Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
I'm on board with this old guy... 'Justin'. :) That's a solid name.

It looks like the original single stage paint too? Any rust, how is the body work?

As for the smell, is the carpet salvageable? If it is I've got a pressure washer, we can pull it, douse it in simple green and spray the hell out of it, then let it hang dry in my garage (which has heat so it'll go relatively fast). To get rid of the rest of the mustiness and get it back to normal old car smell, consider one of theses: http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/stinky-be-gone.do?sortby=ourPicks I stuck one in Ol' Red when I bought her because she was a bit gamey and it's worked wonders (imo).

Any plans to side draft it and get some fury out of that 1.2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

ExecuDork posted:

Do you want the Cursed Skull back?

You're alive!

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

awww yeah :rms:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

13 INCH DICK posted:

It took me 23 minutes from the Fremont area of Seattle starting from the time I hung up on dispatch with the taxi to me walking into Seatac airport. Total.

LOL that's drat good time, especially if the taxi was late. Did you ride shotgun or in the back seat? Did he shot you what a Panther was [i]really[/] capable of?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

The gurney flap on that Skoda! :allears:

poo poo, White Rock really isn't far from here...

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

If you want two more speakers I've got some round pioneers (5-6") in the 02 that are getting yanked out sometime soon. They're yours for free if you want them.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

So really all you need is a nice 100ft extension cord :)

edit: well assuming it doesn't have GD opener ^^

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

13 INCH DICK posted:

A dude just offered me double what I paid for my Honda and made me not only take his card but give him my phone number and make sure i had his in my phone :ohdear:

Let's go MR2 shopping!!

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

:colbert:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4371370969.html
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4345776393.html
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4368922370.html
http://olympic.craigslist.org/cto/4340022095.html

Also, in case 13 wants to fully integrate into the PNW:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4371875968.html
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/4363028856.html
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4319836092.html
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ctd/4350327366.html

Goon offer: If he buys a Subaru next I will buy him a Pendleton flannel :)

edit: woh holy poo poo those bi turbos!

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

13 INCH DICK posted:

ITS A BONE DRY RUST FREE CALIFORNIA 2002 RIDDLED WITH BLACK WIDOWS NOT ENEN KIDDING PICS SOON
For $1900 and rust free seriously just bug bomb it. And that's coming from an arachnaphobe (sp?).

That could be a really, really fun car and you'd easily get your money back when you sell. Maybe more if you clean it up nice.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mafoose posted:

With that price, and all those spiders, what could go wrong?

Seriously, as someone that spent a LOT of time shopping for 02s in the same market and who still watches it occasionally, that car is a set of tires and a detail away from being a $3k care unless it has some serious issues.

Isn't that the same color as the ti you let go too?

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 14, 2014

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

13 INCH DICK posted:

Fucker just relisted the 2002 for 2500

Yeah, that's why I was kind of surprised at the listing in the first place and was encouraging you jump on it.

All of that said, selling the Honda for twice what you paid for it is still a good deal and even if this one guy is jacking up his price, if you're patient there are still deals to be found out there.

Sorry about that though, it's always a bummer when that happens.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

I was sitting here thinking, what could I cheer you up with?

I found this: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4360607523.html

The pass fender could use some hammer pounding, but the rest is pretty awesome.

In fact, if I didn't have the 2002 right now I'd probably buy the poo poo out of that.

Oooh, also: http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/4377002672.html

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

I was going to just buy you a new shift knob but I can't find anything crazy enough. I was hoping I could find something like the spider knob, but with bees inside and for some reason it doesn't appear that such a thing has ever been made.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

I find myself a little compelled regarding this car. Not compelled enough to buy it mind you because gently caress I'd never be able to figure out that engine myself, but I want to help. If you buy it I'll make the trip up to Ballard with my detailing gear and a six pack and we can make the old girl shine really nice in the driveway... Get those leather seats back to being supple and smelling 100%.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Darchangel posted:

For the record, I think Saabs are odd, but that's cool. I respect a car company that tried to do it a little differently than everyone else was doing it.

I'm on the same page. They were far more interesting than many automakers, especially their older stuff. It's too bad their couldn't have been some kind of hybrid joining of corporations with Volvo to make an AWD Viggen R wagon :getin:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

:getout:

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Only title ive ever done was the tussen takk one that was up for like an hour before STR had to change it :haw:

Haha I remember that, it was so good. Did he even get to see it? I feel like today's TT would appreciate it. :)

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

seriously that is what the gently caress quiet. My compressor shakes the whole loving house and paid way more :(

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Serious question, are you going to street park it and work on it there or do you at least have a parking pad now? Or maybe if you can get the car for the right price you'll have enough extra for a nearby storage unit?

I know getting one of these has been a dream of yours for a long time, I'm excited to see it come true :)

Also, just throwing this out there: https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/vsdpersonalplate/Available.aspx?plate=msochst

Congratulations, MSOCHST is available right now.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

leica posted:

Is it possible or get/fabricate an oil filter relocation kit and then just use whatever filter you want?

