Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
:siren:Submissions are Closed:siren:
And we have a winner. Some really nice submissions this time but Asterion wins out.

Sorry to those who didn't make it in. I'll be sure to let you all know if we need another replacement.
I think I made this game on an ancient elven burial ground or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
All aboard the murdertrain! Moo Moo!

pre:
Asterion Furobos   						 
HP: 99/99 (THP:  )       AC:   26    Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 13/13 (V: 24)    For:  28    Passive Perception: 26
Initiative: +8   	 Ref:  24    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 24    Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Howling Strike          [ ] Brutal Slam                      [ ] Rage Strike
Pressing Strike         [ ] Curtain of Steel                 [ ] Serpent Fang Rage
                        [ ] Desperate Fury                   [ ] Thrashing Horns
                        [ ] Enraged Surge                    [ ] Thunder Hooves Rage 
                        [ ] Goring Charge                    [ ] Tiger's Claw Rage
                        [ ] Iaijutsu
                        [ ] Run Rampant
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Shrug it Off 
                        [ ] Sweeping Gore
                        [ ] Swift Charge

Item Powers
[ ]Boots of the Mighty Charge (Daily)
[ ]Marauder's Armor (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Badge of the Berserker: When you charge, your movement made as part of the charge doesn't provoke OAs.
Beastly Action: Immediately after you spend an action point to take an extra action, you can charge as a free action.
Bloodied Outburst: Whenever you are first bloodied in an encounter, you can make a MBA as a free action.
Boots of the Mighty Charge: When charging, you gain a +2 item bonus to speed.
Charging Rampage: When you score a critical hit with an attack power while you are raging, 
you can charge as a free action, instead of making an MBA as a result of Rampage.
Critical Targeting: When you score a critical hit with an attack, 
the attack deals 2 extra damage and you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls 
against the creature you hit until the end of the encounter.
Ferocity: When you drop to 0 HP or fewer, you can make a MBA as an immediate interrupt.
Jagged Axe: This weapon scores critical hits on a 19 or 20.
Opportunity Gore: When you make an OA, you can use Goring Charge without expending it, while ignoring the requirements.
Rageblood Vigor: Whenever your attack reduces an enemy to 0, gain 9 thp.
Springing Charge: When you crit with a charge attack, you can charge a different creature as a free action once per round.
Superior Will: If you are dazed or stunned, you can save at the start of your turn to end that effect, 
even if the effect doesn't normally end on a save.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 24, 2014

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
Looks like I need to work on getting some Necrotic resistance.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Proposed respec for Enna, as approved by the boss man. Basic package is a super stealthy crossbow Hunter, with a couple Seeker tricks. I imagine Enna's "Harry your Prey the Easy Way" mail-order kit finally arrived, containing a new magic weapon and necktie. I sold off my old magic stuff for residuum at 50%.

Only thing you melee guys need to do is keep yourself between me and trouble. Anyone with spare feats should pick up World Serpent's Grasp if you want to keep bad guys on their asses 24/7 in conjunction with my at-will slow and 3/enc immobilize.

...CharOp isn't an addiction, I can quit any time I want :colbert:

pre:
Enna Carreth, Wood Elf Hunter/Peerless Hunter 12

Str 11(00) Con 14(+2) Dex 21(+5) Int 9(-1) Wis 21(+5) Cha 12(+1)
AC: 26 Fort: 21 Reflex: 29 Will: 27
HP: 80/80 THP: 00 Surges: 7/7 (V: 20)
Init: +15 (roll 2x/take best)

TRAINED SKILLS
Dungeoneering +16, Perception +18, Stealth +16, Acrobatics +16, Insight +16, Nature +18

ASPECTS (at-will stances, minor to switch)
[ ]Dancing Serpent: At EOMT, free action shift 1. +1 hit, +2 damage against enemies w/o their allies adjacent
[ ]Lone Wolf: At SOMT, learn location of all bloodied enemies within 5 squares. +2 hit against bloodied enemies.
[O]Pouncing Lynx: +4 init. +2 attack during first turn. +5 defenses against OAs from moving.

AT-WILL
Basic Attack (while hidden)
Aimed Shot: RBA takes only -2 penalty for total concealment. Half damage on miss
Clever Shot: RBA slides 2, knocks prone, or slows (save ends) on hit. Slide 1 on miss
Rapid Shot: RBA against all creatures in or adjacent to target square

ENCOUNTER			DAILY
[ ]Biting Swarm (RBA)		[ ]Stalker's Mist
[ ]Thorn Trap			[ ]Inevitable Shot
[ ]Grasping Trap		[ ]Targeting Weapon (After I hit, allies can roll 2x/take best until EOMNT)
[ ]Invigorating Stride	[ ]Amulet of Elegy +3 (-3 to first save against my power)
[ ]Reactive Shift
[ ]Second Wind
[ ][ ][ ]Disruptive Shot

