Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Sidnae

While the rest of the group is getting settled in, Sidnae is busy screaming at a bouncer (or as close to a bouncer as a small bar in the middle of nowhere has) outside. "What the hell do you mean she can't come in!?" she yells while furiously pointing at her companion, Genevieve. "She's a living, breathing, thinking creature just like the rest of us! She deserves a warm bed and a drink!"

"It's fine, Sidnae. I've endured the cold before, I can do it for one more night." The bear lumbers over to the side of the bar and begins digging into the snow, trying to make a warmer spot to sleep. "Alright! Fine! To hell with it! I'll bring you a beer and a blanket." She stomps her way into the bar, slamming the door shut behind her.

Sand 6,4,3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

Sidnae gives Elfa's hand a firm shake, muttering "Yeah, nice to meet'cha."

She gratefully chugs her ale as Elfa speaks. "So, kobolds, eh? Genevieve'll get a kick outta that. I hear kobold meat is very nutritious for a growing bear," she laughs.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"I never objected to it."

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Haha! That's certainly one way to help." She draws her mace. "Ready for some action, Genny?"

"It's been too long, dear friend!" The bear roars and charges in.

Initiative 1d20+2 = 21

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

Sidnae calmly walks up to one of the warlords. "Now, see, if you'd had some kind of well-balanced government, maybe you would have been prepared for an invasion, but alas, you weren't. Perhaps we could help you write some new legislature" - she grabs the befuddled warlord, then throws him backwards onto the ground with a powerful suplex - "in your blood."

"Indeed, with an elected senate, you may have been able to respond to the situation more quickly, my little treats," Genevieve adds on as she rakes one of the grunts' faces off.

Diplomasuplex 1d20+7 = 15
Genevieve MBA 1d20+5 = 16; damage 1d8 = 7

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

(Also taking my turn now, since my sleep schedule is hosed.)

Sidnae

"Oho, Rythin, I'm just getting started."

Sidnae kicks one of the small kobolds into the air, then smashes it with her totem, sending it flying into two other kobolds. The first and second are killed on impact; the third lands safely in Genevieve's mouth, where it's killed with a mighty crunch.

Sidnae's attack: 1d20+5 = 16
Sidnae's damage: 1d10+4 = 13
Genevieve's attack: 1d20+5 = 19
Genevieve's damage: 1d8 = 5

Total of 18 damage to the mooks, killing 3

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Hmm...does anyone have an empty container of some sort? This oil might come in handy."

Sidnae takes some of the jerky and throws it to Genevieve; despite her sentience, she's still a bear, so she'll eat drat near anything.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Of course I'll help! What darkness do you speak of?"

Genevieve eyes the rat warily.

Devout background + Wis to check if the weasel is lying 1d20+8 = 26

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

Sidnae brings up the rear, whispering to Genevieve: "Don't suppose you could climb this then?" Genevieve shakes her head and plops down on her butt, saying "I don't see how you could expect me to. No thumbs." She waves her paws a bit. "I'm probably too heavy anyway. Just go on, I'll be fine. I'll make sure nothing's following us."

"Aw, dammit, alright." Sidnae climbs the ladder, occasionally looking down at Genny, who continues to sit patiently.

When she reaches the top, she peeks past Erevan at the three dragonkin. "Can any of you tell what they're sayin'?"

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"What are you? What reason do you have to befoul Her Grace's sacred wilds?"

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae
HP: 24/24 AC: 17 PD: 12 MD: 10

"Come on, you lot, get your heads in the game! Who knows what's at stake here!" Sidnae leaps towards the mysterious man and smashes him with her mace.

MBA vs. badguy 1d20+5 = 21
Damage 1d10+4 = 11

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Dammit...we're being slaughtered..." Sidnae rolls away from the horrible thing, then puts a foot over the glowing sigil on the floor.

"You may think we're powerless against you, but you forget that walls can be broken!" She drags her foot through it, breaking one of the outer lines.

Disengage: 1d20 = 13

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

The surge of energy knocked Sidnae flat on her rear end, leaving her in a daze. "Wha...what did I do? What's going on..."

She takes a moment to clear her mind, then jumps back up. "Right. Evil guy. Let's finish this then!"

HP: 6/24
MBA 1d20+5 = 19 because I forgot to add the esc die on orokos :shobon:
Damage 1d10+4 = 9

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"I don't know if boiling the water would be enough. Could make an interesting beer though!"

"...Wait, no, that's a little too dark. Let's just tell them to import drinks for a few weeks." Sidnae stands once she reaches the end of the tunnel and makes her way back over to the ladder. "We'll be down in a few, Genny, just a little loose end to tie up!" The bear raises a paw and lays back down, watching the the tunnel entrance half-assedly as she waits for her human companions.

"Rythin, could you just tell them we and the people of Duvik's Pass mean them no harm and are open to peace talks? We need to get you and Erevan to a medic pronto."

