Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

forkbucket posted:

I know I'm late for the post-your-mesmer party...

As am I... Here is my mesmer, "Iol Plx Fix K Thx" with ascended greatsword and a bunch of other stupid armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
My New Years resolution list:

1) Maybe ascended armor. I'm almost done on my ascended backpack.
2) Enjoy the game.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

daspope posted:

Horse poo poo GW2 gets more content added than GW1. GW1 had both Factions and Nightfall released at this point in its development. No loving way Scarlet and Fractals compares to that. That's delusional defensiveness.

I was going to correct you, but you're actually right! Prophecies landed April 2005, Factions in April 2006 (the one-year anniversary), Nightfall in October 2006 (when Factions was six months old). In the same time frame, they would have had second expansion out in March.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

ShadowMoo posted:

Joined WELP, voice chat is painfully bad.

Word has it they're leaving Maguuma soon. I heard Tyrael say something about it... anything actually to that?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

jaegerx posted:

Guild wars 2: the op is never current.

Guild Wars 2: Read the Wiki and don't ask us. All five of us moved on MONTHS ago.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Visidan posted:

They just pulled the servers down permanently.

Wait, what?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

they're still going

This makes me want to get back in and start offering dyes to pun writers again.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Today, I'd like to do Arah story mode, just to get the personal story reminder off my screen. How realistic do you think it is to find a group willing to do that?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Visidan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_pesOrG5AI

Keep watching at the logo for a secret 2 second teaser!

I want that 25 seconds of my life back.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Trahearne Briar, so I hear, is looking to open up Subway franchises all throughout Tyria. Mordremoth will be shipping the meats, while Trahearne will be getting the veggies from the massacred people of his race.

The sauces? There is only one sauce available: toxin.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You absolutely can! GOON doesn't have a home world restriction. The game runs on megaservers, which means when you zone into a map it'll try to group you up with people on your friends list and in your guild, regardless of your personal server. You can also join a party with a friend and right click on their portrait to join their megaserver, if you're put in the wrong one!

We have had a restriction in the past. If we don't have one now, that's news to me.

Also, choosing Maguuma pays off in terms of things like WvW, where it does make a difference. You'll want to be playing alongside GOON and SFD in all of that!

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
I, Iol Plz Fix K Thx, have purchased a :frogsiren: COMMANDER TAG :frogsiren: !!! I'm so looking forward to leading you all into battle!

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

I got lost in his post, but I'll be honest, it became a lot funnier when ItBurns quoted it with the dude's profile picture.

So funny, it burns.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
A new HUD overlay is getting some attention over at Reddit, which actually included an official response from an ArenaNet employee saying it looks fine, TOS-wise. It includes added HUD elements for WvW objectives, proximity to things in PvE and much more.

Zone tracker and world boss timer

WvW tracker and world boss timer

Dungeon tracker and in-game web browser

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

CLAM DOWN posted:

You should know that people don't read things like posts or OPs. Sirens do help, thanks!

That's because the OP hasn't been updated since the first beta.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
I'm giggling like Traherne giggles when you put asparagus up his butt.

So I'm leveling my fourth toon to 80... finding that it is going really fast if I complete hearts a few levels above me. Has leveling always been this fast? Like, 43 to 52 in the course of sixish hours.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
[edit] /\ /\ Wow, the timing. This wasn't me though. I don't think I've ever complained about it.

Yes, meatballs! posted:

most goons that i've played mmos with are really into playing the game and creeping on every female in game and getting extremely angry that their jerkoff fantasy avatar doesn't have the right shoulderpads and making rape jokes ironically uniornically

Being totally serious, one time I made a rape joke in GOON guild chat and I was forced by an admin to apologize to the entire guild or be gkicked.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 17, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Inzombiac posted:

Zone Completion helper would be better if it updated when you completed something instead of having to click the icon.

Some of them do. Sometimes the thing is able to detect that you completed something and it takes it off automatically (if you have it set to hide things that are completed). I find this happens with some waypoints, some POIs, and all vistas.

Of course, sometimes it doesn't do it. You could just accept the troubling frustration of having to click it once. It's a lot easier to complete zones this way than the alternative.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Jan posted:

It does for POIs at least.

Having the overlay running caused my game to constantly stutter, so I just nixed it. Will keep doing map completion the old fashioned way.

I dragged the elements onto a second monitor, and the stuttering stopped. Then I enabled the event timer, which was over the client, and it started stuttering again. Seems like it only stutters when something is being rendered on top of the game client.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

euphronius posted:

Mash buttons, run away when dying.

