Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
The Legends of PizzaJoe

(Click the picture to go to the respective post)

So, what the gently caress?
My partner Yoshi and I wanted to Let's Play these two Zelda titles after my previous Skyward Sword LP. The runner-up name for Link in that was PizzaJoe, and we liked it so much we wanted to use it properly. Again and again and again. So here's a double-stuffed crust of a PizzaJoe thread: Majora's Mask and Wind Waker HD New Game+!

Latest Updates
Majora's Mask - Complete!

Wind Waker HD NG+

---Additional Links PizzaJoes---
My simultaneous LP of Ocarina of Time 3D

My previous Zelda LPs: Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

---Game Description---
Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to the seminal Ocarina of Time, and except for the still-poo poo first-person aiming, it improves on it in every way. The story is more introspective and creative, the characters are more alive, the world is more richly detailed, and the difficulty fully expects you to do your homework. Also, it's dark. Like, there is no hope in anyone you meet dark. Where OoT was a classical tale of good destined to defeat evil, Majora's Mask is a memorable parable of loss, death, madness, and acceptance. You are not destined to save this world; this time, you have to want to.

The story is such:
The Hero of Time slips away from Hyrule to find a long-lost friend. While wandering the Lost Woods, he is attacked by a masked Skull Kid, who steals his horse and escapes. PizzaJoe gives chase, only to fall through worlds and end up in the mirror universe Termina, where Skull Kid has doomed the land to be crushed by the moon in three days. A mysterious (read: creepy) figure called The Happy Mask Salesman tasks PizzaJoe with retrieving the titular mask from the Skull Kid, while helping out everyone else in the world Skull Kid screwed over. Good thing he can time travel.

---LP Description---
100% LP, show off everything, blah blah blah you know the drill by now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPM's The Interplay of Narrative and Engagement in Majora’s Mask

Epee Em posted:

Given that the HMS can identify any mask you bring him, it's reasonable to assume his knowledge of Majora's Mask is as accurate as we'll ever get.

And come to think of it, since Thorn didn't show that off, I'll include all those. The transformation masks don't get comments.

"That's the Postman's Hat, isn't it? That is a fine thing. It is filled with the joy of freedom."
"That's the All-Night Mask, isn't it? That looks like an expensive mask."
"That's the Blast Mask, isn't it? That is a fine mask. It is filled with feelings of gratitude."
"That's the Stone Mask, isn't it? That is a fine mask. It is filled with an appreciation for things that go unnoticed."
"That's the Great Fairy's Mask, isn't it? That is quite rare. Normally, you wouldn't be able to get one of those."
"That's a Keaton Mask, isn't it? It carries quite a lot of nostalgia. It was popular with children long ago."
"That is the Bremen Mask, isn't it? If you have that, then it would appear you have the qualities of a leader."
"That's the Bunny Hood, isn't it? That is a fine thing. It is filled with kindness towards animals."
"That's Don Gero's Mask, isn't it? That mask has a very operatic feel about it." (:v: The M. Bulteau mask?)
"That is the Mask of Scents, isn't it? You've done well to get that mask. Looking at its condition, I can tell that its previous owner was neat and tidy."
"That's Romani's Mask, isn't it? That is a nice mask. It is a sentimental item that exudes a lot of maturity."
"That's the Circus Leader's Mask, isn't it? That is a fine mask. It is filled with the feelings of tenderness left behind in the back of one's heart."
"That's Kafei's Mask, isn't it? The worry of a concerned mother is expressed quite well in that mask."
"That's the Couple's Mask, isn't it? That is truly a very fine mask. It's overflowing with powerful feelings of love and gratitude."
"That is the Mask of Truth, isn't it? You have a frightful mask. But being able to see into people's hearts and minds seems useful..."
"That's Kamaro's Mask, isn't it? That is a fine mask. It is filled with the joy a teacher has in finding a good student."
"That's the Gibdo Mask, isn't it? That is a fine mask. It is filled with the love of a father and child."
"That's the Garo's Mask, isn't it? If you have that mask, you must be one with quite a bit of courage."
"That's the Captain's Hat, isn't it? That is a splendid thing. It earns the respect and sworn allegiance of legions of soldiers."

And interestingly enough, you can't wear the Giant's Mask anywhere but the Twinmold boss room, but if you use a cheat device to do so anyway, the HMS will say: "That's the Giant's Mask, isn't it? That truly is a rare mask..."

(By Epee Em)

(By Aristide)

(By agent4, Tumblr)

(By Fruitful-Quest, Tumblr)

(By Wingedcervidae, Tumblr)

(By an-artist-complex, Tumblr)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 31, 2014

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
BUT HD!

---Game Description---
Wind Waker is a much-loved GameCube installment in the Zelda franchise, and it's arguably the best from a technical standpoint. The art style allows for very expressive and lively characters, the controls and camera are some of the smoothest in the franchise, and while the sailing does wear incredibly thin over time, it does give the feel of a huge, epic world. We're also playing the HD version because we love losing our eyesight to stupid amounts of bloom. Sploooosh.

The story is such:
PizzaJoe is a dim but loveable boy living with his sister and grandma on Outset Island. Then a huge bird kidnaps his sister. He convinces a ragtag group of pirates to take him to where she was taken, then Ganondorf gets involved, and well, you can probably guess where the story goes from there.

---LP Description---
This will not be a 100% LP, simply due to the massive amount of pointless (and useless) side poo poo available. However, to spice this particular LP up, Yoshi will be playing through the New Game+, which is not a common option for LPs of this game.

(By an-artist-complex, Tumblr)

(By Antsorter, Tumblr)

(By DickyOldman, Twitter)

(By cofaigh)

MiiVerse Tingle Bottles

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jan 17, 2015

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Let's get this party cart started.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

frozentreasure posted:

And I guess you're not doing HD?

Neither of us have the game or the Wii U. Consider this something to get anyone who doesn't either hyped for it. (It might also be subject to the three-month blacklist.)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

PizzaJoe's got 72 hours. A lot can happen in 72 hours...

Bugging into Termina Field, for example.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I can't fault the author(s) for originality. Certainly feels like one of those old myths and legends from the BCEs.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Mico posted:

If there was one thing that made me hate Majora's Mask it was LPing it.

Good luck.

I remember that. Having recorded the main game already, I managed to avoid it. Luckily the dungeons and what-have-you aren't one of the main reasons I love the game, as I'll go into more down the line.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Now that I'm human again, I can do a multitude of nifty things before heading off to Woodfall. These include dancing and exploding.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

PizzaJoe can't swim, but he can sneak.

Wind Waker might have happened by now, but Yoshi can't be depended on for anything.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Gensuki posted:

Thorn, did you know there's a silly thing you can do with Kafei and the dog in south clocktown?

I've been informed about it, yes. It's on my list of things to record for after the main LP.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
The thumbnail is a punchline in itself.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
So this is pretty cool. Skull Kid has been announced as an assist trophy in the new Smash Bros. As much as I'd rather have him as a creative playable character, if his attack is dropping the moon down on the stage, I'll be completely okay with it.

Other things Yoshi and I think he should do:
-He does something different everytime, like a cycle. Sometimes he'll cause a random effect to the characters, like turn them into Deku Scrubs for a few seconds
-Stretch, scream, and fling himself around like a ragdoll
-Alternately, the mask flings Skull Kid around
-Point and force your character to walk off the stage
-He shows up and tries to steal your horse, but there aren't any horses around so he just kinda stays and floats in the air all disappointed through the whole match
-Show up, gives you a thumbs up, and leaves

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Everybody else busy doing better than me

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Gensuki posted:

If you clear the butler's maze as Deku Link, more specifically, start the race as deku link then probably switch to normal link because deku is actually pretty slow, clearing it gives you a heart piece

Wrong, you only get the mask there.

FinalGamer posted:

Can I just say the frame-rate looks loving gorgeous in this video especially ThornBrain? Seriously this looks amazing to watch.

