Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
Jerac, Genasi Swordmage Arcane Investigator

Jerac believed in knowledge. He believed that his years spent with his nose buried in books to gain insight and knowledge of ancient arcane meanderings would prove useful in protecting people from those who would use such knowledge for twisted deeds.

After rising quickly through his studies he was invited to apply to The Blackened Book. There his abilities and knowledge grew even more, but so did his cynicism. While Jerac knew there were going to be shades of grey, he wasn't fully prepared for the blackest of black in those he investigated. His years with the Book exposed him to truly horrific scenes of arcane power gone wrong. The final straw was the Necromancer.

Ordered to track down the Necromancer Jerac spent weeks investigating fresh graves that had been dug up, body parts stolen from the recently deceased. Finally his search brought him to an abandoned house in the Cogs where he found a 12 year old girl. She had been convinced by the Necromancer that she could reanimate her parents, who died to the apathy of the Cogs, by following his instructions. In reality he was simply trying to train a new apprentice to assist in his rituals.

His orders were to arrest both the girl and the Necromancer, which he did with great restraint. In reality he wanted to kill the dark magician, who simply smiled at Jerac as he was walked off in handcuffs. Jerac would never forget that smile, and would always regret not killing the bastard.

It was after that he joined the Sharn Watch Advanced Tactics Squad. He knew they were given more leeway with how they put down threats and vowed next time he encountered the Necromancer, he wouldn't get the pleasure of walking away.

Korlac fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
How we doing here? I'm itching to use one of my (and this is true) 6 Immediate Interrupt encounter powers :)

EDIT: Ignore me, I just read the recruitment ends on the 16th. I'm off to learn how to read.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Mustache Ride posted:

HI KORLAC.

Wow this recruitment is open for a long time isn't it.

Hey buddy! Happy to be returning to gaming (And in the not-too-distant future I will return to GMing).

In the meantime however I figured I'd roll with a build I've been wanting to try out for a while. But yeah, even my new baby is a little shocked at how long the recruitment is set for.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

The Leper Colon V posted:

That is indeed a very quizzical-looking baby.

So before he was born my wife didn't want to use his real name (she was worried it would be bad luck to tell anyone his name before he was born) so we just called him Ducky as he was baking. Once he was born the nickname just kind of stuck, so the wife bought him a ducky cap. She put it on his head and said "Hello Ducky" and he gave her that look. It was classic!

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Wow, I didn't realize how many freaking encounter powers I'd end up with.

pre:
Jerac   						 
HP: 104/104 (THP:  )     AC:   29    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 12/12 (V:27)     For:  24    Passive Perception: 18
Initiative: +11   	 Ref:  27    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	         Will: 23    

Encounter               Daily
[ ]Second Wind          [ ]Dance of the Sword
[ ]Guardian's Counter   [ ]Sword of the Shielding Fire
[ ]Promise of Storm     [ ]Arcane Deflection
[ ]Sword of Sigils
[ ]Channeling Shield       At-Will
[ ]Dimensional Vortex   [-]Sword Burst
[ ]Acid Surge           [-]Booming Blade
[ ]Insightful Warning      -Close Blast 2 due to Resounding Thunder
[ ]Dazing Rebuke        [-]Aegis of Shielding
[ ]Reactive Surge
[ ]Tempest Burst
[ ]Phylactery of Action (Item)
[ ]Boots of the Fencing Master (Item)
[ ]Drowmesh of Aegis Expansion (Item)
[ ]Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade (Item)

Conditionals:
-When I hit an enemy marked by me with an Arcane attack power, I gain 2 Temp HP.
-When I complete an extended rest, I gain 1d8 Temp HP.
-When I shift, I gain a +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of my next turn.
-When I reduce a nonminion enemy to 0 hit points, I gain 7 Temp HP.
-When I use an action point I can manafest any element.

Resistances:
8 Fire
8 Thunder
8 Cold
15 Lightning
15 Acid

Korlac fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 13, 2013

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

This is unreal, no one has rolled above a 5 yet.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

I've never had a build work so perfectly in the first combat before!

