Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

No mention of best legendary quip. Op sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

I was 2384 last check. No screenshot for proof until I get home.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

Hey I stopped playing this game yesterday please list all changes since then so I know whether or not to start again. I have already reinstalled it and am waiting to click 'play' but how can I do it without goonful insight?

Warriors buffed. Missed temporary dungeon and eles were nerfed(rip gandletharpe).

Come back. It's still better than ($insert crap mmo here$).

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Wait hang on, what's this about autoleveling to 20 again?

Birthday gift was a auto level to 20 gift.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

UchihaHirou posted:

If you haven't started playing yet, don't! It will consume you, like it did me.

This is a terrible game, you won't enjoy it.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

This game is great, come back.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Tarq posted:

Where can I find some good reading on how to suck less as an Engineer in both PvE and WvW?

I hate to say it but for wvw. Ask in maguuma.net. That's the home place for pyro, vr and derp. That's your 3 biggest wvw guilds.

Of course SFD is still #1 world first best pvp, wvw, fat, pve, esports, tequatl guild.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

saiyr posted:

Engineers in WvW: Perplexity runes and lots of interrupts. But seriously, the big WvW guilds don't run many engineers. It may be difficult to get a response about it.

Yeah I really can't think of anyone who mains a engineer that plays a lot of WvW. Saiyr would know if there was one.

They are great for esports though. Ask arus for his build. Bastard just knocks you down over and over.

E: add in maguuma public mumble to op please arus for WvW antics.

jaegerx fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 21, 2013

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

What are PSYOPS?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

McSlaughter posted:

So I've got four of my eight characters at level 80, and the other four are in their twenties. I have about twelve birthday boosters (and about twice that many XP boosters) and I'm looking to start min-maxing them to powerlevel all my characters. What is the best way to go about doing this? What zones/events should I be farming? I was figuring the champ train in Queensdale, but the issue is that the XP boosters only give bonus XP for kills, not events, at least.

Labyrinth. If ours is dead guest to a huge server and try there's. You get lvld to 80.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

McSlaughter posted:

My only issue with doing Orr Temple events is that I'm trying to powerlevel severely lower level characters. I imagine if any trash mob sneezes on me I'll die if I'm only level 30 in a 75-80 zone.

Oh a Xushin karma train is good also if you play during his times. He'll flip a ton of towers and keeps during them. I think Xushin reps Nova but you can find them on the server forums saiyr runs. Maguuma.net.

E: hint arus.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Everybody loves fireworks.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Arus by the SA rules can you please include quip as the greatest legendary.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

kafziel posted:

Well that doesn't make any sense at all. This is a game where The Dreamer exists.

Apparently you don't understand the SA rules, quip is best legendary.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

Borderland varies from one match to the next. So we might be red or blue next time. You never know.

Actually I think we're stuck as Red now thanks to the new season. The new matchups show us as always being red.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Cartoon Violence posted:

Anyway, the new thread seemed like a good place to start. If I come back, is there anything I should do to avoid it becoming a slog again? And would it be a good idea to start from the beginning again?

Join a good guild, SFD or Goonsquad. You will find lots of fun things to do.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Clam Down, can you please add my guild in

Servants of JaegerX

We are totally serious about pve and trying to do arah runs as the fastest guild ever. No PGS thread just but just pm me or find me in game.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

When the gently caress is Mad King Says?

Now, just wait around lions arch

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Well, this is something.

http://gw2efficiency.com/

Is this how low we've come?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

poo poo, I still need that. SFD assemble!

After you abandoned us due to yet another ele nerf? We are not are your beckoning call. You left us man, you left us.

Ah whatever, say when, I'm in.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Lyer posted:

I've discovered the wonderful world of guardian mace and shield. Only darkness lies down this path doesn't it?

Do you have a weird shield addiction? If so you'll hate aegis.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh my god I won't be home until like 6 pacific, wait for me??

The guild doesn't revolve around you Arus. Err who am I kidding, the Earth revolves around your mass.

