And you know what? Things are going to get even MORE unbelievable, because I don't even know WHAT their commander used to kill the freaking barkeep, because it cracked like thunder and exploded with light and it didn't look like any wand I've -seen-."

"And the rescue! Now I'd like to tell you we went in and heroically killed all the guards ourselves, but honestly we just kinda bluffed like bandits and then one of those guys tried to betray us after negotiating hostage release, using some sort of alchemical exploding ball that he had threatened us with as HIS leverage, and if it wasn't for the buddy of my other friend -here-" She thumbs at Sidnae. "We'd be dead because that thing was more powerful than some WIZARDS I've been around!"

Ziria groans, and lays back against a wall, suddenly very tired. "And then, yeah, Brindonford, house of wererats-- because there were some wererats--, monster that occupy bookstores-- which, reminds me, is also where we bumped into the guy we thought we had killed back at the mines AGAIN--, and crazy monster-turning Barons, and oh yeah!"

She has slumped down the wall until shes sitting next to it. "There was an army marching south once we left Brindonford and came this way. Was probably Meyas, because we ran into a patrol. We didn't even get to THAT part, did we."

Kerzoro fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 8, 2014

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

The woman gives you a harsh glare, severe eyes like coals in a fire. It lasts an uncomfortably long time.

Then in an instant the fire is gone, replaced with an incredibly pleased smile. "Yeah I know. You have a certain... call it an aura, an aura of surviving when others wouldn't. I just wanted to hear you say it out loud. Plus, the Nidal's not an excellent judge of character, I tend to find holding to the opposite of what he says tends to work out."

She sits up in her chair, very officially. "As far as I'm concerned, you're free men. Some might say I don't have the power to make that call, but I can be very persuasive, I assure you. But your duties have been fulfilled, you are-" She makes a faux gesture of Xizael's Warding of Evil.

"Whoa hey, c'mon now." Aour warns.

"-absolved." She finishes. "You are free to return to your surely idyllic lives on picturesque small farms with your spouses and tiny rugrats at play in front of the warm fire."

She raps her fingers on the table for a moment. "But something tells me you're not the type for farm life. Something tells me you're not the type to just forgive and forget. I have a proposition for you instead. Work for me. Hells, be patriotic, work for Circadia, do your civic duty, however you want to justify it. Best of all, you'll be well-compensated. You employment would be off the books, so to speak, straight out of my pocket. My pockets may not be as deep as they once were, but I can assure you you'll be well rewarded for your service."

She raps her knuckles on the table again. "The Nidal's a decent enough man, but he doesn't have much of a head for strategy. In lieu of being given my own command, I've taken it upon myself to select certain individuals for a special regiment. No CO's to answer to, no marching orders, no rank and file onto the field of battle. Just an objective and your own wits between you and the enemy. Obviously I'm not saying it'll be easy. You're going to be without backup, without support, and in some of the more dangerous areas known to man. Or, uh... unknown, in the case of scary tentacle monsters."

She leans back. "Thoughts?"

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Sidnae

"Yeah, I got one: who the hell are you? Ya clearly possess more authority than even the Nidal, not to mention yer apparently the most well-informed of the lot of us."

She crosses her arms and gives the woman a hard stare.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Ziria

"My thoughts on idyllic life involves punching evil monsters on what passes for a face, so I'm pretty much in." Ziria gives a tired grin.

"... although a name would be nice, ma'am."

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"My apologies, how rude of me: you are familiar with the S'engouer, the Hegemony? Few remember us properly, the war started so long ago, but there are still those of us who fight. I am Arcarlaid. Arcarlaid the Heartless, if you prefer."

Just a reminder that with a successful relevant Background roll you may be able to recall more information about a topic. Just tell me what topic you want more information about and tell me which Background you're using, and I'll roll for you.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis
HP: 36/36. AC 14. PD 14. MD 16. Recoveries 8/8

Dynamis keeps a stony face at the comment about more powerful than some wizards they have seen. Though he does take a little affront at it. Sadly it is probably true at the moment. He has really not gotten all of his power to bubble up quite right yet.

