Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

ItBurns posted:

You should read the official forums more often. Don't do this.

It's kinda funny right now, hardcore WvWers from the t1 servers that recruit guilds from lower tiers to increase their coverage are now complaining that they can't get in cause casuals are stealing their spots to do achievements. The casuals are doing stuff like taking camps, keeps, towers, killing enemies and claiming land while hogging their rightful slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The overpowered mad king outfit is back on the gem store, it's the perplexity rune of costume brawl.

Bob NewSCART posted:

I stopped playing a bit after the first Queen's whatever thing in the human city for the Living Story. The one after the big airship one. Could anyone just inform me on anything thats changed thats a big deal and why there is a new thread also?

The OP has a link to all the updates since the last time you played.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
You can use the executioners movement skills in WvW, also it's more overpowered than mad king.

Heavy Hands posted:

Secondly, how populated are the lower leveled areas? Has the game been out long enough that pretty much the whole playerbase is doing high level quests/raids/whatever only, or is it probable that I'll actually find other people around? Even if I don't plan on closely interacting with The Pubbies, running around in a ghost town still isn't too much fun.

Thanks in advance.

The increase to the cost of crafting has moved people back into some of the mid level zones but even if mag is low on people at the particular time you play you can just guest to a server that isn't.

EDIT: Also I get a ping of 250 and play fine, no problem in spvp or wvw the only time it lags is when the server itself is dying.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 22, 2013

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

UchihaHirou posted:

There's a Wall of Text post in the WvW Discussion official forum that quotes some developer posts that the WvW queues are not real queues. They currently take a random person out of the waiting list from the map to allow in, as opposed to First In First out. I guess all the rage about queues are not quite completely unfounded.

Source Post on Official Forums (Don't go here): https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/wuv/People-aren-t-upset-enough-about-bugged-queue

I'm taking this with a giant grain of salt, too many whiners from servers that deliberately recruited and stacked themselves are now upset that they are full. Too bad for the original people though but I guess that's what the new map is for.

Erdricks posted:

Look at the gold to gems conversion price. That's the high end gold sink and it seems to be doing pretty well. Exotics, like everything except precursors and last year's Halloween weapons, are not wildly inflated. In fact, exotics and ectoplasm are cheaper in general and other stores of value, like unidentified dyes, are up what, 10s?

The game is generous with items but stingy with cash drops. It's kept inflation generally in check.

I bet the empirical figures for money supply are fascinating for this game.

Yeah most stuff is cheaper, just the precursors and stuff like fused weapons which take 7 tickets!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Kessel posted:

At this point I'm just going to embrace the cheese.

Just give me all the shlock possible - giant Mary Sue Saturday-morning villain with fingers in every pie? Giant TOWER OF NIGHTMARES in the middle of a lake? Okay!

(you are talking about a studio with a history of writing scenes like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz5LPEvm5uI and it's not like the Vizier was a well-written character in any sense)

This is also how Logan will die fyi.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Nothing is worse than Shiro.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
All this Shiro defense disgusts me, you better not start defending Scarlet come GW3.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Delacroix posted:

Beastmaster is a inherently defensive build. If you go 0/10/30/0/30 You'll get close to the 3k armor+power figure that seems to be all the rage with regen on top. Natural healing gives you passive regen as well which is primarily why beastmaster was considered overpowered when they got Zephyr's Speed as a minor trait. Better days :(
This build will survive in the thick of zerg combat, it's not designed to be ranged. Option for short/long bow is always there if you're uncomfortable without ranged. The drake has cleave on it's autoattack so it has uses in PvE, where pets are insanely resilient.

I used to use a build like this last year. Recently I use this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQJAsXnAVUZZXQKWwaZAZVAQaP4EzDTcPQF/LELY1B-j0BB4hBkgAgKAMLqIasFYFRjVNjIqWZDTKAzUGB-w for WvW it's a modified build I found on the official forums. Lots of protection, the pull on off hand axe has a short cd and your pets have longer conditions. Pet choice is based mainly on their F2 and as much as I've tried replacing the Wolf just isn't happening, the fear is great for stomping someone being ressed. The other pet you have some choice with, spider for the immobilize, owl for the damage and chill etc.

Weapon on swap is whatever preference you have, although I'd take a greatsword as well if you do any zerg stuff.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
It didn't include WvW unfortunately.

EDIT: It was supposed to include WvW so it might be a bug.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 24, 2013

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I've got most classes at 80 and none of the leveling in this game is hard but the classes with good movement skills are going to do it faster (ranger, thief, warrior, guard) compared to those that don't (mesmer)

Lyer posted:

I honestly would advise leveling a warrior as a 2nd or 3rd alt (I have one too) because you'll get so frustrated at how slow/more effort you have to put into stuff with other classes in comparison. :v:

If you really want a low effort "I don't give a gently caress" class go for a guardian not a warrior. You can alt-tab most bosses in the game with a full zerker + AH build no dodging required, any difficult boss and you can just put up a reflect wall for the most part.

Batham posted:

And a group cannot have enough warriors for basically anything you can do in this game. If I'd get a copper for everytime I've been asked "Do you have a warrior?" I would've been able to simply buy 2 legendaries by now.

Which groups are asking you this? I've still yet to be asked and I PuG alot on my ranger. Granted I don't zone in with a longbow/bear and rangers are considered one of the better classes in dungeons now but still that's some bad luck.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Fractals have fallen out of favour as of late, the rewards are terrible and the higher levels are poorly balanced. Anet have stated that they're improving the rewards and rethinking how the levels affect the content so you may want to hold out for that (rip dredge).

shymog posted:

I figured I'm quitting nicotine so I might as well pick up something else that's probably bad for me (the sale didn't hurt either).

Humans-are-BEST stuff aside, does racial choice pretty much just affect the story and how pretty of a princess I can/can't be?

Already mentioned but the norn have a great racial elite, I see guards using it alot in WvW and the Sylvari have a nice invulnerability skill that sprouts turrets.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Dredge armour rules.

BexGu posted:

So with the Dev stream not happening yesterday have there been any other hints about the release today? Any balance changes/skill updates?

New healing skill, you acquire it during this LS then after it costs skill points.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Drunken Warlord posted:

So what advice would you guys have for people with 1000g+ who want to start flipping on the trade post? I've looked on the official forums but it's mainly guides to do with really low-value trading.

Usually I read dev posts to see if something is likely to rise. They say something about working on 2h handed weapons getting two sigils? Now those superior accuracy sigils ain't looking so poo poo anymore.

Some stuff just makes sense, fused weapons up on the TP for 150g when they cost 7 freaking BL tickets? Buy as many as you can.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The Chinese TP will be separate.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Looks cool.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Myriad posted:

If you have a shitload of glory laying around you don't need you can now buy 5 seedboxes per day in spvp. Gives around 60 of the pristine seed things.

Oh man loving finally a use for glory, this is good news.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Secret Sweater posted:

Question. Am I crazy or did fused weapons go from 5 -> 7 tickets? I'm guessing the progression is 1-5-7 and will possibly continue beyond that.

They were always 7 tickets. I think they cost more cause they're awesome and the fused weapon tickets were much rarer than the new tickets. This doesn't explain the southsun weapons being 3 tickets but I'm sure it's cause they look like rear end and no one wants them.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Eltoasto posted:

Thinking about picking this back up again since a balance patch is coming. Sounds like Rangers are still screwed though? How do necros stack up these days? Have an 80 guardian/ele/thief but maybe it would be good to level something up since the pve zones are what I enjoyed most about the game.

Rangers are in an excellent spot in pve and can stack a lot of long lasting group might through cat and flametrap/warhorn, give perma fury, regen and swiftness as well as a precision buff to an entire party.

Rangers are lackluster in large scale battles in WvW, they can either be a tanky frontline melee or if the battlefield allows help cut the tails off of hammertrains with immobilisers. It doesn't help that the pet dies in these fights almost straight away, in smaller fights and solo they're cool though.

Mosthated posted:

Quote from DevonCarver.5370:

"The rewards for finishing 2nd in the Bronze League will be markedly better than the rewards for finishing 6th in the Gold league."

And we really wanted to be gold league!!!!

Apparently that comment was made before they changed the league around but even if it's true it'd be something like 2 extra greens. WvW rewards are a joke, those season chests I've been getting had 17 piles of blood dust, 3 greens and 1000 wxp. The dolyak mini is the important reward and everyone gets that if they complete the meta.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
When you own 10% of the map there's always something to do.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Crynth posted:

Cletus thank you for the input, sorry our conversation got cut off (Ranger builds). (Im Ryukazu in game) what build would you run, something with sb bleed as well or still a power build?

A few people have been asking me this so here we go. I've been experimenting with different builds, some okayish some terrible (cough maguuma winning video) Rangers need one trait in non zerg pvp and it's emphatic bond, without it you're dead against a good player, hell even an average one if they are an engineer or necro.

I posted some numbers last year about rangers health regen capabilities and after a bunch of balance patches it's still my favourite build type, even though the play style and utilities have changed. I've been using variations of this build for WvW https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/ranger/BUILD-Boon-Tank-Ranger-BTR-Variations/first

Here is my power build, it's good for everything from solo to zerg http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAsXRnAVUZZXQKWwaZAZVAQaP4EzDTcPQF/LELZFLB-j0BB4hCiEEAUBRMLqIasFYFRjVNjIqWZDTGgltA-w switch emphatic bond to bark skin for zerg combat and malicious training to anything.