I suggest doing this, but changing it so that the Honda uses biturbo oil filters :haw:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

If I didn't already know you lived in Seattle I'd have been able to guess it from your description of traffic.

Seattle: The sheriff here just announced they're going to give tickets to people going too slow in the left lane, because we're that bad at driving.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

FYI in the state of WA if you don't have the title you can file for a lost title with the state and after two years (I think, it might be three) they send you the title assuming no one says you stole it from them and provider proof. You'll still want/need a bill of sale from the current owner.

Just saying, in case that happens. What kind of man will you be after two years of PT?

Also, possible vanity plate, PTSD? PTPTSD? :)

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

a slug or snail?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Remember what I said about the no title in WA thing. Possession is 9/10 of the law!!!

Also this car is oppressive looking and I love it.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

I'm familiar with using -poo poo in ebay, but how did -bs remove so many results? Does the bs stand for bullshit? :v:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

You could always check out CrowdMed too. I mean, it costs money, but I heard an interesting podcast about the service that definitely piqued my interest.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

meatpimp posted:

Never forget that the Camaro Berlinetta came with a free standing, rotating AM/FM/Cassette player.

I love weird poo poo like this in cars. :allears:

Oh man from this angle :huh: http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/gotabekidding/media/100_2503-1.jpg.html

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

14 INCH LOU posted:

You know what I do? I lock myself in my room in silence for a few days and I escape because it's the only thing that slows my mind down enough to sleep afterward. It's cheaper than adderall, which my insurance refuses to cover and my doctOr refused to adjust my dose after over two years, when all I loving want is to be able to function at work. Not a single person seems to get that all I want to do is to work and function as a normal human being , I don't steal, I don't break any other laws, I just want to be able to exist. I don't ask for much.

Just to make something clear, taking an almost 10 minute long selfie video while thinking you're watching worms in your eyes, all while at work, isn't functioning. That's why the girl in the background said "Dave, what are you doing?".

You should remove the image with your medical and person info man, HIPAA exists for a reason and if corn and 1500quid have proven anything it's that there are definitely people reading this thread that are purely in it for entertainment... There could also be worse.

I know our country doesn't have a great support mechanism for people with mental illness, but without good insurance or resources. I also don't claim to know what the best solution for you is or whether not you have other illnesses and/or diseases, but I hope you get help. We got some beers together a couple of years ago and you're a nice dude... I really hope you don't commit slow suicide via drug addiction and alcoholism because I'd miss you, the forums would miss you, your cat would miss you and most of all I think your family would miss you. How would your Dad react and feel if he knew you were self medicating like this? As a Dad myself, it'd break my heart.

1500quidporsche posted:

Way to ruin an excellent thread whoever it was.

It wasn't me, but if you're for real about "ruining an excellent thread" being the bad thing happening here then gently caress you, rear end in a top hat.

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 3, 2016

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

1500quidporsche posted:

We're talking about a guy that, if you've been following this thread, clearly doesn't like authority. If you think having the cops show up at his door step to intervene in the process is going to help at all instead of making him double down out of spite then by all means continue on. I happen to think that this is only going to make things worse. I'm not in this for "entertainment" like you think, I absolutely think it would be best for 14 inch to get his act together. But I also think that a bunch of people on the internet saying what he's doing is bad really isn't helping much at all. But I'm an rear end in a top hat so what the hell do I know.

I read your post as you being in it for the 'entertainment', so I'm happy to be corrected and find out that's not the case. I agree with your thoughts. Thank you for posting this and sorry for calling you an rear end in a top hat.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

wargames posted:

Zoom and Enhance.

They say human curiosity is unending. Even then, what would discourage most men only pushed this one on. He didn't know, but the stars aligned, black and blasphemous, in such way that chills the soul to its quick. The nameless thing north of the mudded bear land was not to be denied. It had been there for an epoch perhaps, the scars of it's entry had long faded, but even so, if one were quiet a low humming could be felt as if this wooded area were electrified with some unidentified power... Perhaps these were secrets beyond human penetration.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

Hey, you guys that were talking about titles. Can someone help me out here, I still need to get a title for my 58 that spent 30 years in a field.

I'm sure it varies by state, but in WA you basically submit for a temporary title so that you can get insurance, etc and as long after three years, assuming you aren't challenged on ownership, they issue a permanent title. You aren't allowed to sell the vehicle while holding the temp title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Geirskogul posted:

Bitch please:

Depending on where you check it was 88/89 in Seattle today and unlike Arizonians most of us don't go inside to fancy shmancy air conditioned (or swamp cooled) houses :colbert:

But gently caress being tough, gently caress the heat. If I wanted this poo poo I'd move to Arizona. Give me more rain!

• Locked thread