Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Janissary Hop posted:

No Maya no buy, lovely Capcom.

Well, Pearl is definitely in the game, not to mention Edgeworth. It's not like AA4 where they basically completely ignore everyone Phoenix has ever known

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Snix posted:

Does anyone else feel like Athena is bordering the line of "Mary-Sue?" I'm not saying she isn't an enjoyable character, but she's a tough girl who's also super clumsy, and has a cute, robotic friend who sometimes blurts her true feelings But uh-oh, she isn't all smiles because of her dark, brooding past!

That's not really a Mary Sue, though. A Mary Sue is a character who is basically super competent to the point of embarrassing major characters. There's a bit of it there, but it's more a case of "We've already got two pretty competent lawyers here, we need a new character who's not completely incompetent but yet still needs things explained so we can justify a tutorial." Mary Sues are basically perfect to the point where Being Good At Things is their only character trait.

So, basically Edgeworth if he never lightened up.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Phoenix Wright defends a goddamn orca whale from a murder charge, and there are people asking if this is worth the money?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

CommonSensei posted:

Speaking of which, with full 3D on, a big OBJECTION where the letters seem to come from outside the screen gets me every time.

The camera spinning around so Phoenix is pointing directly into the screen is what 3D was invented for, as far as I'm concerned.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Volt Catfish posted:

Man with Shu back at the helm I can't wait for this game. I thought Dual Destinies was good, but it was definitely missing Shu's touch.

Yeah, on the one hand it's gonna be weird having weird alternate versions of characters.

On the other hand I thought it was gonna be weird playing a ghost that solved crimes and that game was fantastic, so as long as Shu's making it, I'll be buying it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Jsor posted:

Yo, I know you're proud of it and everything, developers, but I'm gettin reeeeeal tired of this music video.

Aaaaahahahaha.

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

voltcatfish posted:

i will feel sad when maya fey dies at the end of this game

Pearls is still around, so we're fine.

• Locked thread