GEAR
30 pp
13500 residuum
Adventurer's kit
Camo+footpads
Adamantine cuffs
Inquisitive's kit

AND THE REST
+2 Athletics, Thievery, Stealth (+4 to hide or sneak). +2 Perception to search
After attacking with CA, concealment UEOMNT. When I have at least partial concealment, enemies grant CA. :getin:
After crit, enemy grants CA UEOMNT
Ignore attack penalties for cover, running, prone targets
Ranged attacks don't provoke. Load minor> load free
On AP, can reroll each attack before EOMT; take second roll
2 shift distance from Invigorating Stride/Reactive Shift
2 damage and no penalty to hit prone targets

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 16, 2014

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think I should quit. I'm a bad fit for this group.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

May I ask why? You seemed to be doing just fine to me.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm a bad fit and should quit because we ceaselessly get into stupid poo poo that makes me literally mad irl about elfgames, but I don't want to bitch and moan and order everyone around all the time either. That'd be worse.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Alright then, if you're really sure I can work on finding a replacement.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Really Pants posted:

I'm a bad fit and should quit because we ceaselessly get into stupid poo poo that makes me literally mad irl about elfgames, but I don't want to bitch and moan and order everyone around all the time either. That'd be worse.

Ahhh, this makes me sad. We haven't played together since way-back-when during the early days of the A-Team game. I'll miss you bud :(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Kurieg posted:

I think I made this game on an ancient elven burial ground or something.

I need to stop jinxing myself.

:siren: We need a leader :siren:
Game Thread is here if you want to read it over.

Characters
12th level, standard gold and magic items, 22 point buy, inherent bonuses. Free Expertise, Improved Defenses, and Melee Training/Weapon Proficiency. Backgrounds and Themes are okay. I know it's Eberron but No Dragonmarks, even the weakest ones just set a bad precident.

Reflavored stuff from other settings is also okay. I'm in #SAInMourning on Synirc if you have any questions.

Recruitment Closes Midnight CDT Monday April 21st

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 18, 2014

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
When you say leader do you mean the leader role? Or someone to command and lead the other players?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The leader role, we need a healer.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Guess I'll just re-post this since bards are healers.

"The Songbird of Sharn" Jediah Norik, Kenku Bard
(spy theme, Resourceful Mgician Paragon path, multiclass feats for Wizard and Warlock)

"Do you find my appearence surprising? Do not, there are many more of my kind in the lower districts, in the slums, the corners where no-one wants to look. It is good that the guild holds talent above all else, except maybe loyalty. And I am loyal to Sharn."

A member of the Entertainer's guild of House Phiarlan from an early age, Jediah initialy found work as a backup vocalist for other bards. Should one member's voice fail or break before an event, the Kenku was often required to sing for him. His skill at Ventriloquism even in song making him a valued member of the guild, if not necessarily a public one. Until of course an on-stage bard came down with a coughing fit mid-song, and Jediah continued regardless.

Post the revelation that he had been performing secretly for many years, he first took to the stage as a magician, dabbling in many arcane arts, complimented by simple misdirection he was eventually granted the stage name "The Songbird of Sharn" by high ranking officials of the House, but that was not all they wanted out of the bird-man. His skills at misdirection and ability to make anyone seem as though they were talking instead of him had thrusted him into the notice of the darker side of the house. The Serpent's Table had a new ally in the songbird, and the recently formed Sharn Watch Advanced Tactics Squad was something they must have eyes and ears in. With extra training in the arcane reaching from Bardic curses to Wizardry enchantments he applied, claiming that while thrilling: the life of an entertainer wasn't fulfilling enough and he wished to give back to the city which had given him so much.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Hmm, I'll see what I can work together.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Lanamelk, Kalashtar Cleric

Lanamelk is a Kalashtar. A being of two minds. He is a scholar and a healer. For awhile he served in the war, but he was far too much of a pacifist to last long. He was removed from the front line battles and began to serve as a battlefield medic instead. This was his real calling. He proved exceptional at healing. And while he was not much for combat he did feel obliged to help out. And with the war over he still feels some of that obligation. While he does not like hurting people he doesn't really have a problem with others harming those who deserve it, or helping those in the right to do so.

So feeling like he still needed to do his duty he looked into joining a law enforcement force. He was eventually transferred to Sharn, where he worked his way up the ranks to eventually get assigned to the relatively new Sharn Watch Advanced Tactics Squad. Law enforcement may occasionally require violence, though it is not the main intent of the organization, and while Lanamelk does little in the way of direct damage to the criminals he faces in such situations he helps to keep his fellow officers up and running, and messes with the perps such that they are easier to take down by his fellows. His healing skills are where he really shines, though his investigative abilities and ability to read others, as well as his excessive linguistic knowledge, all come in handy in the field.

