Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Voice of lego Geoff Johns was pretty drat hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

The cellist :colbert:

I do love how people point to this being Scarlett Witch, but I have zero memories of her playing Cello ever, and I had an unhealthy obsession with her when I was a teenager.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dacap posted:

Probably the same internet people who won't get off that idiotic idea that Coulson is going to be The Vision for god knows what reason.

Yea, exactly. Its one of those stupid internet nerd things that get argued but have zero basis in reality outside of some wishing posts online. They invented an attribute for Wanda and then used that to justify Coulson as the Vision.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That's like the artwork of DiCaprio as Anakin that floated around before Attack of the Clones came out because people were terrified he was going to be in it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I honestly think Thor is the most fun out of all the Marvel films. I am really, really hoping Thor 2 is as fun.

More Sif being awesome will certainly help.

Marvel Cliques has the thor 2 guys released, and you can see Malekith and Kurze in crummy cliques quality.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

Odin used some dark energy to do it. Now that he has the tesseract he can just use it.

Plus is looks like the Bifrost is open again.

With luck that's just the first Cap 2 poster, and there will be bad rear end Widow and Winter Soldier posters to follow.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have not seen a single thing I do not like in this thread today. Everything in Cap 2 makes me excited, and Rashida Jones as Wasp would be awesome.

I think BP would make a better joint hero, like have him show up in Avengers 2 or Cap 3, and play a major part in it. Something I wish the studios weren't was so timid with filling the films with characters. I can understand them not wanting to cast a big name actor to play Carol Danvers or Luke Cage or whomever, but when you think about the casting, save RDJ, Sam Jackson and Scarlett Johannson, everyone has been a minor actor, mostly doing tv work, and in the case of Chris Hemsworth, had not really appeared in a single major film until Thor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Metal Loaf posted:

They can't call him Quicksilver in the Avengers movie either, right? I think I've read that before.

They can, but they cannot say he is a mutant. I'm still thinking they will just turn mutants into inhumans for the movie universe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

E the Shaggy posted:

I feel like Marvel's recent push with the Inhumans is how they're going to explain folks being born with powers in the Avengers-verse.

Pretty much everything Marvel does recently I cannot help but thing "How is THIS going to appear in the films". I don't really mind it because it involves promoting Carol Danvers more.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

boom boom boom posted:

I really hope not. I get that Sackhoff's the nerd-approved blonde woman, But I don't think she's a very good actor, and she really doesn't have the screen presence to work in an Avengers movie.

Yea, I liked her in BSG, but she's not nearly good enough of an actor to stand alongside the Avengers cast. Honestly, I cannot think of someone who I'd like to see play Danvers, and not just becuause she is my favorite female hero, and my 3rd favorite Marvel character after Iron Man and Cap. I think the animated Earth's Mightiest Heroes may have spoiled me because she was done perfectly. Though I always thought she and Femshep were similar, hard bitten veterns who while super tought also had a sense of humor. I'm not too much of a fan of her in Marvel Heroes because she essentially sounds like Buffy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DFu4ever posted:

I think you'll get better films because, outside of GotG, most won't be origin stories. And if they are then the setting they take place in is already established.

It would be cool if they used the established francises to introduce new characters. Have Dr Strange Appear in Thor 3, Captain Marvel in Cap 3 etc.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr. Maltose posted:

Burning disdain for the source material, the death of many a script.

Thanks Bono!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh man, Thor 2 was all kinds of awesome. If I had one complaint it was needed more Sif and the warriors 3 action.

Certainly one of the best final fights I've ever seen in a film in a long time. The entire designs and look of the Dark Elves was really cool as well.

The Collector looks awesome, and I am just more and more excited about GoG now too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DangerKat posted:

Saw Thor 2, loved it though the score felt lacking to me in places. The second post-credits scene was kind of lame until the very end and then it left me smiling.

