Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Lonk posted:

Good riddance.

also at this point it's kinda like whining about spoilers to lord of the rings or something, who gives a poo poo?

I'm sure some people care and that's a pretty dick attitude on your part. Not that it really matters, within the first hour there were people in map chat spamming "IN CASE YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS <spoilers> LOL"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

I need to report a crime...

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

goonsquad.jpg

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

Oh don't give me that in this genre bullshit, soul bound was a dumb loving mechanic given the game's cosmetics, and I was fond of them, but I couldn't use them at all, PERIOD, why keep poo poo I can only look at. This was months ago, well before this stuff was even a twinkle in Anet's collective eye.

I'm not that interested in running around gathering cosmetics, I have my look already.

And that's not the only thing really.

Very little incentive to level alts anymore thanks to the new garbage trait system. Even if you wanted to level, no incentive to dress them up because of charges.

I barely champed farmed, but the times I did, it at least provided me some quick money, sometimes even high tier mats, how do I get a lot of gold now? Dungeons, which is boring as poo poo, I've ran them thousands of times.

Rewards for anything are still hosed, loot is still junk.

Zerker was nerfed, nothing else was altered, ergo the meta will remain zerker, they didn't make any other builds magically more viable now, nobody's tossing their zerker gear for Cleric's, or rabid's or whatever.

PvP was poo poo, now its gated by money.

WvW is still just zerg versus zerg.

I mean I ain't mad or nothing, I paid 60 bucks for a game I played for 800 hours, I got more than my money back, pretty sure I've spent close to a 100 on gems to because I liked the game, wanted to give something back to the content providers. Its still a good game, I just don't really care anymore and this mega update did nothing to change that, if anything it killed what little interested I had.

Whatever, its irrelevant at this point, game is uninstalled, was fun playing with y'all, see ya in the expansion, when you do a guild clean-up go ahead and remove me, I'll just re-apply whenever the expansion drops, if it ever does.

Arus, since I owe you a shield, expect a PM gem code in the future, that should cover the candy cost and a little extra for being such a good person.

Susie, you're still the best SFD has, never change.

So much wrong with this post, but I'll just say you leaving is probably the best thing for everyone. Have fun complaining about whatever game you move on to next!

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
It's good that this patch has brought so many goons back to the game. Unfortunately it also seems to have brought back some lovely attitudes that would be right at home on the official forums.

"zones are full, meh, events still aren't worth doing"
"game is only focused on pvp, so much for play how you want"
"new trait system is hosed and too complicated, gj anet"
"what about all the skins I already salvaged/deleted??????"

My favorite so far though is that Anet releases the most extensive quality of life patch since release, containing features that the players specifically asked for, and somebody ragequits.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

Remember to scroll over any link you see here folks.

I thought you rage quit? Back already?

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

kafziel posted:

Do tell, what's this ranger bunker build and how does it work?

I think it's this - massive amount of evades and regen, probably drives people crazy.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQRAsf3InEqQvg2vCWsYAp9QTMPMhV4QcPGF/LELY1B-TwAg2CrIATBmDMDYSwsgN8Y5x+j5HA

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

Build how you want and the gently caress the meta.

"Get carried by other people."

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Turncoat Mommy posted:

PU is a really bad spvp build.

But I like when the bunker comes to take my point and ends up dying before they can decap it. Especially engies, they always seem so confused.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
The most broken thing about gw2 is the lovely, entitled players who want everything their way and if anet doesn't meet their demands then "ITS THE STUPIDEST THING EVER AND gently caress IT I'M UNINSTALLING BUT I'LL CHECK IN PERIODICALLY."

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

quite the fucker posted:

is there a way to get ascendecd celestial gear without charging quartz crystals

no

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Lyer posted:

Is it true the medium stalwart shoulders are no longer obtainable at the moment?

That is true

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Rand Brittain posted:

I am constantly short on both laurels and karma.

It's weird how different people hit their bottlenecks on different types of currency.

That's why people shouldn't make generalized statements like "laurels are worthless."

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Heavy Lobster posted:

I felt like it's less a complaint about temporary content and more the fact that the living story isn't really doing what it set out to do/what Anet is trying to make it do. I get the philosophy of temp content as a way of keeping people playing consistently as well as progressing the events of the world, but it's more that the "living" part of the story isn't there - regardless of content being temporary, it almost never leaves any sort of impact, which is less of a content-left-over thing and more of an any-way-of-telling-what's-happened thing. For players returning after this arc and LS being reconstructed, one of the biggest potential gamechangers is just going to be rendered moot because ??. Having a central city is good, but it doesn't have to be Lion's Arch, and the fact that it is LA again feels kinda forced.

e: tl;dr: what crimson said.