"The deal sounds good to me, but of course it depends on how my companions feel about the matter."

War Wizard to try and remember what I may have heard about the Hegemony, and Arcarlaid, while on the battlefield 1d20+4+4+2 16

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Rythin

While he might not like her (or trust her, for that matter), Rythin will do anything for a paycheck. "I'm in. Besides, it's better than having to break out of jail."

...Again, though he doesn't mention that part. Before the party's time.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Ryuujin's check was successful, been a long day and I just now fixed my PC, post tomorrow! :toot:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"Excellent!" Arcarlaid claps her hands together. "You can have your first assignment immediately. I'll let you choose, you can either investigate reports of enemy scouts up near Ormskirk. Or, if you'd prefer, I have a sensitive issue you can handle, regarding the Nidal's exiled brother. The pay for both is the same."

The Hegemony was a warrior nation up in the north, back in the region that had been formerly known as Faulrem. The citizens of the Hegemony were known as the S'engouer, known for their slavish devotion to a warrior lifestyle. The greatest aspiration a S'engouer youth could hold was to bring glory and victory on the battlefield, in the name of yourself and Augustia, goddess of war.

There's more, but it's kind of irrelevant at this point, because five years ago the barbarian warlord Meyas conquered the Hegemony and razed it to the ground, renamed his empire Faulrem and has been pushing South ever since.

As for Arcarlaid, her story is pretty common around camp fires the night before battle. Arcarlaid was the Imperator (Queen, if it's easier) of the Hegemony just as it fell. The tale usually goes something like this:

The past of Arcarlaid the Heartless is mostly unknown. Prior to just a few years before the fall of the S'engouer, no one had even heard her name. As per tradition, the day after the old Imperator was assassinated, a Grand Tournament was called to name a successor.

On that cold, misty morning she put her name forth, an unknown contender among established knights and commanders. She showed up wearing dirt-stained white rags, dyed grey and brown with dust and time. She was placed in the opening match against a young soldier, barely yet a man. Normally the Named bring a small squad of hand-picked warriors to fight beside them, yet when her name was called no one came forth to stand beside her, eliciting murmurs of distaste, for what commander has no soldiers to command? As she stepped forth she was asked what weapons she was to use in the upcoming fight and whether she needed the use of some armor. With a look of confusion she answered that she needed no armor to shield herself, and after a look around the field, spotted a fallen tree limb, cleft from a great oak in a thunderstorm the night before. She picked it up and claimed that it would be her weapon, needing nothing else.

It’s said that Ser Phillip himself, fresh from battle with the Templars, requested that this poor, clearly half-mad woman not be allowed to fight. However, the law was clear: those who wished to fight would be allowed to do so, regardless of circumstance. Arcarlaid stepped alone onto the field, unarmed save for a stick and unarmored save for rags. It’s said that the young soldier she faced looked at her with pity, unsure of his next move. However, his ambitions claimed him and he charged, sword arcing through the air wildly. With the lightest of steps she stepped aside, gently turned his blade, and struck a blow so fierce the young man’s helmet dented sharply inward, dropping him dead on the spot. Arcarlaid looked at the boy with sad eyes, then calmly stepped off the field. For three days she was tested, three days of bloody battle, each enemy in turn falling before her.

With nothing a length of timber she turned the Hegemony’s finest warriors into mewling babes. When a fierce axe blow cleaved her branch in two, she fought with each half as if no other weapon had ever existed, swinging each piece as if she'd trained with them her entire life. At midnight on the third day, the arena bathed in sputtering torchlight after a brutal, hard-fought battle, Arcarlaid and Ser Phillip stood alone against each other, Phillip’s men unconscious atop the sand.

Phillip, clad in dazzling full plate armor so finely crafted he could outrun a dozen younger men while wearing it, wielding a great sword that had tasted the blood of a hundred men, fell to his knees. He plunged his blade into the ground, and knelt his head in deference to the ragged, unkempt woman in front of him.

When his surrender came, there was no applause. Only stunned silence. The crowd remained silent as Arcarlaid was named Imperator.

