Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
The free DLC deal was the same for the Japan release, so I'm glad that they're also giving the same deal to us. :toot:

Also, who cares about Maya

edit and Gumshoe

If people choose to not give this game a chance because their favourite-past-characters might not show up in the game, then I've got low opinion on them because the game is already filled to the brim with excellent characters.

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Haha, I remember that. There was also this I drew but I'm disappointed they didn't go this route for Edgeworth's design.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Huh. It's great that they were able to even alter some model shapes when integrating this game from Japanese to English.

The image link contains Early case 2 spoilers of one of the Detective's poses. Nothing substantial.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXXjfHZCcAAwM0l.jpg

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Can we just keep going with the theme of adding all comments with :allears:?

Having headphones on while playing the game's a pretty gosh darn good suggestion. It's so gooooood.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

nerdbot posted:

I also love the voice acting--it's not good, it's not awful, it's just really funny. Case 2 spoilers My favorite line in the whole game so far is the goofy anime cop saying "EVEN A CONVICTED MURDER'S STILL GOT A JOB TO DO AND DUTIES TO PERFORM." Just the delivery had me in stitches.

I swear to God, I always thought that it was Detective Fulbright who says that line. It kinda fits him to a T.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

eating only apples posted:

Am I the only one being driven insane by (early case 3) the noise Robin makes all the time? I dunno what it's even meant to be, is it his breathing? It's like nails on a chalkboard. If I have to interact with him much more I'm gonna have to turn the sound off. :(

It's his brace, haha.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

ChaosArgate posted:

Of all people, I would've expected either Apollo or Klavier to say something about it.

I really don't get it. Did Juniper plagiarize the costume design?

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Chaltab posted:

I do find it hilarious how Widget is this super-high-tech holgram-computer gizmo that makes more sense in the English version's 2026 setting than in the more contemporary Japanese version, but the (Case 3 Spoiler) the Themis Legal Academy case hinges on a tape recording with audio lifted from a DVD

Case 3 spoiler Themis Legal Academy truly lives in the Dark Ages of the Law.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Endgame spoilers!!

... To be honest, I would have felt much, much more angry (in a good way) at the Phantom if he had killed detective Fulbright a few days prior to the bombing and to the killing at the Space Center. Case 4 and 5 were the only times that he acted so strangely and conservative, even a bit too generous with the evidence (to eventually frame Athena for it, I guess?? I really misunderstood his motivations) So I sort of expected something big to have happened to him shortly prior to those two last cases. The real Fulbright being killed off by Phantom with the plan to bomb the Space Center and destroy the moon rock that contained his blood traces would've been cool and would have had my full attention to put that jerk to jail, but instead they went with "hah hah, he's been emotionless all this time! Curse that old limey!" ...... although he was the most enjoyable character in the game. It was just such a letdown. I didn't want to root for anybody at the end of that case.

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 28, 2013

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

The Japanese DLC's only have four costumes (Phoenix's classic suit, Phoenix's Feenie sweater, Apollo's goofy jacket, and Athena's school outfit), the DLC case with the mustache whale, and three Quiz episodes (not released outside of Japan).

... To me it doesn't look like they're going to release anything else, which is a shame. I would have liked more costumes. :(

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Lurdiak posted:

E: gently caress all y'all dissing adult Pearls. I'm actually really happy that they didn't completely change her personality to make her insufferable like Ema or give her huge tits or anything creepy like that. I don't care if it would have been "realistic", we're talking about updating a fictional character, not about a real person growing up. She's a little small for her age, but so was Maya.

Also, you guys remember Dahlia and Iris? They were in their twenties and they look almost as young as Pearls, so having her not change much in physical appearance was a smart move in terms of continuity.

vvvv she's with Larry, and Gumshoe, and Franziska, and Oldbag, and...

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 25, 2013

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

What? They're... going to do an anime?

*gasps nervously*

I just want to know who's directing it, who's the music composer, which studio is in charge of animating it, anything.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Rimes is only a tan guy who likes to practice in front of local penguins

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Oh boy.

edit: If the director always intended on making a low-budget animation of this series that follows game assets very closely, they could have AT LEAST put more effort in the mallet animation. Come now, in the game, the judge doesn't meekly flick his wrist down with his mallet... HE SMACKS THAT SH*T DOWN.

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 5, 2016

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

I'm super late for the party...

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Nate RFB posted:

impossible to gently caress up Turnabout Sisters.

I'm still waiting for an eventual kazoo rendition of Turnabout Sisters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

TheKingofSprings posted:

Don't go in with high expectations.

Already on it. :banjo:

• Locked thread