Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Is that Scarlet on his tricep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

BobTheJanitor posted:

I would like to think he'd just say 'it's a fantasy goblin' and leave it at that. But in my heart, I know someone who actually gets that indelibly printed on their body would likely sit down and tell someone the entire plot of Guild Wars 1 & 2 and the novels and would have to be gagged before they would stop.

Think it? I loving know that anyone who gets a tattoo that huge and colorful on a part of the body like the arm that everyone sees is just dying to explain not only what their tattoo is, but why they got it and just how it impacted their life in such a significant and meaningful way.

"You see, Zojja and I are both so alike. We're both misunderstood geniuses that are tired of being let down and betrayed by our so-called friends."

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
http://m.imgur.com/a/06IVo

Here are the rest. Like everything else in this thread it was copied from reddit if you're so inclined.

quote:

I doubt they will fade all that much, and even if they do, I'll still look more bad rear end than the rest of the wrinkly old people. ;)

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Nice ink.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

ItBurns posted:

http://m.imgur.com/a/06IVo

Here are the rest. Like everything else in this thread it was copied from reddit if you're so inclined.
At least there's no Logan.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

see when I think guild wars tattoo i think about how much dick i'd suck to get kekai kotaki to design a tat for me. his work is so detailed so i'm not sure how it'd work but i'm in love with his art

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Think it? I loving know that anyone who gets a tattoo that huge and colorful on a part of the body like the arm that everyone sees is just dying to explain not only what their tattoo is, but why they got it and just how it impacted their life in such a significant and meaningful way.

"You see, Zojja and I are both so alike. We're both misunderstood geniuses that are tired of being let down and betrayed by our so-called friends."

Let's be serious here, nobody is going to talk to a fat guy with an anime tattoo.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Visidan posted:

Nice ink.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I know it's been mentioned several times but can't find it, what are some standard guardian builds for PvE?

I'm a big moron and here's a lot of words.

You can change your build at any time that you're not in combat. Try not to think of builds in the same sense, but rather just learn what particular traits and abilities, and combinations of such, are the most useful.

Here's, for example, what I understand to be the DPS Hammer/Greatsword build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJASRl0ApZo9CxVI8DRR8gk1Yb/8quAY+cLA

Something like this:
Greatsword 2 -> rest of your greatsword skills as filler -> GS2 again -> swap to hammer, autoswing until swap is back up. Let the attack chain finish before switching back. Optionally hammer 2 blast between chains.

But as I said, check out the traits:

Zeal II (Fiery Wrath) - 10% extra damage in almost all situations, for only 2 trait points.
3+ Points in Radiance - Note the first two minor traits and Radiance VI (Justice Is Blind) especially. Renewed Justice activates even when you don't score the killing blow; in AoE clusters you can start spamming your Virtue of Justice bind as things are dying. Unfortunately mobs that don't grant experience don't trigger the trait, as in the recent living story updates.
Honor II (Superior Aria) - Shouts are one of your two best utility categories as Guardian, and even in a DPS build you ought to be bringing at least "Stand Your Ground!". "Retreat!" party aegis can be a lifesaver, though I'm personally unfamiliar with the best opportunities to use it; "Hold the Line!" has a short enough cooldown that taking 3 shout skills along with Honor XI (Pure of Voice) and Trooper runes on your armor makes you a god drat condition clearing machine (more useful in WvW).
Honor VII (Writ of Persistence) - This is a nice upgrade to your hammer damage and utility, and has the extra benefit of buffing greatsword 4 and the first Zeal minor trait a bit.
Virtues VI (Master of Consecrations) - Wall of Reflection is one of the other reasons to specifically bring a Guardian in your group, besides the crazy amounts of stability. Purging Flames is a very nice utility as well, putting up burning for your Zeal II bonus as well as clearing conditions and offering some protection from them; you can optionally bring along Hallowed Ground- though "Stand Your Ground!" is a better general source, doubling up on the stability is useful in situations like the harpies in Uncategorized Fractal. Allies have to stand in Hallowed Ground to keep getting the Stability pulses, and having a longer cooldown makes it less useful, though the pulsing nature of its boon makes it more resistant to boon stripping.
:siren: Grabbing this also gives you the minor trait Inspired Virtue, which makes your Justice spam apply Might.