Her clothes were stained with more blood and dirt than they were on the first day, but the dirt was of the arena, and the blood was that of her fallen enemies. Arcarlaid thrust her branch into the air, and the hushed silence became roaring applause as the crowd greeted their new Imperator.

Every Imperator claims a title upon their inaguration. From that day on, the day that Arcarlaid fell over three score of the Hegemony’s finest warriors without a scratch on her, she became known as Arcarlaid the Heartless, for it was clear that she had no heart to pierce.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis is impressed at the name of Arcarlaid. He has a great deal of respect for so capable a warrior, though her methods of fighting are quiet different from his own. He glances at the others then speaks up. "I cannot speak for my friends but I have a preference for investigating the reports of enemy scouts. Then again if there is anything more you can tell us about the sensitive issue that may change things."

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Ziria

"Mmmm. I might do better with the reports as well. Not that good at sensitive businesses."

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"To be honest I'd rather not discuss the details of the Nidal's mission until you agree to it. It involves some rather... sensitive information regarding the former Nidal."

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

So that's everyone for Spec Ops then?

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Nate

While he wanted to know the deal about the Nidal's brother (perhaps the reason he acts like he does? Nate wondered), since everyone else wanted to scout out some scouts, Nate nodded. "Since I guess we're all going out to Ormskirk, could you let us know what sort of thing to watch out for?"

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Arcarlaid shrugs. "I'll be honest with you, I don't know much. Ormskirk isn't much of a town to speak of, little hamlet out in the Western Wood. Not all the way into the Wild Wood, don't worry. If you hit the Wild Wood and get eaten by the Green Lady, you went too far. Anyway, we've heard that people have been going missing, turning up dead out in the woods. It's not much to go on, but Meyas' main body isn't far from there. Or-" She tightens a fist angrily. "...or was, I suppose. Now they're further South. Still, Meyas has made it clear that Circadia is his ultimate goal, the Western arm of the world isn't of much interest to him, not unless Mahna suddenly decides to launch an all-out assault after all this time. Not bloody likely. But that doesn't mean he can't have scouts out that way, maybe even set up a perimeter if he can spare the men. He's had plenty to spare lately."

She remembers herself and leaves the room for a brief moment, then returns with a map. "I just realized this is probably easier. Take a ship from the harbor up the coast until you hit Neirwood, there you can hire someone to guide you through the woods toward Ormskirk." She marks a series of roads and trails following a line up the coast. Or don't, I don't really care, it's your call. Kind of the point of this whole endeavor, really. Get to Ormskirk, interrogate the locals, hunt down Meyas' scouts."

She finishes with a flourished X, presumably over where Ormskirk is roughly located. "Nothing too difficult, I wouldn't think, but I think you lot know more than anyone how dangerous even one of Meyas' men can be. If they're fitting to take Ormskirk... well, things could get messy." She smiles wickedly. "Whatever happens, I have faith that it will prove an adequate test to your ability. Finish your mission, head back here, there'll be a nice purse waiting for you."

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Ziria

Ziria cheers up considerably at the prospect of travel by sea! "Oh, hells yes, I haven't been on a proper ship in what feels like ages."

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Arcarlaid claps. "Good! That's settled then. Alright, off you go, you can sleep on the ship, I'm not paying for a hotel room."

Making your way down to the docks it dawns on you that Arcarlaid did not, strictly speaking, tell you what ship you were getting on. Just as you contemplate the long walk back up to the castle, a dwarf standing next to a small wharf waves you over.

He's a bit short, even for a dwarf, but you're pretty sure he's broader than he is tall. He looks like he's built out of barnacle-coated ironwood, and is carrying a sword that was at one point several times larger than he was, but the end has been broken off so it's now only comically large.

"Are you the lot from Brindonford then? I'm Cap'n Hazra, and that's the Blue Belle." He points at the cargo galleon behind him. "Th' lady just tole me 'keep an eye out for-' well, I guess it doesn't really matter. Point is I'm reasonably certain it's you I'm lookin' fer, and if not, you want a free ride to Neirwood? We gotta leave now if we're gonna make time."