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Literally or metaphorically? I'm pretty drat eager to find out myself." Sidnae moves to draw her weapon, but is pushed to the ground by Genevieve. "Control your temper. Many lives are at stake here; we must act cautiously."

Sidnae spits on the ground and pulls herself back up. "Fine." She thinks for a second, then, "Do you recognize that magic? Or those...beasts pulling the carts?"

"No, and no. All the more reason to tread lightly."

Sidnae's using her Devout background plus Wis to attempt to identify the "horses," as well as determine if the "magic" is infernal/divine in origin. Two separate checks if needed!

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Nov 14, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Maybe we could collapse part of this cliff." Sidnae walks a bit ahead of the group, surveying the area for weaknesses in the rock. "It's a bit risky, but we may be able to block the path entirely, and if not then we could trap them in a bottleneck."

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Genny and me will help keep their attention, then. Let's move!"

If there's anything I need to roll to get down the cliff quickly and without damage, Sidnae will use her Natural Strength background plus Str.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah basically that.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

Sidnae stoops down, trying to stay in cover, and whispers to Rythin, "Wait. Maybe we can take the deal, incapacitate the leader, and take the carts in the ensuing chaos."

She glances out over the bushes. "It doesn't look like we're outnumbered, we just have to be wary of their alchemical weapons. I doubt they'd give a high-powered alchemical explosive to a low-ranking soldier."

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Wait. Something about that didn't sound right," Genny whispers.

Sidnae nods, then continues the train of thought. "He said 'blow us to kingdom come'. If he's so confident that Meyas - or his superiors, anyway - wouldn't kill him, why is he so willing to give up his life?"

"He feels cornered. It's a bluff," Genny replies.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

Sidnae coughs and hacks, wading through the smoke. "Godsdammit Genny, have you lost your marbles?" She doesn't answer. When the smoke has let up a bit, Sidnae can be seen kneeling beside the great bear, crying gently.

She suddenly stands and smashes her mace into the toppled cart, startling some of the townsfolk. "Meyas. Will. Pay."

Oh no what a terrible arranged tragedy :(

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Oh, hello, Elfa. Yes, we got back from the mines just as you all were being packed into the carts. We couldn't just ignore that, could we?"

For someone whose best friend was just killed, Sidnae is surprisingly chipper.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 8, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Uh, well to be fair, they killed themselves."

Sidnae glances through the carnage again. "We should probably leave."

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

Sidnae nods as Elfa leaves. "I won't make any trouble, but after a few beers, I can't promise I won't get in any." She gives her a cheeky grin.

Genevieve trudges up behind Sidnae and watches the people pass. She's gone through quite a transformation - that is to say, she no longer has any skin or bones or organs. The old bear's spirit rose shortly after her gruesome death, supposedly given a second chance by Sand to spread the good word of democracy. They didn't really know, and just decided to roll with it. At any rate, Sidnae is glad to have her friend back.

"So, what shall we do tonight?" Genny asks.

"The same thing we do every night, Genny - find a bar."

It's up to you guys whether or not you can see Genny but the obvious comedy option is that you can't. :v:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sand 3d6 4, 6, 2

Forgot about that. :v:

Picked up the Leaf on Wind feat for my advance.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 23, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Ain't been here for a day and we've already got trouble. Ready, Genny?" Sidnae says while taking a fighting stance.

"Well, you're going to have to do most of the work, since I don't have a corporeal body anymore."

"Oh, right."

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae
HP: 24/24
Recoveries: 8/8
AC: 14
PD: 14
MD: 12
Ki: 4/4
Form: Opening

Sidnae dashes over to the slowest rat and grabs it by the neck, slamming it into the ground before delivering a swift kick to the side of its head. "Shoulda known better than to attack this town while we were here!"

"How could they have possibly known you all were here, let alone armed and dangerous?" Genevieve asks dryly.

"Details."

Move: Engage Bruiser 1
Standard: Fox senses weakness vs Bruiser 1, damage (+greeting fist): 1d20+4 24 1d6+2+1d8 8 Crit for 16 damage!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Eh, kill a couple a' rats, earn enough for a beer or two. Or twenty. Hopefully twenty."

Genevieve snorts. "More importantly, perhaps we can earn the Baron's favor if we take care of this little problem."

Sidnae lets out an indignant gasp. "Nothing is more important than beer, my friend."

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

Sidnae scowls. "Now that is a problem." Sidnae tries to remember the cures for lycanthropy - while Sand's religion may be a bit unorthodox, She still taught her followers the basics of spiritual medicine.

Using Devout +5 to search her knowledge of cures/exorcisms/etc.

Also assuming Nate shared his realization with the group

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"As far as I can remember - at least from the legends I know about lycanthropy - the best cure is to kill the poo poo out of whatever cursed you in the first place." She shrugs. "Gonna be easier than hunting down some cheap blessed silver or ratsbane."