If you're looking for a lot more defense, Valor XI (Altruistic Healing) is the premier survivability trait, when paired with shouts and hammer. Pick up Valor VI (Retributive Armor) and Valor IV (Strength In Numbers) on the way, and maybe substitute in some Knight's gear so you can actually take advantage of the higher effective health and bonus precision. You can blast in fire fields and light fields for extra healing from boons, though fire fields will do 3x as much healing due to applying multiple Might stacks. I'm under the impression that this is more valuable in higher level fractal dungeons, where you sort of want to actually take heat off your softer allies.

Honor XII (Battle Presence), Virtues IX (Absolute Resolution), and maybe Virtues XIII (Purity of Body) - This is probably best avoided, but it's a combination all right. Endurance regeneration effects don't stack, instead only using the highest bonus applied; compare 15% from the trait to 100% from the Vigor boon. That, and the non-heavies in your group aren't going to survive an extra hit just from having the regen.
The 3 condition cleanse on Virtue of Resolve is real cool though, and you can just Renewed Focus it back. I mostly use the first two traits in this section to try to help out at guild rushes.

Traits I'm less familiar with:

Radiance XI (Right Hand Strength) - Strong buff to sword and scepter, two other DPS weapon options. You can grab their associated traits Radiance X (Powerful Blades) and Zeal IX (Scepter Power), then run around with a focus in your offhand. The blinds on focus and sword will let you exploit Justice Is Blind more, and the scepter 2 skill is pretty high damage if targets actually stand in it. I guess Right Hand Strength works with maces too if you're really that kind of person.
Valor X (Focused Mind) and Valor I (Meditation Mastery) - Your personal source of Fury, people talk about using meditation builds but I haven't bothered with them too much. Note that the elite Renewed Focus will be considered a meditation skill in the September 9 patch.

Healing Breeze and Litany of Wrath heal skills are best avoided. Make sure you can actually benefit from the blocking on Shelter if you run that. Tome elite skills aren't so hot either.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/miniatures-and-finishers-in-your-account-wardrobe/

Finishers and minis are now accessed in the Hero panel. :geno:

You can preview finishers now and minis no longer need to be in your character's inventory. You 'unlock' them to your account (like skins) and can summon them on any character. Also there's search/filter functionality being added to the wardrobe for skins/outfits.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

...minis are now accessed in the Hero panel.

oh hell yes, highfive Clankus

e: Adding a search function to the wardrobe is pretty legit, actually. Combing through my three hundred medium gloves for one specific pair is a huge pain in the rear end and hopefully soon dyes will get a search function too~

e2: Minis are no longer a physical item after being unlocked to your account. Prices are going to rise, all praise Kes for letting us borrow his before this patch hits :patriot:

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 2, 2014

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Next two updates are "Reimagining Collections" and "Trading 2.0". Outside of the possible TP revamp I'm guessing there's no real new 'features' to be had in this update.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
About time!

I can have my Southsun Faren throughout my whole account!

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I guess I had better borrow Kes' minis before the patch!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Nice, now that it's a part of your equipment there's no more having to double click them constantly.

quote:

When shown, minis will appear next to you in every map you travel to with no further work necessary to deploy them.

Now to just have a toy and tonic tab.

I'm not entirely sure what reimagining collections would be, equipment inventory? materials go straight into your bank? auto consuming luck and karma? cantha?

Trading 2.0 sounds like a TP upgrade.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

quote:

The new mini section in the Wardrobe allows you to convert any mini in your inventory to an account unlock. Unlocking destroys the mini from your inventory, but once it’s unlocked, that mini is available to all your characters to equip simultaneously for no additional cost.

Be careful with Kes's minis.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
That's good news on the minis front, but I didn't see it comment on whether you have to manually resummon minis upon death/zone change/going underwater (for some).