Couple of other things that caught my eye:

1) A billboard in the background of the first London scenes asked "is your Journey a Mystery?" that made me :haw:

2) The crest in the center of Malekith's chestplate looked really similar to Captain Marvel's. I'm sure it's not related but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I saw that billboard and didn't see what it said, but that is awesome.

Secondly, I don't think that needs to be spoilered because Malekith's look has been out for a while. He has that in his comics appearance.

If there's going to be any Captain Marvelness, we won't see any hints until GoG, as there are Kree in it in the form of Ronan.

About the post credits scene Does that mean Thor is going to be living on Earth now? Avengers 2 really needs to star with them all hanging out together at a bar or something

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Metal Loaf posted:

Can they use the Kree? They're not tied up with the FF film rights or anything, are they? I understand Ronan is going to be one of Thanos's minions in GOTG.

I thought just the Skrull there tied up with FF. Kree have always been a Avengers race, the way the Shi'ar are Xmen race.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Deadpool posted:

The Skrulls as a race are fine for Marvel to use. Only like specific characters are tied up with FF. Like Super Skrull and probably someone like Lyja if they ever wanted to use her for some reason.

Ah, and something generic like the Skrull Empress or Commando could not be tied up with the FF rights. Though I think if a property is going to revert back to Marvel it will be FF. While the rumors sound good, I can't see the film actually getting made.

I wonder if there is a reason they don't have Brunnhilde in Thor. I really hope its not because they felt that Sif was the only kickass lady they could have.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

tut posted:

I believe they have to be actively working on the property, which they are. They just replaced the screenwriter for like the third time.

I think you have to actually produce, otherwise you could just hold onto a property indefinitely by sticking an intern on a project and forgetting about it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dexo posted:

What I like is that Marvel is still gambling. After Phase 1, and making movies that are all relatively safe, and standard. With Phase 2 it seems like they are giving the Directors much more leeway to make the movie that they want to make in the universe with just a few set guidelines from Feige and Whedon to make sure the characters are in the right place to position the next Avengers movie. Also they are making a goddamn Guardians of the Galaxy movie. If that is a success then just about anything is on the table for Marvel.

If they can make a movie with a talking racoon who could be an NRA spokesperson and an talking tree that can only say "I am Groot", they can make a movie about a mystical king from Africa with Panther Powers and magic metal claws, a hot lady airforce pilot with gets alien DNA and becomes almost as strong as the Hulk and Thor and a arrogant surgeon who becomes a wizard.

Amy Adams is my favorite Lois Lane, but then Rachael McAdams was okay, but I absolutely hate Margot Kidder. Shrill is not an adjective I'd associate with Lois Lane.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Now to see the costume. I'm not too worried about QS because his is pretty basic, onsie with a lightnning bolt.

Ignite Memories posted:

It is totally not my fault but my mom watched a ton of Lois and Clark so I feel like default human lois is Teri Hatcher to me.

I'm still stuck on the one from the 40s.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

This is Wanda's current outfit, so expect the movie version to be based on it.

Yea, I am an obessive Scarlet Witch fan, though not as much as I am a Carol Danvers fan, and I hope that's her outfit. It has a very noir fem fatal look to it. Much better than her origonal 60s swimsuit, all the roma inspired ones or her pink bodysuit with red one piece over it thing.

But the headress is the iconic thing about her, its like not having Tony's goatee or Cap being the whitest person ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Isn't the reason Alan Taylor was pissed off at the stupid is because of the Mid Credits scene?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

Thor 2 had Tyr in it, who was also in the comics, but I cannot recall which one he was. One nice touch is the Asgard doctor who examined Jane being named Eir.

When Odin comes to Hemidal after Thor and the rest go to spring Loki, a squad of soldiers come up and there is a guy with a long beard and no helmet, I assume that's Tyr, but can't be sure unless you can see if he had only one hand.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

HorseRenoir posted:

I think he's talking about how Alan Taylor disliked how campy the GOTG teaser was and wasn't happy about having it attached to his movie.

