Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left

bell jar posted:

nice markov chain

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes

Also I saw Fury today with my partner.

She couldn't stop laughing during the scene where the guy gets set on fire and shoots himself in the head to end the suffering because I lent over and said "oh, you know who the gunner is? It's Shia Labeouf."

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 22, 2014

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fuckface the Hedgehog

I will do secret Santa can I be a reverse death miller?

Bullbar

The Aristocrats!
I saw Interstellar and it was dope

The Narrator

bernie would have won

Plotterboy posted:

I will do secret Santa can I be a reverse death miller?

Lol

Cheer Up Murray
Is emu export a goon approved beer?

XyloJW

SKY COQ posted:

No harder than shipping classy bundy to the states.

I'm happy to run it - will look into particulars but should be kind of like running a mafia game.

I'm catching up now, but Coq, there's a site that organizes Secret Santas and lets people submit their preferences for gifts and giftees, etc and handles everything anonymously.

http://www.elfster.com/

XyloJW

Asphyxious posted:

$30 Starbucks gift card

Haha. I had a dream that someone was all "Ugh Starbucks, gross" and then you (I guess, I don't know who else would be pushing Starbucks) made them try some and they grudgingly were like "Err not bad." I don't even like Starbucks so I guess I was just dreaming about smug people eating crow.

Avshalom posted:

multi-religious families are weird, it's p fun if you can pull it off without conflict but given that most other families seem to be one dropped teacup away from murder at all times adding religion to the mix would be a recipe for disaster

My family is either obnoxiously atheist or fundamentalist Christian, so plenty of strife there. Add in my wife's family, though, which is half neo-conservative (not really strongly Christian, but strongly of the belief that Christianity is :siren: under attack :siren: ) and half Muslim. My father-in-law is of the neo-con variety and his own sister converted to Islam. He still says "Bomb all the middle east, kill all towel-heads. [...] Oh, uh, except my sister or her kids I guess."

Our wedding was so close to being a holy war.

Fruity Gordo

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Cartoon posted:

What are they supposed to do with the remaining $29.87 ?

Can't do secret santa anyway cause I'm a struggling small business person.

you piece of poo poo do secret santa

also i vote no lurkers i dont wanna waste my time or government cheese on someone i dont know or care about, it was bad enough making poo poo for xylo

GoldStandardConure

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Milky Moor posted:

also, i'm no longer allowed to shout COME ON TARS in the bedroom

Sever

HookShot

GoldStandardConure posted:

Can hookshot post a bear for $30CAN + shipping?

Customs would probably seize it.

Assholes.

Coq au Nandos

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

XyloJW posted:

I'm catching up now, but Coq, there's a site that organizes Secret Santas and lets people submit their preferences for gifts and giftees, etc and handles everything anonymously.

http://www.elfster.com/

Oh sweet, will look into this today. Thanks mate.

Asphyxious

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

HookShot posted:

Customs would probably seize it.

Assholes.

Carpe ursum.

Seagull posted:

I choose to believe Asphyxious is just really dumb.

G-Spot Run posted:

did you also hate it when gaspy said the same thing with more words?
Asphyxious

XyloJW posted:

Haha. I had a dream that someone was all "Ugh Starbucks, gross" and then you (I guess, I don't know who else would be pushing Starbucks) made them try some and they grudgingly were like "Err not bad." I don't even like Starbucks so I guess I was just dreaming about smug people eating crow.

Nice, I'm a capitalist Sam-I-Am.

Seagull posted:

G-Spot Run posted:

HookShot

Asphyxious posted:

Carpe ursum.

Noice.

Avshalom

by Lowtax
soag wants me to ask fruity what she'd get him for secret santa but he doesn't want me to tell her that i asked, but in the interests of diplomacy i will not play his games! ariel would never pussyfoot around a question like that, he'd just march right in and demand to know and probably drop some bombs while he was at it. we should all try to be more like ariel :h:

----------------

put both hands in

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

XyloJW posted:

This is exactly what happened in an episode of south park, in which it's message was basically "free market capitalism is awesome!"

XyloJW
Well, every South Park episode is about a smug person eating crow

bell jar

Doctor Cave posted:

This is exactly what happened in an episode of south park, in which it's message was basically "free market capitalism is awesome!"

its weird because they state that "[starbucks] got that way because they sell good products" when the message they convey is "[starbucks] got that way because of aggressive business practices"

Asphyxious

bell jar posted:

its weird because they state that "[starbucks] got that way because they sell good products" when the message they convey is "[starbucks] got that way because of aggressive business practices"

I think you'll find the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Seagull posted:

G-Spot Run posted:

XyloJW
gently caress this sport

Tirade

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Ole Miss lifeline severed?

tithin

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Dawn of the final day
24 hours remaining

XyloJW
30-0, couple minutes left

Bullbar

The Aristocrats!
Went for a swim yesterday with my kids and my sister and my sister said she was keeping an eye on our bags because of all the aborigines at the pool.

algebra testes

XyloJW posted:

30-0, couple minutes left

Yikes!