You nailed it in six words or less. Lonk put it beautifully up above (quoting it here)...

Lonk posted:

Have fun, use what you like/what works for you and basically just learn when to use your dodges/evades. That's all there really is to combat.

This entire game is all about finding what suits you. I started playing as a Warrior and found myself being able to run around anywhere and never drop below 90 percent health, but there was nothing complex beyond the simple idea of hack and slash. So I created a Mesmer that creates clones when I dodge, picks things off at a distance and focuses on dishing out as much raw power as possible. After completing the entire world, I found my loot chances were lacking, so I started playing Necromancer this week, and now I've got a pumped up wells/marks build that spreads amped-up conditions to everything within range. I was in Dry Top today for one event, just showering conditions on dudes running out of their base. After the event ended, there were bodies all over the open area that I had to loot because I ended up tagging up on that many targets unknowingly.

For me, it was just finding what fit me the best, and what allowed me to get exactly what I wanted out of GW2.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Mind over Matter posted:

The results of a successful Blixx completion that wasn't actually even our doing. That time.

We successfully crashed two other Blixx trains right before that though...

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
The key to crashing Blixx, I found, is clearing out that base before the event starts. That way, you get it more than halfway capped before any mobs get in, and in the breaks between mobs, you can finish capping.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
So, in light of all the people talking about deleting all of their characters and getting the free server transfer, I just went into GW1 and checked out the presents across my characters since I last logged in forever ago. On 18 characters, I had 30 presents to open - three each of year 1 and 2 (characters I created to reserve names for GW2), six of year 6 (everlasting tonics), 14 of year 7 (which was all purple, gold and green minis from past years), and seven of year 8 (which you hand to a vendor to get the present of your choice; I got year 7 presents).

This wouldn't have been possible if I had been deleting my characters at all, instead of being stupid and forking over cash for additional character slots over time. I've also done this in GW2, where I presently sit on 12 characters for the time being (11 of them made during head start). I'll be busy on the 28th!

The results:
1st (mini): Fungal Wallow (white)
1st (mini): Siege Turtle (white)
1st (mini): Temple Guardian (white)
2nd (mini): Fire Imp (white)
2nd (mini): Harpy Ranger (white)
2nd (mini): Wind Rider (white)
6th (tonic): Margrid the Sly (white)
6th (tonic): Margrid the Sly (white)
6th (tonic): Melonni (white)
6th (tonic): Master of Whispers (purple)
6th (tonic): Zhed Shadowhoof (purple)
6th (tonic): Gwen (gold)
7th (mini): Candysmith Marley (purple, year 5)
7th (mini): Candysmith Marley (purple, year 5)
7th (mini): Charr Shaman (purple, year 1)
7th (mini): Elf (purple, year 2)
7th (mini): Freezie (purple, year 3)
7th (mini): Kirin (purple, year 1)
7th (mini): Nian (purple, year 4)
7th (mini): Palawa Joko (purple, year 2)
7th (mini): Ventari (purple, year 5)
7th (mini): Dagnar Stonepate (gold, year 4)
7th (mini): Flame Djinn (gold, year 4)
7th (mini): Eye of Janthir (green, year 4)
8th to 7th (mini): Koss (purple, year 2)
8th to 7th (mini): Ooze (purple, year 3)
8th to 7th (mini): Palawa Joko (purple, year 2)
8th to 7th (mini): Nornbear (purple, year 3)
8th to 7th (mini): Zhu Hanuku (gold, year 5)
8th to 7th (mini): Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh (gold, year 3)
8th to 7th (mini): Bone Dragon (green, year 1)

I gave some of these to Shimohogosha Ren, the leader of Goon Squad, who was the only other guildie online at the time and seven minis shy of filling out his HoM. There was evidence in the guild roster that maybe five or 10 people have been online this month, which must be a record.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 21, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Jackard posted:

^^^
compare this to GW2 birthday presents, which only give you Queen Jenna, an alt scroll and 24 hour booster

:negative:

True. And a lot of people bitched about that last year, both getting only the same minipet and not being able to market it. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it for this year.

Also, there was one other added benefit - while I was inactive for 6-8 months, for the rest of the year that I played, I only recently ran out of booster time. That was a year of playing with 100% magic find boost.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
That's it. I'm cancelling my subscription until ArenaNet reimburses me for lost paid time.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Early preview of the colored commander tags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiQ19QdEiTc

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Birthday presents are going out.

I opened one up on a 730-day character, got a level 20 scroll, 5-skill-point scroll, 24-hour birthday booster and Birthday Blaster.