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Hmmmm, I suddenly realize that both Malakhad and I have Insightful Warning. I wonder if I should trade that out in the future for Quickling Stride?

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Thundarr posted:

Doubling up on a "hit the deck!" power isn't a bad thing if we get into an AoE-heavy encounter. Being able to double move in a single action as a melee striker has its benefits too though, so your call.

Yeah, I'm just going to monitor for now and assuming the game lasts long enough to hit level 12, I'll make a decision then.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Sign me up for a +3 Cloak of Distortion (level 14), a Handy Haversack (level 10) and a Paragon Tier Belt of Vigor

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Welp, time to get a new rogue. Seems ours is already broken. Shame really, only used her once (Just kidding Walker :) )

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Well good thing you've got that ritual I guess then.

Should we rename it CSI: Sharn?

Ugh, I'd rather go with NCIS: Advanced Tactics Squad :)

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Should we continue our poking and prodding, or wait till we get the results back of the ritual?

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

I think splitting the party this early into the game is a bad idea, and may make it a lot harder for Kurieg to run a split session like that on PBP. For now lets stay together unless there's a super compelling reason to divide and conquer.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Kurieg posted:

I presume you're heading to the Cannith forge in the Cogs?

You are correct sir.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Anyone else have a question for the guards, or shall we move on the the Red Hammer?

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Anyone else see a bar fight coming in our near future?

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

With all my massive resistances, can I drink the Warforged ale?

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Really Pants posted:

I'm just waiting for you all to check in before I start shooting everything.

Lets do this!

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

I'd just like to congratulate us (especially our GM) for making it to the second combat. It always seems that most of the pbp campaigns I play always flame out before we even get to the second combat.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Really Pants posted:

MY VERISIMILITUDE

Oh, did you want them up for something?

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Really Pants posted:

You've still got that Resistive Formula, too. Might be good to use it now before anyone else gets critted :ohdear:

Holy crap, didn't know about that!

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Really Pants posted:

I only need two surges for the Infusions, so out of Enna, Ghorma, and Malakhad, one of you gets to keep a surge.

Take both from me. That'll leave me with like 8 out of my 12.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

I'm voting Central. I'm worried that our actions might bring retribution against the Watch and I'd like the full might of the Watch with us during the interrogation.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Complications, eh?

How do you guys feel about a skill challenge? I ask only because one of my previous IRL groups thought they were the worst thing ever.

I think they work best using the Obsidian Skill Challenge variant rule where basically you aren't penalized for failure but instead you need to match a total number of successes within a certain time frame. They use rounds in the rules variant but really those can be any measure of time (IE: Hours, days, etc...). The DCs are also better aligned in that system for relative party size and level. You don't have to use it verbatim, I've always used it as a template for how I compose my skill challenges, and I've never had any complaints.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Kurieg posted:

If you have any other suggestions or ideas go for it, unless you're planning to do something ridiculous like try and bluff them into thinking that you're the moon.

In which case also go for it.

I tried to go a little outside the box just for entertainment value (And somehow ended up critting a History check). If you'd prefer a roll more inline with the skills you mentioned, just let me know (I can easily do an Arcane check).

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Kurieg posted:

We kind of lost some steam here with the holidays and other busy schedules.

Would you like to fast forward a bit to Fuller's Hideout, or do some more investigation at the police station?

I'm voting for Fuller's hideout!

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Captain Walker posted:

Of course, now that Ovo's game is dead, I'm at imminent risk of death here too :negative:

Ugh, that 2 couldn't have come at a worse time.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Looks like I need to work on getting some Necrotic resistance.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Really Pants posted:

I'm a bad fit and should quit because we ceaselessly get into stupid poo poo that makes me literally mad irl about elfgames, but I don't want to bitch and moan and order everyone around all the time either. That'd be worse.

Ahhh, this makes me sad. We haven't played together since way-back-when during the early days of the A-Team game. I'll miss you bud :(

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Get to the Choppa!

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Updated character sheet.