Yep, I shouldn't post from my phone. And yea, Taylor felt that it didn't fit with the tone of the film and that they DARED to put someone elses work into it. Which is kind of silly because they all have those things in them. It would like being upset that Stan lee had a cameo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dan Didio posted:

All he said was that he was happy not to take credit for it and that it doesn't fit with the tone of the film. He pretty clearly wasn't pissed off and has already apologized to Gunn for what he said, even though he made it clear he didn't think Gunn was at fault, or a bad director or anything, or that he was furious that they 'dared' attach someone else's work.

That sounds more reasonable, as I read the whole thing on one of those linkbate sites that are full of "10 things you didn't know about movie X!" and "Shocking photos from movie Y!" type pages. I am sure they are the highest quality journalism.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder if it vaugly surreal and dream like quality we're seeing on some of the images from ASM2 is because the rumor I heard that the movie will be almost an anthology of stories, where Parker is reminiscing about the villains he's fought, this is why we have like everyone save Paint Pot Peat in the film.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was think earlier while reading old school Xmen that I wonder if Ms Marvel ever existed in an form in the Xmen films at any stage. I mean, her powers being stolen by Rogue is pretty much most of the Rogue's story until fairly recently, but the movies really didn't do much with her, other than using her as Magneto's battery in the first one.

She does appear as a gateway character for the rest of the Xmen to get introduced, but once that's done, she just kind of sits around and is sad she can't snog Ice Man.

I was kind of hoping that after she drained Wolverine, she'd keep some of his power, and be able to punch people really good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its really too bad because Marsden just comes off as a great guy in everything.

A friend of mine was asking me if I think that we'll see Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlett Witch anytime soon, and I cannot see them even dropping a hint of concept art until at least Cap 2 comes out. Avengers 2 is the next thing aver GotG right?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

They might put them in an after credits scene but I don't think the Maximoff's fit in with Cap 2

Well, I was talking more like magazine and website stuff talking about Avengers 2, but I could see the after credits thing being US Immigration and the immigration officer opening up a passport that says "Wanda Maximoff" and looking up at Her and Pietro.

BTW, i'm curious on how they are going to pronounce that, I've always thought it was pronounced Pee-troh. But i've heard it said Pee-ter-o.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this? posted:

My understanding is that Rogue drained Carol much deeper than anyone else giving her the powers on a semi-permanent basis and putting Ms Marvel in a coma.

Yea, I'm reading that right now, and pretty much while Rogue was in Mystiques brotherhood of evil mutants, Rogue fought Carol and managed to hold onto her so long, that she not only gained Ms Marvel powers, but also took a good chunk of who Carol Danvers was. So she did not only gain strength, speed, flight and invulnerability, but also gained part of Carols memories and personalities, so much so that SHIELD saw Rogue as being part Kree as well. There was a storyline that Rogue was so drained after flying from Japan to the Mansion that the Carol Personality took over completely, but Rogue was unaware of this, and they busted into the Helicarrier and rescued Rossi, Carols Ex BF. Rogue took him to "her parents cabin" meaning Carols parents, and she was even talking to Rossi using Carols Boston accent, rather than Rogue's southern one. It was pretty bad because Rogue could feel the relationship and love Carol had for Rossi but Rossi only saw a former evil mutant. I haven't gotten to the part were it really goes bad for Rogue, but there is a point where the two people in one body thing becomes too much and theres separation and Carol gets restored to being Ms Marvel, but Rogue keeps her powers.

As I said, these are pretty much the defining characteristics of Rogue and Ms Marvel in the past but these will certainly be ignored in any films, mostly because the characters rights are owned by different companies and its just too much to add to the films. I mean, all you need for Ms Marvel is to have Carol be a normal fighter ace, get zapped by some alien machine and BAM Super Powers. I really do with Rogue had more to do in the films. She's my favorite lady Xmen (which is funny because Ms/Captain Marvel is by far my favorite female super hero), but that love of the character is based on the comics and to a lesser extent her in the 90s animated show.

