Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Epicurius posted:

Bledri's getting married to Briant?

Very progressive. You guys shoulda been Pagans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Epicurius posted:

Bledri's getting married to Briant?

We're a few centuries too early to be doing Vaudeville.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Obviously I shouldn't post updates after downing Nyquil Earl Roderick had a few flagons before checking in with Pellogres. Don't worry, Countess Ellen will switch his table's jug with non-alcoholic ale.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
You know, I was just thinking about how I kind of wanted to scratch the itch Pendragon does. I didn't see that this game was still going! Any chance I can throw myself onto the waitlist, ibntumart?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Indeed you can, but you could also just join now. The upcoming year's scenario will be easy to bring someone new into the group.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Oh wow! I bought pendragon specifically for this. Can't believe I missed my slot!

Mind if I put a name forward too?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I shall not let your purchase have been in vain. Welcome to Salisbury!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Briant is always eager to meet new lackeys friends! :getin:

I'm looking forward to the coming year, as Briant's plans are beginning to bear fruit. Now that he's secured the best betrothal he felt prudent to pursue, his current goal will be to maintain the good reputation he's built up relatively quickly, thanks to a string of especially notable accomplishments (helping Merlin, completely owning Silchester at hunting, etc.). If the right task falls to the party, he may even be able to increase it, but he's not one to rely on happenstance.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Pffft, 'plans.'

Rhun's plans are "have kids, fight bad guys, celebrate with Pagan festivals in the woods. Repeat." Plans are for people who don't want to let Awesome happen naturally. ;)

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Bledri wants to actually get married.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Technically Rhun still wants that too but barring sudden Saxon attack or something his bases should be covered on that score.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

ibntumart posted:

Indeed you can, but you could also just join now. The upcoming year's scenario will be easy to bring someone new into the group.
Great! I was looking back at the old Pendragon game Verr ran back in 2014, and I'm almost tempted to bring back Sir Amig the Shrewd. But I'm up in the air, ibntumart! Anything special I should do for chargen?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Sir Amig is more than welcome to make a reappearance (Heddwyn still believes he can best Amig at their medieval rap awdlau battle, by the way). But otherwise, just roll a character up per normal.

Though given that we're starting the third year IC (and already passed the second in real life back in October!), I'm going to allow both you and Josef bugman to add one point to any skill, attribute, or passion during chargen. Your knights may not have had the chance to pal around with Merlin on a quest or retrieve Excalibur, but let's assume they learned something doing routine patrols.

Also, giving an extra 100 Glory to the Knights of the Hound for us making it this far. I am about to head to work, but sometime tonight I mean to calculate Glory for everyone and start writing up the Winter court post.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Alrighty then! Amig's back, madder than ever at Saxons! That extra point has gone into his Hate (Saxons) passion. So keep me away from Saxons. And don't you old players get complacent with your Glory, I'm gonna be diving right in to get my exorbitant fair share! :v:

pre:
Name: Amig
Title: The Shrewd
Homeland: Salisbury
Culture: Cymric
Religion: British Christian
Glory: 1000+144

Father's Name: Gareth
Father's Class: Knight
Son Number: 1
Liege Lord: Earl Roderick of Salisbury
Current Class: Squire
Current Home: Pitton

Passions                                                                                
Loyalty (Lord) 16                                                 
Love (Family) 16                                                  
Hospitality 15                                                      
Honor 16                                                               
Hate (Saxons) 19                                                 

Traits
13 Chaste/Lustful 7
13 Energetic/Lazy 7
10 Forgiving/Vengeful 7
13 Generous/Selfish 10
10 Honest/Deceitful 10
10 Just/Arbitrary 10
10 Merciful/Cruel 7
13 Modest/Proud 7
10 Pious/Worldly 10
16 Prudent/Reckless 4
13 Temperate/Indulgent 7
10 Trusting/Suspicious 10
16 Valorous/Cowardly 4 

Attributes
SIZ: 16
DEX: 12 
STR: 14
CON: 13
APP: 10

Derived Statistics
Damage: (16+14/6)=5d6
Healing Rate: 29/10=2.9 -> 3/week
Movement Rate: 26/10=2.6 -> 3
Total Hit Points: 29
Unconscious: 29/4=7.25 -> 7
Distinctive Feature: Long legs
Family Characteristic: Good With Words: +15 Compose

