Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
How is firestone hell hole? Is there plenty of hell and holes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Holdbrooks posted:

It's ok, your Internet friends like it.

True enthusiasts will enjoy it. People that claim "car people" just see a dumb econo box.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I was adding that if your cool with working some whacky hours, the Railroads are always hiring people, especially in Texas. The money is fantastic, good retirement, the work is cake (seriously, you spend most of your day walking around and throwing rocks at geese). I personally know a couple of guys are making 6 figures coming out of training, and mostly your just sitting on your rear end looking out a window.

If you want more of a sane life, signal maintainer, locomotive repair, and carman are pretty easy rear end gigs. You won't make as much as train crews, but its pretty gravy. Lots of people bitch about it here, but no one ever leaves. I believe strawberry and bt4com can attest to the life style as well.

The only thing - keep your rear end out of the drugs. That's it. They test at random and have no issues kicking your rear end to the curb.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Slung Blade posted:

Getting fired after testing positive for owl pellets should get your name engraved on some plaque down at the labour relations board.

The funny part is.... I am sure this has happened. You can't make this poo poo up out here, some of the crazy poo poo that happens.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Preoptopus posted:

We should really make an AI job resource center. I feel bad for derailing 13's thread.

Can you throw a link up?

https://www.up.jobs
http://www.bnsf.com/careers/

not including the shortlines as well.....

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Just wait for the 5 speed auto to poo poo itself.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

some texas redneck posted:

At the moment he's driving his mom's loaner to work, while his mom is driving his loaner. :psypop:

This seems all to confusing and defies all logic. I need an adult. :v:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Motronic posted:

And want the tilty vent windows you can flick you cigarette out of like on 70s trucks.

Smoker windows, I remember those!

I know I have started hitting my limits on terms of new vehicles. You can't even drain the oil normally on the new LR4's... it has to be vacuumed out. gently caress that.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Slow is Fast posted:

We've had two 4th gens.

The experience really helped shape who I am during my formative car guy years.

Doesn't the trans am out rank a camaro?

Because 3rd gen trans am right here... it was pretty awesome as a kid in high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Be in love with a bitchin camaro.

• Locked thread