Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'm just rewatching Frybo, and I noticed that one of the cool kids (Sour Cream) gets attacked by the Frybo monster:

This show is so good at world-building.

Also, I made some other gifs:

(I just started watching this show this week, and I already absolutely love it! I'm glad that it already has so many episodes ordered!)

Edit: Actually, all three of them are in Frybo!

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Does this thread really have to turn into an Adventure Time bitchfest? It's pretty tedious already.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Krakox posted:

since this is the last season of Adventure Time and all

Source? I can't find anything confirming this...

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Got some possibly leaked images showin up on tumblr today

I wonder if those are just Garnet and Amethyst shapeshifting to look like Steven?

It looks just like Amethyst in Cat Fingers:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rasamune posted:

Come to think of it, isn't there an upcoming episode called Steven and the Stevens?

Yeah, although it apparently involves time travel:

"Steve and the Stevens
Episode 21
Steven needs a musical partner for an upcoming show, and uses a time travel device to recruit the perfect bandmate, HIMSELF!"

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rita Repulsa posted:

How about comparing it to all the other shows you could be watching but you haven't yet. Even if you limit it to shows with 25 minute episodes and 13 episodes a season I bet there's still something better you could be watching and haven't yet.

Except, if you're an Avatar fan who wants more of that world beyond the original series, then there is no better show on television right now for that. :colbert:

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 6, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

So, is there still no word at all on when the season is going to continue? This is getting kind of ridiculous. Just when I started to get friends into the show it stops dead. Do they have no concept of word-of-mouth momentum at CN?

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 9, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Sithsaber posted:

SU is AT's heir: relax.

I'm not concerned about that. In fact, it being AT's heir is probably why they feel safe dropping it from the schedule 2/3 through the first season to save for later.

TwoPair posted:

Clearly they took a look at Disney's strategy with Gravity Falls and thought "Yes, that way lies the key to greatness. We must also withhold shows for extended periods. This will lead to unparalleled success."

And it worked out great for Nickelodeon with The Legend of Korra, too!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I've never been more proud to be Canadian. :canada:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Yessss that's fantastic news! :D

Now, if only they'd start airing the 16 episodes that are already completed and ready to air!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

My guess is that they're taking this long off now so they don't have to have long breaks in the future.

Eliminating long breaks by... creating long breaks?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

That's going to be great while it lasts, but how long can they possibly sustain that, even after that hiatus?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

PaganGoatPants posted:

Didn't they say they had 40+ episodes ready or something crazy?

A few weeks ago, they had up to Episode 36, which is 16 or 17 episodes done and unaired. With several more close to being completed. So it's probably closer to like 20+ at this point, I would guess.

So I guess that's a month and a bit, at least.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 12, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Sithsaber posted:

You guys are really against anything other than screenshots and fanart, huh?

And yes, sharing a meal can seal relationships. I'm not overanalyzing. Yet.

"Unleashes the rest of my reddit post."

Ps. Wait, you were being serious? The AT thread has made me jaded.

It definitely is a thing in the show... remember in the first episode how his powers were unlocked by his love for ice cream sandwiches?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

J.A.B.C. posted:

The entirety of 'Together Breakfast', as well.

And Connie and Steven's little snack rebellion when they were going to the theatre. :3:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Crabtree posted:

I didn't say she wasn't a warrior, but I'm just assuming she preferred to be more of a healer and a leader than a brawler. But that's sadly all I can do when I'm as clueless about Rose as Steven is.

Remember, though, she did have quite a few crazy powerful light cannons.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Well, yeah, but Steven isn't just a kid who happens to be fat; he's a kid who is fat and demonstrably has a terrible, terrible diet. I mean, we see the stuff he eats in almost every episode and it's always junk food. We also see that the Crystal Gems who are raising him have a bad grasp of how humans work.

I mean, I get that "fat people are horrible" is a notion that gets around way too much, but "Steven is being raised with terrible eating habits and it's going to hurt him later in life" isn't really that far-fetched as impressions go.

We've already seen him change ages rapidly and turn into a cat-monster... I don't think Steven works like most humans, anyways.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

I'm pretty sure the centipedal is/was El Spiko there.

That one clearly has a triangular gem thing going on, though, wasn't the centipedal gem round?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Jay O posted:

Guys, guys, what about Greg's van? He lives in there... :(

Guess Steven'll be sharing the loft with his old man for a while! :haw:

I guess the events of Ocean Gem lends credence to at least part of that leaked episode list, then!

House Guest
Episode 27
After injuring his leg, Greg comes to live with Steven and unintentionally interferes with his powers.

Edit:
Oh man, reading through that list, I see that episode 37 sounds like Realm of Fear from Star Trek TNG. :allears:

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 26, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Moacher posted:

In regards to the Garnet being a permanent Fusion theory (wherein one of the two composite gems is the mysterious (and evil?) "Triangle Gem"), it's worth noting that one of the gems on Garnet's palms has a square shaped face within the circle, and the other is a triangle. This isn't some trick of perspective or sloppy animation either, it's incredibly consistent and carefully drawn each time.

Yeah, this has been noted a couple of times in the thread. I think someone posted pictures showing that the same is also true for Opal and Sugilite, the two gems have different facets.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

IshmaelNemo posted:

It's pretty obvious Garnet's a fusion what with all the evidence in favor of it, but I still have no idea what two weapons would fuse together to form a pair of gauntlets. A while ago I thought maybe each gauntlet could count as a single weapon, but Pearl made two spears back in Ocean Gem, so that's not the case. Pearl and Sugulite's fused weapons both keep the same general shape of the original weapons, so what the he'll could fit together to make gauntlets?

Brass Knuckles and Bracers?