Stat block:
pre:
Lanamelk  						 
HP: 81/81 (THP: )        AC:   27    Passive Insight: 45
Surges: 09/09 (V:20)	 For:  22    Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  22    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5   	         Will: 27    

At Will             	Encounter             	Daily
Melee Basic Attack  	[ ]Use Vulnerability  	[ ]Ioun's Revelation (Item)
Ranged Basic Attack 	[ ]Healing Word		[ ]Moment of Glory
Astral Seal	    	[ ]Healing Word		[ ]Bless
Sacred Flame	      	[ ]Prophetic Guidance	[ ]Iron to Glass
			[ ]Astral Flare		[ ]Spirit of Healing
			[ ]Denunciation		[ ]Rebuke Violence
			[ ]Reverent Mettle	[ ]Gloves of the Healer (Item)
			[ ]Pacify
			[ ]Peacemaker's Pronouncement
			[ ]Favor of the Gods/Healer's Mercy
			[ ]Bastion of Mental Clarity
			[ ]Second wind

Conditionals    
When I use a Cleric Power to let an ally spend a surge: they regain an additional 2d6+12 HP,
one target heals another +1d6, and that ally can either shift 1 square or gain +2 to Reflex and AC
until the start of their next turn.
Assured Healing: When I miss with a Divine attack power with the Healing keyword, that has no
effect on a miss, I or an ally within 5 squares of me regains 5 Hit Points.
Holy Symbol Expertise: When I attack an enemy with an implement attack my enemies cannot gain
CA against me until the start of my next turn.
Healing Word: The target gains +2 to all defenses until the start of my next turn and an 
additional +5 to all defenses against the next attack against them before the end of my next turn.
Whenever I deal damage to a bloodied enemy:  I am stunned until the end of my next turn.
When I Spend an Action Point:  I gain a +4 bonus to attack rolls with non damaging powers
until the start of my next turn.
When I hit with an Attack that Deals no Damage:  I get a +2 bonus to all defenses until
the start of my next turn.
Telepathy:  Two way telepathy within 5 squares
When an enemy hits my will, and a +4 bonus would make it miss:  Use Bastion of Mental Clarity
Dark Soul:  Make saves against Daze or Dominate at the start of my turn instead of the end.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 18, 2014

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
(Asked Kurieg real quick and with his approval reviving an oldie and a goodie for the Most Goodest Cop possible. Also a healing and buffing machine!)

EDIT: With my health better, I felt a rush of inspiration to impress upon y'all how much I really wanna be in this game!

Elizabeth Thistleweave, Combat Medic and K9 Unit

Late at Night, The Cogs

It was a terrible night in The Cogs, but luckily that was the usual. Every night stank of crime and debauchery in depths this low, where only the brave or the foolhardy would dare to venture. Sharn Watch First Class EMT Elizabeth Thistleweave was definitely the latter, volunteering for a weekly patrol of the streets due to the appeal of a task nobody else would take on! "Those people deserve the safety of the Guard just like any other!"

And off she had gone, first one week, then the next, then becoming the stuff of back office gossip legend. Elizabeth had a spring in her step and a smile on her face as she made her way through the streets, casting preemptive greetings at tired workers and shady fellows just trying to cut a lonely path through the dark without being caught by folks who introduced themselves with knives instead of air-headed compliments. In one smooth motion a shouted "I like your hat!" at a retreating warehouse worker became a quick sling of a candied sweet from a side pouch to some adorable street urchins! Elizabeth cooed to herself as they children left after orbiting around her a bit that the small bit of silver she kept in her decoy purse would do those pickpockets some good!

Then she saw it, the sort of thing she lived for. Black, short, hunched over and engaged in a base act. The little dark mongrel lifted it's leg to do it's business on half a smashed crate when it noticed Elizabeth jogging over and immediately fled! "Come back! I won't hurt you!" Oh, to pick up that poor stray and give it a proper grooming and several hugs! But he was born on the streets, a wild and wicked hound that knew it's neighborhood like the back of it's paw. But Elizabeth was a fighter and she kept the pace, even tracking it to a few abandoned vendor's booths as the dog made daring leaps from bench to box to roof! Elizabeth cast a haughty glare up at the last flash of his lop-sided hind quarters before starting to climb up the booth herself.

Creaaaak... Crack! Clatter! With a scream she fell down the side of the booth and rolled down a set of stairs leading down to a small door, barreling right through it, completely unlocked! The men inside had been waiting for a tip-off before they began moving a great amount of unstable and illegal substances, each using smokes or booze to calm his nerves. If they were discovered by even a single rival gang snitch or Gods above, a flatfoot... every head whipped around to the door, hands reaching for blades and bolters, each man saying his prayers or his regrets as fast as he could.

Elizabeth sat up, her tidy uniform now wet from a puddle at the bottom of the stairs, her meticulously shined shoulder-pads and buttons reflecting the dim lantern light at the door. Her vibrant blonde hair masked a pair of pointed ears and a set of huge eyes that took in everything with a sense of expected wonder. She rubbed her head and tries to put on a groggy smile as one of the men broke the silence and stalked over to her, looming above her with a dull dagger brandished, his face proudly holding the coarse stubble that had been winning the long-standing feud. "What's yer angle, copper?!" "Well uhm, if you'd excuse me, I was just looking for a nice stray dog and I.." "SHUT IT!"

