Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yep, to the Cogs we go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Kurieg posted:

I presume you're heading to the Cannith forge in the Cogs?

You are correct sir.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
Anyone else have a question for the guards, or shall we move on the the Red Hammer?

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
I doubt they have much more to tell us, but I am moving away just a tad in case someone has a last question.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I am down for the :redhammer:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The Red Hammer is an inn in the Blackbones district below Tavik's Landing. It's owned and run by two warforged, Blue and Crucible. Blue bought the place with gold brought back from the war, and Crucible is an artificer and operates a 'house of healing' for warforged out of the back. They keep some supplies around for fleshies but it's primarily a Warforged Joint. They're near the Temple of Onatar, which is a holy site to the god and to Warforged in particular, and both of the owners are somewhat religious. As a result open worship or talk of the Lord of Blades is not tolerated within their walls.

Bonus: the Pool of Onatar's Tears is a pool of crystal-clear cold water within a larger expanse of lava. The pool does not extinguish the lava, and the water seems to be continuously replenished from an outside source. Items that are tempered in the water seem to be stronger and sharper than they would otherwise be, but the priests of the temple that has been built around it do not allow it's use lightly. The current caretaker of the pool is a Warforged priest named Smith, who is friendly with Blue and Crucible and is not a fan of the Lord of Blades

Side Note: all this is in City of Towers, I'm not only doing this to spite Walker's wild speculation.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Kurieg posted:

Side Note: all this is in City of Towers, I'm not only doing this to spite Walker's wild speculation.

Like hell you aren't. This plot confuses and angers me :psylon:

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Anyone else see a bar fight coming in our near future?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Depends on how many skill checks we have to roll.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
And here we are without an arena fighter, the build that was born for bar fights.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

With all my massive resistances, can I drink the Warforged ale?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

And does the guy we're about to fight talking with right now look anything like this?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

He does now.

Korlac posted:

With all my massive resistances, can I drink the Warforged ale?
Can you drink it, yes. Should you drink it, how close are you to the bathroom?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Suspicious gloating! SHOOT TO KILL

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
And in comes the rogue with the Hail Mary. On an unrelated note what are the house rulings on subduing NPC warforged?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Same as anything else that's flesh and blood, just because an artificer can remove their arm doesn't mean it doesn't hurt when someone punches them in the muscles.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Alright maybe this skill check will do the trick! :v:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm just waiting for you all to check in before I start shooting everything.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Really Pants posted:

I'm just waiting for you all to check in before I start shooting everything.

Lets do this!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Never mind, looks like he's actually going to talk. :smith:

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
That was borderline anticlimactic.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Way to defuse a tense situation and get a hostile witness to open up, jerk.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well if you insist.

You did manage to make it so that you weren't the instigators, barring one beer-hungry Dragonborn. That will hopefully prevent an all out uprising in the Cogs.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 24, 2013

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Starting a fight while I'm out of town! :argh: If I am in the first block I'll try to post tonight, but Orokos is not very phone-friendly.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

I'd just like to congratulate us (especially our GM) for making it to the second combat. It always seems that most of the pbp campaigns I play always flame out before we even get to the second combat.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
And it's a bar fight no less!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yay initiative rolls.

I think you guys spoiled me last time with killing the one person separating your initiative blocks, but at least I only have to do three combat updates per round.

Could have been five.

:shepicide:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Walker, are you delaying your action?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
No, just analysis paralysis. Update today

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does Brutal Enchantment apply to effects like Burning Weapons, where it's not explicitly a bonus to damage rolls?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

By the absolute strictest interpretation of the rules, I'd say no, but this is an annoying edge case (and I hate annoying edge cases) on top of the fact that the bonus is statistically unlikely to be a big deal so Sure why not.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sweet, thanks! Also:

Kurieg posted:

The three drunk warforged that got hit by Korlac's wave of force fall to the ground, they aren't sparking anymore but seem to be otherwise functional to cursory examination.

MY VERISIMILITUDE

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Really Pants posted:

MY VERISIMILITUDE

Oh, did you want them up for something?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

No, he just used your screen name instead of your character name. :v:

I just noticed the Burning Weapons bonus actually applies to me as well. That's a nice surprise.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 26, 2013

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

His character name has a close enough consonant construction that my brain mixed them up, also I threw it together on my lunch break.

I'll go fix it.

It's also probably worth noting that I'm heading home for Thanksgiving tomorrow afternoon which will make it more difficult to update the combat map(my laptop's resolution is somewhat weird, which doesn't work well with Roll20), as well as remove some of my free time, so updates may be sporadic until Saturday.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
What are the rules for moving across the tables? Difficult terrain or anything? I would want to move to I-20 if possible on my turn.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Difficult terrain.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I checked, and that didn't end up dicking over my previous move--Enna's Wild Step means I ignore difficult terrain while shifting, including, oh, say, powers like Tumble.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I figured you were tumbling over the difficult terrain

:shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Don't suppose anybody has a way to give me a +1 or a reroll to that last attack as an interrupt? If not we get to see a live recreation of the bombing, so I guess it's a win either way. :v:

• Locked thread