Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Hey gand (I think it was you who made it), can you repost that sword bleed warrior build? I'm making my warrior extremely Koss-like (I have the armour and working on the vicious fang stack for Koss on Koss, and as effective as Hundred Blades -> Whirlwind Attack -> Eviscerate -> Triple Chop -> repeat is I'd like to try something different. Man cannot live on zerk alone.

Also, you should all definitely join Blin in his aetherpath runs, the final boss is actually fun if goofy looking and I'm sure all the stuff that happened before they dropped a member and bribed me with gold and loot to fill the gap with my corpse was perfectly fine. Also also, Kes is some kind of grenade wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Jonny Angel posted:

Hi there wise goons I've got two minor questions:

1) I completed the mist vault jumping puzzle for my home server. Sorta. I got the bottom half of the key, then a group doing the puzzle invited me and led me to the vault with the chest. I followed one through and opened the chest successfully, which didn't use up my one key half but also didn't get me the achievements. I later obtained the top half, and can open the vault door with it. The chest, though, was already in its opened state and I was unable to get the achievement. Can I just log on tonight, get to the vault, open its chest, and get the achievements now that the chest has closed again? Or did I sorta break that, forcing me to head to enemy realms?
2) I'm 100% on every Shiverpeak area, but my exploration achievement for it says I'm 169/175. Do Shiverpeak dungeon areas count, or should I be seeking out 6 Shiverpeak areas without any waypoints, PoIs, etc.? I'm sure there are a few caves that just contain jumping puzzles or whatnot.

I'm two short on the same achievement and there are also mini-dungeon areas that count, the wiki now has zone maps that break down each zone into the individual areas to check off what you've missed if doing all the jumping puzzle and explorer achievements aren't helping much.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

But optimisation!?!?!?

(the closest to a rotation is switching between axe and greatsword on a warrior for much-vaunted max deeps)

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

What sort of sick perverse programmer designs a boss you damage only by firing at it from an airship turret to drop aggro and heal fully?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Full Fathoms Five posted:

Is it worth buying that salvage-o-matic thing? I've got 600 gems laying around an no idea what to spend it on. I could just trade it for 35 gold I guess, but I'm wondering if the convenience of the salvage machine is worth the cost, since it's on sale today.

Absolutely worth it. I have two.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

ItBurns posted:

Dodging is the most important skill. Situational awareness is some Sun Tzu-level bullshit.

Knowing where to dodge to is almost as important as knowing when to dodge. Basically I keep rolling into red rings I haven't noticed.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Now you made me think how awesome it would be if there were something like a "daily challenge" that was similar to daily cheevos, but way more difficult and rewarded gold/loot rather than cheevo points. The problem with a lot of the great content (especially JPs) is that they aren't worth doing more than once, since the rewards are so pitiful compared to mindless poo poo.

Imagine if every day, there was some kind lengthy challenge to complete:

• Complete every JP in the game
  • Kill 60 unique champions
  • Travel X distance without waypointing
  • i.e. Stuff that takes a considerable amount of time to do, but feasible to do in a day

For rewards, they could let you choose between different things, like flat gold, X number of Y mat, karma, exotic loot, hell maybe even gem store poo poo.

A man can dream.

Counterpoint: people have jobs.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

What could be the least subtle thief possible, now in glorious low res (I think imgur messed up a little while uploading cause I don't think it quite looks this bad ingame but I'm drinking now so ehh):

Can't miss out my mesmer:

(Ainsley Charriott was made to oil up)

And also cause everybody has one, my warrior! Spot the ingame plagarism homage:

Also with fitting equipment, of course:

e: Oh man, I picked the perfect moment to grab those screens.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Oh man, was I playing GW2 at 6:45am, back on April 28th 2012? Wasting my life.

I think this was just an animation error.

As was this:

And this (woop woop woop):

Saplings are very structurally sound, even in ghost form:

Also I really didn't remember ever seeing that face til I checked these screens over a year later.

I hadn't actually looked at my screens in ages and I didn't realise I'd accidentally made a diary of all my guardian's armour changes on the way to 80, and that I had really bad taste:

(I left out so many)

And then there was just some odd things I'd seen around the place:

(this is your sister if you picked that human personal story choice, spoilers she's not dead)
I forgot this ever happened

And finally, Magg is the loving worst

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It's a giant robot puppet? And a terrible voiceover?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Yea you get not loot during the Marionette fight.

You get code fragments from champs. About 1-2 or so. The mobs also may not count for on-kill effects, they definitely don't trigger Virtue of Justice's recharge even if soloed.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

malhavok posted:

The event spawns every two hours on the hour, there is no reason for you to be waiting around for an hour.