Skills
Awareness 10
Boating 1
Compose 16
Courtesy 10
Dancing 2
Faerie Lore 1
Falconry 3
First Aid 15 
Flirting 3
Folklore 2
Gaming 3
Heraldry 3
Hunting 2
Intrigue 3
Orate 10
Play [harp] 3
Read [Latin] 0
Recognize 5 
Religion (Christianity) 2
Romance 2
Singing 2 
Stewardship 2
Swimming 2
Tourney 2

Battle 10
Horsemanship 15 
Sword 15
Lance 13 
Spear 6
Dagger 5

Horses
1 Charger
2 Rouncys
1 Sumpter

Warhorse Type: Charger
Damage: 6d6
Move: 8
Armor: 5
HP: 46
SIZ: 37
CON: 12
STR: 30
DEX: 17

Equipment
Normal Mail (10 pts)
Shield (6 pts)
2 Spears
1 Sword
1 Dagger
Fine Clothing (1 lb.)
Personal Gear
Travel Gear
War Gear
Extra Money - 1 lb.

Holdings:
Manor of Pitton

Army
Vassals: N/A
Family Knights: 4 Middle-aged, 4 Young, Myself
Lineage Men: 10
Levy: 39

Middle Aged Knights: 4d20 30
Father's 3 Younger Brothers
Mother's Brother

Young Knights: 4d20 29
3 Paternal Cousins (Sirs Uwain, Iestin, Gogan)
Maternal 1st Cousin (Sir Kireg)

Salisbury History
Great-Grandfather's(Dyfan) Glory: (18*100)+1000=2800
Grandfather's(Dubric) Starting Glory: 1280+19
439: 1d20 7 
439, 2: 1d20 18 1d6 2
440: 1d20 1
Grandfather cause of death: 1d20 7
FOREIGN INVADERRRSSSSSSS
Grandfather's Glory: 1329

Father's starting Glory: 1133
463: 3d6+6 18
464: 1d20 3
Glory 1158
466-467: 1d20 10
466-467 2: 1d20 20 1d6 6
1158+90
468: 1d20 5
469-472: 1d20 9
1158+90+50
473: 1d20 6
474-476: 1d20 8
1158+90+50+25
478-479: 1d20 17
478-479 2: 1d20 12 1d6 2
1158+90+50+25+25+30
480: 1d20 2
481-483: 1d20 15
484: 1d20 14
484 2: 1d20 12 1d6 4
1158+90+50+25+25+30+60
Father's Final Glory: 1438

Family:
Father's Siblings: Sir Heilin, Sir Henwyn, Sir Elphin, Lady Gwendolyn, Lady Dilys, Lady Mai
Mother's Siblings: Sir Yestin, Lady Talaith
Siblings: 4 Younger Brothers (Squires: Adda, Pennar, Urien, Hefin), 2 Younger Sisters (Bronwen, Alison)

Friar John fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 1, 2016

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Friar John posted:

Alrighty then! Amig's back, madder than ever at Saxons! That extra point has gone into his Hate (Saxons) passion. So keep me away from Saxons.

As a fellow member of the "Has Hate(Saxons) as a Legendary Trait" Club, I believe you've reached an incorrect conclusion based on the evidence presented.

Let's murder us some Saxons. :black101:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Hate (Saxons) of 19 doesn't mean keep you away from Saxons, dude. It means point you at them.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Hate (Saxons) of 19 doesn't mean keep you away from Saxons, dude. It means point you at them.
:getin:

I'm liking what I'm hearing!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Glory leaderboard! This includes the previous tally and anything extra from the Winter phase solos.

GLORY EARNED IN 487
pre:
Bledri    Briant   Elias  Pellogres   Rhun

62	  118	  155	  986	      855
Yearly Scenario
Being Honored for the Adventure of the Sword Lake at Lindsey:
Everyone but Elias - 10 Glory

Witnessing Uther's "Diplomacy:"
Everyone - 15 Glory

Boar Hunt:
Bledri - 7 Glory
Briant - 8 Glory
Briant and Bledri took out the boar, and Briant had a critical hit, thus the 8 to Briant and 7 to Bledri. They are free to share some of the Glory if they choose, however.