With a start Elizabeth winced and pulled her head back a bit, finally taking in the scene before her. The rest of the crooks were beginning to rouse and come up behind the first foul man. "Any last words?"

Without hesitation she bolted to her feet and brandished two objects! A small wooden totem bearing the grim effigy of a humorless bulldog... and her badge! "Yes! STOP, IN THE NAME OF THE GUARD!" Vibrant golden energy whipped up around Elizabeth's feet, twin tendrils coming up either leg and around her torso before colliding upon the totem, a magnificent howl erupting from every angle as thousands of ethereal hounds erupted out of the stone, each stern bully pulling from the cobblestones beneath them for strength as they crashed into the crowd, knocking all of the men flat on their asses! In the aftermath of the great dogsplosion a dog stayed to harry each man, tearing him down by his leg or his arm as he tried to rise and bring the fight back to the petite lady guard! Over time each man fell to spiritual salvos of angry bites and loud howls, ghostly dogs materializing to hound her opponents one by one, a single pure white malamute with elegant black outline standing guard before her as she worked.

In the aftermath of the bust Elizabeth made her way between each unconscious man, diligently checking his wounds and bandaging the worst of them before cuffing his hands. As she approached the last man struck, he grinned wicked, his head turned to the side and out of her view. Everybody always thought the last man down was authentic, they was so eager to finish the fight, he knew. Just had to take a light hit and fake a tumble... and next thing little missy knew, his knife would find her throat when she came in for the catch. He could hear her boots stopping beside him and he began to roll over, a sneering chuckle escaping his lips before he sucked it right back in, frozen in place.

"Don't worry, sir! Our legal system is very fair and I'm sure that when you're not around these men, you're a very nice person! After you repay your debt to society you can get right back on your feet!" Elizabeth cheerfully talked as the man nodded dumbly, a massive black mastiff standing at the guard's side and sniffing at the man. Each rapid inhale of the nostril sounded like a miniature vortex and he gulped as the hound suddenly looked up and growled at him until he let his dagger drop to the ground.

Although she didn't have the aptitude(or the capability) for corruption that might take some higher in Sharn, Elizabeth had earned her reputation as the Houndmaster of the Sharn Watch!

---

Settled in Central Sharn for the last century or so, the Elven family of Thistleweave has made a tidy sum by neatly attaching itself to nobility by serving as skilled tailors. Born into a steady prosperity, Elizabeth is the youngest of three at the tender age of 62. She has infuriated her parents to no end by having no talent for needlework and preferring the company of animals or the tilling of soil. Her eccentricities had nothing on the emergence of her natural talents at a formal dinner party when she accidentally conjured up a brutish little hound that knocked over three chairs and a table to reach a roasted bird. Although she has endured an upper class upbringing and taken in all that she was taught about etiquette, Elizabeth was overjoyed to be sent home to deal with her "mangy beast." Since then her natural affinity with the elemental spirits of the world has grown, the small amount of natural life that occupies a city drawn to her like a beacon for stray cats, feral dogs and stubborn weeds. From there Elizabeth's prowess is entirely self-taught!

Elizabeth wasn't sure what would come of her abilities but an encounter with a barker in one of the lower districts set her on what must be the best possible path: helping others as a city guard! Believing the best of everybody she meets and delighting in helping others, she is sure that dutiful service is the best way to help as many people in the city as she can! And so she has for the last five years toiled in the guard, staying late to help her coworkers with their tasks, providing as much moral support and (more practically) healing as she can to those who take on dangerous duties and selflessly volunteering to tend to prisoners. Elizabeth is proud to think that any criminal can be reformed and helped, and surely the many reassignments she has met in her career are the results of her superiors watching out for her best interests and sending her to where her help is needed the most! She is certain that her latest assignment will be her most important! After all, she was told so!

Elizabeth's best friend and stalwart companion is Bruno, a noble malamute spirit. With special training, Elizabeth has picked up enough spiritual savvy to summon a second hound(utility 10) during intense arrests, the massive mastiff Buford. She tends to call upon other natural spirits or her own interpretation of them(as through books) when needed.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 21, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Looking good so far, I'm out of town till Sunday night (yay Easter) but I've got PMs on my phone if you've got questions.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Took me about two days to work my head around the character creator but here we go. One Genasi Artificer.

Blackened Book officer: Mari-sal, Genasi Artificer

"Ooh, this one's gone squishy! Poor sod, must have been here a while..." Mari-sal called down the hall to where two other members of her unit were examining a second body. Their's was fresh, and dumped out in the corridor at the end of a LONG blood trail. Hers was hidden behind a secret wall panel. The stench was unbelievable, the room was partially flooded and the body had swollen with internal gasses. Now it's putrified flesh had taken on the consistency of, well, whatever internal organs were still contained within.