----------------

algebra testes

I was out getting coffee and I bought a 60c chocolate santa and died in the parking lot of my iga choking on it.

I think maybe there's some deeper meaning that can be read into that.

----------------

Avshalom

by Lowtax
i worked for iga once. they hired me as a permanent part-time checkout chick and on the first shift said "ok so you don't get any paid holiday leave or sick leave or guaranteed weekly hours because we pay you a higher hourly rate to make up for that in advance!" and i was like "uh that's the definition of a casual?" and they said "well we're a queensland-based company so we hire based on queensland rules and in queensland that's called permanent part-time" (this was oxford st, sydney). anyway the shop had just re-opened after a long closure due to total dilapidation, and they hired a million staff members and there just wasn't enough for all of us to do so every shift there'd be one person serving the occasional customer and twelve others milling around doing face-ups on all the merchandise to look busy, and all the "permanent part-time" staff got their hours progressively cut and cut and cut until we were all doing approximately one four-hour shift per week and people were complaining because they couldn't pay their rent. then one day they just never called me in again and i went off and became a dog-walker instead.

----------------

Avshalom

by Lowtax
in closing, gently caress iga

----------------

Avshalom

by Lowtax
also women in our shop were forbidden from carrying our till trays the ~4 metres to the safe without a male chaperone

----------------

thatbastardken

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
uh qld uses the same rules for casual and permanent part time as everyone else i'm pretty loving sure.

----------------

Asphyxious

Avshalom posted:

i worked for iga once. they hired me as a permanent part-time checkout chick and on the first shift said "ok so you don't get any paid holiday leave or sick leave or guaranteed weekly hours because we pay you a higher hourly rate to make up for that in advance!" and i was like "uh that's the definition of a casual?" and they said "well we're a queensland-based company so we hire based on queensland rules and in queensland that's called permanent part-time" (this was oxford st, sydney). anyway the shop had just re-opened after a long closure due to total dilapidation, and they hired a million staff members and there just wasn't enough for all of us to do so every shift there'd be one person serving the occasional customer and twelve others milling around doing face-ups on all the merchandise to look busy, and all the "permanent part-time" staff got their hours progressively cut and cut and cut until we were all doing approximately one four-hour shift per week and people were complaining because they couldn't pay their rent. then one day they just never called me in again and i went off and became a dog-walker instead.

It's much more efficient now, we just replace everyone with machines and never call the casuals back. None of that messy stuff.

Seagull posted:

G-Spot Run posted:

drowned in pussy juice

by FactsAreUseless
also I'm pretty sure being a QLD based company operating in NSW means you follow NSW law wrt labour practices but I Am Not A Lawyer Or Even A Very Smart Person

----------------

tithin

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Update 3, day 3, it's sunny and the wedding is on the beach.

Help.

algebra testes

tithin posted:

Help.

Which beach? I can come by and photo bomb if you'd like.

edit: You obviously don't have to answer that question.

----------------

Fuckface the Hedgehog

How's the sunburn coming along?

Coq au Nandos

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Hi Tithin have you considered Auspol Secret Santa?

Vladimir Poutine
:madmax:

tithin posted:

Help.

the forecast is for more thunderstorms but you'll probably already look like a potato before they hit

tithin

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Plotterboy posted:

How's the sunburn coming along?

Got it on day 1, I've moved onto sun crisping

LordPants posted:

Which beach? I can come by and photo bomb if you'd like.

edit: You obviously don't have to answer that question.

West beach

SKY COQ posted:

Hi Tithin have you considered Auspol Secret Santa?

After I get back

Vladimir Poutine posted:

the forecast is for more thunderstorms but you'll probably already look like a potato before they hit

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant

thatbastardken posted:

uh qld uses the same rules for casual and permanent part time as everyone else i'm pretty loving sure.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

also I'm pretty sure being a QLD based company operating in NSW means you follow NSW law wrt labour practices but I Am Not A Lawyer Or Even A Very Smart Person

it's almost as if the company was deliberately lying to its employees to shaft them out of fair compensation for their labour

• Locked thread