I really don't understand your complaint. It's unlikely that LA is just going to pop up again one day, exactly the same as it was before being destroyed. As for returning players missing out on the impact, rewards, whatever - I'm 100% okay with the content being designed primarily for the people playing the game NOW and not the "players returning after X."

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

can we get some new material?

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

What separates the good mesmers from the bad mesmers.

Not using greatsword in dungeons.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Lonk posted:

I am normally not one to complain this much about new content (except for laughing at how bad the writing is) but I've gotta say that so far this is the grindiest pile of horseshit I've seen and is not fun whatsoever. They seriously expect me to pay money into a gold sink to start up Boss Blitz so I can fight several legendary 1-hit kill bosses with 80 billion hp in a time limit so I can RNG for crappy gear?

This is just bad design period. I will say that at least the areas look cool but once I get my sun helm I'm out.

That didn't take long.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

Also if you're afraid of going full squish, soldier with zerker weapons/trikens or knight's with zerker weapons/trinkets will help with that and still give you decent DPS.

There's really no good reason not to go full Berserker or Assassin in PvE.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

You can do all PvE content in cleric greens.

I consider not being comfortable without going full squish pretty good reasons myself.

The only reason you would do PvE content in cleric greens is because "LOL I'm doing PvE in cleric greens." I don't know why you'd purposefully gimp yourself or advise someone else to do it. Avoiding berserkers/assassins because you're afraid of getting downed is counter-intuitive. The main damage mitigation technique in this game is dodging, second to that is bursting enemies down before they can be a real threat. Knights/Soldiers/Clerics doesn't help with either of those. I'm not saying it's good design or that you can't use different stat sets, I'm just saying that if you're looking for advice on how to be the most helpful to a group (and to yourself) in PvE then berserker or assassin is the way to go.

It's one of the reasons why I love PvP/small-scale WvW so much, because other stats/builds actually matter.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'd recommend rolling a class that appeals to you, heading into the Heart of the Mists, and fooling around with skills and traits there. It can give you an idea of playstyle at level 80, and sometimes you'll be surprised by which classes click for you.

This is the best answer to "what class should I play?"

Plus, a few days in PvP will teach you more about your class than months in PvE and I really believe a big part of "having fun" is knowing how to play your class. I see people make complaints about their class that are just blatantly wrong.

central fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 29, 2014

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
I'm having a hard time thinking of any dungeon encounter that requires a ranged weapon. I know there's a few but they're so rare that Alteisen is right, just keep a ranged weapon in your bag, not on a weapon slot.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

WYA posted:

I have like two legendary precursors sitting in my account since like the beginning, are they still worth anything? It's the rifle and the pistol

Record a video of you deleting them.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
There isn't a single good reason why you should sell them.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

WYA posted:

Do you think it would make them even more angry when I reveal that I bought the precursors with gold I scammed off reddit right after release?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9VHImqIMYQ

You rascal

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
SFD and GOON should team up one evening for a few hours of coordinated boss blitz gold farm. Get everyone their achievement quickly and a nice stack of champ bags and gauntlet tickets. Or is that too tryhard?

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Kazoo posted:

The Chaos of Lyssa is mine! Didn't have to spend 1500g on a recipe, thank god.

How many chances did you open before getting it? I've been farming gauntlet in between boss blitz rounds and I have about 500 chances I've held off on opening in case they changed the drop rate.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
I keep making the mistake of reading the official forums. Holy poo poo that place is a cesspool. The amount of teenage angst and hatred aimed at the devs is insane. I almost want one of them to snap one day and reply with a "gently caress you all" post.

Anet: "Hey guys due to the bug with some people not receiving their WvW reward chest we're going to hold off on releasing the vendor until everything is fixed."

psychokillah.1723: "WOW wowowwowoow so I get screwed becuz sum1 else is broken???? U better compensate for extra wait time or I'm out. LOL GG anet"

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

For the love of gently caress Anet, maybe you should try to see why people do what they do in terms of stacking and exploiting before you start "fixing" things.

Uh that's exactly what they did...

People stacked because it broke one of the boss' mechanics.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

Because the poison ticks at a retarded rate and she has no cooldown on it, if she wants to fill the entire room up with poison, she can and will.

That's why people stacked, just lowering the frequency of the poison pools was enough of a fix or make the old pools vanish when she shits out new ones.

Her poison ticks also downs pets incredibly fast thus rendering that class gimmick pointless yet again, but what else is new.