Wishlist:
Level 17 Baazrag Leather Armor Aegis Expansion +4
Level 15 Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade Longsword +3
Level 14 Circlet of Arkhosia
Level 13 Tenebrous Shroud +3
Level 12 Belt of Vigor
Level 10 Strikebacks

pre:
Immediate Actions:
*If my mark attacks anyone but me, use Aegis of Shielding (14 damage absorbed).
*If my mark attacks myself and others with an AoE, use Drowmesh of Aegis Expansion (13 damage absorbed).
*If someone other than my mark makes a melee attack against an ally within 10 of me, use Dimensional Vortex (Negates the Attack).
*If someone other than my mark makes a ranged attack against an ally within 10 of me, use Channeling Shield (9 damage absorbed).
*I can only do one of these a round, so the first one negates the other triggers.

Jerac
HP:   110/110 (THP: )    AC:   30    Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 12/12 (V:28)     For:  25    Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +12   	 Ref:  28    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6   	         Will: 24    

Encounter               Daily
[ ]Second Wind          [ ]Dance of the Sword
[ ]Guardian's Counter   [ ]Sword of the Shielding Fire
[ ]Promise of Storm     [ ]Arcane Deflection
[ ]Sword of Sigils
[ ]Channeling Shield       At-Will
[ ]Dimensional Vortex   [-]Sword Burst
[ ]Acid Surge           [-]Booming Blade
[ ]Insightful Warning      -Close Blast 2 due to Resounding Thunder
[ ]Dazing Rebuke        [-]Aegis of Shielding
[ ]Reactive Surge
[ ]Tempest Burst
[ ]Phylactery of Action (Item)
[ ]Boots of the Fencing Master (Item)
[ ]Drowmesh of Aegis Expansion (Item)
[ ]Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade (Item)

Conditionals:
-When I hit an enemy marked by me with an Arcane attack power, I gain 2 Temp HP.
-When I complete an extended rest, I gain 1d8 Temp HP.
-When I shift, I gain a +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of my next turn.
-When I reduce a nonminion enemy to 0 hit points, I gain 7 Temp HP.
-When I use an action point I can manafest any element.
-When I use Aegis of Shielding I can mark 2 targets.

Resistances:
8 Fire
8 Thunder
8 Cold
15 Lightning
15 Acid

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Well you can tell him to gently caress off, diplomatically of course. Or get Ir'Talan to do it.

This sounds like a job for Jerac...

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Korlac: Shrug it off prevents Asterion from attacking Malakhad in the first place, so go ahead and do something else if you'd like.
I've updated my turn with my corrected actions.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Wahad, do we fist bump now? It feels like we should fist bump.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Kurieg posted:

I noticed posting was slowing down even before the server crash. Do you guys want me to accelerate the plot a bit so we can get to the action (with monsters that can hopefully pose a challenge) again?

For my 2 cents I keep feeling more and more lost in the story as it gets broader and broader. I'm probably not as up-to-date on my Eberron/Sharn politics as I should be, but it just seems that as we try to narrow down our suspect pool, it just opens up wide again. Now we've had the Aurum name dropped, which is just the Illuminati for the rich and powerful in Sharn. Okay, but if they're involved our suspect pool is back to where we started because we already knew the girl was from the wealthy society just from her family involvement. It feels like we're back to square 1 here.

I want to push Syra for more information but I don't think that will get us anywhere either.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Well, basically the next part of the plot is "Ressurect Kelani and ask her yourselves." so the suspect pool will be narrowing significantly very soon.

Well I didn't know that :colbert:.

But really if that's the case, why are we mucking around here. I thought there was urgency because we couldn't wait for her to be resurrected.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

So wait, is Syra proposing we go steal Kelani's body from the Sharn watch, because if so I'm not on board with that.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Thundarr posted:

Did we get an action point back at the end of the last encounter? This is important for nova purposes. :)

Ohhh god point, cause if we did I'm going to AP and Booming Blade again, then maybe throw in some Yoga Fire. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Yeah I suppose you did.

Cool, then if it's okay with you I'll just edit my action to add my additional Booming Blade.

• Locked thread