"Male, five foot three, body is too rotted to tell it's race without an autopsy. Large slash wound to the throat, nice cheek bones. Bet he was a looker when he was still breathing." She chuckled.

Standing up she let her eyes wander around the room. Taking in the details of the cult symbol crudely painted on the wall, the trapped chest (already disarmed) and the robes and sacrificial dagger that had been contained within. There had also been a tome left on a pedistal. Presumably it had contained dark rites of one sort or another but the water damage had been too great to leave it legible. However, that wouldn't stop the team back home taking a look at it. If she'd been an evil murdering cultist hoping to hide their secrets she would have picked a concealing ritual as well.

That then left the body out in the corridor. Connected or a coincidence? According to witnesses they'd seen a cloaked figure running away from the scene shortly before the Watch was called. Could be the owner of this secret room, could be the victim. Mari-sal strolled over and hunkered down next to her superior officer. A human man by the name of Talbot. He nodded mutely in greeting.

"Thoughts?" He asked.

"Well she's dead for a start." Mari-sal started conversationally. "Elf, broken forearm. Possibly from defending herself from her attacker. Possibly happened when she was dragged here. Blow to the back of the head but it wasn't the killing wound..." She lifted up the elf's bloodied shirt and ran her fingers along the ribcage until she found a stab wound amongst the gore. "Yeesh, went right between the ribs and into the heart. She bled to death. Look, they tried to twist the blade but the ribs stopped it. She might even have had time to crawl all the way up here before she bled out."

"Crawl...?"

"Yep, craw! You know, that thing drunk people or babies do when their legs don't work! Also the dying like to do it, and in this one's case she was a marathon crawler. I've seen Dwarfs who would envy these biceps!" She reached into her cloak and pulled out a number of vials. "Two bodies, one runner, a hidden cult room and a whole lot of questions. Only one way to know for sure! Oh, hey Talbot? Stop me if I'm about to walk into any walls this time? Thanks!"

---

A bright young woman who specialises in magical items and crime scene investigation Mari-sal joined the Blackened Book early in her carrier as a guard. An overprotective relative in some higher position in the Watch securing the position to keep his 'darling niece' away from the rougher and more dangerous elements of the guards duties. An act that while filled with good intentions struck the young Mari-sal as vaguely insulting. A slight clerical error saw her assigned to the crime scene investigation teams, rather than the nice safe paperwork department which her Uncle had intended. Even so she adapted to the work well, finding her place and rising quickly through the ranks.

When questioned what she did before she joined the Watch Mari-sal is unusually tight lipped. Advising that there's little point in talking about a time when she couldn't try and help people. She believes strongly in the law as an institution for good, reasoning that even the most corrupt officers must have joined the watch for the right reason and have simply lost their way. Hopefully finding their way into a cell, quietly and confessing all of their misdeeds for use in court.

Relentlessly chipper about nearly everything, Mari-sal's sunny disposition might seem at odd with living in the tower slums, and her job investigating the most horrific crime scenes. Death, blood and filth are her everyday encounters and yet she continues to grin and laugh trying to keep her teams spirits up. She has little to no skill in rousing speeches or being intimidating. But she's pretty good at getting along with people. Her time in the Blackened Book has given her a wide variety of knowledge to draw upon and her skill with her hand crafted repeater crossbow has brought more than one crime spree to an end.

Her dedicated service has earned her a new promotion, one which her Uncle tried his hardest to block but was ultimately foiled. An immediate transfer to the newest wing of the guard. The Sharn Watch Advanced Tactics Squad. While Mari-sal relishes the chance to show what she can really do, she's got no idea what she's getting herself into. As team medic it'll be her responsibility to keep the squad fit and fighting. She only hopes her healing infusions and gadgets are up to the task.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Arannis Anvilhammer, the Six Million Gold Piece Elf

Urist Anvilhammer had almost everything good in life. A loving wife, a steady flow of smith work, and enough ale to sate a dwarven thirst. What he lacked, however, was a child. Despite the prayers and efforts of himself and the missus, the Anvilhammers' never had a child, until one night there came a knocking on the door of their home. Answering the door Urist found only a fey child bundled in a blanket. Seeing it as a sign, the Anvilhammers took in the child and raised him as their own.

Arannis quickly took to the art of crafting, using the superior smithy skills his adoptive father taught him with his own innate arcane abilities to craft amazing devices and gadgets. He quickly proved a prodigal artificer, with a few Houses looking to hire him. However, Arannis chose a different path. Taking his well trained eye for detail, knowledge of magic and technology, and sense of justice Arannis joined House Deneith so he could protect the innocent.

After 20 years of service, tragedy struck. Arannis failed to disarm an active explosive, prematurely detonating it. He barely survived but lost both arms in the explosion. Most people would have quit there, perhaps fallen into melancholy or into heavy drinking. Most people aren't as stubborn as dwarves. Working countless hours and long nights, Arannis and Urist forged iron arms that functioned for those of flesh just as well as their own arms.

