Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I really, really like the old 1g Civics. You don't see those death traps much any more, even here in the South, they all rusted away or were creamed in the early 80s by Eldorados or Granadas. Hope you don't get in an accident, babe, I imagine your body would go through a process similar to mechanically separated chicken (13 inch slim jims all around, AISS 2013!)

Oh yeah, remember, with the CVCC engine you can use regular OR that new unleaded gasoline I've heard so much about.

pants in my pants fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Old hondas survived very well up there for some reason. My '83 accord was a washington car. The guy I bought it from had driven it from WA to FL.

That sounds extremely terrifying. What if you blow some stupid part in the middle of loving nowhere? I have a 6th gen Accord and would be nervous attempting that trip.

Lifes Rich Pageant? I guess I'm not adventurous enough.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

kastein posted:

I'm not afraid of the breaking down part, more afraid of the finding rare/discontinued parts in an unfamiliar backwater. I prefer finding rare/discontinued parts in a familiar backwater, one where I know all the junkyards, know what they generally have on hand, and am on a first name basis with their forklift operators.

This is why being on a make/model specific quality forum can be great, if you're going off on a trip in something that has unobtainium parts, you can post up and first of all, plan to meet up with people along the way, and second, make a HELP HELP OH gently caress MY CAR BROKE SOMEONE NEAR EAST BUMFUCKISTAN SELL ME PARTS thread if anything goes wrong.

I guess that's what I'm getting at- you break down in Middle of Nowhere, Utah and need some strange part for an '83 Accord (with, say, high altitude but not california emissions and an automatic, old Hondas are super picky like that) which hasn't been readily available since the Clinton administration, you have real trouble. Parts for my newer accord are dirt cheap and available anywhere, but still.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
SAABs suck.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread