Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is this like X-Wing where you are pretty much required to buy every single ship just for the specific upgrade cards? X-wing is littered with "Y ships best possible upgrade is located only in Z ships box" type crap. How viable would it be to just buy klingon ships and use the crews/upgrades contained in those expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

holy poo poo I just looked up the command token thing. 5 extra free actions every OP event seems insane.

Also theres no ways anyones letting someone use that in a reg 100 pt game right?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tomorrow ill finally be able to recreate the best ship ever. Whale movie ship

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Might throw the Flagship resource on it.

I had to adjust for a lack of Spock.

Gor Portas (26pts)
@Picard (7pts) (33pts)
*Energy Disspipator (5pts)
*Photon Torpedos (5pts)
*Photon Torpedos (5pts)
^Boheeka (2pts)

Kraxon with Independent Flagship #3(36pts)
@Mirok (3pts)
%Tetryon Emissions (3pts)
^Konmel (5pts)

What is the point of taking 2 photon torpedos on the same ship? Is it just to shoot them two rounds back to back without wasting an action to recharge it?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I have no clue how to do this OP4 so i figure ill just blow my enemy up real good with my alpha(male) strike. Hows this look?

Negvar class 28
Picard 7
once more unto the breach 5

Vorcha class 26
Donatra 5

Cardassian keldon class 24
Gul Dukat 5

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Whats the cheapest ship with a reverse move? I thought about using a ship to back and forth straddle range 3 of the tokens/Earth(hopfully in range of only 1 turret) and snipe the planet while two other ships deal with the other guy.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Are there that many ships where they can keep plowing through them every other month?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

GorPort + Gul Dukat + Torps is pretty much a perma 5 dice ship every turn out the front and butt

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hmm that is true, it is buttless.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

No Voyager or E? How many borg boxes do we need isn't this the third?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Voyager is scheduled for wave 4 I think

Oh nice

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

My OP5 cheese build which is remarkably similar to my OP 4 cheese build

Negvar class
Picard
Advanced weapon system

Vorcha class
Gul Dukat
Advanced weapon system

KT'inga class
Romulan Cpt

Dont know if I want to keep the extra KT'inga there for more red dice or just load out the other 2 with shield regen crew + dorsal weapon array. 360 firing arc would allow more assholish flying.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Are those from OP 4? My store isn't doing 4 til Jan

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ok hear me out here....

Praetus
Donatra
Dorsal Weapons Array

Romulan Bird of Prey
Dorsal Weapons Array

Romulan Bird of Prey
Dorsal Weapons Array

Romulan Bird of Prey
Dorsal Weapons Array

Romulan Bird of Prey
Dorsal Weapons Array

6 points left for whatever.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wave 9
http://www.universaldist.com/images/document/STAW%20Wave%209%20Quick%20Solicit.pdf

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

zVxTeflon posted:

I have no clue how to do this OP4 so i figure ill just blow my enemy up real good with my alpha(male) strike. Hows this look?

Negvar class 28
Picard 7
once more unto the breach 5

Vorcha class 26
Donatra 5

Cardassian keldon class 24
Gul Dukat 5

Took this list to an OP4 today and went 2-1. Gul Duk got Barrage of Fired into oblivion before he could shoot in game 2 which pretty much took me out of the running for the prize ship as only the best and worst players (points wise) got a ship. Only 1 out of 11 people even bothered going for the Earth command token things. I will prob ditch the Keldon class for something else that can cloak or tank better. Every player but 1 was running a Klingon/Vulcan cloak build and there are better bullet sponges out there if I want to run a similar list.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

wizkids prob had a warehouse full of dragon minis they needed to offload somehow.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Played OP5 today, came in second yet again, going 2-1.

My trick of putting the Negh'var right behind my opponent's fleet worked beautifully the two games where I dared to do it.

What lists did you go up against and why didnt you do it all 3 times?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I guess im just going with this for OP5.

Negh'var class
Picard
Ad Wep System

Vorch'a class
Gul Dukat

K'vort class
Worf

As cool as the flagship cards are Im too nervous to run a 2 ship build and every time I try to make a list with it I have 10 points left over that I just dont know what to do with.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If they dont have some serious red on their dials thats going to be ridiculous to fly against.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I really like the design of the Somraw. Its a shame the ship itself is such a piece of poo poo. Only card in the pack worth getting is Bu'kah

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

God knows this would be a huge waste of money but I'd really love to try this list.