However, the House wasn't convinced and wasn't willing to risk the arms failing at inappropriate moments. So Arannis was shuffled to a desk job, identifying the arcane and alchemical as well organizing contracts for outside mercenary groups using Deneith's services. This continued for some time, until one day Arannis' superiors told him that he was being sent to Sharn, to aid in an ongoing investigation. Itching for field work and trusting in his mechanical limbs Arannis set forth to Sharn.

Knowing next to nothing not on the public Eberron wiki about the setting I bumbled about and made some broad assumptions about how common mechanical limbs are, holler at me if something needs reworking.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

:siren: Submissions are closed. The answer is Dogs :siren:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Sounds of swooning, etc.

I'll do you proud fellow officers.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I hope you're prepared for what you're getting into.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

As exactly the sort of person who would be a girl scout, Elizabeth is always prepared!

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Get to the Choppa!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Sorry Korlac, I was typing that up for the past hour and didn't see your post until I tossed mine in there, want me to change anything?

Besides, you can't die until after you announce you're retiring.

I'll give you all some time to interact with each other and react to the events at hand before posting the debriefing and giving you your mission pay.

:siren:Level Up Time:siren:

Enna's already done so but Jerac and malakhad feel free to head on up to level 12.

Everyone give me updated wish lists.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wishlist? Rings, Gloves, Head, Boots, Wondrous Items. But anything is good really, I'd dig multiple totems as well! Swap 'em on the fly, apply the most buffs and debuffs, etc.

Edit: MY KOKORO DREAM is that every new totem I find is a different breed of dog. My current Totem applies Weakened to my attacks for a turn so it's a stern bulldog. Please go from there, Kurieg.

A note that I got an extra magic item at 5th level due to Background(Noble), but hilariously I forgot about it until I was done my sheet so I chose my mace.

I've summarized all the buffs and leader boosts I can give you guys if you are considering doing something cool "but if only I could move 20 squares RIGHT NOW" so you can gimme a shout for help if we're sharing an initiative block, otherwise I'll summarize what amazing buffs are rippling off my doggy when I make the attack! :3:

pre:
Elizabeth   						 
HP: 78/78 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 31
Surges: 7/7 (V:19)       For:  21    Passive Perception: 31
Initiative: +7   	 Ref:  22    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 7   	         Will: 27   

At Will             	Encounter             	  Daily
Haunting Spirits    	[ ][ ] Healing Spirit 	  [ ] Healing Flood
Stalker's Strike 	[ ] Elven Accuracy        [ ] Earthrage Spirit
Spirit's Fangs        	[ ] Twin Hounds           [ ] Explosive Sacrifice
        	      	[ ] Spirit Hunt           [ ] Spirit Summons			
                        [ ] Blood Dancer          [ ] Controller Totem
			[ ] Spirit Tide           [ ] Second Chance
			[ ] Empathetic Read       [ ] Shield
			[ ] Iron Resurgence       [ ] Jaunt
			[ ] Spirit Flow           [ ] Repulsion
			[ ] Speak With Spirits    [ ] Handler's Wraps
                        [ ] Noble Presence
                        [ ] Cascading Health
                        [ ] Mental Might

Conditionals   
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Alertness: Cannot be Surprised
Ephemeral Spirit: Spirit takes half damage from Ranged Attacks
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 squares
Totem Expertise: Ignore partial cover/concealment on Implement Attacks

Interrupt:
Empathetic Read: Reroll Bluff/Diplomacy/Insight, use either result(Encounter)

Adjacent To Spirit: 
Stalker Spirit Adept: Ally starts turn Adjacent to Spirit
                      may Shift 1(Free) as their First Action

Healing Spirit:
When Elizabeth heals an ally with Healing Spirits...

Rejuvenating Spirit: Ally makes Saving Throw 
Vigorous Spirit: And regains an additional 6 HP

Healing Guides: Allies adjacent to Spirit/in my zones/conjurations regains 3d6 HP
Strengthening Spirit: And gains 6 Temp HP
Invigorating Spirit: And can Shift 1 Square(Free)

Movement:
Noble Presence: (Move) 1-2 Allies in Close Burst 3 can Shift 2 Squares/+2 Defenses UEOMNT
Spirit Flow: (Minor) Close Burst 20, swap places with Spirit

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 23, 2014

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'll just keep the Accurate Staff of the Impregnable Mind and Ring of Mental Power on the wishlist.

New feat: Dominating Mind, to make it more likely that Hypnotic Pulse and Mind Blast stick. You know, assuming any of the attack rolls hit in the first place.

Skill retraining: Intimidate -> Diplomacy. I think the murdertrain has scaring people covered anyway.

