Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

My Dad had one of these when I was growing up as a beater commuter. It had the retrofit "cruise control" which consisted of some kind of box dangling from the dash by a wire, with this twisting lockable knob connected to the throttle cable, so as the accelerator pedal was depressed and released this knob would twist wildly around.

I remember two different times it made me cry (I was like 6), once by stalling right in the middle of an intersection during a very marginal left turn in front of oncoming traffic, and again by completely failing in the midst of a monsoon downpour while plowing through flooded streets.

The car also took 2nd place in the 1989 "Worst Car Stereo in Tucson" contest. Despite its inability to tune to anything but the AM stations in the 500s and its propensity for turning its speaker cones into confetti, it was somehow beaten.

In summary, gently caress that car.

If the NLA shock mounts are the rubber bushing type, you could try the Window Weld bushing trick (common on Hondas).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

It is my sincere hope that you appreciate this:

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
The story behind the car, the first road-racing Honda in the USA:
https://www.kingmotorsports.com/blog/post/King-Motorsports-Civic-1200-Race-Car.aspx

Stardotstar fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 4, 2014

Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

13 INCH DICK posted:

Eh, it was a mom with her young daughter, an honest accident, and no real damage done. She was freaking the gently caress out pretty bad so after I verified everything seemed to be still attached I told her to not worry about it and have a nice day since I'm not a dick

loving wow man. You deserve some kind of award or ribbon or something. You are an exceptional gentleman.

Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

tlarn posted:

Spider Flame Moon Wizard.

Seems accurate enough:

13 Inch, please please source one of these bumpers before you get it painted:

These guys used to sell them, not sure if they do anymore:
info@jacksonracing.com

Stardotstar fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 12, 2014

Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Not to mention that the people who would be best served by a single payer system, namely the poor and marginalized minorities, are least likely to turn out to vote at all. The worst part right now is that the compromises made to create Obamacare are poisoning the country even farther against any chance of single-payer ever being adopted, because it is essentially a 'gimmie' to the insurance industry.

Forcing everyone to buy into the risk pools but not putting meaningful price controls in place for both the insurance industry and healthcare industry means the whole idea is set up to fail, and is why premiums for many people have doubled or more this year.

To extend this epic derail of a thread which is at best topically challenged....

Why do the poor have such bad voter turnout? Could it possibly by linked to the horrendous paid time policies of almost every non-salary job (i.e. no paid time off) and compounded by the fact that we ALWAYS have our elections on weekdays (SUPER TUESDAY), with polling places which close during or shortly after working hours for most people?

To remedy this obvious structural defect of our democracy/republic/plutocracy, we should be holding votes on weekends, like the Japanese, even if it would still leave a substantial portion of the service industry with a challenge to get to the polls. However, in America we're just super content to allow soul-crushing idiocy to persist at all levels of government because we can't be arsed to figure out campaign finance reform.

E: I heard a real live Biturbo go past my house the other day, it sounded nice, lots of pops and whizzes in the exhaust while engine braking down the hill...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

More paaaaaarrrtttssss

This post is the best post. Look at those leeetle tiiiiny motor mounts!

• Locked thread