The condition version is almost exactly the same. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAsfVnAVUZZXQKWwaZAZVAQaP4EzDTcPGF/LELZFLB-jUCBogBEXEiWAgkOi5dFRjtMsIasadER16GYeFFRrWKAYmDA-w This is superior to the power version in solo roaming and party fights, the larger the battle gets the worse this build is. You don't need traveler runes with this build I just haven't taken them off.

The weapons I chose are just personal choice.

After the December patch builds open up a bit more for ranger, you still need emphatic bond but mighty swap and the master tier spirits unbound shake things up. I was thinking of something like this for solo roaming http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAsfVjAVV2lVKWs2Bi2DO1fM9Uke27UUKSdxKnMB-jkCBodAogg4iQ0CAk0RMvrIaslhFRjVrjIqW3AzroIa1SBAzcA-w (Just swap natures vengeance for unbound in your head)

I was talking to Tanbin another Maguuma ranger and he liked the idea of might stacking with runes of noble, I can see that working with a build like this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAsfVnAVUZZXQmVwaZAp9gTMPM5VI9cPKFSJEvYlTmA-jkCBodAogg4iQ0CAk0RMvrIasVhFRjVrjIqW3AzroIa1SBAzcA-w That's around 11 stacks of might with +70% duration which would bump your condition damage to around 2000 with this build, plus whatever stacks you get from flame shield.

EDIT: I could see this being good for parties too http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBMhN6koiugrqwsCULDILFAy+9Ukesn7RpQKh4FrszE-jUCB4hCiEEAE1RMLqIaslhBp6KslXRTNjIqWZDTGgltA-w a lot of support here.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 5, 2013

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Soothing Vapors posted:

Honest question: why are we always in last place? It seems like we are always overmatched by servers who can muster 35 man zergs to chase around a 4 man roaming team for half an hour.

I don't understand these new WvW leagues but they don't seem very well balanced

Maguuma has high skill but a small population and almost non existent oceanic presence (around 20-25 people). During oceanic times we usually just farm JQ as they're bad and stacked with fair weather transfers, running into obvious traps over and over.

We're not getting our rear end kicked, just our stuff taken when there's no one there to defend it. I've seen 40 man zergs run from 10 man maguuma groups countless times this matchup.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The few times Maguuma have dominated it has been very boring, the only plus side being world completion on alts.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
That's the music that needs to be used in the competition. I guess it's different than the usual boring fantasy music every mmorpg uses, definitely needs some sick crits and stomps. Shadow you gotta use it for your Flameseeker Prophecies forge video.

I'm not sure what this tower is supposed to be yet, the tower itself is open world and has smaller instances inside it.

Also here is a cool mask. [&AgH9vgAA]

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

33% of online SFD come out in force to protest Arus GW2 ban.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Yeah but you get banned alot. Protests are expensive.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Talking about balance, they've finally been open about the changes they make and explaining their thought process, although for the most part the kept it focused on the changes they are making in December.

Ranger chat was interesting, having an evade on GS swoop would rock and they hinted at a more traditional 1 handed melee weapon in the future.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Sword 1 may be frustrating to some but it is intended, there's no way in hell sword 3 is intended as people only use it to evade.

I'm glad they're not changing its auto.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The trickiest completion to get this round would probably be the enemy keeps in EBG, we've gotten stonemist a bunch of times.

shrach posted:

Why don't you want the option of dodging out? Having to use another skill to interrupt the chain so you can dodge just shows that they might as well allow straight up dodging. No one is going to force you to dodge if it is allowed.

I'd like it sure however none of the leap skills in the game can be dodge cancelled currently. They have a few options for this situation. A) Remove leap from sword B) Allow leap and movement skills to be dodged/moved out of or C) New melee weapon for ranger without the leaps (which they sort of hinted at)

I'm happy with either/both B and C.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Honestly I feel like I'm playing a different GW2 than other people sometimes, where are these giant sacks of HP outside of world bosses and high level fractals? I run dungeons with SFD and we're not exactly dps superstars with seemingly everyone running celestial engineers and arus with his shield and we clear dungeons in the snap of a finger. Perhaps I need to Pug more, actually no that ain't happening.

Oh no wait it's arah path 4, I thought I blocked it from my memory.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

hampig posted:

My personal issue is less the actual amount of HP or amount of time they take to kill, and more that they don't do much interesting.

That I can agree with, most launch dungeons have "puzzles" to do but the enemies are just kinda there.

Reverend Dr posted:

That wouldn't change much really, it'd just be "push dodge" when they do "interesting thing". With all of the control options completely worthless during boss fights, there isn't much of any room for there to be anything interesting that bosses do.

The new living story dungeons added mobs you needed to put control on. Like those shamans you had to pull, push or fear out of their fire circles that gave the group of enemies they were with invulnerability and those holograms you needed to push, pull or stun/immob into machines and the boss. Of course one of these dungeons is gone, I hope its still on track to be added back in this year.