Updated character sheet:

- Malakhad uses Insightful Warning as an immediate interrupt if affected by an area attack, or Bastion of Mental Clarity if it happens to be an attack vs Will
- Malakhad uses Intellect Fortress as an immediate interrupt if he's the sole target of an attack

pre:
Malakhad  						 
HP: 68/68 (THP:  )       AC:   26    Passive Insight: 32
Surges: 7/7 (V:17)       For:  22    Passive Perception: 25
Initiative: +10** 	 Ref:  26    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 29    Power Points: 6/6

At Will             	Encounter             	     Daily
Melee Basic Attack  	[ ]Cast Fortune	  	     [ ]Living Missile
Ranged Basic Attack 	[ ]Bastion of Mental Clarity [ ]Hypnotic Pulse
Dishearten	    	[ ]Distract                  [ ]Mind Blast
Betrayal	      	[ ]Send Thoughts             [ ]Healing Word
Force Grasp	        [ ]Intellect Fortress        [ ]Good Omens
                        [ ]Insightful Warning
                        [ ]Mind over Flesh
                        [ ]Prophecy of Doom

Item Power At Will      Encounter                    Daily
                        [ ]ESP Medallion             [ ]Staff of Psicraft
                                                     [1]Orb of Stored Energy

Conditionals    
- Malakhad and allies within 5 squares can't be surprised
- Can spend one PP when rolling initiative to gain a +3 bonus
- Rolls initiative twice and uses the better result
- Gains an extra move action when spending an action point
- Save vs dazed, stunned, or dominated at the start of each turn instead of the end
- Ranged attacks don't provoke OAs
- Targets hit by a psychic power take -2 to their next attack roll
- When attacking vs Will, deal +3 damage and the target takes -1 to its first save against the attack's effect
- Targets of a daze, stunned, or dominate effect that a save can end take -2 to their first save.
- Two-way telephatic communication within 5 squares
- Rolls Perception twice and uses the better result

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
If we're posting wishlists, here's Asterion's. Bolded items are preferred over other choices.

Head; Charger's Headdress (lv 12) or Horned Helm (lv 16)
Ring; Ring of Giants (lv 13) or Ring of Fury (lv 14)
Hand; Strikebacks (lv 10)
Waist; Totemic Belt (lv 11)

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
New sheet!

pre:

AC: 26 Fort: 21 Reflex: 29 Will: 27
HP: 80/80 THP: 00 Surges: 7/7 (V: 20)
Init: +11 (roll 2x/take best)

TRAINED SKILLS
Dungeoneering +16, Perception +18, Stealth +16, Acrobatics +16, Insight +16, Nature +18

[ ]Dancing Serpent: At EOMT, free action shift 1. +1 hit, +2 damage against enemies w/o their allies adjacent
[ ]Lone Wolf: At SOMT, learn location of all bloodied enemies within 5 squares. +2 hit against bloodied enemies.
[O]Pouncing Lynx: +4 init. +2 attack during first turn. +5 defenses against OAs from moving.

AT-WILL
Aimed Shot: RBA takes only -2 penalty for total concealment. Half damage on miss
Clever Shot: RBA slides 2, knocks prone, or slows (save ends) on hit. Slide 1 on miss

ENCOUNTER				DAILY
[ ]Biting Swarm			[ ]Stalker's Mist
[ ]Grasping Trap		[ ]Targeting Weapon (After I hit, allies can roll 2x/take best until EOMNT)
[ ]Invigorating Stride		[ ]Amulet of Elegy +3 (-3 to first save against my power)
[ ]Reactive Shift
[ ]Elven Accuracy
[ ]Second Wind
[ ][ ][ ]Disruptive Shot

CONDITIONALS ETC.
Shadowdancer's Set: +2 Athletics, Thievery, Stealth (+4 to hide or sneak)
Inquisitive's Kit: +2 Perception to search
Armor of Dark Deeds: After attacking with CA, concealment UEOMNT
Targeting Weapon: After crit, enemy grants CA UEOMNT
Close Combat Archery: Ranged attacks don't provoke
Hunter's Action: On AP, can reroll each attack before EOMT; take second roll
Elven Precision: +2 to Elven Accuracy reroll
Martial Accuracy: Reroll martial attacks twice with Elven Accuracy
Crossbow Expertise: Ignore cover
Hidden Sniper: When I have any concealment, enemies grant CA
Speed Loader: Reload as free action
Grouinding Shot: +2 damage and no penalty to hit prone targets
Running Shot: No ranged attack penalty for running

[B]GEAR
120 pp
4500 residuum
Adventurer's kit
Camo+footpads
Adamantine cuffs
Inquisitive's kit

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Updated character sheet.

Wishlist:
Level 17 Baazrag Leather Armor Aegis Expansion +4
Level 15 Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade Longsword +3
Level 14 Circlet of Arkhosia
Level 13 Tenebrous Shroud +3
Level 12 Belt of Vigor
Level 10 Strikebacks

pre:
Immediate Actions:
*If my mark attacks anyone but me, use Aegis of Shielding (14 damage absorbed).
*If my mark attacks myself and others with an AoE, use Drowmesh of Aegis Expansion (13 damage absorbed).
*If someone other than my mark makes a melee attack against an ally within 10 of me, use Dimensional Vortex (Negates the Attack).
*If someone other than my mark makes a ranged attack against an ally within 10 of me, use Channeling Shield (9 damage absorbed).
*I can only do one of these a round, so the first one negates the other triggers.

