Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

In case you want to make an informed decision on how to be a special snowflake:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Oh before I forget you can all oggle the prettiest princess in the game:

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Ghostpilot posted:

Oh hey, it plays the burned-to-death animation when I kill something. :supaburn:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the only thing damage type effects.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Roach Warehouse posted:

Hey so this game is on sale today, figured I'd pick it up and give it a shot. I don't know much about it, but once I've got it installed I look forward to playing with y'all.

I notice one of you guys recreated Princess Zelda on your character, is the customization done with a 'costume creator' type thing, or is it a matter of finding and recoloring gear?

All the cosplay outfits are just based on finding armor in the game that looks like it would fit and then dying it how you please. Dyes are unlocked per character so you can use them as much as you want once you buy it for your character.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Batham posted:

And it's way less lovely than it sounds. Some of the most prettiest gear is pretty hard to come by.

It' true. You have to do lots of dungeons and crafting to look this cute.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Halloween outfits are back along with two new ones including a juggalo getup.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

I'm curious if the two new ones will be as ridiculous in costume brawl.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Goon Squad is 100% princesses now.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

I got a mount

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

I'm so excited for these new purple dyes!! I got all of them so now I am even more beautiful. :newt: Cyanide looks pretty too if you're into blue, I guess.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

I think Kasmeer's staff was made for me. May as well have been called Princess Anime's staff.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

I don't even need a weapon to illuminate a room. :ssj:

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

What is the most important feature they omitted?

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm the prettiest thief princess. :3:

Pictured: in the Goshawk's natural habitat of Lion's Arch.
Not pictured: pair of cool + cute Whispers boots.

Not for long! My thief is already level 23.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Some people are really uncivilized in this game. They say the worst things to me.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Here are a couple new images of Goon Squad's top princess.

And here are some old ones.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Sorry but Skaazi and I will forever be the prettiest mesmers (only class that matters)

:frogc00l:

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Should've bought the Royal Terrace pass while you still could.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Midrena posted:

You guys here and at MMO Champion as well as GW2Style got me to buy the game simply through screenshots of your pretty princesses. <:mad:> I hope you're happy.

GW2 is the finest pretty princess play place. :sun:

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

As a VIP princess I can verify it is real.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

We took some pretty poses inside the Citadel of Flame today.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Here's me as a baby mesmer.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

If I ever get invested in the eSports side I'll make a Mesmer just to annoy the hell out of people. I assume they're the number one annoyance class?

Mesmer is really great for annoying people, especially new players. I've had plenty of fights where inexperienced players will not be able to spot me amongst my clones. They're also the greatest for camping the pvp jumping puzzle where you can stealth near the edge of cliffs and just toss people off before they even know you're there.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

My list:

-Fractals
-Fractals
-Get Arus to do Fractals (again)
-Fractals
-Fractals
-Fractals
-Fractals

Goon Squad has a handful of people who do level 49 fractals late every evening. Join us.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

He's already in Goon Squad though. :colbert:

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

I dunno I've gotten 5 chests now in the 40s. I really just want the fractal tonic.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

graynull posted:

I have an odd mesmer question that has eluded me for a while. It is kind of hard to google, and testing at low levels is difficult. When detonating illusions that are not in melee range with the target, is the damage dealt delayed until the clones run into melee range to explode? I tried testing it out at low level but it was hard to tell since things drop so fast, and it seemed kind of important to know to effectively using shatters long term. Maybe I am over-thinking it a bit.

Yes it is delayed.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

Super purple guardian part 2:

Beautiful!

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Violently Car posted:

I don't get why any class has access to permastealth. That's one of the most unhealthy game design paradigms you can do and it really bugs me that ANet is doing gently caress all about it.

Mesmer most definitely can't get permanent stealth and last patch changed Infusion of Shadow so thieves couldn't repeatedly gain initiative when stacking stealth.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Fuzzy and I went on a date at the aquarium but then it got weird...

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Midrena posted:

I started playing a couple weeks(ish) ago and I am so in love with my mesmer, it's crazy. She is incredibly fun to play, and taking part in the champion killing (Spider Queens, Alchemist, Toxic Wurm) in Kessex Hills when the previous Living Story was there also drilled the importance of dodging into my skull. I know how to dodge so well now. I've made a couple alts but I haven't played them much (they're both level 5), because I just adore my mesmer. :3: She's level 58 now. If I'm careful and patient, I can (slowly) chip away at some champion mobs with her if no one's around to help complete the event.

I was poking around on the wiki and looking up legendaries just to kind of drool over them, and I saw the Dreamer for the first time. I think I paused for five whole seconds staring at its effect. It's so ... I mean, I didn't expect a rainbow pony shooting out of the bow.

And now I kind of want it. :v: Though of course I can't use it on my mesmer (so more for an alt). Then again, it's not like I'd ever be able to get any legendary ever, but they're all nice to look at I suppose!

I know exactly how you feel. I hope that one day my Mesmer will be able to use the Dreamer.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

I have 1000 hours and I literally just realized that waypoints and warps may be some of the prettiest stuff ingame.

:sparkles:

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

I died and went to heaven

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Lonk posted:

So I am debating buying the eyepatches since I can only think to actually use them on mesmer or thief but my thief is in the 40's atm

The eyepatch is great.

Thanks Mercurius!

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

:ssj:

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

GreenV1rus posted:

When the gently caress are they gonna actually make fractal skins drop more?

:iiam:

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

She's gonna turn good but die and you'll plant her seed in your home instance where it'll bloom into a beautiful rose that you can harvest daily for pristine toxic spore samples.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

I'm moving to Borlis Pass. I finally found the people who adore me and understand me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

victorisham posted:

I'm trying to level a Mesmer as my ultimate pretty princess character. Are there any good, current builds for soloing, or is it going to be as painful as I've heard for Mesmers level 1-79?

I'd recommend using sword/pistol for most of your leveling. Dueling traits are pretty excellent because of Blade Training (Dueling IV) and Deceptive Evasion (Dueling X). Once you have those you can go into Illusions for increased shatter damage. Shattering is great for killing regular enemies. It has a ton of burst damage if you just use F1 every time you have 3 clones up. What usually trips people up is that phantasms are a huge source of consistent damage for longer fights (phantasms can do like 50% of your damage), while clones are generally good for absorbing enemy attacks and shattering for burst damage.

Ether Feast is really the only good Mesmer heal while leveling. It's also the one you start out with.

As for utilities, Mirror Images is really handy for providing 2 clones to quickly shatter for burst damage. Feedback is amazing for any ranged enemy, it can reflect most damage back at the enemy. Some really dumb enemies will nearly kill themselves in it without you even having to swing your blade. Blink is also a very handy utility for when you get stuck in a group of enemies or if you get knocked down.

• Locked thread