Control is also useful in fractals but I know few people who still do them when the rewards haven't been tuned like the rest of the game.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
On the subject of Collaborative Development aka Actually Posting the devs have discussed testing a CTF or Push the Flag mode in spvp

hampig posted:

This discussion got me thinking about expansions, and how they're always used to revamp and overhaul underlying game systems that are broken and boring. I wonder if A.net is going to lose that excuse with only incremental patches. People accept their old gear being made worthless with an expansion, but I wonder whether a change to PvE like that means A.net are more likely to leave things as they are to avoid the wrath of a million forum-goers demanding refunds on their ascended gear.

Well smiley Colin did say they're moving away from gear tiers (except legendary Armour and trinkets) and going towards skills and new weapons and that as long as he was the guy in charge this would be it.

So look forward to Tivac being put in charge and the new extreme tier in a few years, make it happen.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
You can play with him for free unless he wants to do WvW with you.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Ktzi posted:

Is a greatsword-centric Ranger build viable? I figure I'd be doing WvW and PvE mostly and I don't know a drat thing about rangers.

Yeah it's good, I prefer sword/warhorn but if you use Red Moa you get the party fury anyway. It's getting buffed a little next patch too.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Ktzi posted:

Well cool, that works for me. Any particular build work well for this? I'm figuring something with at least a fair bit in wilderness survival but I'm at a loss about everything else.

The GS specific traits are Wilderness X and Nature IX but the GS is fine without those. Something like this is cool for pve http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBhYDXouOyyqSQsUsn93KwJOjDlI/hSdxdnMB I posted some WvW builds earlier in the thread.

jaegerx posted:

2 days and no response to a ticket? What is wrong with Anet support. I realize I'm not paying a sub but you can at least update me with a "Foff jaegerx" instead of just ignoring the ticket. I want to know if I got suspended for telling maths or mux to gently caress off. I need to know who to hate more.

The queue is 24-48 hours apparently which matches my experience, if it gets to 3 days you can post a thread. I urge you and arus to post a thread cause I wanna know how many people you called fuckface retards to get banned.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Not that it isn't a cool skill arcing arrow sure as hell isn't hitting anyone from anything but point blank range, it's best fired off directly at your feet preferably in a field.

That's why I wish Maul was also a blast finisher, it has a pretty big tell. I could see how it could get pretty nuts with GS and S/W, all those blasts and leaps going off plus drakes or something.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
They had the right idea with Teq, just needs some better scaling. Players sure as poo poo are not doing any escorts if more people means it gets more none killy stuff added to it, they'll just yell them away like the teq turrets and abandon it. People can barely do a champ train in the starter zone without screwing it up every 10 minutes.

Seems like the people who do these bosses enjoy how simple it is, perhaps they could increase the rewards for other non world boss events for other types of players, there's a shitload of them and most of them are more complicated and fun than a world boss. Hell, the protect the honey from the bear DE is more complicated than most world bosses. On that front it looks like they're trying to address that but also making it so people are incentivised to not do same few over and over (Queensdale and Frostgorge) https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development-Topic-Living-World/page/35#post3170957

As for the condition/power chat we're really talking about pve here since this is the mode conditions blow in, they could make it better by at least turning it off inside dungeons. Do people actually give a poo poo about world bosses getting hurt with crits and bleeds? If damage is getting capped on one of those they're dead meat already.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

My 3 day suspension is over, and not a single peep on my support ticket filed 3 days ago asking why I was banned.

Is Anet customer support always this shockingly poor? This is the worst I've ever seen.

I know they unbanned al within a day.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/first#post48339

Just post it already, I wanna know who you told to go gently caress themselves.

SeaTard posted:

I just went through all your posts in the thread and didn't notice anything, would you mind posting again? I want to try Grenades on my Engineer, but all that clicking is driving me crazy.

I think it's some kind of Auto Hotkey macro.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

I have such a dislike for Gaile Gray that would probably get me in trouble even more.

Sounds like you're scared, if you don't post in that thread then the rumors we started about why you got banned are true.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
That map looks cool as hell.

I'm glad they're adding bottomless pits to every map they make now too, pushing people off them is the best.

EDIT: None of the mobs had defiant but I expect the keep lord to get it.

EDIT2: On the subject of defiant and conditions the balance dev said

quote:

Many things that were discussed will see the light of day in some form in the future, even though the focus of these topics were about what is going to be seen for Dec 10th. Some big takeaways for the future. We want control builds and condition builds to have more of a place in high end PvE.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Hmm yeah although the bazaar was cool those fun things lasted around 30 minutes and then it was done, the best part of it sprint and it's still in the game. Visiting the bazaar now is like going to any city that isn't LA, pointless when there isn't an event.

• Locked thread