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 19, 2014

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Ziria

Ziria is pretty much all smiles by this point, and she nods respectfully at the captain. "She's beautiful, Captain." She turns to her companions. "Are you lot ready to go?"

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"Yeah, excellent, whatever, let's be off." The captain turns around, not waiting for you to follow.

The trip is longer than you had anticipated, but boat rides always are. Three days in the crew had exhausted all their interesting stories, most of which involve various exotic sexually transmitted diseases and frequent bouts of scurvy.

Thank god the pirates came to break up the monotony.

It happened early in the morning, a dark, slim ship scythed through the water under the morning mist, grappling against the Blue Belle even before you'd woken up for the day.

By the time you hear the bells being rung, the pirates have already started climbing aboard. Their leader is a thin, sinewy man that carries a heavily notched sword.

"I do apologize for the intrusion-" He says in a licking Mahnan accent. "But we'll be taking all the cargo and... you know what? You look like you know the drill. Surrender or die, etcetera."

Initiative

25 Sidnae
24 Pirate Brave 2
23 Rythin
21 3x Pirate Grunts
21 Pirate Brave 3
18 Nate
18 Pirate Leader
17 Pirate Brave 1
14 Ziria
8 Dynamis

Pirate Leader 18
Trog Chanter
AC 19
PD 16
MD 18
HP 44

3x Pirate Braves 17
Orc Berserker
AC 16
PD 15
MD 13
HP 40

3x Pirate Grunts
Dretch
AC 17
PD 15
MD 11
HP 3 x 13 = 39

Sidnae is up!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae
HP 32/32 | AC 15 | PD 15 | MD 13 | Recoveries 6/8 | Dice 2d8+1 | Ki 5/5

"I could say the same to you!" Sidnae yells, smashing the pirate captain in the face with a kick just as he finishes his little speech.

Move: Engage Pirate Leader
Standard: Panther Spins Free + Greeting Fist vs Pirate Leader: 1d20+6 24 2d6+3+2d6 17

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Nate
HP 32/32, AC 15 PD 13 MD 14 Recoveries 8/8

"Oh Buckwheat," Nate smiled as he drew his weapon and harmonica (and the others did likewise), "did you pick the wrong ship to board."

Giving his instrument a quick cheerful blow, Nate cheers "Let's give these pirate bastards the short way out!"

Song of Heroes to give a +1 to attack to everyone, then Battle Chant the pirate captain
Battle Chant: 1d20+7: 27 (Natural Roll: 20), Damage: 8
Move It! is active for anyone who wants it

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

The first of the pirate braves slips in an inopportune pile of bird dung.

Pirate Brave 2 fumbles :downs:

Rythin is up!

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Rythin
HP 30/36; AC 13, PD 14, MD 12; Recoveries 8/8

The dragon tattoo writhes on Rythin's skin, eventually settling down over his good eye - the same position as the one on the pirate leader's head. He sighs. "I swear, if any of you bastards make an eyepatch joke..." He slams his spear on the deck of the ship. A ripple of air shoots toward the pirate grunts; it clips one of them on the left side. The chaotic swirls of energy lash out back and forth, but subside.

Rythin snarls and spits a fireball at them. It misses, but just barely.

Random Energy roll: 1d4 = 4 so Thunder damage
Chaos Bolt against PD: 1d20+6 = 10, so 2 miss damage
Dragon Breath against PD: 1d20+6 = 14 :argh:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Of course the forms come back up as I'm on a trip back home :allears:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Hey guys, sorry, some stuff's cropped up, no posts from me for a bit :(

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

The pirates seem a bit fazed by meeting a group of wizards and poo poo on board this ship, but they nonetheless continue to press forward, blades flashing.

3x Pirate Grunts attack Sidnae! 15, 22, and 16 vs. AC! Sidnae takes 18 damage!

Pirate Brave 3 attacks Rythin! 19 vs. AC! Rythin takes 8 damage!