I also won't be home till 6pm pacific so wait for me since I am more important than Arus.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

Just found out that apparently they haven't changed their clocks for daylight savings time, when I was at 3/5 dailies and they rolled over an hour early. Curse you Anet, how hard is it to handle basic clock programming? There's not even bandwidth involved! :argh:

Cause UTC doesn't use daylight savings.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Sole.Sushi posted:

I will wait for you. :heysexy:

Yeah ok ignore me, thanks. It's ok, I'm suspended again anyway for something. I didn't even play yesterday. Probably for blaming arus for the downtime.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

I feel the love, I'll just be over here by myself. Hoping someone misses me.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh I cuss like a motherfucker all the time as everyone knows, I'm just curious what I finally said to push me over the line after a year and a half of acting the same. Anet should really have the decency to warn on first offense for language of all things rather than a 3 day ban, kind of extreme, it's not like I'm a WvW orb speed hacker.

I made this last night, https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/wuv/I-know-why-we-have-downtime/first#post3153592

However it's not deleted and i'm not probated and it's both me and arus in it.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

2 days and no response to a ticket? What is wrong with Anet support. I realize I'm not paying a sub but you can at least update me with a "Foff jaegerx" instead of just ignoring the ticket. I want to know if I got suspended for telling maths or mux to gently caress off. I need to know who to hate more.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Maybe some jelly pub reported you for Quip spamming.

Oh yeah I do that a lot don't I. I may have to quit sassmouth sundays if this continues.

^^^ visidan, we'll be unbanned in 3 days times so there's no point after that unless we really care to find our chat logs.

jaegerx fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 8, 2013

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

They should add in the Glamour Slam© as a finisher. You know the one.

Arus would pay 1600gems for this.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

We had one guy walk a single golem off a cliff, which threw off the most insane hour of map chat raging, people literally giving us death threats, and SFD being blacklisted by the tryhard guilds. Yup we're sure huge dicks.

I saw all the tryhard guilds using up keep supply to repair a wall being trebbed so they could get their achievement including a [GOON] so seriously get over it if 1 guy accidently walked a golem off a cliff.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Did someone offer to send him 20s for the golem plans?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

New guy, come with Goon Squad or SFD guild groups (whichever one you're in) and turn off map chat/team chat. You will still have a great time.

Or leave it on and type reported* every few minutes.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Mosthated posted:

Cool points for Anet on this.

Let's see. It took arus and I to get a response to our banned ticket 6 days. Arus submits a ticket tonight to get his changed. I see them acting on it sometime next year.

Good luck Arus.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Voyager I posted:

I do appreciate the help, but I might just end up installing EVE instead :smith:

Don't do that to yourself. Go to the official forums. The support ones are safe. They will help you.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

This is our finest picture ever

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Ninja2507 posted:

SFD shenanigans are one of the many reasons y'all should get GW2 if you are still on the fence. That and it's an MMO that is actually fun to play and level through.

So come on down and have some fun! :)

SFD shenanigans are opsec level 12. The are only revealed to the inner kabul of SFD higher cabinet.

WvV Wednesday: The ramoking.

All SFD, please continue opsec security protocol :rocode:

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

of the hundreds of WvW videos I have watched, this is the only good one

the thief heartseekering himself to death at 1:20 gave me indescribable joy

That build requires on the people you fight to be stupid, so it works 99% of the time.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

bamhand posted:

Is there a thing I have to do to get an invite to the goon guild?

Also starfleetdental.com is back online so you can ask there as well. Read the OP, it's informative and full of food references.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

It seems a lot of enemies are attracted to the player with the highest toughness. I noticed this while using my necro with 2400 armor in a party made of mostly elementalists and thieves. If you are using rabid or dire armor in a group of glass cannons there is a chance you have the highest toughness.

It does feel that way, I rock 2300 toughness on my wvw gear and if I don't take it off for pve then I end up being the target of everything. I switch over to zerkers and nothing bothers me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

(Apologies for the common question)

I'm thinking of playing again a bit, I haven't played since shortly after it came out. Are there any classes that have been changed significantly since then, as in their play-style feels distinctly different? Is warrior still OP?

Yes, pretty much yes to all your questions.

• Locked thread