Overflows, dude. It'll be less hassle in the millisecond between the novelty wearing thin and people not bothering.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

rap music posted:

Funny, I thought this Dolyak looked a bit too calm given the ongoing buttbot attack.

bonus gratuitous butt shot!

You screenshotted that chat window but not my pun after, I am disappointed.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ussr posted:

3 Mystic Forge Stones.

I'm just wondering if the cost of blue/green/yellow + the 3 stones nets a higher value than just buying the crude kits. Goddamnit I do not have enough sperg in me to figure this out. I blow through maybe 2 mystic salvage kits in a week (maybe more), I don't know if I have the patience to buy 30 crude salvage kits in a week. It's probably a better use of money though.

Get the salvage-o-matic, seriously.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

Plus robot noises!
NOW I SHALL BREAK YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

sound_again posted:

I'm eager to try amber and become incredibly angry at whatever goes on there.
You get smothered in goo from an exploding abomination, stand on a red arrow, get knocked over by a wall of husks, run around trying to kill some adds until you flailingly spot another abomination, get recoated in goo, stand on the red arrow again, avoid being knocked over and get swallowed. Then you pick up a harpoon gun, fire it at a sphincter, get launched out with your normal weaponry and wonder what you're meant to do as the stacks of invinciblity on the wurm drop to 17, read the dulfy page to see you need to fire the last shot of the harpoon at its head and start swearing when you realise you either had it glitched or far more probably wasted it in the lag between being spat out and pressing 1 to fire it while inside. And so did everyone else.

The lesson is read the dulfy page first.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

CODChimera posted:

As a Guardian I can definitely buff and sometimes damage enemies through the field with my staff.

I did not know Empower could reach the other pods! I imagine other buffs would, and also possibly flamethrower 1 as well. Staff guardians are really loving good for the marionette, though, in both lane defense and on the platforms.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

The purple glowy chain is alright, I guess, though I prefer* the nonglowy version.

*could only afford

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Archonex posted:

What's the over and under on us having to put Scarlet down since she was corrupted by (insert next raid boss here)? They're already making overtures towards that being the outcome of this arc.

They could charge gems for the kill Scarlet instance entry key, buy Andorra and rename it Tyria.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

There's a interview about the Origins of Madness release on a gaming site somewhere that says Taimi is Zojja's apprentice and that she'd have something to say about what's going on, so they've probably managed to get Day back for the third or final LS part.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

jyrque posted:

I just created a new Ranger alt and for once decided to use the Golem Banker I get from buying CE to gain access to lvl 20 scrolls immediately after intro.

There's a two week and one hour cooldown on this thing. :gonk:

I could understand a hourly cooldown or heck, once a day but that is just so :anet:

Did they change it from a flat five day time limit and not tell anyone? Cause that might make it a little less useless.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

forkbucket posted:

That would be clone death, they changed their minds and decided to not change the way deceptive evasion works when you already have 3 clones/illusions. Currently if you have 3 clones and dodge it'll kill one and make a new one, triggering on-clone-death stuff when it happens.

Wait, does this mean if you have three phantasms out then the on-clone-death stuff happens at where you dodged from and the dodge clone dies at? Or does it just not happen? It's been a while since I played my mesmer.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

ItBurns posted:

Spoiler: There is a slummy basement under each section of DR, even the collapsed one, and they will build a giant magic-powered cannon on top of the dome area and use it to shoot a dragon.

drills, cogs, poison trees
dull downed state enemies
self 'sert NPCs
not just in PVE
SCARLETOTH

(Mordremoth fits but we know who the final boss will be)

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

And I thought their vine account was bad enough.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Lyer posted:

New armor in the store? Can someone post it here when they get the chance?

Zodiac armour?

Just from here so far.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

gently caress, download's stopped on the last file, 350.59mb in.

e: haha it was like 40mb by itself

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Batham posted:

Some people are losing their poo poo about the fact that the 1% ship has crafting stations and the vigil keep doesn't.

:ughh:

Man, what a shame that Rata Sum is so far away!

Also the only two bad things about this update are 1: champion molten protectors, aka giving a mob you have to knock out of their invincibility ward to damage stacks of defiant and B) not giving quaggans jumping so I can't do jps as one

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

They'll probably let you do the recipe after if you still have the mats for it, I don't think they've disabled many forge recipes at all. Also drink less.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Did you move to the back of the Chantry when you zoned in? I vaguely remember having to go over as much of the instance as you could.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Werner-Boogle posted:

Don't say anything positive about the living story since literally everyone in this thread will jump down your throat with the same dumb "It's bad" stuff.