Jerac
HP:   110/110 (THP: )    AC:   30    Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 12/12 (V:28)     For:  25    Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +12   	 Ref:  28    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6   	         Will: 24    

Encounter               Daily
[ ]Second Wind          [ ]Dance of the Sword
[ ]Guardian's Counter   [ ]Sword of the Shielding Fire
[ ]Promise of Storm     [ ]Arcane Deflection
[ ]Sword of Sigils
[ ]Channeling Shield       At-Will
[ ]Dimensional Vortex   [-]Sword Burst
[ ]Acid Surge           [-]Booming Blade
[ ]Insightful Warning      -Close Blast 2 due to Resounding Thunder
[ ]Dazing Rebuke        [-]Aegis of Shielding
[ ]Reactive Surge
[ ]Tempest Burst
[ ]Phylactery of Action (Item)
[ ]Boots of the Fencing Master (Item)
[ ]Drowmesh of Aegis Expansion (Item)
[ ]Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade (Item)

Conditionals:
-When I hit an enemy marked by me with an Arcane attack power, I gain 2 Temp HP.
-When I complete an extended rest, I gain 1d8 Temp HP.
-When I shift, I gain a +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of my next turn.
-When I reduce a nonminion enemy to 0 hit points, I gain 7 Temp HP.
-When I use an action point I can manafest any element.
-When I use Aegis of Shielding I can mark 2 targets.

Resistances:
8 Fire
8 Thunder
8 Cold
15 Lightning
15 Acid

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
True confessions: totally updated my character sheet and lost the old one right after last combat, thank god I didn't make any attack rolls before leveling.

Anyhow here's the really finalized sheet, maybe wishlist later, maybe not (not too much I need)

pre:
AC: 26 Fort: 21 Reflex: 28 Will: 23
HP: 81/81 THP: 00 Surges: 8/8 (V: 20)
Init: +13 (roll 2x/take best) Speed: 8 Vision: Low light

SKILLS
Acrobatics +16, Dungeoneering +16, Heal +11, Insight +16, Nature +18, Perception +18, Stealth +16, Thievery +13

AT-WILL

ENCOUNTER			DAILY
[ ]Biting Swarm			[ ]Stalker's Mist
[ ]Grasping Trap
[ ]Invigorating Stride
[ ]Reactive Shift
[ ]Weapon of Speed
[ ]Elven Accuracy
[4]Disruptive Shot
[ ]Second Wind

CONDITIONALS ETC.
Armor of Dark Deeds: After attacking with CA, concealment UEOMNT
Amulet of Distortion: +2 defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares way
Shadowdancer's Boots: +1 speed, +2 when starting turn in dim light/darkness
Shadowdancer's Gloves: +1d6 damage when hidden
Close Combat Archery: Ranged attacks don't provoke
Hunter's Action: On AP, can reroll each attack before EOMT; take second roll
Elven Precision: +2 to Elven Accuracy reroll
Martial Accuracy: Reroll martial attacks twice with Elven Accuracy
Crossbow Expertise: Ignore cover
Hidden Sniper: When I have any concealment, enemies grant CA
Speed Loader: Reload as free action
Grouinding Shot: +2 damage and no penalty to hit prone targets
Running Shot: No ranged attack penalty for running

GEAR
300 gp
4500 residuum
Adventurer's kit
Camo+footpads
Adamantine cuffs
Inquisitive's kit

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 3, 2014

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Hey yo how are you guys splitting that 7800 gold? I'm fine with passing since fresh gen loot and all.

Just wanna know what you guys decide on so I can buy or not buy and have my sheet ready!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The Lord Captain's name is Iyan Ir'talan, I just keep getting it wrong in unique ways because I am bad at names apparently :downs:.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I swear I didn't mean to crit twice in one turn, sorry about your solo.

(fun fact: beholders are the only monster in 4e with a save-or-die power and it's against Fort)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That is just about the mist destroyed I have ever seen a minion get.

OK, irc seems to totally hate me now. Did they change the address away from irc.synirc.net and I just didn't notice?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

No, I haven't had any trouble connecting and haven't changed anything in the past 4 months.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

And to clarify, Malakhad and Enna are outside of the disco aura. They do not have to roll for eye rays this turn.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'm guessing we have no more questions for the Ambassador? If so I can move the plot along.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Sooner that guy fucks off, the better. Can I attempt a Wisdom check to put together any pieces I might be missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well you can tell him to gently caress off, diplomatically of course. Or get Ir'Talan to do it.

And you've got all the pieces of evidence that the crime scene can give, I'd like to hear your wildly inaccurate theories before I just tell you what's up.

• Locked thread