There's lots of good reasons to include Carol in MCU, mostly because it will give a front line combat woman. Captain Marvel is up there with the top tier marvel heroes. I've seen her listed just below the Hulk, Red Hulk, Thor Hercules and Colossus as the strongest heroes.

I nerd out out to her way to much, I'm afraid of how much I'll nerd out to Scarlett Witch, my second favorite, in 2015.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Oh yea, possibly one of the worst things ever done to a female character. And gently caress Jim Shooter. At least Claremont was able to reclaim her, and have her pal around with the Xmen and make her buddies with Wolverine, then give her new powers and have her go off with the Space Pirates.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pyronic posted:

isn't Jim Shooter the one who was responsible for the Hulk YMCA near shower rape story? What is wrong with that dude's head?

He started writing when he was 14, and never stopped being 14.

muscles like this? posted:

That DOFP teaser site goes into a lot of of the alternate history where Magneto gets blamed for the Kennedy assassination.

That's really cool. I figure the dancer talked about being killed was the one who was, ugh, Angel?

EDIT: XMen is on AMC right now, and I never realized that Rogue's oufit at the start of the movie is very much like on of her classic outs, green coat with hood.

Though I also heard in a newscast that Henry Gyrich was mauled by a bear, but I don't remember him anywhere in the film.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 26, 2013

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really hope it wasn't Mystique, because First Class made her a million times more sympathetic than any other medium she's appeared in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Anything that helps us forget Xmen 3 is good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Plus the GG on the glider is pretty iconic.

Hah, those production shots!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
DC must be crying Republicans on election night level of tears knowing that 2014 features 4 movies based on marvel properties, and not a single DC based one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There better me an ASM2 poster with him wearing the fire helmet. :colbert:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Collector's lair reminded me a lot of the stuff on Giedi Prime in David Lynch's Dune. Even Del Toro's mannerisms reminded me of Piter's.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The funny thing is that Widow was not really sexualized at all in Avengers; Her outfit was more a jumpsuit than a catsuit. I won't say IM2 because there was no need to show her changing in the car.

Which is why I hope Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlett Witch costume is base more on her NOW outfit than the classic pink skin tight body suit with a skin tight one piece over it. NOW has her in a red trenchcoat like thing, in sort of a femme fatal look. THough cleavage factor can be extreme based on the artist.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dacap posted:

Maybe their outfits will be closer to the Ultimates version that are pretty much track suits

Yea, but that suggests they are banging, which...ewwww. And the headdress/tiara thing is like the iconic Scarlett Witch item. It probably won't be so huge, more of a headband probably.

Pietero's outfit will probably be similar to his comics one, as he does need something that he can move quickly in, so something that looks like an Olympic speed skater outfit no doubt. As for hair, its really Kirby as gently caress, but I can see the grey hair with the little wings working on screen, again just a little smaller.

I'm pretty sure that sometime next year we'll see an Empire with them on the cover for an exclusive look and everyone will hate it. Something I am curious is how Tony will be portrayed in the film. IM3 suggested he would give it up, but I cannot see him giving up being a superhero, its perfect for his ego, even his reduced at the end of the movie. Might be a getting the band back together thing where Tony realizes that he's needed and comes back. Or they could just have Rhodie be Iron Man. Also, Coulson, will he ever come back to the movies? There hasn't been any hints, but SHIELD hasn't been a thing in IM3 or Thor 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SirDan3k posted:

I never got a retirement or "I'm out of the game" vibe from Iron Man 3. He blew up the armor's he'd compulsively made to cope with New York and had the shrapnel removed which was a link to guilt driving his heroism giving himself a clean slate where he can be a hero that's not driven by a mix guilt and ego.

You'd think the number of times I've watched IM3 I'd have remembered that? Not to mention he picks up his robots and some other stuff from his home in Malibu, probably just relocating it Stark Tower in NYC.

I guess Clean Slate to me is just completely starting over so you can go in a different direction.

I wonder when we'll see a real teaser for Days of Future Past, effects and everything. Its may release isn't it?

• Locked thread