Birthday Blaster gives you two skills that shoot cakes at the ground. I can't verify, but a guildie says they give a 10-minute nourishment that boosts all stats by 40 and +10% karma, +15% magic find, and +15% experience.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
It's unlimited. The main cake shot (one cake) is 1 second I think. The big shot (3 cakes) is something like 10 or 15 seconds. They seem to disappear automatically after 15 or 20 seconds, or when someone picks it up.

The only limitation is the time on the nourishment itself - it only lasts for 10 minutes.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Visidan posted:

I don't see why it would get patched.

This might though.

The real question is whether my minipets will get the buff.

[edit] This also works with Metabolic Primer, so you can turn it into a 12-hour buff instead!

Also, take a low-level toon into WvW and use it to max out all of your stats due to the uplevel. 2,500 for every major stat, 1500ish for every minor one (i.e. condition damage).

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 25, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

ApeHawk posted:

Get hyped?

Everybody can ignore this for the time being. This is an old, old beta screenshot that eventually went to making a map of the full world, one of the first we saw.

Note how there are no vistas in the world completion stats and there are practically twice as many hearts. And the font is the old font.

WoodenPotatoes is the one who tweeted this. He's got some kind of video coming out today, but until we see what he has cooking, just assume this leads to nothing.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Transmutation Charge – 5 for 105 gems, 10 for 210 gems, 25 for 525 gems (30% OFF)

Those aren't 30 percent off prices for the 10- or 25-count charges. Via Reddit, "30% off of 270 is 189, not 210. 30% off of 600 is 420, not 525."

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

We got popped out of fractals yesterday because of this and got in an argument about whether there was an owner or not. The timing of this is great.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Demaga posted:

I beat the game, at least until they add the greaves and chest to the rewards.

Okay. There hasn't been enough conversation about this. WTF did they add? And where?

[e] Oh, somebody mentioned in guild chat just now that he said "until they add" as if to say he doesn't have them yet.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 27, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Not sure if this is definite, but apparently tonight's server issues is being blamed on this.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
They're adding more profanity filters to the game. Video here.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

You weren't kidding.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

CLAM DOWN posted:

god I hope they make this floating tower a dungeon or SOMETHING, it's so cool

I have been waiting for this since 2005.

For the lore hounds: It's the Wizard's Tower, which was located off of the south side of Kessex Peak by the Verata necromancer boss. Current owner moved it from that location, which is Kessex Hills today, to elsewhere in the zone to where it's located today.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 2, 2014

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Lonk posted:

I like how it looks absolutely nothing like the gw1 version other than it flies around

You'd have to get a better look at it to know, but in GW1 it's actually tethered to some flying rocks. You can see two of the tethers in the bottom right of my screenshot. Wicked secure.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
I had sets 1 and 2 complete, and sold the exotics from set 1 when I saw they would be on the gem store for the anniversary. I also sold the minipets I wasn't interested in from these sets to help finance gearing my necro.

I've loved having Jack-A-Lop. I was looking forward to buying it at a slightly cheaper rate after the anniversary sale ended. I just watched them go from 70 gold to 350 in the span of two hours.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Enos Shenk posted:

(Can't seem to navigate to or through Dry Top)

Here's a few maps showing how to get there. Start in Brisban Wildlands.

You'll want to head to the southwest corner of Brisban Wildlands. If you don't have Wildlands, go to Rata Sum via Lion's Arch and head through Metrica Province, the 1-15 Asura zone. There's a portal from Metrica to Wildlands along the border.

In the southwest corner of Brisban Wildlands, there are two paths to get to Tangle Root. There may be an event running where you have to clear the two paths, which is part of the whole story. Once those are done, the star in the bottom left is where the portal to Dry Top is located.

Dry Top was released in three parts over the four story chapters. This map details how those parts are made up and two stars point out how to get from one part to the next. The latest chapter, which starts with the party, takes you from the Cavern of Shining Lights to the Challenger Cliffs.

Take the first star to go from part 1 to part 2. What you're looking for is an open door in a first-floor apartment-like thing in the Town of Prosperity. There's an opening in the wall in the back, which leads to an underground trench to Treadrock Uplands.

Then, head north into the canyon area and push all the way west into Uplands Oasis. At the end, you'll find a hill heading south with two vines. When you're facing the vines, the left vine will take you to the Uplands waypoint you see there ("Vine Bridge Waypoint"). The right vine takes you to part 3.

To get to the Cavern of the Shining Lights, take the Vine Bridge Waypoint, head east into the Unswept Uplands, and go alllllll the way south.

• Locked thread