Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rita Repulsa posted:

Korra season 2 continued most of the lovely trends of the first season and never got better.

I'm not going to even bother with season 3.

Compared to most of what Nick puts out these days Korra Season 2 was still well above the curve even at it's worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bongo Bill posted:

Season 2 contained both the best and the worst episodes of both series.
This is very true.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Who What Now posted:

Compared to most of what Nick puts out these days Korra Season 2 was still well above the curve even at it's worst.

Wayyyyy high bar there.

How about comparing it to all the other shows you could be watching but you haven't yet. Even if you limit it to shows with 25 minute episodes and 13 episodes a season I bet there's still something better you could be watching and haven't yet.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rita Repulsa posted:

How about comparing it to all the other shows you could be watching but you haven't yet. Even if you limit it to shows with 25 minute episodes and 13 episodes a season I bet there's still something better you could be watching and haven't yet.

Except, if you're an Avatar fan who wants more of that world beyond the original series, then there is no better show on television right now for that. :colbert:

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 6, 2014

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rita Repulsa posted:

Wayyyyy high bar there.

Uhhhh... It's not a zero sum game, man. Whatever shows you're talking about I can still watch them. It's not like those shows have evaporated to the aether. And since I got time on my hands Im probably gonna get to them sooner rather than later.

IanJ
Dec 27, 2003

a real magic skeleton

Lord of the Bones posted:

The tumblr updated saying it won't be back til July/August... Do not kill this show CN.

http://stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/ is the official blog. There's been no airdate announcements yet so any other dates you've heard on "the tumblr" are rumors. I would give you the official dirt but I don't think i'm allowed to yet.

that said, i think its safe for me to say that the show is indeed on a hiatus but it's not cancelled or anything.

Lord of the Bones
Nov 1, 2007

Oh my, there are a lot of zombies down there. Starchy's glad he's safe up here.
Doo dee doo doo doo doo~
Welp. Time to review what the heck I'm following on tumblr.

Thank you so much for coming in and setting it straight, Mr. J-Q. I'm really sorry for spreading false information. :(

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Who What Now posted:

Uhhhh... It's not a zero sum game, man. Whatever shows you're talking about I can still watch them. It's not like those shows have evaporated to the aether. And since I got time on my hands Im probably gonna get to them sooner rather than later.

Well personally I thought it was just weird that the original person described it as one of their favorite shows at the moment. Which I guess is cool if you really like the Avatar universe but seems kind of hard to believe given all the good tv that's out there at the moment.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

PantsBandit posted:

Well personally I thought it was just weird that the original person described it as one of their favorite shows at the moment. Which I guess is cool if you really like the Avatar universe but seems kind of hard to believe given all the good tv that's out there at the moment.

I don't have a lot of favorite shows because I don't watch a lot of TV. I fill the rest of my time going outside n'stuff. I liked the Spirit World part of Season 2 Legend of Korra and I want to see more than that. Sorry I like something you don't like. :colbert:

Also sorry for the derail. I'm sure CN isn't going to kill off Steven Universe.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
CN is smart enough not to torpedo one of their best shows, unlike a certain other company.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Aren't there new episodes of that coming like this month?

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?

axleblaze posted:

Aren't there new episodes of that coming like this month?

Closest anyone has got to finding any hint of a release date of season 2 of Gravity Falls is a Radio Disney event taking place July 2nd in celebration of the season 2 premier. No other dates have been given.

Also it's still debatable or not if Disney is actively trying to torpedo the entire project. Signs point to Disney moving the series solely over to Disney XD, where if Wonder Over Yonder and Phineas and Ferb is any indication, it will shortly be given a death slot.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 11, 2014

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

masteraero posted:

if Wonder Over Yonder and Phineas and Ferb is any indication

Only show I watch on Disney is Gravity Falls, what're they doing to Wander and P&F? I thought Phineas was their best show in terms of ratings for the most part.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
Not 100% certain if Phineas and Ferb are getting the exact same treatment, but all new episodes of Wander Over Yonder are no longer appearing On Demand and are being shown around 10am on weekdays instead of its previous prime time slot.