It's not a difficult encounter. It might take longer than 10 seconds now, but it doesn't warrant a "for the love of gently caress, Anet." If you need advice on ranger in dungeons, get with hobb because he has it down to a science.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

I know the boss, I've fought her plenty normally.

I'm just awful at explaining myself, so I guess I'll just be blunt.

Is there such a monster as a good exploit and a bad one?

Stacking broke the spider queen, is this any different than using a thief to skip the golem part hunt in Caudedcus? Or going through walls in Arah when it was possible?

Was corpse strats and skipping the drill poo poo in the dredge fractal(when it was possible) a good exploit or a bad one?

Should all exploits be considered equal?

This would make sense if your original post had been "Good work, Anet. Now get to fixing the other exploits."

But it wasn't.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

malhavok posted:

You are saying if a fight is so horrible that everyone wants to skip it you should make it not horrible before you make it unskippable. I got ya.

We've already established that the spider queen is not horrible at all. It really doesn't matter what Anet does to make the bosses more fun or engaging or whatever, people will skip them if there's a way.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

CLAM DOWN posted:

Stacking is dumb because it's un-fun, boring, and kinda cheap.

After doing the dungeons legitimately so many times, it's more fun now (to me) to see how fast and efficiently a group can get through them.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

CLAM DOWN posted:

Bullshit, you're playing with the wrong people. I hate to think how many times I've done AC, especially path 1. But last night with my lovely friend dentists? We were howling with laughter on mumble and having a goddamn boatload of fun, and our tactics as you can see from the video were all over the place. Saying that everything gets boring is totally wrong.

Are you just not willing to believe that people find speedclearing fun? Nobody is disputing that you had a great time doing AC "the right way."

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

King Lazer posted:

I don't think it makes sense to consider "not stacking" to be some singular thing the way stacking is. There's a tremendous amount of potential for variation and no need for things to become repetitive. To me, the appeal of not stacking is that it makes it seem like stuff is happening.

I actually do have a really difficult time imagining how ultra-efficient speedrunning could be fun for anyone, but I guess anything is possible.

It's more like "fastest" vs everything else.

The problem is everyone is arguing from their own perspective as if that's the only answer. If I have fun clearing AC 1-3 in less than an hour and Arus has fun taking his time and having coordinated snack breaks every 5 minutes then neither of us is wrong. One way isn't better or more right than the other.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

quite the fucker posted:

what's the fastest way to get dragonite ore

Probably farming world bosses or karma training in WvW.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

Hey Turncout and fellow e-sporters of SFD and GOON.

I'm ready to give this PvP thing a try, I have mumble and everything now though no mic, but I can follow orders just fine. I wanna give it at least 50 games.

Thing is I turn into jelly when fighting humans, I figure that will go away with time, so I may as well as a question or two.

1. Auto target must be turned off yes?

2. Do I lower my settings? Is skill lag a thing in PvP?

3. I don't wanna be a bunker or anything, I'd rather support a more qualified player till I get my bearings, is this possible? What would be the best class?

My advice: be patient and stick with it, eventually you'll get the hang of your build. You're going to be terrible the first dozen games or so. Just move on and queue up again. Don't blame lag, overpowered builds or lovely teammates and please don't post about it.

Also, hot join is not an accurate representation of pvp so after a few matches, start doing solo arena.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Heavy Lobster posted:

Yes, this is exactly what I was saying but more succinct. Thank you for reading my post which was definitely not about a wide variety of activities in the game being a draw despite grind so others didn't have to! My take on WoW which was in no way critical of the time investment involved to get to these activities will be immortalized forever through you.

Crikey! We seem to have stumbled upon two wild goons engaged in their traditional form of passive-aggressive combat! Watch closely as these two creatures dance around each other, striking out viciously with sarcasm and irony. The last one to roll their eyes will be forced to admit defeat!

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

Meant the combat system mostly, it has the same feel.

But I digress, this isn't the thread for that. Just offering the passes up is all.

I'd love to try it. Thanks for offering too, very thoughtful.

kristo.souza@gmail.com

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

That's not to bad.

poo poo, I might have to get to 500 after all.

No more wildstar guest passes then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Alteisen posted:

???

I don't get it.

I still have all 3. :confused:

Unless you mean if mine ran out or something, I have no need for one, I own the full game.

Oh, I posted this a few days ago and thought I missed the chance. Still interested if you still have any.

central posted:

I'd love to try it. Thanks for offering too, very thoughtful.

kristo.souza@gmail.com

• Locked thread