Sand's holy remedies tend to involve violence. It's probably for the best.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

Sidnae steps out in front of the cultists. "Oi, lads, what in the hells do you think you're doin'? That ain't how ya treat a lady. Ya gotta buy her a drink and treat her to a proper brawl, none of this two-against-one nonsense."

In a flash, Sidnae jumps at the cultist Nate isn't filling with holes, delivering a flurry of punches before grabbing him and attempting to throw him over her shoulder in a suplex!

...But she fails miserably at all these things!

Move: Engage a cultist
Standard: Fox Senses Weakness vs AC: 1d20+5 6 1d6+3 7 Miss: Half damage
Quick: Trip (Dex) vs PD: 1d20+5 15 On hit, enemy is knocked prone and can stand with their move action, but has to make a normal save to move any further.

Stunt rules

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

Sidnae shrugs, then hefts the woman onto her shoulders (careful not to let her sag onto the ground, since Sidnae is pretty short). "So what's your deal anyway? Is that what these, uh, meatbag things were after?"

Genevieve eyes the meat puppets sadly. Ghosts can't eat meat!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

Sidnae ignores the girl's sudden change in mood. "The Reality Wrinkle, huh? Not very subtle, are they?"

Sidnae cracks her knucles. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen, we have some meatshade rear end to kick!" Sidnae pauses for a second. "Oh, uh, after we finishing kicking those rat guys' asses. You know, so we don't have more of them to deal with. Hey, cleric lady, about half of us got bitten by wererats; you got anything that can take care of that?"

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

Sidnae crosses her arms and taps her foot, waiting impatiently for the robed figure to acknowledge their presence. "This is hella boring! Where's the evil wizards? Or the cages fulla crazy monsters?"

She stomps up to the robed thing and shouts, "Hey man, you the guy that sent those meat things after this lady's grandma?" She sticks a thumb over her shoulder at Aour.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae
HP 24/24 | AC 14 | PD 14 | MD 12

"Figures." Sidnae dashes to cut off the meat thing townspeople and throws a lightning-fast punch at one of their faces; it squishes horribly beneath the blow. "Oh, gross."

Move: Engage the Meats
Standard: Fox Senses Weakness vs Meats: 1d20+5 23 1d6+2 5

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae
HP 18/24 | AC 14 | PD 14 | MD 12

"Huh. These things don't even have bones!" Sidnae grabs one of the meat puppets by the arm and twirls around, smashing it into several more and making a generally horrible and pulpy mess of the bookstore.

Standard: Cat Between Hounds vs AC: 1d20+6 26 1d8+2 8 1d6 6

16 damage to the meat pool plus 6 per living meat plus 6 Greeting Fist damage I forgot last turn for a total of :frogsiren:46 damage!:frogsiren:

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 10, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae
HP 18/24 | AC 14 | PD 14 | MD 12

With the gross meat things mostly taken care of, Sidnae jumps onto one and vaults off it, landing directly in front of the otyugh. "Alright, squiddy, time to meet yer maker!" Sidnae jumps into the air, spinning into a powerful kick...

...and crashes into a nearby bookshelf. Ow.

Disengage: 1d20 13 Success :toot:
Precise Mantis Kick vs AC: 1d20+9 10 1d10+2 9 Crit fail :suicide: 4 miss damage.

I forgot a monk feature though: I have +1 AC until the start of my next turn per level of form, so +3 AC since I just used a finishing move.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae
HP 8/24 | AC 14 | PD 14 | MD 12

"Put me down, ya great pile 'o spaghetti!" She uses a free hand to make a quick jab at the monster and manages to slip free, but another tentacle catches her before she hits the ground. "Crap."

Panther Spins Free vs AC: 1d20+8 14 1d6+2+1d8 12 Miss; 1 damage, Greeting Fist isn't expended, and I can't pop free. :saddowns:

+1 AC USONT for using an opening move.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae

"Yeah, same here."

Genevieve covers her face with a ghostly paw. "Please don't taunt the evil mages, Sidnae."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Sidnae
HP 24/24 | AC 14 | PD 14 | MD 12 | Recoveries 6/8 | Ki 4/4

"The hell's your deal, Baron? This ain't legal 'n you know it!" Sidnae enters a defensive stance as the guards surround her. "Oh, shove off!"

Sidnae unsheathes a dagger and throws it at Elfa, its blade soaring millimeters from her skin but severing her bindings. "So if we weren't war criminals before, how much ya wanna bet we are now, Elfa?"

She ducks under an axe swing from the executioner and whirls between the guards as a living dervish, delivering potentially fatal blows effortlessly.

Recoveries, so spending 2 will get me back up to full.
Panther Spins Free vs Guardsmen AC: 1d20+5 25 1d6+3+1d8 16 Crit for a total of 32 damage to the mook pack. :getin:

• Locked thread