Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I've been playing this game off and on for almost 2 years now. I have a level 80 Charr engineer (who really needs an outfit overhaul), a level 80 salad warrior and a level ~67 Charr elementalist.

I'm looking for a bit of ~fashion advice~. This is my pretty princess Sylvari warrior:

(outfit is a mixture of Nightmare Court armor and T2/T3 cultural)

I think Belladonna would be the perfect greatsword skin for him, and in fact it inspired both the outfit and the dyes. Should I grind the 500+ gold to buy it, or just run Aetherpath until I get it? (Or until I get one of the other Aetherized weapons and just sell that for all the gold instead.)

(Gems are also an option I guess :homebrew:)

If I start playing this game regularly again, I'll apply to the goon guilds. I know there's limited space right now, and I'd rather not take a slot that could go to someone who will play regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I remember a couple pages ago there was a post about Nexon and a hostile takeover. While this doesn't support that idea, Nexon is making demands: http://mmoculture.com/2015/02/nexon-vs-ncsoft-official-proposal-revealed-to-make-ncsoft-changes/

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
"/sit" in the chat window will make you sit down.

There's a whole bunch of chat emotes besides sit, too.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Do we know what the new necromancer weapon will be? Greatsword would be awesome in a gameplay/story integration sense, considering both Trahearne and Marjory wield greatswords. (Though arguable Saladbag Caladbolg is a bundle, not a weapon.)

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
These changes look pretty cool. I like that they're separating stats from traits -- I've run into that decision several times when playing around with builds.

I'm curious about the Core Skill Tracks. From what I understand, there's a track for each skill type, and you unlock the skills of that type by progressing along the track. I mostly play Engineer, so there would be a Weapon Kit track, an Elixir track, a Turret track and so on.
Thing is, the best Engineer elite skill (really, the only good one) is Supply Crate, which would probably count as a Turret skill. I mostly use weapon kits and Elixirs in my build. Does that mean I would have to progress all the way through the Turret track just to get the elite skill?

I guess it's not a huge deal if I'm already level 80, but if you're leveling up an Engineer you'd have to be more careful with Hero points. And maybe people would experiment with different elite skills.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

treizebee posted:

As of right now, how many traits/classes did they go over? Did I miss enough to warrant watching the vod when its over?

There's a recap thread on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/33qrg0/specialization_ama_livestream_notes/
(it's not being updated in real time.)

They're just starting Mesmer now, and have already covered Ele, Thief, Guardian and Engi. They're showing each trait line, but there are a lot of unfinished skills.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Illuyankas posted:

Oh hey, that's coo-

:negative:

Grenades were too beautiful for this world.

Juggernaut gives Stability now (instead of Might?) which is neat.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

so let me see if i understand this

elementalist and grenade engi got kicked in the nads and condition necro is getting buffs so ludicrous people are expressing disbelief that they're real

i guess it's time to play gw2 again?

e: and mesmers are a real class instead of "thieves, but bad" ???

The grenade nerf basically sounds like they want us to use Mortar for long-range attacks. At least 3 grenades per throw is baseline now, even though we lost the poison field on #5.

Of course, nothing is final, and the necro changes might be scaled down to reality by the time this is released.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

goattrails posted:

I guess some people enjoy dated cartoon graphics and archaic controls.

A couple friends got me to play WoW for a couple hours.

It's so boring. How did they manage to make combat boring? I don't understand.

GW2 is fun though.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Reaper looks really awesome, and I may have to make a necro now.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Stability. Makes you immune to control affects like knockback and interrupts. It's really important in WvW and PvP.

Engineers basically can't get it, which is bs.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

UNATCO Telephone posted:

I don't know poo poo about Engineers and would like to learn more. I mainly play PvE and just want to shoot mans. Is there a place for me to go to learn about builds and playstyles?

Wolfineer's site is the most comprehensive source of GW2 Engineer information. The Engineer Handbook is particularly detailed: http://wolfineer.com/the-engineer-handbook/

Honestly the guy's a bit obsessed with Engineer.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Beta weekend was fun. I mostly played Scrapper and Revenant, though I also took advantage of the free gear to try out condi engineer. Didn't have time to try out Reaper, that's next on my list.

I also played daredevil :sparkles:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Countblanc posted:

I just started playing this and like it well enough to want more than two character slots. Is there a way to upgrade to the base game and unlock the other 3 slots (as well as poo poo like mailing items apparently)? When I went to the upgrade page it asked me to pay $50 for the expansion with no other alternatives aside from deluxe editions of the expansion for more money. That's a lot of cash for a game I just started and just want to trade items and have 1-2 more characters in. Am I missing something obvious?

If you bought GW2 (the base game) between January - June, you can get it refunded. I don't think you could have bought just GW2 after that, it should have come with the expansion automatically.
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/94582027-Heart-of-Thorns-Pre-Purchase-FAQ down at the bottom, "Refund of core game purchase".
Or I'm completely misunderstanding your post. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Lonk posted:

I miss Scrapper now because it is great and fun and awesome and a bunch of idiots thought it was bad because they don't know what the gently caress they are doing. Kinda like SAB all over again. At least this poo poo is coming back in a few weeks.

Agreed.

Someone a few pages back asked if anyone managed to use the function gyro. I got only one revive with it, and it felt really finicky to get a target on my downed ally. But the revive itself was really fast, so it's great if you manage to get it to work.
It might be more useful in PvP or WvW.

• Locked thread