Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I know people find mesmers a pain to level, and I don't really disagree, but I'm finding that my level 27 mesmer is a hell of a lot more fun to play than my similarly-leveled engineer. (And I like my engineer.)

Then again I won the Black Lion lottery and picked up the bat greatsword skin, so maybe I'm just easily amused by bats flying everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I am choosing to interpret this as "Scarlet was always a Krait-induced mass hallucination" and no one can tell me different.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I don't know, I think "I would like to do a thing and I can't because it's designed to need 50 people and 49 of those people did it the first day and never looked back" isn't that unreasonable. But this isn't a game where you're ever going to be able to do everything, and there will always be something new to do sooner or later. As a recovering nigh-obsessive completionist myself, I will tell you that you need to abandon nigh-obsessive completionism, or you will never be happy, in this game or out of it.

(I do still need to get my candy corn node though, or I'll never be able to accumulate a huge pile of candy corn that I'll never do anything with).

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It is still my position that there is no Scarlet, and any sightings can be attributed to Krait Hallucination Spores and also rays.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

victorisham posted:

I'm trying to level a Mesmer as my ultimate pretty princess character. Are there any good, current builds for soloing, or is it going to be as painful as I've heard for Mesmers level 1-79?

Once you get access to the trait (at level 40, I believe) that lets you spawn clones whenever you dodge, your survivability goes waaaaaay up. Until then, it's kind of a slog, though I actually found the tactics of playing a low-level Mesmer to be kind of fun.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

So I've just started up the game again after about a year off. This is still the pretty princess cosplay game, right?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Wait, so there are people who don't just play this as a giant exploration/plant harvesting game in which you occasionally kill things?

I don't understand.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

It looks like one of those pictures where pet owners dress up their cat in some ugly ill-fitting piece of clothing and the poor thing looks distressed and confused and scared.

I was gonna say, I think my sister did that to our family dog once when we were kids.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'll probably buy the expansion but I'm certainly not seeing a compelling reason to pre-order it.

(There is no compelling reason to pre-order video games.)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

On the one hand, it is not a great day for financial responsibility.

On the other hand, Hawkgirl:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

Has anyone else had problems with suddenly getting lag to the point of making the game unplayable? It suddenly started a few days ago for me, I can run around town normally but as soon as there's combat or much effects I get less than 1 FPS. I suspected some hardware making GBS threads itself, but I'm not noticing anything in other games. Tried lowering settings and updating my GPU driver, didn't work. My GPU is a GeForce GTX 670 if it matters.

This happened to me, almost identical symptoms, a while back. It turned out that my CPU (not my GPU) was having heat issues and a good dusting inside my case cleared it right up. Guild Wars will absolutely push your CPU to its limits in ways that other games don't seem to.

• Locked thread