Phineas and Ferb has had this weird deal for awhile now where its episodes would premier on Disney XD and then air on Disney Channel a few weeks later, so it is harder to gauge if Disney is trying to kill it. The past couple of premier episodes on XD have not made the jump to Disney Channel yet and are now airing weekday mornings instead of the prime time slot, same as Wonder Over Yonder.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
1. The dad lives in his car AND owns the carwash right?

2. The Korra trailer dropped and it's problematic. Someone with search should revive that thread.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Sithsaber posted:

2. The Korra trailer dropped and it's problematic.

How so?

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
preemptive delete

Sithsaber fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 18, 2014

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

This is 0% relevant to this thread. Get the heck out of here!

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

dog kisser posted:

This is 0% relevant to this thread. Get the heck out of here!

Like drat, at least put it in the General Kids Show thread or something.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
found it

Sithsaber fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 18, 2014

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Say Nothing posted:

CN is smart enough not to torpedo one of their best shows, unlike a certain other company.

Yeah, it's not like CN scheduling and lack of marketing destroyed Young Justice or Green Lantern TAS or anything.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm having Steven Universe withdrawal guys. Was there no date announced for the new episodes?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm having Steven Universe withdrawal guys. Was there no date announced for the new episodes?

Not yet. The crew says later this summer, but there's been no hard dates announced.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Rebecca Sugar got interviewed on the Inkstuds podcast by Robin McConnell and "Guy doing an Adventure Time episode with Jesse Moynihan" Brandon Graham. There's a lot of insight into the way she's approaching Steven Universe if you've got an hour, and a whole lot on other animation besides. Briefly NWS when Sugar mentions a moment in a comic involving a minotaur's boner.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
In case anyone was afraid that CN forgot about this show

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I don't know how to put my finger on it, but goddamn this show is just so...relaxing. Even when it's action packed as hell, all my stress goes away.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shitenshi posted:

I don't know how to put my finger on it, but goddamn this show is just so...relaxing. Even when it's action packed as hell, all my stress goes away.

My wife said the same thing. She thinks it's the music especially.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whoops!

frank.club fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 21, 2014

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007

Shitenshi posted:

I just flew across the Atlantic, and there were about 4 episodes available to watch. Watching them put me in a very chill mood for the rest of the flight.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

So, is there still no word at all on when the season is going to continue? This is getting kind of ridiculous. Just when I started to get friends into the show it stops dead. Do they have no concept of word-of-mouth momentum at CN?

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 9, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
drat shame is what it is.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
SU is AT's heir: relax.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

thexerox123 posted:

So, is there still no word at all on when the season is going to continue? This is getting kind of ridiculous. Just when I started to get friends into the show it stops dead. Do they have no concept of word-of-mouth momentum at CN?

Hopefully they're trying to build a buffer so they can have it run almost year-round like Adventure Time and Regular Show. That's one way to keep momentum.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

thexerox123 posted:

Clearly they took a look at Disney's strategy with Gravity Falls and thought "Yes, that way lies the key to greatness. We must also withhold shows for extended periods. This will lead to unparalleled success."

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Sithsaber posted:

SU is AT's heir: relax.

I'm not concerned about that. In fact, it being AT's heir is probably why they feel safe dropping it from the schedule 2/3 through the first season to save for later.

TwoPair posted:

Clearly they took a look at Disney's strategy with Gravity Falls and thought "Yes, that way lies the key to greatness. We must also withhold shows for extended periods. This will lead to unparalleled success."

And it worked out great for Nickelodeon with The Legend of Korra, too!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mimir posted:

Rebecca Sugar got interviewed on the Inkstuds podcast by Robin McConnell and "Guy doing an Adventure Time episode with Jesse Moynihan" Brandon Graham. There's a lot of insight into the way she's approaching Steven Universe if you've got an hour, and a whole lot on other animation besides. Briefly NWS when Sugar mentions a moment in a comic involving a minotaur's boner.

That's "dude who makes sick comics" Brandom Graham :colbert:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

thexerox123 posted:

From Sugar's Tumblr:

That's the most I can find.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
I think it is a shame that we don't have any news, simply because as someone who lives close to the area SU is based on, there is nothing more summery than a relaxing day at the shore, which is a tone I thought SU "got" very well. It has the breezy,easy lightness that the OC/AC beach areas kind of inhabit for a lot of people in this section of the US.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

So Coach Steven was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
I hope they have more of the Gems singing in the future.

• Locked thread