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Welp, we won't be able to rerun mini week after the patch, since unlocking them blows them up. RIP all the non-Mag goons and mini sharing.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Visidan posted:

Trading 2.0 sounds like a TP upgrade.
Person to Person trading :v:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

RIP redditdude.

Jackard posted:

Person to Person trading :v:

:suicide:

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Now everyone needs to get there mini Hylek Nahualli :frogout: frog to represent properly during guild events.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
I had sets 1 and 2 complete, and sold the exotics from set 1 when I saw they would be on the gem store for the anniversary. I also sold the minipets I wasn't interested in from these sets to help finance gearing my necro.

I've loved having Jack-A-Lop. I was looking forward to buying it at a slightly cheaper rate after the anniversary sale ended. I just watched them go from 70 gold to 350 in the span of two hours.

:suicide:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
How much is princess Jenna now?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

The Machinima Man posted:

I've loved having Jack-A-Lop. I was looking forward to buying it at a slightly cheaper rate after the anniversary sale ended. I just watched them go from 70 gold to 350 in the span of two hours.

Aww yeah.

It's a massacre.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Visidan posted:

Aww yeah.

It's a massacre.

Quick someone who isn't at work send me a cheap Hylek mini so I don't have to pay a ton later tonight!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

J3ng4 posted:

Quick someone who isn't at work send me a cheap Hylek mini so I don't have to pay a ton later tonight!

Also send me minis. Any minis. All minis.

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
I know I should be happy my Mini-Karka Hatchling tripled in price, but those account-bound restrictions will probably mean I'll never have the guts to use it to annoy others again. :(

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Aw poo poo. Of course I had to leave home early today. I bet the blue minis aren't increasing that much, but have a green or two.

Just my luck, always poor.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Going to make a killing with my minis it seems.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Walkin Goon posted:

I know I should be happy my Mini-Karka Hatchling tripled in price, but those account-bound restrictions will probably mean I'll never have the guts to use it to annoy others again. :(

Silver lining: it tripled in price and is now useless to you. Sell it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Walkin Goon posted:

You'll still be able to use it without account binding it! You just won't be able to equip it to "auto-show" when you load into a map, it'll be a physical item you double-click like it is currently.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Jesus Christ. Someone nws that tattoo pic. You're gonna get the thread gassed.

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007
Would be nice if we could get an equipment slot for minis.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

PartyCrown posted:

Would be nice if we could get an equipment slot for minis.

Er...that's basically what we're getting. It's a separate tab that acts as a mini wardrobe, you select an active one and it will always be deployed.

e: it's possible I misinterpreted and you're asking for the mini itself to have an equipment slot. I agree, Lord Faren in a speedo deserves to wield Moot.

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You'll still be able to use it without account binding it! You just won't be able to equip it to "auto-show" when you load into a map, it'll be a physical item you double-click like it is currently.

Aww yeah, my days idling in LA and getting "what the hell is that noise" messages are not yet over!
Back to enjoying the mini-ocalypse. :haw:

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Er...that's basically what we're getting. It's a separate tab that acts as a mini wardrobe, you select an active one and it will always be deployed.

e: it's possible I misinterpreted and you're asking for the mini itself to have an equipment slot. I agree, Lord Faren in a speedo deserves to wield Moot.

Pretty much. I want my humanoid minis to have gear matching mine, dammit. Mini Caithe with a Kudzu needs to be a thing.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

PartyCrown posted:

Pretty much. I want my humanoid minis to have gear matching mine, dammit. Mini Caithe with a Kudzu needs to be a thing.

[Mini Me]

Double-click to summon your clone to follow you around.

Cephid
Dec 28, 2012

Adhesive Gamin posted:

[Mini Me]

But does it come with a mini Mr Bigglesworth?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Cephid posted:

But does it come with a mini Mr Bigglesworth?

Blizzard got to that reference first. And more. There's really no sense in trying to compete with World of Warcraft when it comes to overt popular culture references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Adhesive Gamin posted:

[Mini Me]

If it could subtly mock you when you aren't looking then it would be the best thing.

• Locked thread