Kvort class (28)
Gowron

Romulan Science Vessel (22)
Donatra
Defense Condition 1

Raptor Class (18)
Clark Terrel

Raptor Class (16)

Raptor Class (16)

Dontra stays perma cloaked for her buff and Condition Ones the first combat round. Your shittiest ships have 2 agil, an evade (their action) and a battle station. If by some miracle you don't lose a Raptor in the first exchange you're tossing 20 attack dice with battle stations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dunno if this was posted. Stats for..whatever this thing is. another 2 attack ship how exciting.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1958347/star-trek-attack-wing-nistrim-raider-expansion-pa?size=large

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

wanna see that bioship dial.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wow kinda glad I didnt get a JemHadar now (or any wave 3 ship).

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is there any crew that adds a weapon slot to a ship? I got a Bajoran scout ship from op6 and the dial is pretty great but everything else about it sucks and it only has crew slots. I wanted to turn it into a cheap(ish) missile boat type thing.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I imagine lots of tetryon emissions being used on these borg ships.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Oh cool Belanna Torres. I can turn my Bajoran prize ship into an agile missile boat which, I guess means nothing now that the borg are out. :saddowns:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I assume Collective OP1 is going to be; Joust on the far side of the map while Orbital weapons platforms a Borg cube shoots you.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

How hard/easy was it to setup the Cutting beam?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Trip Report: Tholian Web

Store had a rule that Borg and Species:90210 ships had to be faction pure. I guess everyone assumed noone else would run Borg because of it since noone but me used them. Went 3-0 and got the prize ship running:

Borg Sphere - generic (38)
Borg Captain (3)

Borg Sphere - generic (38)
Borg drone (0)

Hideki Fighters - 20
-----
99 pts

Only real challenge I had was a guy running a combo of Dom Battleship and a stacked super Valdore that tossed out 9 attack dice per round. Lost a Sphere before it could shoot but the remaining sphere and fighters beat down his valdore pretty quick and once he was down to the battleship it was over. The regular 3 point Borg captain is really pretty good. making GBS threads all over cloaked ships combat round 1 is great and its not like tanking your already crappy PS matters. Tons of people lost ships to the web of death. :shrug:

I wanna try running the named Tholian prize ship in a Borg list and see if people are dumb enough to take the bait and ignore the Spheres long enough to get behind their targets without taking damage.
The named Tholian captain has a great ability too.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hideki and Fed Fighters getting their own release.

Vidiian Starship
Regent’s Flagship
Hideki-Class Attack Squadron
http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/STAW-Wave-10-Solicit.pdf

Romulan Drone Ship
Hirogen Warship
Federation Attack Fighter Squadron
http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/STAW-Wave-11-Solicit.pdf

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

jesus are the Arena OP event rules some convoluted poo poo.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Has anyone played The Arena OP or thought about builds for taking/ignoring the planet?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Well noone wanted to play the arena scenario so we didn't. Hurray for a free gorn ship

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Otisburg posted:

The past couple events have had shitdick for turnout at my venue.

Same. We usually hovered around 10-13ish for the dominion war but for tholian web we had 6 and Arena we had 3.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

OP3 rules seem really dumb and I missed OP1 so im not in the running for the prize thing so I will prob go with 2 Quantum Sigularity ships and sabotage my opponents out of the running unless someone has a legit winnable list that has enough offense/defense to beat this thing.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dr. Sneer Gory posted:

Also, is $15 for an entrance fee normal for one of these events?

It seems to be normal for events that give you a blind ship to use in the scenario. All other times (at least at my store) has been either pay $10 or buy a ship as your entrance fee.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Otisburg posted:

It's pretty solid all around save for a few dogs like "Advanced Shields" a 5-point/1 tech slot tax on people who don't understand that the basic evade action does functionally the same thing.

hahaha holy poo poo that card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Oh the new 3 month OP scenarios are up lemme just look and.....

Please stop Wizkids. You are bad at this.

• Locked thread