Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Crabtree posted:

In a stunning show of benevolence, CAPCOM makes the first DLC, Maya's big reunion with Phoenix, being a reenacting of Turnabout Sisters with Maya taking the place of Mia.:shepicide:

Can I still leave the DS plugged in and watch a certain animation for hours if I don't press a button to advance?
What are you talking about? The first DLC is that case with the orca. I'm playing through it right now, well into the second day and there's no sign of anything you mentioned in your "spoiler".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
Sorry, long day at work.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"

tiistai posted:

I think there was 3 counts of "If you think ***, you've got another thing coming" in the game. I dismissed the first time as a typo but obviously they don't even know it's "another think".
You can blame Judas Priest for that.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
The Layton/AA game is a near-perfect blend of two genres with an engaging story. Definitely get it when it gets released in English.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
You should probably take this with a huge grain of salt until more sources come out, but apparently Shu Takumi said in a recent Famitsu interview that the next game will be called "Dai (Great) Gyakuten Saiban" and it'll be set in the Meiji era.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
Sounds more like a problem of the localizers on the team not doing their job in that case.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
Yet we still got a village steeped in ancient Japanese folklore in the middle of California.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
Man, the introductory case is a doozy. They have at least two of those break points.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

On the topic of AA6, I'm sure there are some people here who study Japanese. Isn't it weird that Phoenix (or, more accurately, Naruhodo) refers to himself as "boku" when he's 30-years-old?
It's less age and more personality from what I can tell. "Boku" has a mild-mannered tone whereas "ore" is more assertive, and given how he still doesn't act all that different when faced with a tough situation in court from how when he started out...

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"

ZZT the Fifth posted:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/6/system/system01.html

This page seems to go into detail on how the spirit-pool-thingy works. I don't understand a lick of it, though...
You find objections between what's revealed in the pool and the interpretation given. Using evidence can correct mistaken readings (the example given in the images is "footsteps" to "sound of a bell" although I'm not really sure how you'd mistake one for the other with no context).

Also, as the animation plays, the words that represent what the spirit senses will change in size to indicate fluctuations in intensity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
My special edition arrived after I came home from work so I binged on the first chapter. As of yet, I do not regret my purchase in the least.

• Locked thread