Initiative

25 Sidnae
24 Pirate Brave 2
23 Rythin
21 3x Pirate Grunts
21 Pirate Brave 3
18 Nate
18 Pirate Leader
17 Pirate Brave 1
14 Ziria
8 Dynamis

Pirate Leader 18
Trog Chanter
AC 19
PD 16
MD 18
HP 44 - 25 = 19

3x Pirate Braves 17
Orc Berserker
AC 16
PD 15
MD 13
HP 40

3x Pirate Grunts
Dretch
AC 17
PD 15
MD 11
HP 3 x 13 - 2 = 37

Nate is up!

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Quoting due to request:

Dedman Walkin posted:

Nate
HP 32/32, AC 15 PD 13 MD 14 Recoveries 8/8

"Oh Buckwheat," Nate smiled as he drew his weapon and harmonica (and the others did likewise), "did you pick the wrong ship to board."

Giving his instrument a quick cheerful blow, Nate cheers "Let's give these pirate bastards the short way out!"

Song of Heroes to give a +1 to attack to everyone, then Battle Chant the pirate captain
Battle Chant: 1d20+7: 27 (Natural Roll: 20), Damage: 8
Move It! is active for anyone who wants it

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I actually forgot I had already accounted for that so moving on :toot:

Pirate Leader attacks Nate! 27 vs. AC! Nate takes 12 damage! Nate is affected by the pirate's horrible stench and takes -3 to all attacks, defenses, and saves! (Save ends)

Pirate Brave 1 attacks Ziria! 21 vs. AC! Ziria takes 12 damage!

Initiative

25 Sidnae
24 Pirate Brave 2
23 Rythin
21 3x Pirate Grunts
21 Pirate Brave 3
18 Nate
18 Pirate Leader
17 Pirate Brave 1
14 Ziria
8 Dynamis

Pirate Leader 18
Trog Chanter
AC 19
PD 16
MD 18
HP 44 - 25 = 19

3x Pirate Braves 17
Orc Berserker
AC 16
PD 15
MD 13
HP 40

3x Pirate Grunts
Dretch
AC 17
PD 15
MD 11
HP 3 x 13 - 2 = 37

Ziria and Dynamis are up!

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Ziria

Pirate attacks! Oh man, when WAS her last pirate attack? It feels like ages now!

So eager is she about this that she gets smacked out of her reverie by a pirate and her reply is less than optimal.

---

Rolling to attack pirate brave: NOPE
2 miss damage
Wasted Power Attack too. All I want for christmas is a good roll :argh:
Activating Brace for It

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis reaches out as if pulling an arrow from thin air, and in fact he seems to be holding an arrow, one made of pure green energy, but an arrow none the less. He draws back as if using an invisible bow and lets loose. The arrow streaks forth and slams into one of the Pirate Braves. The force is tremendous, and acid rips through the Pirate's body and the bodies of the other Pirate Braves nearby eating away at them from the inside.

As the Braves fall Dynamis looks to the Pirate Leader. "Perhaps you should rethink your life, while you still have it."

Quick Action to use Evocation for my next spell.
Acid Arrow vs PD of Pirate Braves (Evocation!) 1d20+6 17 for 4d10 40 Acid damage and 5 ongoing acid damage.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

The good news is, Dynamis' attack manages to pretty much blow a ragged acid-y hole in the pirate's chest.

Worryingly, this does not seem to have slowed him down a ton.

Ryuujin I assumed you were attacking Pirate Brave 2 since it was enough to one-shot it. I'm not sure where you were getting the multi-shot damage from unless I'm skipping over a feat or something. I am using the SRD though, which may be wrong :v:

Initiative

25 Sidnae
24 Pirate Brave 2 7 BERSERK HP
23 Rythin
21 3x Pirate Grunts
21 Pirate Brave 3
18 Nate
18 Pirate Leader
17 Pirate Brave 1
14 Ziria
8 Dynamis

Pirate Leader 18
Trog Chanter
AC 19
PD 16
MD 18
HP 44 - 25 = 19

3x Pirate Braves 17
Orc Berserker
AC 16
PD 15
MD 13
HP 40 - 2 = 38
40 - 40 = 0 7 BERSERK HP

3x Pirate Grunts
Dretch
AC 17
PD 15
MD 11
HP 3 x 13 - 2 = 37

Sidnae is up!

