Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So it's not a midnight release? That's too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

jonjonaug posted:

Did (case 2 day 1 spoilers) the detective just bring the prosecutor into line?

I wasn't too hot on Fulbright when I first saw him, but that alone justifies his existence.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Case 3, Day 1 trial spoilers: I can't tell if Robin is one of the best witnesses or one of the creepiest.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Case 5 culprit spoilers: All those moments where you're alone with Fulbright are creepy as gently caress now, gotta say.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Calaveron posted:

Just beat Case 1 and I just love how they go back to the ol' bullshit holdover of fine Mr. Wright, you just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was physically impossible for your client to even come close to committing the crime but now you have to find who did it or gently caress you and your client.
Feels like I'm home again :allears:

Never mind how the Prosecution can pick and choose when a motive has to be important for them, too (the first game's second case comes to mind).

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
For Case 5 I actually thought Athena's mom would be the culprit somehow, or maybe the spy, since they brought Pearl back and dead people are kind of her thing. Was glad that didn't happen though, Dahlia was enough.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think the Robin thing was just someone taking it the wrong way. She's kinda comic relief but the game never really laughs at her the way it did with Armstrong.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Clay being part of the reason Apollo has more character in this game might have something to do with it, even if he was very clearly created just for this game and wasn't even hinted at beforehand.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Gutcruncher posted:

Id play a game about Winston Payne. You know youre gonna lose, but the journey is finding how HOW you lose!

I would really like a case where you have to defend Payne, actually.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm playing the two cases of Investigations 2 that are translated, and man, I thought DD had a convoluted second case, but it has nothing on this one.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Wait, people didn't like Investigations? Why not? First I'm hearing of this.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I patched the game cleanly, like it said, but now my old save file isn't working.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I probably need to play it on the same emulator as the last time, don't I? For some reason the rom file's crashing when it worked before.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TheKingofSprings posted:

If he didn't go all HAHA I WIN FOOLISH ATTORNEY at the very end and morph into a monster when it looked like he'd won I would agree with you, the victim was an rear end in a top hat, his motive was pretty sympathetic (if you can't taste as a cook you're probably screwed), and he got backstabbed and then attacked with a rock lamp. He's more sympathetic than that ending makes him look though.

And of all the people he could have tried framing, it was the most annoying character in the case.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The only reference I didn't like so far was Blaise quoting the Simpsons 'goggles do nothing!' joke during his breakdown. Kind of took me out of the moment.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Also why didn't the body double just move out of the way of the hot air balloon?

I imagine Simon knew how to make the balloon fall pretty quickly, and the body double was a total coward. He probably just froze up.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Terper posted:

Shout-outs to Simon for, despite being basically spoiled for me years ago as the mastermind, still managed to be a good character who's worth wasn't just based on the twist, cough cough Phantom. I really, really disliked his breakdown - it felt way too brutal and trying to be funny, and it just didn't work for such a tragic character.

Me too. It felt like they realized he was too sympathetic, so they made him act like an total rear end in a top hat to everyone, but even then I still felt really bad for him. Then again, if he were too normal you wouldn't want to catch him and complete the game.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 7, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Knightley's is probably the worst one, if it bothers you. The others are better.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
On EB Games' website it has Layton VS Ace Attorney listed for 34.99. Is that because it's a pre-order, or is it the game's regular price? If the former, think that would apply in-store?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
In Layton VS Phoenix, what's the answer to this music puzzle in the Storyteller's Tower? I don't really get it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Oh, that's all stuff I've been trying to do. What's the deal with the star that blinks red? Is red = correct for this puzzle?

Oh there it goes.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 14, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Epilogue: What the gently caress is this poo poo? Who wrote this?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I should add I've played Layton before, so the supernatural elements being science and such didn't surprise me. But everything after that was just too much.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's not bad as a Layton twist, but as an Ace Attorney one it kinda blows, is the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Austrian mook posted:

It's really loving dumb that they dump the game's best new character in favor of some random girl we've barely seen with a stupid claw on her hand for the final battle.

She almost put up less of a fight than loving Payne does in certain games.

• Locked thread