(where they got the name from)

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Demon_Corsair posted:

I have yet to find the love for the hammer.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

There's a lot of new goons coming in and playing recently and not all of them have map completion, so I've grabbed some screens and scrawled the locations of all the guild rushes, challenges, puzzles and the usual easy bounties we do with the best waypoint for them, so you'll know where to go and what waypoint to get ready for all the missions on Saturday/Sunday. I know it's late, I've been in the pub working all weekend. I also threw in the world event locations to justify taking that screenshot of Orr make that easier as well. I make no apologies for using Paint, or for handwriting with a mouse. Colour key is in the first image.

For Crab Rush, there's an event on the route to kill a vet wurm, PLEASE DO NOT KILL IT as the followup event fills that area with invulnerable wurms who are a pain to rush past - however there is a ramp to get up without needing to use the tunnel.

Wolf Rush is in the cave, be careful not to miss running behind the waterfall.

Quaggan Rush can be a pain but just be careful of the mines. And the enemies. And not going too far away from the course or you'll leave bounds and fail it. Basically be careful.
The supplies challenge is best done by going out to the enemy spawn points and leashing them out there. The mid-event Stalkers are the main threat, take them out first. Once the Igniters and lower level guys start coming we'll have basically won.

For the Blightwater challenge, zerging each crystal almost to death until they're all extremely low then burning them down before the 30 second on first crystal destruction limit works pretty well. Also drat it I missed putting Maw on this image.

Best way to get to Ebonhawke is via the asura portal in Divinity's Reach, in the Rurikton district.
The upper pink-marked waypoint is the better one, as the charr side of Ogres Wars is faster.
Like the last one, this challenge is a 'kill all three in 30 seconds of the first dead' event.

Spider rush is best rush. Abuse your leap ability as much as possible, you can leap to - for example - the top of the wooden ramp structure when leaving the first tunnels and passing two traps by jumping straight to the flags above you. Leaping to the underside of a platform places you on top, and there are at least two vet enemies you can completely skip.

The waypoints surrounding the volcano are probably going to be uncontested longer than the central one so get a couple of those too. In fact just complete Mount Maelstrom cause it's one of the cooler zones in the game.
Quaggan challenge! DO NOT RELEASE MORE THAN ONE QUAGGAN PER TEAM! DO NOT LEAVE A QUAGGAN ALONE! That said, if the timer's about to run out and you've still got a few left, releasing all quaggans removes the timer leaving you to manage getting the last to safety without a time limit.

I have no idea about bad wurm.

Whoops, that waypoint in Cursed Shore touching the 80 should be marked in pink too, OH WELL
The CS marked waypoint is also good for Gates of Arah.

Hope this helps people know where to run to for all those sweet commendations! Sorry it's a total mess visually! Just remember to touch everything.

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 10, 2014

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Arus, could you put a link to that post in the OP?

Illu, I'm promoting you for that. :)

Thanks guys, I figure Diego has no excuse now.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Myriad posted:

I would never have gotten that stupid loving drinks achievement without my clicker thing. That is by far the worst achievement I've ever done, even warhorn master was less painful.

I'm not even considering warhorn master until I can get my necro to the little tunnel full of critters in Straits and run down it with warhorn 5 a few hundred times, preferably traited.

I'd have thought shield was the worst.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

They can be surprisingly useful sometimes, but mostly they're best used for bad puns.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

^ there should be more reasons to go back to your home instance than the nodes, like, say, updated NPC dialogue from the ones you met in your personal story who are not chilling there.

rap music posted:

Are all of the new traits exclusively Grandmaster? There are a few that would be pretty interesting at the adept tier and don't really seem like 30 point traits.

I want to see them hide all the nicest traits behind 'Kill Simin'.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ugh does he really want a Caithe sex scene

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

thanks alot assbag posted:

Holy loving christ, over the last three days or so I ran Arah 1, 3, and 4, the less popular paths. Path 4 tonight took nearly 5 hours. Public shout out to everyone that ran it with me - Niiba Bi, Gynivire, Peyote Jones, and others who were in it for one of those three runs. I couldn't have done it without y'all, and I couldn't have done it without a shitload of alcohol.

For loving serious, Arah sucks

Unstenk posted:

The aftermath of Arah path 4. So glad we never have to run that again. Big thanks to thanks alot assbag and the rest for those runs.

Never again. I woke up at 3pm, Arah 4 ate a day of my holiday. The least of its crimes. The chief challenge of a dungeon should really not be trying to stay awake while autoattacking. Also, Simin is a chore like no other.

I can't thank you guys who ran it with me enough, though. You're all wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm pretty sure you can join an LFG finder group from anywhere? Unless you mean literally entering the dungeon, I don't think it's a big deal at all to port to any point in that entire zone.

While less annoying than before, running down to Cursed Shore is still a pain in the rear end.

Really if you're not making all party members walk in individually why not let the other four join from anywhere? It's not like you haven't opened it in the first place.

• Locked thread