Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Faceless Clock posted:

Forza has been THE console racing game of the last generation. If you're big into racing games, that's absolutely worth buying a $500 console for, even if you never buy another game for it (and once you have it, you will).

The fact that I can't use my fanatec wheel was the last straw for not getting an xbone for me. I'm not spending 500(console)+60(game)+300-400(wheel)+50(season pass dlc) for one game. Oh and I forgot about getting xbox live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Dr. Faustus posted:

Nope. Not seeing it. You say they "can't" render a CoD title in full HD. You admit it's a launch title. There could be a million reasons why this launch title doesn't live up to your expectations, and none of them have to be hardware.

We've been through these console launches before (over and over and over by now), and we both know that specs on paper (or the first launch game offerings) do not equal any real insight into what the console can or will do in its lifetime.
The gap in power is not anything like "gigantic."

In every case the true power of the console comes from the people who write the code.

The consoles are, in fact, essentially equal. Time and games will bear this out.

Not that it matters much to me, because I'll own both consoles regardless. But when it comes time to buy the next Rockstar game or EA Sports title, it won't matter which console I buy it on, because they'll be identical.

Titanfall is going to be 720p. It is not a launch title. It is their "top exclusive."

When I played FM5 there was a ton of aliasing on the cars at start, but once you start playing, its harder to notice.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Based on the Smartglass app, there are also 3(!) expansion packs. So the rest of the tracks maybe, with 5 exclusive cars in them? So the super pass is going to be 100 bucks, right?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
From the GiantBomb stream, they said that the first 50 or so races Jeff's drivatar made ~10k credits on its own. Then he checked it when they played Forza, and his drivatar made ~9900 credits over the last ~840 races it was in.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Laserface posted:

Other than that I am having fun with the game. Any idea what the next DLC pack will contain?

More cars from forza 4 I would assume.

• Locked thread