Saxon Slaying:
Bledri - 20 (Sigismund 20)
Briant - 75 Glory (Wilfrith 40, 1 spearman 35)
Elias - 60 Glory (1 archer 25, 1 spearman 35)
Pellogres - 55 Glory (1 spearman 35, Sigismund 20)
Rhun - 60 Glory (1 archer 25, 1 spearman 35)

Delivering Uther's Message to King Heraut:
Everyone - 10 Glory

Winter Solos

Bledri
  • Naught but the satisfaction of knowing Sir Ganat is helping search for his sister
Briant
  • Naught but the joy at securing a good marriage if he just doesn't die horribly doesn't screw up royally waits a couple of years more
Elias
  • 70 Glory (2 Saxon raiders x 35)
Pellogres
  • 50 Glory (Sir Mabsant)
  • 846 Glory (Marriage to Lady Gwiona)
Rhun
  • 20 Glory (Critical Flirt roll)
  • 740 Glory (!) (Marriage to Lady Adwen)

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 3, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Marrying a Glorious lady is a great way to get more Glory. Actively rooting for a 'mother dies in childbirth' result in the Winter Phase so you can remarry for more sweet, sweet Glory and bonus points is, while understandable, generally frowned upon.

(Seriously one guy in a long-running game I was in was on his fourth wife, meaning something like 10% of his total Glory earned for his career came from getting hitched... and this is a guy who ended the game with something like 30k Glory. Our GM was generous!)

E: having checked my math, I missed the 20 points for that critical Flirt roll; that gives me a grand total of 3172 Glory. Sheet is being updated now.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 3, 2016

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I, for one, am looking forward to 488, wherein we have further adventures and this game continues.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Then it's just as well I'm fixing to put up the Year 488 post in a few minutes... well, technically Winter 487.

By the way, Lager, I posted Roderick's reply just now. I'm assuming Pellogres will marry Gwiona posthaste and updated the Glory leaderboard accordingly.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Hey, just continuing to post my unbreakable will to see this through to the end. I don't care if it's just one lone knight running around an empty Camelot acting out all the parts, we're gonna get through this campaign.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I'm still here and will keep running as long as there is a faithful knight gallivanting about for honor and glory.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
And i'm still here, ready to follow Eclectictastes around and bask in his reflected glory.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Hey, I haven't gone anywhere!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Then let the ships set sail for France! New post is up.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

In light of recent senseless murder events, I've thrown together a handy flowchart for Briant's decision-making process, vis-a-vis how he applies his Sword rolls:

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

I am still happy to join this whenever a chance comes up!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
A month since the last IC post... my apologies all and sundry. Is anyone still around who still wants to make a go of finishing the knights' current quest to guard the Praetor and besiege the Franks?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

ibntumart posted:

A month since the last IC post... my apologies all and sundry. Is anyone still around who still wants to make a go of finishing the knights' current quest to guard the Praetor and besiege the Franks?

After all this time, I think the answer should be obvious. We're gonna finish this grand campaign even if our real life descendants have to finish it for us.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

I agree, and have the advantage that my youngest daughter is actually named Guinevere. She's ready and waiting to take over when I die an honorable death!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Friar John posted:

I am still happy to join this whenever a chance comes up!
Not an empty quote.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I'm still here. Did I miss a thread update?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Then let us press on! I'll try to get my post up tonight.

Also:

Lager posted:

I agree, and have the advantage that my youngest daughter is actually named Guinevere. She's ready and waiting to take over when I die an honorable death!

A worthy name!

My wife sadly already nixed Guinevere and Ygraine for a girl's name. She's still open to Boudicca at least.

Friar John posted:

Not an empty quote.

Then welcome! Submit a character and I'll drop him into the story.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

ibntumart posted:

Then welcome! Submit a character and I'll drop him into the story.
I've got Sir Amig posted up above, from a number of months back, that still alright?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Friar John posted:

I've got Sir Amig posted up above, from a number of months back, that still alright?

Amig looks fine, so I'll cleverly weave him in have him assigned to the Praetor last minute.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I have been away visiting in-laws and so missed this until now - but I am, most assuredly, still in!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Excellent! New post is up.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Going to be out of town for a little bit, but just posted to get on this train!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
This game is not dead, but dreaming... I plan to take advantage of the upcoming holidays to jump-kick this back into motion in the next couple of days.

• Locked thread