I recorded it through my HD/progressive scan cables from the Wii. The game holds up surprisingly well at 480p.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Travis joins us, and promptly ruins all seriousness and dramaticism.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

To reiterate, this dungeon is most frustrating before you get the Fire Arrows. After you get them, making up for mistakes like falling to the bottom aren't as difficult since more shortcuts open up.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Drakenel posted:

There might also be more discussion if the OP actually posted for other than the next video. :v:

Yeah 'cause that hasn't done gently caress-all for the conversation in every thread I've done.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

So, what's been happening since last week: I finished and released a new album I've been working on these last several months, I got and beat A Link Between Worlds to great satisfaction, and I held a game of Vindictive Zelda Text on Twitter with interesting results. My personal favourite: "You found the Boomerang! It'll actually come back to you unlike the people you talk to." - DeathspeakSA

All of our LPs (sans Wind Waker) have videos lined up to be commentated, so if we can find the time to get together, there should be more activity from us in 2014.

E: I just now discovered a random audio fuckup. And of course I deleted the source files before I noticed it. gently caress it. Deal with it.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 28, 2013

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Dropping in to let you guys know that I'm taking a break from Let's Plays for a while due to various states of exhaustion and disillusionment. This thread and Ni no Kuni will be on the backburner from several weeks to several months (Travis' LPs are all on him). I'll try and keep the threads from falling into the archive though.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This took way too drat long to render correctly. But anyway, at least this LP is back on track now. Time for aliens and horseback ninjas!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Doing things slightly out of order this week and next week. It'll pay off when we get to doing the Great Bay proper.

E: We joke a bit about band names at the end, but I just realized that the episode title would make a good one.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 5, 2014

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Mikau and the Swamp Spider House playing live, by Fruitful-Quest:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The graveyard is in very capable hands, it seems.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

symptom posted:

I just find it weird to do this sidequest now, since there's an easier faster way to get a fourth bottle in Great Bay.

I need the hookshot to get up to there, and I don't get that until I'm already inside the Pirate's Fortress anyway.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
It's that most wonderful time of the year/month; more art from Olivia:

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 1, 2014

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
This thread may not be ready for what Fruitful Quest has wrought, but let's go for it anyway:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Playing a crapload of Dark Souls has spoiled me for level design. The logic of this area confuses the hell out of Yoshi and me.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Dawwww, look at that adorable little, highly-armed force of nature

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

A brief aside into another spider-infested hole in the ground. Along the way we discover another good reason to go to Ikana Graveyard, so whoever said I should have gone to the waterfall instead: eat it.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thunderfinger posted:

You should watch their other ongoing thread, which is arguably more hilarious. That said, I'm kinda sad that they're not doing much with this thread, they haven't even gotten to Wind Waker yet.

We had to get a lot of technical stuff out of the way for that first. Yoshi's nearly ready to LP it, but he wants to quickly do Punch Out Wii first.

And yeah, if you haven't watched Sleeping Dogs yet, you're missing out on the funniest videos we've ever done.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Shoeless posted:

Will Punch Out Wii be in its own thread?

Most likely. I was debating putting it in this one, but it'll be a short LP either way.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

A Clockwork Majorange

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ChaosArgate posted:

I haven't watched yet, given that I'm about to leave work, but is it this one?

http://majoraopera.wordpress.com/

That's the one. The specific song I mentioned is "Giant's Aria". It's pretty drat good

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Silegna posted:

This is a good point. Yeah, it has been overdone. As you said, that's probably why it isn't mentioned in this LP. Hopefully I didn't open a can of worms here.

It's both that and I forget it's a thing usually. If I ever were to bring it up, it'd probably just be to show how the guy did it, since I think it was all gameshark codes. But then again someone already did that. But also again everyone's done a Majora's Mask LP, so whatever happens.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
While I get the last several videos' worth of footage edited together for commentating, Olivia has new art!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The Kobayashi Maru of Zelda, and I am Captain Kirk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Carousel Of Regret posted:

So, I can't remember if it got brought up/shown before, but if you do none of this sidequest Anju will take the second day off work, go to the laundry pool in the rain, and just weep as she contemplates her fiance's letter and the pressures the flee.

Goddamn, I love this game.

Indeed, I showed that way back in the First Cycle video.

I sneezed on her.

I'm basically a monster.

• Locked thread