Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
:siren: Spacebase DF-9 Releases in October! But it sounds like maybe the updates will more or less dry up and there's no way the game will be done. So uh... maybe don't buy it... :siren:

Homepage | Wiki | Official Forums | twitter | Tumblr | Purchase from Double Fine | Steam Early Access

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVKyzbF11Q

Sci-fi Dwarf Fortress from Double Fine. That's... pretty much the pitch. Check out this interview with Rock Paper Shotgun which talks about the game. This is one of the games from Double Fine's latest Amnesia Fortnight, if you remember that. You can grab it on Steam Early Access right now if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkf4l8O7b24

TychoCelchuuu fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Wyld Karde posted:

How much of an early access is it? Is it like when Kinetic Void appeared (something that looks like it'll one day be a game), or closer to Kerbal Space Program (it's a game and we're adding more stuff to it)?
Here is everything they want to add. So, subtract all of that from "space station sim" and there you go!

Just kidding. As the known issues page points out things are pretty sparse right now. It might make sense to wait for Alphas 2 or 3 or something if you want a more full-featured experience.

That said I haven't played it yet so maybe someone in the thread will play it and tell us.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZX6PXN1G_E

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Faraday Cage posted:

I have Psychonauts and the Amnesia Fortnight bundle, and am eligible for the 20% off, so it seems as if you just need to own at least one DoubleFine game?

I'm surprised they ran with this, since it was pretty sparse for the AF prototype, love the artstyle though. Probably going to hold off on it for a while because it still seems a bit lacking in gamey stuff right now, and I too have Prison Architect to fill this niche right now.
Are we talking about the Steam store? I have Psychonauts and the AF bundle and no 20% off :psyduck:

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

rabidsquid posted:

So do characters in the game show any personality at all? Basically I am curious if there is any emergent gameplay. Gnomoria is fun but without any emergent stuff happening I eventually get bored and quit playing.
They all have various likes and dislikes and form friendships based on that and gossip about people, then if someone dies or whatever that makes their friends sad. And so on. So yeah the plan is to have all sorts of emergent stuff based on the particularities of various characters.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Dude hates himself and has no friends. He probably hoped the worm would kill him and he'd go out in a blaze of glory or something.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Oddly enough, Startopia turned up on Steam a week or so back. Due to its age it seems a bit janky these days.
This patch helps a wee bit.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

jBrereton posted:

Is this currently a better game than Space Colony, a thing available on GoG which has kinda similar aesthetics, or is it just a different kettle of fish entirely?
I very briefly thought you were jpLebreton, as in JP LeBreton, as in the lead designer of this thing. Way to get my hopes up. At least we have Chris Remo here.

I know gently caress all about Space Colony HD though so good luck with your query.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I think DF-9 is for Double Fine.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Information on modding tools. Summary: not for a while but in the future definitely possible.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Well that's kind of disappointing.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

The Kins posted:

A lot can change in a month.

Well to be fair, they didn't abandon the game silently.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Kibayasu posted:

Though its more city manager than space colony builder, there's Startopia on GOG.
And Steam.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Yeah, that kinda bugs me, Amnesia Fortnight has people vote on the top five prototypes they'd like to see developed into a full game. I don't get why DF does that if they don't have the funds to actually do it.
The intention is never to develop all five prototypes (or even any of the five). The goal is just to find new projects to work on in case they want to work on them. Some AF projects turn into Double Fine games, some don't. I personally voted on what prototypes I was interested in as much as (maybe more than) on what games I wanted to see, because there are a lot more things involved in choosing what games to develop than what AF prototypes the public voted for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

GhostDog posted:

Let's get this right: Monkey Island probably cost about 50 dollars in 1990, which would be about 90 dollars today. Since Broken Age is 25 dollars, it only needs to be around a third of Monkey Island's length. QED.

• Locked thread