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Well dang for some reason I thought they were mooks, otherwise I probably would have probably gone for the leader. Totally misread that. Oh well at least it hindered the enemy, somewhat.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Ryuujin posted:

Well dang for some reason I thought they were mooks, otherwise I probably would have probably gone for the leader. Totally misread that. Oh well at least it hindered the enemy, somewhat.

Yeah it's kind of all 6 dozen at this point.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae
HP 14/32 | AC 15 | PD 15 | MD 13 | Recoveries 6/8 | Dice 2d8+1 | Ki 5/5

Sidnae whirls around the pirates' blades, jumping over each of them as they swing at her before landing a devastating kick to the leader's head!

Standard:Whirling Mantis Pincer vs AC: 1d20+7 23 2d8+3 19 Leader's down!

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

The leader of the pirates, his smirk replaced by a boot, lays on the floor, not moving a whole bunch.

The pirate still staggering toward Dynamis punches him in the head.

Pirate Brave 2 attacks Dynamis! 21 (14) vs. AC! Dynamis takes 8 damage!

Initiative

25 Sidnae
23 Rythin
21 3x Pirate Grunts
21 Pirate Brave 3
18 Nate
18 Pirate Leader
17 Pirate Brave 1
14 Ziria
8 Dynamis

Pirate Leader 18
Trog Chanter
AC 19
PD 16
MD 18
HP 44 - 44 = 0

3x Pirate Braves 17
Orc Berserker
AC 16
PD 15
MD 13
HP 40 - 2 = 38
40 - 40 = 0 7 BERSERK HP

3x Pirate Grunts
Dretch
AC 17
PD 15
MD 11
HP 3 x 13 - 2 = 37

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Rythin
HP 22/36; AC 13, PD 14, MD 12; Recoveries 8/8

Rythin grabs the arm of the Brave attacking him. "Burn." His hands wreath with flames, searing the bastard. As he pulls away, a small bit of black ash starts moving - it's actually part of the dragon tattoo.

Burning Hands vs. PD: 1d20+6 = 19; 1d6+4 = 7.
I'm using my familiar's Poisonous trait, so that's 7 Fire damage and 5 poison ongoing to Pirate Brave 3.
Disengage: 16 - Success.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"Son of a bitch!" yells the pirate as Rythin lights him on fire. He then, in turn, hits Rythin in the face with the hilt of his axe.

Ignoring that particular melee, the three scrawniest pirates begin ganging up on Sidnae.

Pirate Grunts attack Sidnae! 16 (8), 9 (1), and 16 (8) vs. AC! Sidnae takes 12 damage!

Pirate Brave 3 attacks Rythin! Nat 20! Rythin takes 16 damage!

Initiative

25 Sidnae
23 Rythin
21 3x Pirate Grunts
21 Pirate Brave 3
18 Nate
18 Pirate Leader
17 Pirate Brave 1
14 Ziria
8 Dynamis

Pirate Leader 18
Trog Chanter
AC 19
PD 16
MD 18
HP 44 - 44 = 0

3x Pirate Braves 17
Orc Berserker
AC 16
PD 15
MD 13
HP 40 - 2 = 38
40 - 40 = 0 7 BERSERK HP
40 - 7 = 33

3x Pirate Grunts
Dretch
AC 17
PD 15
MD 11
HP 3 x 13 - 2 = 37

Nate is up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Nate
HP 20/32, AC 15 PD 13 MD 14 Recoveries 8/8

Well at least the Pirate Captain what slugged him in the guts was down. Small comfort to someone whose nostrils was affected by pirate funk. Time to try to shape up and finish off the riffraff.

Rolling Save to quit being nauseous (-3 penalty added): 16. That should do it.
Quick Action, Rolling to maintain Song of Heroes (11+ to maintain): 8. Who wants a one-round +2 to attack?
Battle Chant against Brave 1: 24 (Nat Roll: 17), Damage: 7
Pull it Together is in effect, one person nearby gets to use a recovery and get +1d4 per Escalation Die point.

• Locked thread