Amethyst's weapon had to change its shape somewhat to become Opal's bow, so they can change to some extent.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

KomradeX posted:

How could we forget to post this

Ronaldo is a Troper.

One of my favourite lines in the KBCW episode was "We spend so much time fighting over dubs or subs that we miss the big picture!!"

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

I've found the implied and explicit eroticizing of Pearl more than a little off-putting.

Seconded. That kind of poo poo gets the Korra thread shut down, but here it seems to be accepted/ignored, I really don't get it.

Koos Goop posted:

It's Pearl's right to be erotic if she wishes. However: apologies.

Uh, knowing Pearl, somehow I doubt she would wish to. Out of the gems, she's the one who is the least comfortable with human proclivities.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I hope someday they have Mike on the show as a rival mayoral candidate.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Applewhite posted:

They don't appear to have any goals or desires aside from keeping Steven happy and I don't know how much longer that can carry them as individuals. Really the Gems are just forces of nature at this point.

Pretty sure they have some obvious goals aside from keeping Steven happy... since they spend most of the show fighting gem-monsters and bubbling the gems.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

max4me posted:

Now you got me thinking about how rose wouldnt have any genes to give Steven thus making him a clone of his father.

Except he is half gem, so whatever their equivalent of genes may be, he clearly has some of that. If he were a clone of his father, he wouldn't be magical or have a gem!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Pearl would probably sous-vide, for its superior temperature control, accuracy, and even, symmetrical cooking.

I feel like Garnet would just dip hers in lava for a minute.

Edminster posted:

lookm e in the eyes and tell me that 'let me drive van into your heart' is not at all magiucal

you can't

Fair point. Well, he wouldn't have a gem, then.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Then the tape showed her baby belly and that hope was destroyed. However, Rose did say that, 'I will become a part of you', or something along those lines. I kinda interpreted that as a portion of herself went to make Steven, while what was left over created Lion.

I assumed the fact that the tape that she made was inside Lion's mane (along with other personal items) was a sign that Lion was around before she gave up her life essence or whatever.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Acne Rain posted:

There will probably be an answer, we're probably going to get more Rose content ahead now that she has both a presence and a voice to re use.

We definitely are. From Rebecca Sugar's AMA:

quote:

Q: Will we get more insight on Rose and her role as one of the gems?
A: Yes you will! OH yes!

Q: Will there ever be an episode about how Greg and Rose met?
A: Yes there will be lots of Rose and Greg backstory!!! Get ready! It may or may not be like what you think!

Also, I just noticed this one:

quote:

Q: What's something non-spoilery you can tell us about Rose?
A: She is /much/ taller than Greg.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

There are a few more tidbits from Rebecca Sugar's AMA that are relevant to that:

quote:

Q: As Steven matures throughout the show, will he still keep his features like being optimistic, making puns, and loving everything?
A: Stevens optimism is going to be put to the testttttt!!!

Q: Are we ever gonna learn more about the gem wars and junk?
A: You'll learn more when Steven learns more... there are things you don't tell a kid his age...

Q: How deep does Steven's story go?
A: Steven's story goes REALLY deep- there is a lot about himself that he does not know. Get ready!!!

Q: Are you going to do more with the larger world? I don't mean 'world' literally, but I've always wanted to see more about the underpinnings of the universe.
A: Yes. The larger world is there, even now-- the show is from Steven's point of view, and you may have already noticed more than he has. There are things going on that the Gems don't feel Steven can handle. That is gonna change. It's going to have to change. GET READY

Q: In the shows future, are we ever going to see Steven as a more developed gem, as teenager or young adult?
A: Yes! He's developing all the time, in real time...

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 7, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Krampus Grewcock posted:

And haven't you seen Blade Runner?

Blade Runner would be a very different movie if it was known from the start that Deckard had a human father and a replicant mother.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Im just dreading the inevitable gap between season 1 and 2

I thought they banked a whole bunch of completed episodes? It's possible there won't be much of a gap between seasons at all.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'm pretty sure at one point they said that she was working on trying to make bubbles that could fix them, didn't they? That's why Pearl had one of her bubbles, to see if the gems were beginning to recombine at all.

(Speaking of, I wonder what it was about that bubble in particular that interested Pearl... some other gem that she used to know?)

Edit: Hmm, I think I was thinking of the part at the end of Monster Buddies when they say that she was trying to heal the gems, and then Steven bubbles a gem for the first time, I guess that doesn't connect the bubbles with the healing, necessarily.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 30, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

I love Steven's reaction toward the video, since it's probably how I would feel in the situation. Is this kind of humor consistent throughout the whole show?

I'd say that clip is pretty representative of the show as a whole.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

They will have them, right? Are we still on the first season?

Yeah, I think we have 17 more episodes until the first season is completed!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

I had hoped Warp Tour would be something more upbeat. Oh well, about 8 hours until showtime!

I'm still hoping for at least one reference to the TNG episode Realm of Fear. :allears:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Edit: nvm

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 9, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

jodai posted:

Those little circle things that appear to be standing with Rose could be the little orbs that fix the warp pad.

So could they be new friends for Steven? Their "spit" fixes things just like his does.

Or the orbs could be updated versions of the little diamonds around the spiky-haired one...

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

What extended themesong?

I think this is the only version of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Speaking of birthstones, turns out the birthstone for January is garnet. Happy birthday, garnet!

My birthday's in January, and I've always been fairly disinterested in garnets... but now I kind of appreciate it being my birthstone, since I relate it to Garnet. :3:

And once I found out that blue garnets exist due to theories about her two gems!

RandomPauI posted:

If the Triangle Man/Person Man theory is valid what who would be Particle Man?

Particle Man is out there somewhere, doing the things a particle can, but what he's like is not important.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 10, 2015

• Locked thread